Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 infini001

Passport approved as of now.Hope they can print it tomorrow and get it posted as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    It's outside Europe so I doubt i'll be able.

I wonder, whats that link above about? Do you mean same day service of the passport, or same day service of appointment?

Booked the on line appointment the night before for the next day at 11am. Went in and handed in the application and called back at 4pm that day for the new passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

Irish citizens are entitled to enter Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands without a passport, but nowhere else.

Can you fly with Ryanair without passport to Uk. Mine is out of date :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

just pete wrote: »
    Can you fly with Ryanair without passport to Uk. Mine is out of date :confused:

No, because Ryanair's conditions mandate that a valid passport must be held by all passengers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭just pete

Thought I heard that all right, Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So 5 days after my supposed issue date the website hasn't been updated and I haven't my passport yet!

I'm travelling next month so I might just ring them up and ask what's the status.

Can anyone tell me their phone number?

Had it here somewhere but I seem to have misplaced it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

01 671 1633

Thanks Fred!

Oh well, my passport is printed now and sent out.I've missed the travel and loss of ticket just bcos I couldn't get through to them over the phone.Damn it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

infini001 wrote: »
    Oh well, my passport is printed now and sent out.I've missed the travel and loss of ticket just bcos I couldn't get through to them over the phone.Damn it!

Or because you didn't apply early enough?

Perhaps, I was naive to think 11/14 working days as of september 17 applies. Looking forward to next journey,still appreciative of them tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Perhaps, I was naive to think 11/14 working days as of september 17 applies. Looking forward to next journey,still appreciative of them tho.

First time passport takes longer and is excluded from the Passport Express "guarantee" turn around time. First time passports take 15+ working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brayshizzle

HiGuys,

I am sure this has been discussed a lot but this is a very big thread.

I went looking for my passport to update by esta for america to find it wasnt in its normal place. Tore the place to shreds and still couldnt find it.

I went to the passport office in london and I got my application and everything needed. The man there was fine and said that it takes 6 weeks but can be done quicker if I have copy and proof of travel in my app.

. Had a lot of trouble getting the police to sign anything so in the end with to a solicitor who signed everything but didnt have a stamp (not sure if i should be worried) i have no other ID so i got him to sign all the photos.

I got everything together, my old longform birth cert, a photocpy of my old passport (wont make a difference but anything can help)etc....also my register post return evelope. I wrote a nice polite letter and asked that if any issues with the application occur to call or email me and I will be available to amend at short notice. I went to the passport office after work and gave it to the receptionist of the building to hand deliver ( its got basically my only proof and existing left so...was worried)

It took over a week for it to be registered and its still still as registed and my issue date tomorrow 16th. Here's the thing though....I travel on the 30th to America. I have called...but we know how hard it is to get in touch with them by phone. I emailed and got a standard mail back saying it can take 6 weeks...but my reply was polite and stated I travel on the 30th and its a very important trip.

I emailed them again yesterday (which is about a week and half after my last mail) and no reply. I am two weeks from my trip and bricking it. I cant afford to miss this trip. I know my own sillyness has ended up with my passport going missing but I am stressed out of my mind with this.

Has anyone ever not gotten their passport when travel documents are attached?I also see that you need to get an esta about two weeks before leaving and I am worried I wont have mine in time.

Do you think if I popped to the passport office after work I would get a clear answer?

Any words or advice would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

HiGuys,

I am sure this has been discussed a lot but this is a very big thread.

I went looking for my passport to update by esta for america to find it wasnt in its normal place. Tore the place to shreds and still couldnt find it.

I went to the passport office in london and I got my application and everything needed. The man there was fine and said that it takes 6 weeks but can be done quicker if I have copy and proof of travel in my app.

. Had a lot of trouble getting the police to sign anything so in the end with to a solicitor who signed everything but didnt have a stamp (not sure if i should be worried) i have no other ID so i got him to sign all the photos.

I got everything together, my old longform birth cert, a photocpy of my old passport (wont make a difference but anything can help)etc....also my register post return evelope. I wrote a nice polite letter and asked that if any issues with the application occur to call or email me and I will be available to amend at short notice. I went to the passport office after work and gave it to the receptionist of the building to hand deliver ( its got basically my only proof and existing left so...was worried)

It took over a week for it to be registered and its still still as registed and my issue date tomorrow 16th. Here's the thing though....I travel on the 30th to America. I have called...but we know how hard it is to get in touch with them by phone. I emailed and got a standard mail back saying it can take 6 weeks...but my reply was polite and stated I travel on the 30th and its a very important trip.

