Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Advise - is this harness to small or is it a 'pefect fit' lol? There's no room for adjustment on the chest piece and not sure if it's a bit snug on her? Very hard to get photos because she's sleepy and just wants to lie down! :p

271630.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

It looks a bit "snug" alright on first glance...

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

It's definitely a tighter fit than mine. Maybe replace one of the pieces? Even if it's a bit loose she'll soon grow into it.

Thanks guys - I've mailed photos back and asked them what they think. The ones for the two boys aren't tight like that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Looks a wee bit too snug to me too, tk123.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

I agree with the other posters, tk123 - little tyke is growing as we type, and I'd class that a wee bit snug already. I'd get it changed before you end up with money wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Woke up in great form, sun shining, coffee in hand and headed off to the local dog pound. Everything went downhill from there and I have gone from full on great form to the most thunderous mood ever in the space of 3 hours. I am absolutely fuming :mad::mad::mad::mad: I don't even know where to start I am so annoyed, so I either need to suck it up and snap out of it or stay in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

This country is beyond baffling,frustrating and downright cruel sometimes. *sigh*

Teeheeheee I'm getting a new car!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Well madam had a very vocal night last night, she's very happy to be upstairs in her safe room during the day but of course as soon as it starts to get dark, she's ready to go adventuring, and she spent most of the night shouting that at us:rolleyes::)

She used her litter tray, thankfully, and is such a little love bug, she loves to be with people and her whole little body quivers as she rubs herself off us when we sit on the floor with her. She rarely stops purring when we're with her. We've ordered a couple of pet gates from Amazon and next week we'll be able to leave the door open for her and the chaps to safely get to know each other, we'll have to fatten her up a bit to make sure she can't squeeze between the bars:D

She's a real daddy's girl and Mr P is infatuated with her, so much so that he's insisted that she be called Poppy. Poor cat, it's her 3rd and final name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

So glad to hear she's settling in well! And Poppy's a great name if I say so myself ;)

• Advertisement

She's doing great, Jazzy, not so much. He's really upset about being ousted from his room. He wouldn't let us pet him yesterday but he's sleeping in our bed with us which he didn't do very often. We put his basket in our room but it's not the same.

She's a fiesty little thing, Felix and Toby poked a paw under the door yesterday, Toby got his slapped and hissed at, Felix got growled at:D Felix and Toby don't really seem too interested in her being upstairs and I doubt Jazzy would be either, if she wasn't in his room.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

So glad you caught her! picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspics

What are you getting TK? We got a new car last week, well it's an old one, but new to us. It's an estate and Harley seems to be much happier getting in and out of it than he was into the back seat. Safer too and we can fit so much more it. Although the insurance doubled!

Whispered wrote: »

What are you getting TK?

An ix35! Delighted! Possibly getting a free dog guard too - guy said he thought there were a couple in stock and he'd include it in the price. The guard is cool - it's mesh and goes from floor to ceiling so you can have the seats down and the guard is still in place.

In animal news Lucy's retriever genes are kicking in - she was in the water again today and retrieved sticks :p She's also fascinated by birds lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I met Hooked and Hugo today. Was in Maxi Zoo in Limerick, and heard a husky before I saw him, thought I heard someone say Hugo, and sure enough it was them. Lovely, vocal boy, and Hugo's quite loud as well :P

Poppy vomited on one of the seats in the lounge yesterday so we took off the cover and washed it, but kept the bare cushion on the seat for the day covered with a smaller cushion because it's 'her' seat and she likes to lay there. Well, that was a mistake, came home today and the seat cushion has more craters than the moon from her either biting or digging at it :pac:. Salvageable at least, you can't even notice a thing now that the cover is back on.

Poor wee Sylbey is mad to come inside, just sits and stares in at us the whole time. He let me put my hand right up beside him while he ate his dinner yesterday, got a fright when I patted him but went straight back to eating and I didn't try again because I didn't want to push it. My OH seen him between out shed and a wall today, I wonder if that's where he lives.

Two other strays were by last night: Froggy, a massive black cat came by for food, his head is a bit to big for the food bowl so he sticks a paw in and scoops it into his mouth so fast it's like he thinks its his last meal and a new, small black cat that came by so I took a bowl out to him/her which was wolfed down. I'm gonna be so worried about all these kitties once winter comes properly :(

A bit of food and shelter will make a big difference to strays though. I do know what you mean about worrying about them though:( But one thing I've noticed over the years with strays is that if they're getting fed and don't look sick or needy, then they are more likely to be adopted by a neighbour. It's happened with us a few times.

Oscar our injured stray that refused to be trapped had taken to eating at my parents house, nearby to us, they have 2 black cats. He looks fantastic and seems to be living with new neighbours who have a cat of their own. He only nibbles when he visits them and seems to be settling into the area. I've only seen him a couple of times and it was at their house, so he's not doing that wide ranging that he used to do.

I'm going to make sure he gets neutered, by hook or by crook. It isn't cheap but it's the kindest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

It would seem that there are a few female dogs at Ollie's daycare as he has now started squatting to pee :p Or else he's just really clever and has figured out how to pee when it's windy without getting it all over himself.... but I doubt it!

