Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Congrats EJD!! A 3rd baby! You will be busy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EJD

Tell me about it! It still seems a bit surreal to be honest (despite the huuuuge tummy already!).

Is this your first LMC?

Also, was considering SP in Holles St. Had Peter Boylan the last time, but now I'm reading about the Domino Scheme and thinking would I be better off with that? I had 2 very easy straightforward labours last time so I'd be low risk assuming this pregnancy goes the same way - and I begged to be let home early so I did the early transfer home scheme too.

Any advice welcomed!

EJD wrote: »
    Is this your first LMC?

Yea this is hopefully going to be our first :)
    I am not eligible for the Domino scheme as I live in the wrong area. My Doctor was funny today, highly recommended semi in Holles St, was very against private.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Yea this is hopefully going to be our first :)
    I am not eligible for the Domino scheme as I live in the wrong area. My Doctor was funny today, highly recommended semi in Holles St, was very against private.

Last time my GP (whose wife went private in Mount Carmel and then Holles St) advised again private on the basis of money and how much you have to buy to get set up with the first one especially.
    I told him I was going fully private this time and he said he understands why.

Even though I am spending lots of money by going private, I will say that your care is great regardless and if your pregnancy is fine you'll have midwives all the way. It's the post natal care I'm guaranteeing for myself.

Last time my GP (whose wife went private in Mount Carmel and then Holles St) advised again private on the basis of money and how much you have to buy to get set up with the first one especially.
    I told him I was going fully private this time and he said he understands why.

Even though I am spending lots of money by going private, I will say that your care is great regardless and if your pregnancy is fine you'll have midwives all the way. It's the post natal care I'm guaranteeing for myself.

Sorry penny dreadful didn't mean to seem rude, he just thinks for me with no know issues (yet) that semi private will work

• Advertisement

Sorry penny dreadful didn't mean to seem rude, he just thinks for me with no know issues (yet) that semi private will work

I didn't think you were being rude, not even for a second. I was trying (badly it would seem!) to reassure anyone who is worrying about the level of cover they're opting for.

Totally agree ladies.

I went public on my first, semi private on my 2nd and honestly I couldn't find any difference in the care at all. My only reason for going SP on 2nd was the smaller & quieter ward afterwards and that's the truth. I found no difference in apt waiting times. Midwives on both were fantastic. That's why I'm leaning towards domino scheme this time as I would hope that I'll be able to leave the hospital as soon as possible after the birth - so no need for an SP ward - here's hoping anyway.

Each to their own I guess :)

How is everyone doing?
    I'm still enjoying the full joy of morning sickness, had to stop driving to work this morning! Keeping it classy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

I still haven't had any sickness or symptoms apart from sore boobs, tiredness and amazing sense of smell. Kind of wishing for some sickness so I fell pregnant and slightly reassured.
    We did go and buy some baby clothes yesterday, even though we know it's way too early.

Oh that is very exciting. I am such a worry wart, the baby will probably be here before I buy anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well LMC!

I'm still the same - lucky in that I have no other symptoms but severe nausea + vomiting all day long. Can only keep down (sometimes) the crappest simple carb foods like dry Rice Krispies, which also makes me feel bad as I had wanted to eat healthy all the way through the pregnancy. Best laid plans eh!

Just booked in with the hospital!! All getting very real :)

Oh that is very exciting. I am such a worry wart, the baby will probably be here before I buy anything!

Aldi have their baby event this week, so many cute bits!!

All good here too, no morning sickness bit tired etc but reckon working full time and 2 other kids would make anyone tired lol!
    Booked all hosp appts today too - eek :)
    think I'll book a private early scan too as don't think I'll last till the 12 week scan!

I'm booked for a private scan at 9 wks, very excited

My GP was sending off my details to the hospital,do I just wait until they contact me now?
    Going public in CUMH. I already got a letter stating that I've been approved for free care but nothing else.

Yep Pooch, they will issue you with a letter with details of booking appointment and first scan. Also attending CUMH until signed off for home birth :)

I'm booked for a private scan at 9 wks, very excited

That's great, so exciting!

You will find that there are some things it's just easier to have sorted sooner rather than later. There can be a lead time on buggies and furniture and also as you get bigger you'll be less inclined to be dragging yourself around the shops looking for things. Also your baby might come a little early. I was due in Oct 7th 2014 and yet my baby decided to put in an early arrival and came almost 4 weeks early. We'd ordered our stuff from Tony Kealys in July and had arranged for it to be delivered when I started my maternity leave. For some reason one Monday morning about 2 weeks before I was due to start my mat leave I called them to see if they could possibly deliver that day as I was on a day off. Luckily they could and we had already collected the buggy. The following week my waters broke and I never even got to start my mat leave. Best excuse ever for not turning up to work on a Monday morning :-)

Best excuse ever for not turning up to work on a Monday morning :-)

Yikes! That must have been a surprise!!

I was thinking of only getting a crib to start with, hoping picking one up second hand at a reasonable price. Will I need a cot straight away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

You will probably use a moses basket for the first couple of months..I'm sure ud know someone that has one..

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    You will probably use a moses basket for the first couple of months..I'm sure ud know someone that has one..

Hopefully although most of our friends are due around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Oh rite...well if pick one up for 60 quid if u couldn't borrow one..I think they are just more cosy for babs in the beginning...also u can let baby sleep in the sitting room or where ever u are during the day..

However some people just use the pram part of the buggy so u could use this either and just get a moses basket stand..

Yikes! That must have been a surprise!!

I was thinking of only getting a crib to start with, hoping picking one up second hand at a reasonable price. Will I need a cot straight away?

It's all about personal choice. I'm a big believer in organised fun and wanted to get all of the stuff I needed out of the way and in place before the baby was born. It meant that I wouldn't be under any pressure to have to get out and buy things after the arrival.
    Also by buying everything in the one shop it allowed for more bargaining power too and they also threw in free delivery and assembly.
    I used a Moses basket that my mum was in when she was a baby. It was then used for me and my siblings and all of my nieces and nephews. I really like the idea of it being a family heirloom. Also it's massive compared to the newer ones.

I kept my daughter in my room for two weeks only and then put her across the landing into her own room. She never batted an eyelid. I had the Moses basket in her cot so when she moved from the basket to the cot at 14 weeks it was a smooth transition. She was used to sleeping in her own room, was familiar with the stickers on the walls and toys in her room.
    I also made sure she had all of her naps I her own room from 8 weeks too. It's been a really big part of what she is such a good sleeper I think as she is content and familiar with the room as a safe place for herself.

Yep Pooch, they will issue you with a letter with details of booking appointment and first scan. Also attending CUMH until signed off for home birth :)

Wow, home birth, that must be exciting!!
    Thanks for the info, I haven't a clue what's going on!
    Maybe I'll see you in CUMH ;)

Oh wow! A home birth very exciting!!

Haha, that's the plan anyway. Lots of stuff can happen during pregnancy/labour that might mean I end up in hospital anyway, but I am loving the one-on-one care with my midwife so far. Hubby is on board too, thankfully.

Not having first scan till late June, am so tempted to book a private one. Although part of me feels like we should save the money!!

Haha, that's the plan anyway. Lots of stuff can happen during pregnancy/labour that might mean I end up in hospital anyway, but I am loving the one-on-one care with my midwife so far. Hubby is on board too, thankfully.

Not having first scan till late June, am so tempted to book a private one. Although part of me feels like we should save the money!!
    Is this your first?

Is this your first?

Yes, first baby. Is this your first too?

• Advertisement

Do they insist on you living close to the hospital if you want home birth?

Advertisement