Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Captain?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Sahko or Yaya lads?
    It's on Sahko at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling home to Arsenal
    Just switched from costa to Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just switched from costa to Eriksen.

I have eriksen but he and spurs are not to be trusted

Sterling home to Arsenal
    km79 wrote: »
    I have eriksen but he and spurs are not to be trusted

I don't trust them at all but he is the best option for me this week most of my attackers are away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I don't trust them at all but he is the best option for me this week most of my attackers are away.
    Yaya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rooney away to Villa
    A message to all who captain Yaya

Sterling home to Arsenal
    iroced wrote: »
    Yaya?

Not sure how they will do without a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not sure how they will do without a striker.
    Hopefully you're right and your captain has a blinder... and mine (Austin) equals yours :D...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Saako home to Leicester
    I took Erikson this week; cue straight red after scoring an own goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney away to Villa

On paper a great option and could do really well. The reasons against are not logical ones, but they were enough to put me off. Form player. Easy fixture. Good luck with it (as long as RVP matches him).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Giroud away to Liverpool
    Stayed with Sanchez. Gonna be an interesting week! The 3 below me have Yaya, Erikson and Silva captained!

Sterling home to Arsenal
    FHFC wrote: »
    On paper a great option and could do really well. The reasons against are not logical ones, but they were enough to put me off. Form player. Easy fixture. Good luck with it (as long as RVP matches him).

I'm hoping rvp gets enough pts so that you capt him next week for his 15 mins 1 pt cameo. Finn Harps league mindgames

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sterling home to Arsenal
    Carroll cappo. I have put all my faith on the big Geordie and he could be a massive differntial this week. Just checked on my cash league and 4 other lads have captained him! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Went with Soldado. Today is the day Goldado returns to the top table. Burnley at home followed by Leicester away. He seems to have been improving over the last month or so. Risky move but I'm renowned for having a massive set of balls so I don't mind rolling the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Other
    Pighead wrote: »
    Went with Soldado. Today is the day Goldado returns to the top table. Burnley at home followed by Leicester away. He seems to have been improving over the last month or so. Risky move but I'm renowned for having a massive set of balls so I don't mind rolling the dice.

Fair play to you, now that is a differential. Even having him is lunacy:pac:
    I love Soldado, hope he becomes a contender for my team soon, for the moment he's only gonna play 50% of the time at best unless he starts scoring goals, today could be that day, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

wtf042.gif

Fair play to you, now that is a differential. Even having him is lunacy:pac:
    I love Soldado, hope he becomes a contender for my team soon, for the moment he's only gonna play 50% of the time at best unless he starts scoring goals, today could be that day, good luck.
    Only brought him into my team this week. Welbeck was sent packing and I was looking for a similarly priced replacement and for some reason the non scoring Spurs striker roped me in. Pray for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

RVP awat to Villa

Hate to break it to you but he's not in the starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hate to break it to you but he's not in the starting 11.

Ouch...

Not surprised at all.

wonski wrote: »
    Ouch...

Not surprised at all.
    I feel very queasy all of a sudden. Disaster for me. Although I would say it's a bit of a surprising call. Soldado has started the last few games and as well as that himself and Kane are Spurs only for strikers. You'd have thought at home to Burnley they'd have stuck with two up top. Yaya's my vice captain so really need Soldado to come off the bench and score.

I had Clichy this week too so a potential nightmare game week could be unfolding here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sterling home to Arsenal
    I feel very queasy all of a sudden. Disaster for me. Although I would say it's a bit of a surprising call. Soldado has started the last few games and as well as that himself and Kane are Spurs only for strikers. You'd have thought at home to Burnley they'd have stuck with two up top. Yaya's my vice captain so really need Soldado to come off the bench and score.

I had Clichy this week too so a potential nightmare game week could be unfolding here.

If Soldado doesn't play then your captaincy will switch to Yaya who scored 9 points today so if I were you I'd be praying that Pochettino keeps the Spaniard on the bench.

EDIT: Ah just spotted when you posted this. :pac:

jebforever wrote: »
    If Soldado doesn't play then your captaincy will switch to Yaya who scored 9 points today so if I were you I'd be praying that Pochettino keeps the Spaniard on the bench.

EDIT: Ah just spotted when you posted this. :pac:
    You just know Soldado will come in for the last 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Rooney away to Villa
    RVP. :mad:

Bugger. Soldado on. 7 minutes to make his mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney away to Villa
    FHFC wrote: »
    It has seriously cross my mind on a couple of occasions to Captain Zabaletta. I almost certainly won't, but just so I can whinge about it when he gets a goal and CS I'm putting it on record!! :)

Oh well.

Just thankful RVP made it past 60

Austin worked:D

2 weeks in a row nailed it (last week Hazard).

I wouldn't do it if I had Yaya or some well known United forward.
    Sometimes it is good if you can't follow the poll.

Nice to be on a right track after 2-3 very average weeks. I am missing those green arrows so much. Even if it is for one night only I want to see them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Finally got a captain call right with Austin.
    Pity I also decided it was time to ditch Cresswell (6) for Clichy (0).
    Can never seem to get everything right.

Finally got a captain call right with Austin.
    Pity I also decided it was time to ditch Cresswell (6) for Clichy (0).
    Can never seem to get everything right.

You can't get everything right - there is always some player who blanks or gets a red card. You can't have them all.

Having Austin with double points is good enough. Clichy transfer was a mistake but at least you had a player who made up for lost points;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

manual_man wrote: »
    leaning towards Sanchez at the moment. Austin is tempting but you just know WBA are going to park the bus. Liverpool are a right mess at the moment and i really do fancy Sanchez to score
    callaway92 wrote: »
    What'll actually happen is the total opposite to this I'd imagine.

Both teams will be thinking that 3 points is definitely up for grabs in this one, so there's no hope whatsoever for bus parking. I'd say it'll be packed full of goals.

edge-wwe.gif

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    edge-wwe.gif

Please stay with us - I might need your opinion on some of the games next week:D

Feels good to be right, doesn't it?

Advertisement