I emailed them again yesterday (which is about a week and half after my last mail) and no reply. I am two weeks from my trip and bricking it. I cant afford to miss this trip. I know my own sillyness has ended up with my passport going missing but I am stressed out of my mind with this.

Has anyone ever not gotten their passport when travel documents are attached?I also see that you need to get an esta about two weeks before leaving and I am worried I wont have mine in time.

Do you think if I popped to the passport office after work I would get a clear answer?

Any words or advice would be great.

When you lodged your application did you tell them you would be travelling? Did you provide a copy of your tickets/flight booking? If not you could email them your flight details and ask them to get your passport issued prior to your flight.

Wouldn't worry about the ESTA - you can do that up to 72 hours prior to flying.

Hi Fx,
    Ya, I put a quick letter in the application saying that my print out from my expedia booking was attached and that I left on the 30th of October. I was really just worried about if they will have it done in time and also if there are any errors with the application taht its not sent back at the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

The Gride wrote: »
    Booked the on line appointment the night before for the next day at 11am. Went in and handed in the application and called back at 4pm that day for the new passport.

Excellent.

It wasn't for a bereavement or illness was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

I have an appointment to get my passport renewed tomorrow. I'm travelling on the 24th . Should i expect to receive my passport later that day or will it be sent to me? Also, do you have to pay the extra 55 euro charge that day or can you pay it later?

Thanks.

Got my passport today. Just a quick question on behalf of a colleague,she's a naturalised citizen and just lost her passport,it says online that she has to submit all documentation like its a first time application,since she's of indian origin,she has forfeited her country of birth passport since becoming irish,so she can't submit the passport then. Any experience with this any1?

Got my passport today. Just a quick question on behalf of a colleague,she's a naturalised citizen and just lost her passport,it says online that she has to submit all documentation like its a first time application,since she's of indian origin,she has forfeited her country of birth passport since becoming irish,so she can't submit the passport then. Any experience with this any1?

Does she have any other photo ID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭statto25

Need some advice folks..... Group going on a stag Friday week to Edinburgh. Younger brother left it as late as possible to apply for passport and needless to say it was rejected Monday. To get all outstanding docs together and get them sent off wouldn't leave enough time for processing so he is in bother. We tried calling the passport office and also emailed them but no response. On the off chance that we actually speak to someone, do you think they will allow him to travel to Dublin and complete the application in person? Any ideas what we would do here?

statto25 wrote: »
    Need some advice folks..... Group going on a stag Friday week to Edinburgh. Younger brother left it as late as possible to apply for passport and needless to say it was rejected Monday. To get all outstanding docs together and get them sent off wouldn't leave enough time for processing so he is in bother. We tried calling the passport office and also emailed them but no response. On the off chance that we actually speak to someone, do you think they will allow him to travel to Dublin and complete the application in person? Any ideas what we would do here?

Your best bet is to call into your nearest passport office and speak to the person at reception.

If all else fails, Irish citizens travelling to the UK with any airline except Ryanair don't need a passport.

Worst case scenario, your brother could get a ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭statto25

fxotoole wrote: »
    Your best bet is to call into your nearest passport office and speak to the person at reception.

If all else fails, Irish citizens travelling to the UK with any airline except Ryanair don't need a passport.

Worst case scenario, your brother could get a ferry.

Thanks for the advice. Nearest passport office is Dublin, we are in Mayo so we would like some assurance that we will have have some success before travelling. It's a Ryanair flight unfortunately so Passport only. We are looking into ferries and also Aer Lingus as they will take a card drivers icense from I'm told.

fxotoole wrote: »
    Does she have any other photo ID?

She said she's got her DSP Card.

So, issue date has arrive an no movement. Any advice where to go from here?

Better to call them up,most of the time,they do not update the site in real time.It might just show approved by afternoon and posted later that day and sometimes it will just show that your new passport has been posted.If you call and spend 30min. b4 getting thru,they will push it to a checker,that was what I did.

Every time I call them I never get through to anyone sadly :(

I emailed them yesterday but no response. I know its two weeks away until I leave but I am just worried incase there were issues with the application or if I am needed to do anything more.

:-/

Still says registered...

15 working days tomorrow...

• Advertisement

still nothing. i keep waiting for the door to ring. nervous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement