Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

I do not care how many men are in the world, there isnt a single one who finds that effing laugh by the one on the match.ie add attractive.

The whole lot of those adds are ****e actually, in fact every add these days seems to be absolutely terrible and annoying

And that total skank from the KBC add is back with her "modern" life.

Hope the next video she's in is produced not by KBC but by ISIS.

The new kellogs crunchy nut ad where yer man is wearing his girlfriends underwear eating his cereal.

Totally normal, acceptable behaviour, can't see anything wrong myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

London roses never seem to be from London...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The ad with Rita Ora huffing "I'm ready" then singing badly while her phone charges.

I find her loathsome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

The latest VHI ad with "Valerie",who was covered while working abroad.I just can't stand the way she talks.
    Her voice makes my ears sad! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Valentina wrote: »
    The ad with Rita Ora huffing "I'm ready" then singing badly while her phone charges.

I find her loathsome.

Christ I hate that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Any ad that takes 30 secs to skip on YouTube is my most hated ad of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Haven't posted in here for ages but stuck in a hospital bed and bored.

The first Orchard Thieves ad and the Hop House 13 ad are to me pretty much interchangeable and the type of generic beer/cider ad that we've become so used to they're just wallpaper at this stage. Zero cut through and not a new creative thought in either, but as the craft "revolution" :rolleyes: continues I'm sure we'll see more of this shoyte in the future.

Get better soon man!

In that 1st ad, there's a guy smugly throwing peanuts or something into his mouth. Its like something out of an early 90s Pringles ad. Who in the marketing dept thinks this shít is any good. Come on ffs...
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Any ad that takes 30 secs to skip on YouTube is my most hated ad of all time.

Before I got an ad blocker every ad on youtube was for Optilaise. Every one!! I fúcking hate that company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Before I got an ad blocker every ad on youtube was for Optilaise. Every one!! I fúcking hate that company.

The whole advertising online business is going to flop because of greed, they were not happy with a simple worked well banner ad, they had to take the piss with a full overlay ad and irritating popups. They deserve what they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,421 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I despise that Vodafone ad with the obnoxious chef singing in the restaurant. I mute it it every time it comes on because "I don't want to hurt anymore." Ya "big eejit" indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

sligeach wrote: »
    I despise that Vodafone ad with the obnoxious chef singing in the restaurant. I mute it it every time it comes on because "I don't want to hurt anymore." Ya "big eejit" indeed.

It's the son's hair that gets me. And his little Gareth Bale face
    The father looks like a major knob. Like one of those people who brings his guitar to a party and inflicts his 'talent' on them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

He looks like Eddie Munster to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for Thinkbox with the two dogs and their love story.
    For some reason, I find the image of the paw sliding down the car window so disturbing.
    Sexualising animals for an advert is just fcuking sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Agreed that the thinkbox ads are pretty good, perhaps some of the pre pay electricity suppliers might consider their services.
    How am I supposed to think switching to Energia is a good idea when I see their offer being attacked by a load of birds?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That RSA ad with the creepy doctor on about seat belts is doing the rounds again. He talks about it like it is gratifying.

The father looks like a major knob. Like one of those people who brings his guitar to a party and inflicts his 'talent' on them
    Valentina wrote: »
    He looks like Eddie Munster to me. :pac:

By all means criticise the ad but criticsing the youngsters appearance is a bit harsh tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The worst ad this year as I already mentioned is the Orchard Thieves one. Horrible, horrible ad.

But the most dangerous and ominous ad is that AIB backing brave one. Once more, it seems the banks are encouraging all this reckless risk taking that got us into a lot of trouble. I despise all this focus on and admiration for blatant risk takers in this country and the lack of recognition for the cautious person who plays it safe, works hard and has money when the risk taker has to be bailed out when things go wrong. AIB are not backing brave, but backing reckless!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

But the most dangerous and ominous ad is that AIB backing brave one. Once more, it seems the banks are encouraging all this reckless risk taking that got us into a lot of trouble. I despise all this focus on and admiration for blatant risk takers in this country and the lack of recognition for the cautious person who plays it safe, works hard and has money when the risk taker has to be bailed out when things go wrong. AIB are not backing brave, but backing reckless!

We all hate that ad, however to hate the principle of self employment & small business creation because if the existence of risk is stupid!

Setting up a business is extremely hard, and guess what..... small businesses need credit!

Hating those who try & who *shock*!!! also need access to credit seems ridiculously petty

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Any advert which has adults speaking with kids' voices. Creepy.

The Orchard Thieves one is obviously terrible, but am I the only one who noticed the weird effects going on with the bike at the very end of the add? Its like its a hologram or something, so not only is it a terrible add its shoddily made as well.

Even the narrators voice is just unbelievably irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Orchard Thieves one is obviously terrible, but am I the only one who noticed the weird effects going on with the bike at the very end of the add? Its like its a hologram or something, so not only is it a terrible add its shoddily made as well.

Even the narrators voice is just unbelievably irritating

I think that's these.

The guy drinking the pint at the end takes a tiny sip, it's like he doesn't like it :D

^^

Thing is I saw it again later and it happens to the pool table too, it just flickers totally black and ends up totally black its from the animus or something.

Dunno if thats part of the hipster vibe of the add, maybe normally functioning pool tables and bikes mightn't be edgy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

^^

Thing is I saw it again later and it happens to the pool table too, it just flickers totally black and ends up totally black its from the animus or something.

Dunno if thats part of the hipster vibe of the add, maybe normally functioning pool tables and bikes mightn't be edgy enough.

Yeah I only noticed the same thing very recently, was it originally in the ads? Seems like it'd be hard to miss, wondering did they make the change deliberately for some reason? Anyway, sh1t ad, sh1t cider, it'll go the way of Breo and Time and Bulmer's Pear soon enough I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

We all hate that ad, however to hate the principle of self employment & small business creation because if the existence of risk is stupid!

Setting up a business is extremely hard, and guess what..... small businesses need credit!

Hating those who try & who *shock*!!! also need access to credit seems ridiculously petty

I did not mean it like this and I am certainly NOT aiming at small business creation and credit. I mean the likes of Johnny Ronan and other bigtime developers and indeed banks borrowing off banks!

Small businesses do have to take risks and do need credit. But they will be cautious and are definitely not in the position to squander millions on some poorly thought out scheme that would never work. Hence the word RECKLESS risk taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Those evilly well-produced Facebook ads.
    Tugging at the heart strings of oversharing narcissists everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the energia advert with the crows ready to attack , the older ones were bad enough again is way over the top , maybe they should just stick to the parents kicking there child from home advert to make cut backs and that kind of stuff !!!

the taught process put into some of these adverts is beyond terrible , they obviously dont show any 80's 90's and early 2000's adverts on any marketing courses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement