Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

vapourstore, vapour ireland, or thebestshop .. all would be based in Ireland so postage will be quick, and they take laser

on the topic of standard v premium eliquids...is there ever an actual difference in flavour/quality? or is it just slightly better ingredients in the premiums but not really noticeable to the consumer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

MojoRising wrote: »
    thanks for all the help really appreciate it,where is the best site to buy Original Joytech eGo-T? all new to the ecigs,thanks again
    jon

the vapourstore or vaporireland ,don't forget to get liquid as you don't get any with the e-cig.

vapourstore, vapour ireland, or thebestshop .. all would be based in Ireland so postage will be quick, and they take laser

on the topic of standard v premium eliquids...is there ever an actual difference in flavour/quality? or is it just slightly better ingredients in the premiums but not really noticeable to the consumer?

I have noticed a definite difference with the Halo premium liquid, but tbh I prefer the dekang standard liquid.If I was vaping premium liquid I'd be spending as much buying it as I did when I was smoking.

hrm
    im looking at thebesthop for some liquid as they seem a bit cheaper.. I guess I'll pick up some ry4 in standard and in premium. test it out over the next few weeks.

i've a horrible temptation to get one of the 50ml bottles of something too... not cos I need he juice, but just cos im pretty sure a 50ml bottle would look cool beside all my 10/20/30ml ones

hrm
    im looking at thebesthop for some liquid as they seem a bit cheaper.. I guess I'll pick up some ry4 in standard and in premium. test it out over the next few weeks.

i've a horrible temptation to get one of the 50ml bottles of something too... not cos I need he juice, but just cos im pretty sure a 50ml bottle would look cool beside all my 10/20/30ml ones

I only buy the 50ml now, I've spotted 200ml and 500ml bottles in the US for $65:eek: and I'm REALLY tempted to buy one

• Advertisement

500ml.. lol
    awesome

500ml.. lol
    awesome

500ml $124 :D ,that would last all year ,I'm seriously looking at this, €87 euro, 20 dollars delivery

hrm
    youd need a dropper to drop it into an empty 20ml bottle though, could get annoying

ooh, i see they have cappucino flavour too..

damn that is tempting :D

im gona spend the next half hour adding and removing 10ml bottles from my order until i've settled on a nice flavour mix to test out, ****'s geting expensive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

500ml $124 :D ,that would last all year ,I'm seriously looking at this, €87 euro, 20 dollars delivery

Looks like its from china more than the US.

well the chinese are a great bunch of lads, so no problems there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

well the chinese are a great bunch of lads, so no problems there

Ah yeah i wouldn't disagree with you there, just making sure you didn't think they were coming from the US. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MojoRising

oh man i'm still lost as in what ecig to go for!!!! want to order today as determined to kick the cancer sticks,there's a starter kit on vapour but its €50 and you need to buy the liquid on top? are cartridges any good? thanks again in advance
    Jon

http://www.thebestshop.eu/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-xl-starter-kit/prod_174.html

the tank system is the way to go. you just drop 1ml of juice into the empty cartridge to begin with and off you go. it's so much cleaner and easier than direct dripping . this comes with what are basically 2 e-cigs, 2 batteries, 2 atomisers (a or b version.. the b version is bigger than the a version, havent used it myself cos I like vaping a small about of juice and then switching flavours. the only thing to note here, is that whichev er you get.. a or b, make sure in the future when you are buying replacement cartridges (4 euro for 5) that you get the right size a or b. ). it also comes with 5 empty cartridges , so yuoull just need juices.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid/10ml-eliquid/prod_99.html

you can test out a flavour or two here as well, 4 euro for 10ml.. get a couple of tobacco flavours, and something crazy like.. red bull or watermelon, just to try it out

--edit

oh, I forgot to mention about the different strengths of the juices. I dont really understand it myself :), but i was a 20 a day smoker so I picked up the 24mg juices for my first few orders. Thing is I loved the feeling and taste of vaping, so i'd be vaping almost continously throughout the day so I started taking in way too much nicotine.. I'd get jittery as hell. so I moved down to 11mg now, which does me good for all day vaping. if you're a heavy smoker, maybe pick up the 24 or 18mg version of the juices to start with.

oh man i'm still lost as in what ecig to go for!!!! want to order today as determined to kick the cancer sticks,there's a starter kit on vapour but its €50 and you need to buy the liquid on top? are cartridges any good? thanks again in advance
    Jon

vapourireland sells liquid, €15 for 50ml.€50 is 5 days worth of cigarettes, it's only a weeks worth of cigarettes you'd be spending on the kit and you'll be impressed.Refer to my last post for the best e-cig http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72338367&postcount=1301

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Jon

If you're talking about the pre-filled cartridges, they work out very expensive, compared to the tank, long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So basically I went with intellicig.

Not against the advice here, just I had a voucher for €40 for a chemist ( very **** birthday rpesent) and just went for it to try it out.

Overall, impressed. There is serious vapor release and a decent throat hit.

I'm three days in without a cigerrette. I've just had to charge it for the first time now. I'm a bit unsure as to know when the cartidge finishes, but its lasted me three days so far, and I've been using it as often as I would smoke normally.

Expense wise, doesnt seem that bad. €10 for ten cartidges, no messing with liquids, and if carts last 2-3 days, thats a serious saving on my part.

I'm going to keep going for the next couple of days, I do alot of smoking in work so this is the big test, but a couple of guys came in to work today with similar ones.

One guy has a Jasper and Jasper thats pretty unimpressive. Another guy had the ego Tank one I think and you can tell its a good machine, really good throat hit and pleasent flavour.

My intellicig oddly enough has a hint of toffee or caramel hard to describe.

