Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

Decent bleedin' keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm sure I have an old copy of FM at home (maybe 2009/2010 ish). Reckon I'll have to start it up, what would be nice would be a way to export from old version to new one so you can keep your class team and also enjoy the improvements in game...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I wish they would just spend more time fixing it before releasing it as its a nightmare to play until they release patches

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mc Love wrote: »
    I wish they would just spend more time fixing it before releasing it as its a nightmare to play until they release patches

Sadly very true... I even waited until December to buy 2011 so they'd have time to fix it... but by jaysus the next patch after that drove me up the wall.

Will consider delaying my purchase again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This may be last chance saloon for FM with me. MAY buy this one but more than likely wont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just a heads up... amazon have FM2012 for pre-order at £26.91 which works out at around thirty odd euro

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

Cant wait for FM12!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭purpleblaa

Starting to wonder if I'll bother with this one. I have all the others but it seems like it takes over my life when I play it. Plus I can't understand why there are always so many bugs and why they think we should be ok with waiting around for patch after patch.
    Think I'll wait till there are some reviews before I purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

purpleblaa wrote: »
    Starting to wonder if I'll bother with this one. I have all the others but it seems like it takes over my life when I play it. Plus I can't understand why there are always so many bugs and why they think we should be ok with waiting around for patch after patch.
    Think I'll wait till there are some reviews before I purchase.
    I'm stopping playing FM 11 on September 30 to have a few weeks off to actually have a life, before I plow in to FM 12 and no life again with full enthusiasm

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season - meaning you don’t have to decide on which nations are playable at the start of your career.

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report was devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 5 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭raglinroad

Just so you know. You need an internet connection to activate Football Manager.

Activation will be done through Steam. Regardless of whether you purchase from Steam or by disc from a shop. You need Steam installed to Activate the license online.

You can turn Steam to offline mode once it's activated. But it must be running before you can launch FM12.

All Patches will be done through Steam. So you need to activate your Steam to online mode so you can update the patches.

Steam is now a requirement for playing FM12 along with an internet connection to Activate the game. Once activated you can go offline, but Steam must still be running.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

im nt a fan of steam but i still run fm through it due to handiness with updates
    cant wait to get the new fm nw, since im nw doing nothing i have all day to play it,

Yeh I'm the same. Never had an issue with Steam. But others have. I think they're going to release a blog about what Steam is and solve issues and stuff. I'll keep yas posted on any updates for the blog if yas want.

It looks promissing though. A lot of cosmetic updates, less clicking and stuff. Which is all god. More centralised interface too, no going to 3 or 4 different screens to get a job done.

There's a few nice new features too.

Can't wait.

Release date circa. 21st October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I had a sudden urge to play Total Club Manager. I downloaded TCM 2004. I love the detail in went into :D

Building your facilities, and seeing them. You could see what you had, like the medical centre was either an ambulance or a huge complex with hospitals WITH gyms :D Even the advertising boards you could change yourself or leave to your finance dudes. You could decide to take all your players to a restaurant if you wanted!! You could end up with a happier squad or some suffering with food poisoning :P You could control what your manager was doing on the sidelines, whether it was screaming at them or entertaining the crowd, telling subs to warm up or even sitting down looking bored!! These are somethings I miss in football managing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I had a sudden urge to play Total Club Manager. I downloaded TCM 2004. I love the detail in went into :D

Building your facilities, and seeing them. You could see what you had, like the medical centre was either an ambulance or a huge complex with hospitals WITH gyms :D Even the advertising boards you could change yourself or leave to your finance dudes. You could decide to take all your players to a restaurant if you wanted!! You could end up with a happier squad or some suffering with food poisoning :P You could control what your manager was doing on the sidelines, whether it was screaming at them or entertaining the crowd, telling subs to warm up or even sitting down looking bored!! These are somethings I miss in football managing games.
    So The Sims basically?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

raglinroad wrote: »
    Just so you know. You need an internet connection to activate Football Manager.

Activation will be done through Steam. Regardless of whether you purchase from Steam or by disc from a shop. You need Steam installed to Activate the license online.

You can turn Steam to offline mode once it's activated. But it must be running before you can launch FM12.

All Patches will be done through Steam. So you need to activate your Steam to online mode so you can update the patches.

Steam is now a requirement for playing FM12 along with an internet connection to Activate the game. Once activated you can go offline, but Steam must still be running.

So I need an internet connection everytime I want a game of FM2012 :( or is it just at the initial installation stage? I tend to give it a blast to kill time on long journeys home on the bus, if i cant get a signal am I then f*cked??

This might just put me off picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Nah your grand, this is a summary they released of the activation for FM 12
    In summary:
    • You need to connect to the internet to activate Football Manager 2012 on PC and Mac before you start playing it
    • To activate you will need to sign up to, and install the Steam client
    • Once you have activated Football Manager 2012 you can then play it in Steam's "offline mode" - meaning you do not have to be connected to the internet to play
    • Saved games are stored locally on your machine, but you can play Football Manager on any machine by signing into Steam and selecting it from your purchased games
    • Staying connected to Steam will mean Football Manager 2012 is automatically updated with any patches or data updates released

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

Nice one, I was thinkin it might just need to connect at installation.

Nah you don't need an internet connection to play. You will need Steam running though. As that's where the activation is stored.

You can switch Steam to offline mode to play on the go or simply if you don't like being online with Steam.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555

As always there will be times when software just doesn't work. If you're having issues with Steam I highly recommend chatting with their online support about any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2012-Mac-DVD/dp/B005HGG006/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317040954&sr=8-1

Delivery on the day(21st Oct.) afaik for £25 not too bad compared to €50 in gamestop etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Play have it for 37.50 with a free USB flash drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I for one want to see players leave clubs more often. Many of the best players remain at their club until they retire without transferring to another club, Van Persie would be an example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

CDWow have it for €28.99 with free delivery.
    http://goo.gl/WcGRx

Mr Velo wrote: »
    CDWow have it for €28.99 with free delivery.
    http://goo.gl/WcGRx

I've pre-ordered it from that site.

I've never bought a game online so fingers crossed there is no problems.

I've bought plenty from CD WoW. Realiable. Thumbs up :)

raglinroad wrote: »
    I've bought plenty from CD WoW. Realiable. Thumbs up :)

Excellent, thank you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

mars bar wrote: »
    Excellent, thank you!

Possibly a silly question but will the game be delivered to your door on the 28th? I would buy it through CCD Wow if that was the case. Otherwise i'll take the day off work and get it good and early from the shop.

Possibly a silly question but will the game be delivered to your door on the 28th? I would buy it through CCD Wow if that was the case. Otherwise i'll take the day off work and get it good and early from the shop.

I dunno to be honest! I was wondering that myself but it doesn't bother me as long as I'm not waiting a whole week...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

mars bar wrote: »
    I dunno to be honest! I was wondering that myself but it doesn't bother me as long as I'm not waiting a whole week...

But if it is in the shops here on the 28th you can get it then. Ordering it, if it doesnt arrive on the 28th, will mean the following Monday at earliest delivery, no? Think i'l just walk to the shop :D

• Advertisement

Demo out right now! Just released today!!! :D

October 21st release date :D:D:D

Advertisement