Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DaveC85 wrote: »
    Clarinwood exchange finally gone active but yet no installations to take place till sept. Is anyone with sky gotten fibre with them? My contract runs out with Eircon at the end of the month so I'm not renewing with them if I can bundle it all with my sky package.

Sky aren't doing fibre in Ireland. It looks like they will wait for the ESB/Voda network.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Hey guys, I might be moving out to Tramore soon and I was looking into broadband options. Both Vodafone and Eircom offer up to ~15MB at the address, which is supposedly on a 24MB Line. I've been reading over this thread and I saw a few people who seem unhappy with eircom.
    Would you recommend one over the other? Is it worth going for eircom in the hope I'll get upgraded to eFibre anytime soon (Tried asking eircom if I could get a date when it would be available but they didnt know)?

I am going to miss my 120MB+ UPC connection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

There are not many places left waiting for fibre. Unfortunately I am in one of those places.

Check out the map on this page: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Then click on the NGA FIBRE BROADBAND NETWORK link. From there you can zoom into Tramore on the map and see the date that your local exchange will be enabled.

I'm not sure if there is much difference between Eircom and Vodafone broadband speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    There are not many places left waiting for fibre. Unfortunately I am in one of those places.

Check out the map on this page: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Then click on the NGA FIBRE BROADBAND NETWORK link. From there you can zoom into Tramore on the map and see the date that your local exchange will be enabled.

I'm not sure if there is much difference between Eircom and Vodafone broadband speeds

I should have said, I had done that and the cabinets nearby (The house is in Cuil Beag) are already live, but it still says online that eFibre is not yet available at that address.
    The claimed speeds are the same, so I guess the only differentiator between the two will be consistency and the quality of the router provided (although I suppose I could get a router if the one they provide is crap)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey guys, I might be moving out to Tramore soon and I was looking into broadband options. Both Vodafone and Eircom offer up to ~15MB at the address, which is supposedly on a 24MB Line. I've been reading over this thread and I saw a few people who seem unhappy with eircom.
    Would you recommend one over the other? Is it worth going for eircom in the hope I'll get upgraded to eFibre anytime soon (Tried asking eircom if I could get a date when it would be available but they didnt know)?

I am going to miss my 120MB+ UPC connection :(

As soon as eircom gets fibre, Vodafone will offer it.

I'd judge what provider you go with more on price point and packages than anything else tbh. They all get slated for poor customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Anyone having problems with fibre near clarinwood tonight. Can u believe the last few nights I'm getting worse than what I had with the ****e broadband before I went to fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Sky will be officially launching fibre in January 2015, no date set or for individual properties but expect a massive media drive and proper competition in the adsl fibre market. Keep your options open

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

Does anyone already have fibre in the clarinwood/ballycarnane area?

Sky will be officially launching fibre in January 2015, no date set or for individual properties but expect a massive media drive and proper competition in the adsl fibre market. Keep your options open

Funny they never mentioned that when they rang me offering it the other day and I refused as they didn't do fibre!

Sully wrote: »
    Funny they never mentioned that when they rang me offering it the other day and I refused as they didn't do fibre!

I never wanted to leave sky and talked to them about fibre several times one time the rep put me on hold for about 10 minutes to go talk to a manager. They actually talked to someone who was in charge of broadband and was told to tell me they had no plans to role out fibre in Ireland at all. But the day i changed over to vodaphone i rang just to see and was told to just keep an eye out on the offers page as there is some good offers coming but 2 months later and theres still nothing. Sky are loosing alot of there customers because of this.

• Advertisement

DaveC85 wrote: »
    Does anyone already have fibre in the clarinwood/ballycarnane area?

Im in Clarinwood and have fibre with vodaphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Can't go into detail for legal reasons but Sky will be beginning their fibre launch in January 2015. Since August any customers who sign up to Sky Broadband services get the Sky Hub 2.0 (Black one) which is vDSL enabled for fibre and upgrades will begin in January. Obviously customers will need to call to upgrade and recontract I would expect like other companies (Eircom/Vodafone). Don't expect to hear any advertising until very near before launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I work at the Airport business park have been trying for years to get fibre, Eircom fitted 48 pairs of fibre using KN last december, they deny it is there , like almost to the point of calling me a liar, despite furnishing them with a labeled photo, what do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I live just outside tramore, and off late i notice my internet been crap. Im only on a 3meg line but during netflix it stops to buffer sometimes, it never did that before.
    Anyone else having problems? only started a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I live just outside tramore, and off late i notice my internet been crap. Im only on a 3meg line but during netflix it stops to buffer sometimes, it never did that before.
    Anyone else having problems? only started a few weeks back.

I had the same problem for ages - live just outside Tramore on coast road and had to eventually leave fixed line broadband (ADSL) in the summer as the speeds were down below 1meg and moved to wireless broadband from Total Broadband. I now have up to 8 megs and no issue with buffering. Also unlimited download which is great

They have a number of repeaters around the area so depending on where you live you may be able to get their service.

If you need any info just pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭looksee

3889448226.png

Just checked my speed for the first time in ages - with Eircom in Tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

looksee wrote: »
    3889448226.png

Just checked my speed for the first time in ages - with Eircom in Tramore

Sorry to bring up an old post.... but I am so shocked that nothing has improved since 2014, it is still the same speed in late 2020!!!

Advertisement