Cleaning the car out before it goes tomorrow and the amount of dog stuff that was in it!! 2 bags full to the brim now of treats, poo bags, leads/collar/harnesses I didn't even know were even in the car, doggy first aid kit, human first aid kit, etc etc and still have to take out vet bed(s), cover, guard and harness straps lol! :p I spent WAY too much on a boot liner for the new car to try and keep it clean (old one had leather seats so it was easy - this one has cloth). :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    Cleaning the car out before it goes tomorrow and the amount of dog stuff that was in it!! 2 bags full to the brim now of treats, poo bags, leads/collar/harnesses I didn't even know were even in the car, doggy first aid kit, human first aid kit, etc etc and still have to take out vet bed(s), cover, guard and harness straps lol! :p I spent WAY too much on a boot liner for the new car to try and keep it clean (old one had leather seats so it was easy - this one has cloth). :p

I reckon you have a pet shop worth of stuff for the dogs! I'm always buying bits and bobs online and feeling guilty and then I think "Na TK would have waay more than me!":D

I reckon you have a pet shop worth of stuff for the dogs! I'm always buying bits and bobs online and feeling guilty and then I think "Na TK would have waay more than me!":D

Lol! :) TBH Bailey likes plush things and ropes that last years so I might get him something new once or twice a year to swap something thats been wrecked from him holding/sucking it for hours and for Lucy all I've gotten is 3 different nylabone puppy chew/teethers...oh and I got them a kong snake each last month lol! :D Collars etc I've always donated them once we're not using them anymore so they're being used instead of sitting idle. The lead and harnes in the car must be 2 or 3 years old so assumed they were long gone! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

The husky I'm fostering that had a fractured hip, back leg and broken toes on his front leg unfortunately had to have his back leg amputated on Friday. He came home today, and was delighted when I opened the van door and he saw that he was 'home'. Hopefully he'll recover quickly now, and learn to run around on 3 legs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Jeez, don't knock it!
    TK is my "go to" woman when I'm thinking of buying ANY new product for the dogs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

DBB wrote: »
    Jeez, don't knock it!
    TK is my "go to" woman when I'm thinking of buying ANY new product for the dogs :o

Oh definitely, the unofficial road tester for the forum by default!

Oh definitely, the unofficial road tester for the forum by default!

:D lol! Oops my course is only started and I'm already dossing :p!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I wrote a while back that Isabella was having some fur loss and we brought her to the vet who suggested that it was anxiety related to her environment. Well we moved her cage into the hall (less traffic and less outside noise from the street) and already her hair is getting much better! Looks like she's not picking at it half as much, which is brilliant. She's definitely slowing down though, she takes ages to come out of her bed in the evenings, and seems a bit 'stiff' when she does. Poor thing. But hey, so long as she's comfortable... Need to make sure she has enough heat when the winter comes in though...

My 3 male cats are quite tall and I'd noticed over the past month that they'd been doing a lot of lip smacking and a bit of reguritation, especially Toby. I read something about it possibly being excess stomach acid and that raising the food bowls might help, well it has made a huge difference. I raised the bowls a week ago and there's been no more incidents of lip smacking or regurgitating food. I just put the bowls on plastic plant pots, about the size of a mug.

If anyone else is having simillar issues with their cats it might be worth a try, of course nothing beats a proper vet check in case there is a serious underlying illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

My 3 male cats are quite tall and I'd noticed over the past month that they'd been doing a lot of lip smacking and a bit of reguritation, especially Toby. I read something about it possibly being excess stomach acid and that raising the food bowls might help, well it has made a huge difference. I raised the bowls a week ago and there's been no more incidents of lip smacking or regurgitating food. I just put the bowls on plastic plant pots, about the size of a mug.

If anyone else is having simillar issues with their cats it might be worth a try, of course nothing beats a proper vet check in case there is a serious underlying illness.

Thats very interesting because one of my cats will sometimes regurgitate her wet food straight back up - I think its because she eats it too fast (never does it with the dry). Worth a try to raise the bowls if it may help with regurgitation:-)

Sylby, our stray, has learnt to knock on the window to call Poppy over for playtime:

16i5rw3.jpg

Still no joy catching him at all, but he's still spending most of his time staring in at us. Doesn't mind us through the glass. I put my hand on the glass today and he rested his paw on my hand through the glass which was super lovely.
    Basically, this is how he spends his days, sitting, staring all pressed up against the window; the sooner he decides to be brave and come in the better:

2ebqxsg.jpg

He's putting on weight from his 2+ meals a day + treats from us which is great to see. He's looking really healthy.

Ahh he's so gorgeous, they both are. I read somewhere that cats feel more comfortable when they're ignored. Maybe if you ignore him when the door is open he'd feel more daring about coming in. The weather is getting colder so he's probably going to make a break for the indoors soon. Mine are virtually glued to the fire and radiators. Felix sits in front of the fireplace and looks at it and then at us repeatedly when he wants it lit:D

• Advertisement

He does tend to be a bit braver when I ignore him - I often leave the front door open and sit on the stairs and read something and he'll cautiously come in. He made it about 2 meters in yesterday when my OH was throwing treats to him, which is a bit of a record. It's just a matter of getting the door shut once he is in :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement