Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I see a rookie center is starting today. Jonathan Harrison made the team after going undrafted.

Now AQ Shipley wasn't a succuss in Baltimore but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Profootballfocus has Shipley rated as the 3rd best center in the league this season.

Are there high hopes for Harrison?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I see a rookie center is starting today. Jonathan Harrison made the team after going undrafted.

Now AQ Shipley wasn't a succuss in Baltimore but that doesn't mean he's a bad player.

Profootballfocus has Shipley rated as the 3rd best center in the league this season.

Are there high hopes for Harrison?

Suipposedly the coaching staff rate him higher. Wider body to deal with yeer D Line. I Think its a terrible call taking out a player playing really well. Hopefully it doesnt backfire. Suggs is active :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Baltimore started a rookie left tackle and then when the left guard Osemele got hurt the Colts just overloaded that side and exploited it. The Colts definitly had the better gameplan here.

Björn Werner & Cory Redding played very well and Vontae Davis mostly shut down Steve Smith.

Was a nervous tight game, congrats on the win.

Vontae is a top 5 corner now imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Tough game on Sunday! Certainly tougher than it should have been by how the defence played!

On offence I think it's fair to say Luck was poor up until the 4th quarter! Bad interception, and some poor throws stifled a couple of drives! I have to give the Ravens defence credit though - Moseley is a class act!

The defence was very good! To be honest I was thinking in the lead up that we would match up well against the Ravens! TE's have been killing us all year and I wasn't overly worried by Daniels! I also remember seeing a stat somewhere last week that Flacco was rated 31st in the league when facing a blitz, so it wasn't a surprise that we blitzed so much.
    Vontae Davis was great again and Toler is an above average number 2 corner, when he's not injured!

Loved Lucks running TD though - very few QB's could do that!

• Advertisement

Just seen Daniels had 70 yards! We really can't stop tight ends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Björn Werner has really come on the past few weeks. Great win against the Bengals, I'm quietly optimistic about reaching the playoffs.

Björn Werner has really come on the past few weeks. Great win against the Bengals, I'm quietly optimistic about reaching the playoffs.

Looks like we will probably make the playoffs alright. We are playing well and the rest of the division is useless so we should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Playoffs?! We're looking at a bye in the first round the way we're playing now.
    I'd be shocked if we don't win the AFC South so sights should be set on bigger, better things.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah, it would take an almighty collapse for you guys not to take the division.

Frankly even if you did neither us or the Texans would have the cop on to capitalise tbh

• Advertisement

We should be looking for the number one seed now looking at the rest of our schedule! IMO of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

taidghbaby wrote: »
    We should be looking for the number one seed now looking at the rest of our schedule! IMO of course!

Broncos @ Colts AFC Championship game.... can you imagine the hype!?

Cant see us topping the Broncos but definitely think the #2 is within reach. Depends on that game against the Patriots Id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Björn Werner has really come on the past few weeks.

Got to agree - as a Bears fan I really thought he was another Shea McClellin. He looked a really weak tweener last year too and was pushed around. Hadn't seen the colts in a while before Sunday night and he looked really improved - much stronger, more aggressive and better use of hands to get off blocks.

I laughed at this more than I should have!

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/andrew-trent-visit-the-funhouse/

Has anyone noticed the change in Fleener this year? He looks much bigger and stronger! Still dropping passes but I have to say I've been impressed with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rouniver

Has anyone noticed the change in Fleener this year? He looks much bigger and stronger! Still dropping passes but I have to say I've been impressed with him!

He's certainly looking better alright, if only he could stop dropping the passes though!

Not overly concerned by last Sunday! I think we all knew that the defence is not as good as the Bengals & Ravens performances and especially not consistently as good!

Ben had an absolute armchair ride and Luck ran for his life all game! All in all I thought the offence was very good outside the O-line! Missed Reggie hugely when the Steelers blitzed! Him and Luck have such a good connection when Luck needs to get the ball out quickly!

Need a win against the Giants now before the bye week!

Not overly concerned by last Sunday! I think we all knew that the defence is not as good as the Bengals & Ravens performances and especially not consistently as good!