Anyway I'll let you know how I get on, tbh I might be sucking on nothing the last few days cause I genuinely dont know how long these carts last, but again three days in, still a throat hit and vapor like I fired a cannon.

Will be keeping tabs on this thread and see how I go in a week or so, if it keeps me off the ciggies whilst in work then I'll probably look at the Ego-T thingy .

And I can easily see how it can be a little hobby looking at some youtube videos and mixing **** haha :)

was taliking to Sean at vapourireland.com ordered this Joye 510-T Starter Kit
    Battery Type - Automatic
    Colour - Black

and he said to go for this with it E-Liquid 50ml
    Flavour - Menthol
    Nicotine Level - High (24mg)

hope i've made right choice?????/

should i change order for the ego T? just seeing its getting rave reviews?

should i change order for the ego T? just seeing its getting rave reviews?

I replied to two of your posts when you asked "what should you buy?" with links for the eGo-T, why did you order something else:confused: ,did you not read the last 2 pages of this thread???? plenty of posters have told you which was the best over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,019 ✭✭✭✭Esel

... but i was a 20 a day smoker so I picked up the 24mg juices for my first few orders. Thing is I loved the feeling and taste of vaping, so i'd be vaping almost continously throughout the day so I started taking in way too much nicotine.. I'd get jittery as hell. so I moved down to 11mg now, which does me good for all day vaping. if you're a heavy smoker, maybe pick up the 24 or 18mg version of the juices to start with.
    Is it possible to just buy the 24mg strength and cut it 50% (with water or ... what? alcohol? :D) so that you end up with twice as much @ 12mg strength? Recession and all!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Esel wrote: »
    Is it possible to just buy the 24mg strength and cut it 50% (with water or ... what? alcohol? :D) so that you end up with twice as much @ 12mg strength? Recession and all!

Nah you'll wreck the thing if you do that. It's oil-based, not water. I wouldn't go throwing in a load of crisp 'n' dry in to dilute it either though. It's not that expensive to buy the oil considering it's about €5 per 10ml and that will last you a week, maybe even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Good morning to everyone:)
    From one of the russian forums I got to know new polish website that sells e-liquids. There are a lot of aromas just like on flavourartaxpress, but I actually liked them more. It's cheaper too and it took only 4 days to be delivered to Ireland. You can get the nicotine base there for dirt cheap, PG, VG, ready to vape juices etc. But the reason why i am writing this much about it is because i am shocked at the % of juices from what i ordered that i actually like a lot-if from italian company i was actually enjoying only 3 out of 10 ordered, here i enjoyed 12 out of 12!:) As owner of it says all the components are made in EU. So if you like mixing your own juice give it a go.
    TIP: if your order is below 500gr you will pay less for shipping, only 4 something euro:)
    www.inawera.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Esel wrote: »

You can buy 0 nic flavourless liquid in VG or PG form to cut down to whatever value you like. The flavour will get diluted though which is why I don't bother anymore. Cheap enough without starting a lab in my computer room.

im loving the LR tank atomisers, but they dont last at all.. my current one arrived on tuesday and it's pretty much gone now
    still getting some vapour, but its very inconsistent and it's wasting so much juice on me

--edit
    I just picked up an old atty I had laying around for a couple of weeks, blew it out and gave it a dry burn and that's working fine. pretty sure the reason it was laying around for a few weeks is that it stopped working for me. weird.

Just an update as regard to the new eGo-T that vapourireland are stocking since they've changed suppliers, I'm still using the battery I put on the atty yesterday morning, over 24 hours and it's still going strong:eek:, and serious vape:)

I just picked up an old atty I had laying around for a couple of weeks, blew it out and gave it a dry burn and that's working fine. pretty sure the reason it was laying around for a few weeks is that it stopped working for me. weird.

Strange.

The same happened my OH.
    Atty died completely.
    A couple of days later, he decided to check it one last time, before consigning it to recycling - and it was working fine.

It's been working fine for the last three days, though I don't know how much longer it will last.

mewso wrote: »
    You can buy 0 nic flavourless liquid in VG or PG form to cut down to whatever value you like. The flavour will get diluted though which is why I don't bother anymore. Cheap enough without starting a lab in my computer room.

You can get 0 nicotine in the menthol flavour, which doesn't affect the flavour if you mix it with menthol (nicotine) liquid.

I must look for other flavours that have 0 nicotine available as well.
    My OH is down to 5mg strength liquid in the menthol, but he's getting sick of the menthol flavour, and mixing the 0 nic menthol with tobacco flavours (Gold and Silver, and RY4, so far) gives him a cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Noreen1 wrote: »
    You can get 0 nicotine in the menthol flavour, which doesn't affect the flavour if you mix it with menthol (nicotine) liquid.

I must look for other flavours that have 0 nicotine available as well.
    My OH is down to 5mg strength liquid in the menthol, but he's getting sick of the menthol flavour, and mixing the 0 nic menthol with tobacco flavours (Gold and Silver, and RY4, so far) gives him a cough.

You can get 0 nicotine dekandg liquid straight from china http://www.heaven-gifts.com/gallery-66.html or from thebestshop.eu http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid/30ml-eliquid/prod_100.html
    I am sure that thebestshop.eu can stock every flavour and nicotine level in specific bottle size if you ask for it.
    Very cheap Dekang eliquid is also on http://www.dekang-shop.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=485815 but ONLY 0mg nicotine level (Belgium).
    I do not know whether you know the discount code (10% off), which is used in Ireland, shopping in thebestshop.eu - IRISHVAPE

****ing hell, really?
    i just ordered a ****ton of stuff from them
    that would have been nice to know about :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,019 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mewso wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.

Excuse my ignorance (don't think I can search the thread for two-character strings), but could you please explain VG and PG?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement