Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolve - 4v1 from the makers of L4D (multi format)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought I'd be really good at this. It hasn't played out like that. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    I thought I'd be really good at this. It hasn't played out like that. At all.

I'll be on before and after the Liverpool match tonight if you're still on lad.

tok9 wrote: »
    I'll be on before and after the Liverpool match tonight if you're still on lad.

I'll be on before alright, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I'll be on before alright, man.

First impressions? Any good?

logik wrote: »
    First impressions? Any good?

I can win as the hunters when there's a medic healing people. But as the monster, I find it hard to Evolve before getting hunted, trapped and battered. One of the most infuriting games I've played in a while, but I put that down to be being cack at it, so far.

• Advertisement

The dialogue is sheer scuttertalk. So bad, it's hard to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ohhh I dont know if I should buy or not! Agghh

I'll stream it for a bit when I get home if that's any use to you.

I'll stream it for a bit when I get home if that's any use to you.

I hope my screaming comes over the steam, somehow.

I hope my screaming comes over the steam, somehow.

Party chat>allow other party members chat...

We can do it alright :pac:

• Advertisement

Monsters seem to be getting a rough deal online so far today, not many have won. Granted it's a skill to be learned.

My first win as the monster there. I realised they have a map, too. Makes all the difference, naturally!

I'm online now and just started the stream. I'll be the monster until someone joins me.

About to start as Goliath.

Just played 2 game with the Goliath and won pretty comfortably so far. I assume I was against a few randomers.

No sign of my progress from the beta though. Not a massive deal for me but I'm sure they said it would carry over.

Well played a few games as the monster and the hunters.

Played the hunter games with Grayditch and it really does show how much you need some communication. The medic seemed to be pretty poor in at least 2 games.

The in game chat isn't anywhere near as good as the party chat. Should be on again later tonight if there is anyone else on PS4.

Well played a few games as the monster and the hunters.

Played the hunter games with Grayditch and it really does show how much you need some communication. The medic seemed to be pretty poor in at least 2 games.

The in game chat isn't anywhere near as good as the party chat. Should be on again later tonight if there is anyone else on PS4.

Did keno or wolverine get this...was trying to call them out on psn earlier :P

I was thinking of picking it up for the weekend if ur around

*edit* should have said what's your first opinions on the game??

I actually won't be around the weekend really. Maybe Friday and early Saturday.. but away for a week after that.

I like the game a lot but if you're a hunter, you need a squad or at a minimum everyone on mics. Playing with randoms can be painful at times.

I don't know if either of the lads got it.

Played one more game after last night as the medic with some randomers. Played the Medic pretty well. Our assault was absolutely terrible.

Really hope I don't have to use the in game voice chat much more. You can barely hear me in that video. I don't know if that's just the game or this video but grayditch said he was struggling to hear me too when we played.

Played one more game after last night as the medic with some randomers. Played the Medic pretty well. Our assault was absolutely terrible.

Really hope I don't have to use the in game voice chat much more. You can barely hear me in that video. I don't know if that's just the game or this video but grayditch said he was struggling to hear me too when we played.

Are you not using the psn chat as opposed to game chat?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Are you not using the psn chat as opposed to game chat?

That was game chat. If there is enough people I'd switch to party but than the randomers wouldn't hear me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

List of all the DLC not included in season pass or preorder bonuses found on the Xbox version of the game;

24 priced at $1.99, 9 at $2.99, 8 at $4.99 and 3 at $6.99; total of $135.56.

Personally fine with the game, keeping maps available is good.

Having skins as DLC is absolutely perfect with me.

Skins have nothing to do with the gameplay. Just something extra if you like it and want to give money to the dev.

I've unlocked the Kraken and 2nd medic. Had a great game there with the Kraken. The team were doing very well all through the game and just managed to beat them in the end. Thought I'd lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

do you think there's a lot of playability here lads? or could you see yourself getting bored after 15-20 hours?

Well I'm someone who still plays TLOU every so often and I can see Evolve being the same.

Something I won't be playing constantly but every week or so I'll play a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dcully wrote: »

This is a great review.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Zillah wrote: »
    This is a great review.

It's not a review, it's whether it's worth buying or not :p:D

I stopped after he said every game of Evolve is the same.

Not only is that not true but you could literally throw that generalisation at every game ever made.

This more than most, is a game that will be come great when your squad is experienced, hunting an experienced player as the monster.

• Advertisement

Couldn't agree more with Grayditch. Some of the games can honestly be epic.

The below clip is from a game earlier with a friend and it was ridiculously close. I wasn't streaming so only has my voice which is a pity but you can tell just by me how excited we were by the finish.

Also using party chat this time just to show the difference in quality.

Advertisement