Ben had an absolute armchair ride and Luck ran for his life all game! All in all I thought the offence was very good outside the O-line! Missed Reggie hugely when the Steelers blitzed! Him and Luck have such a good connection when Luck needs to get the ball out quickly!

Need a win against the Giants now before the bye week!

Yup, if we lose on Monday and facing the Patriots after the bye we could be in trouble. Defense has been playing well with the level of talent we have on it but found out on Sunday. Cant see past a one and done in the playoffs this year, maybe the divisional round. We seem set at offence just need a bit more help on the line. But leaving out Redding,Freeman, Davis and Mathis the D is trash. Coaching staff is not good enough either on all sides of the ball.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Yup, if we lose on Monday and facing the Patriots after the bye we could be in trouble. Defense has been playing well with the level of talent we have on it but found out on Sunday. Cant see past a one and done in the playoffs this year, maybe the divisional round. We seem set at offence just need a bit more help on the line. But leaving out Redding,Freeman, Davis and Mathis the D is trash. Coaching staff is not good enough either on all sides of the ball.

Sunday showed that without Mathis we really don't have a very good or dominant defensive player! I think that'll be our downfall! Look at some of the plays Mathis made last year (sack/fumble on Manning and then on Smith in the wildcard game) and outside of Luck he really was the MVP of the team!

It's what will hold us back when it comes to the playoffs! At some stage were gonna need someon to come up with one or two big plays on defense and there's just no one there to make it! That's a huge indictment on Grigson given the money he's spent on free agents the past two years!

• Advertisement

AFC championship game lads!! Big underdogs but with our boy Luck we have every chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭not_quite_last

Just hope they remember the Pats know how to run the ball! Sick of seeing the defense being run over.

And Cribbs scares the crap out of me on punt returns now too! Fair catch it for the love of God!

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen 2m2 minutes ago
    I can't say with certainty what their status is today, but I did not get the sense Vontae Davis or Greg Toler are practicing today.

We are in big trouble if they cant go Sunday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Josh McNary charged with rape, presume he's a rotational player? Havent heard of him tbh

Josh McNary charged with rape, presume he's a rotational player? Havent heard of him tbh

Yup #3 or #4 at ILB, decent special teams player however. Gone on the exempt list so say he will be cut once our season is over.

Griff Whalen brought back to the team, probably to compete against Cribbs for kick off and punt return duties after his nervy moments lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

Raf32 wrote: »
    AFC championship game lads!! Big underdogs but with our boy Luck we have every chance.

I'd give us a good chance but we'll need alot of things to go right (not to mention the health of the cornerbacks before we arrive!). I feel we will need another big game from Boom, if we are to keep a balance to our offense. Luck has been great, but he is going to be throwing into a v good Pats sencondary with Revis, McCourty, etc. Ravens got good balance last week with Forsett running well, so Id looking to do the same.

Defense are in for a tough night but they are improving in every game. They will need to lay down a marker early on the 3rd downs to give them confidence. It seems from reports Landry is going to be on Gronk, which is, well.. heart in the mouth stuff really.

I think Luck can go to Foxboro this time and prove just what a great QB he is. He has some good weapons to choose from in Hilton, Moncrief, Allen, Fleener, so Im backing him to lead us to a famous win :-)

Got what we deserved tonight. Loads of holes to fill over the off season. Would love a coaching upgrade but cant see it happening. Very bitter defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Plenty of work for ye still to do obviously, but its been progression every season now with Luck and he is certain to get a ring in time. Good season, tough way to end it of course but no shame in losing in the Championship game.

Good luck in the off season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

kryogen wrote: »
    Plenty of work for ye still to do obviously, but its been progression every season now with Luck and he is certain to get a ring in time. Good season, tough way to end it of course but no shame in losing in the Championship game.

Good luck in the off season
    Got to second kryogens words; Get some more quality around Luck and a SB ring beckons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Honestly thought it would be a closer game but you guys have plenty of playoff games ahead of you with Luck in control. Good luck in off season and new season.

Advertisement