Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I did not mean it like this and I am certainly NOT aiming at small business creation and credit.

You very literally were though.

The ad (to those with functioning eyes) is obviously aimed at small business owners.

You are right about one thing...... I too prefer to work for someone else.
    Personally I too wouldn't want the long hours & haphazard pay of self employment.

Calling those that do "reckless" is a very curious form of begrudgery.

(Though I've no data on it, but from my time working at a bank, anecdotaly, SME credit had a much less likely chance of default or going bad compared to personal credit..... You should spare your ire for a car finance ad instead!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The ad (to those with functioning eyes) is obviously aimed at small business owners.

Personally I too wouldn't want the long hours & haphazard pay of self employment.

(Though I've no data on it, but from my time working at a bank, anecdotaly, SME credit had a much less likely chance of default or going bad compared to personal credit..... You should spare your ire for a car finance ad instead!)

Once again, I was NOT myself aiming at small business. But at the bigtime credit culture where banks lent millions to so-called bigshots who then did everything in their book not to pay back thus meaning we all had to pay back.

Of COURSE, the ad is about small business on the surface but one has to go behind what it is presenting and see the reality. A small business going in for a small loan will often face lots of hurdles and may well be turned down (thus the ad is misleading) because of whatever reason. Stil, the banks had no problem lending millions to every cowboy in the business in the 2002-2008 era.

It is like all the insurance ads. Promises that do not tend to work out the same in reality. Small businesses are brave and work long and hard with little support especially from the likes of AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The Orchard Thieves one is obviously terrible, but am I the only one who noticed the weird effects going on with the bike at the very end of the add? Its like its a hologram or something, so not only is it a terrible add its shoddily made as well.

Even the narrators voice is just unbelievably irritating

I think the weird effects with the pool table, bike, campervan is something to do with a promotion they are running to 'find the whatever that's missing from the ad' in the den of thieves. But tis brutal and wouldn't encourage me to purchase or enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seriously lads, this is a fantastic thread where people just moan and laugh about how dumb ads are, it's great to have one corner of boards not clogged up with amateur economists b1tching about each other's half baked opinions. Any chance ye could leave us to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

That bookin''''' ad with the muppet washing the rugby jerseys.... Gets on my nerves something terrible..

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    That bookin''''' ad with the muppet washing the rugby jerseys.... Gets on my nerves something terrible..

Nice and fresh just as Danny Sutcliffe likes his jerseys after a wash...lol :D

Nice and fresh just as Danny Sutcliffe likes his jerseys after a wash...lol :D

No creases on the sleeves ffs:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Avonmore Super Milk, for families who CARE about their bones. Good guilt trip there.:rolleyes:

madmaggie wrote: »
    Avonmore Super Milk, for families who CARE about their bones. Good guilt trip there.:rolleyes:

Ha ha yes Avonmore because good bones are so overrated....give me osteoporosis and brittle bones any day of the week :pac:

Them bones them bones dont need....calcium :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

No problem with the milk, it's the pushing of the more expensive product, plus the implication that anyone who doesn't use it is careless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭teadrinker96

The anti-abortion add at the start of almost every youtube video claiming that the pro-lifers don't get enough media attention. Almost as bad as the No-side during the marriage equality campaign .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The anti-abortion add at the start of almost every youtube video claiming that the pro-lifers don't get enough media attention. Almost as bad as the No-side during the marriage equality campaign .

Ad block, as a matter of urgency. Not to descend into the politics again, so I'll keep it neutral, but YouTube ads are God's punishment on atheists for stealing videos. But we've found a work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭Calibos

Heard the ad before I turned to look at it. Michael Gambon reading a childrens story, "hoho, said the Fox.....".

I bet its a pretentious fcuking Cider Ad aimed at fcuking Hipsters I says to myself.

Turns to look at TV.

YEP!! :rolleyes:

(The aforementioned Orchard Thieves ad)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

That aig ad with that clown in the dressing gown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

smilerf wrote: »

Yes! That one! Makes no fcuking sense. What mongoloid falls in love with an insurance company. There are only a handful of ads that the first few words make me change the tv/radio station

This one and
    I wonder what fresh offers Lidl has for me....
    Brave knows.....
    Here's another safe motoring tip from Axa....
    At Supervalu......
    It's the change from triangles to trigonometry....

I spend a lot of time in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Manach wrote: »
    Any advert which has adults speaking with kids' voices. Creepy.

Except the Haribo ads. They're great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQhszQ3p6M4

Not as much the ads but two particular women who "aahhh" in the Allianz ad.
    The one with the tea just over does it completely, she really "owns" it :D... And the nurse who hits the bin truck says it like a "special" person to put it nicely.

Contrasting deliveries of the "aahhh" but the nurse one really does my head in, for anyone who hasn't really watched her take note next time, even the face alone... Aaaahhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I sincerely hope he gets diarrhoea on a bus during rush hour. Hate the creep.

Tolerable for Sinead Goldrick. :)

Omackeral wrote: »
    I sincerely hope he gets diarrhoea on a bus during rush hour. Hate the creep.

That would render him more painful and irritating to put up with. He's the type that would probably laugh at getting diarrhoea and pissing off people.

wasnt he also insulting peoples cars on a mcdonalds drive thru ad some while ago?

• Advertisement

Mi Wadi now trying to advertise like it's a vitamin supplement or something... an easy way to get kids to drink "the water they need every day"... ffs, panic parents into thinking their kids aren't drinking enough water now... it's on a par with not caring about your bones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Anyone else want to hit Rachel and Steve with a blunt instrument... Pretty sure it's not just me ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

New budweiser add, about 3/4 way through they show this fella dancing, and he's pulling off some hilariously bad move

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A_smurf wrote: »
    Anyone else want to hit Rachel and Steve with a blunt instrument... Pretty sure it's not just me ;):D

Don't you mean "Steve and Rachel"? But yes something blunt like Red Forman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭jmcc

That f*cking AIB "brave" advert, again.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Them stupid ridiculous ads for Cadbury's chocolate "...I Can Boogie..." really piss me off,and not just because I hate the song.And now we have Louie Walsh lookin like an absolute muppet

The Ad's on these Web pages drive me insane. You've won an ipad, you need security software for your phone.... NO I DON'T Please feck off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Them stupid ridiculous ads for Cadbury's chocolate "...I Can Boogie..." really piss me off,and not just because I hate the song.And now we have Louie Walsh lookin like an absolute muppet

He's as crap at lip-syncing as his boybands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭teadrinker96

jmcc wrote: »
    That f*cking AIB "brave" advert, again.

Regards...jmcc

her voice is so annoying haha can't bare it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement