Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

How accurate is the issue date? Like will I get it on that date or after or is it just an estimate?
    This post has been deleted.
    Cheers
    Sorry if this has been asked before but what exactly does the issue date mean?

Does it mean when it's being printed, when it's being sent, when you'll receive it etc?

Also, I know it's just am estimate but is it usually accurate?

Thanks

Seriously, it's an estimate. Of when it will be issued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Seriously, it's an estimate. Of when it will be issued.

Hearing so many conflicting reports from people about this.

Sorry for spammimg this thread with the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Do you need to show your birth certificate to renew a passport that expired last may?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Do you need to show your birth certificate to renew a passport that expired last may?

No if it's an adult. Yes if it's a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi guys,

Any updated on the current turnaround time?

Applied on the 22nd september with an issue date of the 6th october, yet my application is still "registered" .

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭wiilow74

Amouar wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any updated on the current turnaround time?

Applied on the 22nd september with an issue date of the 6th october, yet my application is still "registered" .

Thanks!

It's 15 working days at the moment so going by that you should have it next Mon Oct 13th , the issue date is only an estimate and that is based on a 10 working day turnaround , my application stayed at the registered stage and then went straight to passport printed , the tracker is updated 3 times a day at 7.45am , 1.45pm & 6.45pm , the status can change quite quickly , if I were you I'd check on Friday around 2pm and it should have moved status by then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Quick question which may seem stupid but I just want some reassurance as am having a panic attack here at the moment.
    I need to travel to UK on Mon coming, my passport has expiry Oct 14,I should be good right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Great thanks Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Hello, Just a few quick questions.

My mother has a British passport which has expired. It will cost £103(€130) for a renewal, but i think she wants an Irish passport which is cheaper (€89).

How will she go about getting one? On dfa.ie, she falls under the category of "Born abroad of Irish parent". My questions are about the supporting documents.

It says a birth cert is needed which she has, and also a marriage certificate which she doesn't have. But she has her divorce papers if that would be an ok substitute?

Finally it says your Irish-born parent's birth cert. Does it need to be both parents? Because she only has her Mothers birth cert, and again it asks for a marriage certificate from her parents which i'm pretty she doesn't have either. If it's too much hassle i might convince her to pay the extra and go the British renewal.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

After checking gov.uk, the only supporting documents you need for a renewal is the old passport and 2 passport photos. Be much less hassle so going to go with that, thanks.

Quick question which may seem stupid but I just want some reassurance as am having a panic attack here at the moment.
    I need to travel to UK on Mon coming, my passport has expiry Oct 14,I should be good right?

it turns out the date is actually 04 DFO/ Oct 14 so it is useless, I had presumed this was Oct 2004- Oct 2014. The nice people at the pp office were willing to give me an appointment in 3 working days which was no good as I will be going on Monday and barring a death in the family that was thebest I could hope for.
    Luckily I am flying to Guernsey with Aer Lingus and the local carrier and can use my driving licence, so only issue was with coming home with RyanAir on Tuesday next. Work ended up shelling out an extra e230 so I could fly home with AerLingus- ah well, will know next time

Hi guys,

I received a call from the passport office this morning telling me that they won't be able to send me the passport to my work address and that they need to send it to my home address since I'm first time applicant. She also told me that all the documents were in order and that the passport will be sent today.
    However, when I checked the status online, it's still shows as registered as of now. Should I still expect to receive the passport tomorrow even if the online trackers shows that it's registered rather than sent? Does it happen often that the passport is sent while the online tracker is not updated?

Thanks!

Still shows as registered :(

Did anyone ever received their passport while the online tracker was not updated and showing "registered"?
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My issue date was today but nothing has been updated.

Sent it off on 26/9.

Will have to check tomorrow and see do they update their website.

Just received my passport in the post this morning, and the online status still shows received and registered....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Is there any way to travel without a passport. Of course, legal ways.

But I might have a job abroad and I don't have a passport at the moment. They might not wait for the two weeks it takes to get the passport.

Or is there any way to speed up the process?

• Advertisement

Depends, where are you flying to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Is there any way to travel without a passport. Of course, legal ways.

But I might have a job abroad and I don't have a passport at the moment. They might not wait for the two weeks it takes to get the passport.

Or is there any way to speed up the process?
    Irish citizens are entitled to enter Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands without a passport, but nowhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 infini001

I'm a first time applicant and called on friday morning to check status of my passport application as the issue date was 07/10/2014 and still showing received and registered.The man on the phone said its being worked on at the moment so,shouldn't take long.Does that mean its approved? and just waiting to be printed,or what does it mean? flying out on Tuesday pls any1 working at the passport office should clarify this for me.Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dast1g

Just about to book flights using e-travel.ie . Flying to JFK from dublin never used them before . My brothers passport is out of date but want to book now because of cheap prices. Aer Lingus asks for your passport number but e-travel doesnt make it mandatory. Could i book my flights now and add my brothers passport info at a later date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

For anyone needing a passport in a hurry :

www.passportappointments.ie

A bit more expensive but same day service in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

It's outside Europe so I doubt i'll be able.

I wonder, whats that link above about? Do you mean same day service of the passport, or same day service of appointment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

In certain circumstances same day passport

• Registered Users Posts: 12 infini001

Now it has changed to passport application being checked.Can it go to approval today for a first time applicant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Henrys Grimey Paws

Hi,

I'm going to India for work on the 2nd of November and needed to renew my passport as it was due to expire within 6 months so needed a new one for the Indian visa. Passport office received my application on the 30th of September and since then it has sat on the "registered" status in the online passport tracking system.

10 working days are up today so I'm starting to get a bit worried as to when it's going to arrive as I also need to go through the Indian Visa application process (5 - 7 working days). In people's experience am I likely to get my Irish passport this week? Is there any point in contacting the Passport Office? I was on hold for 20 minutes earlier but had to go hang up as I had a meeting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement