Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Anybody know where I could get a 3 Ireland rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

May be a stupid question, but why?

Anybody know where I could get a 3 Ireland rom?

Closest I have is a nandroid backup of the 3UK ROM that came on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Mr E wrote: »
    May be a stupid question, but why?

I acciently wiped my original rom without a backup while experimenting with s-off ,bootloader for the first time. I'm now running Venom but am thinking of selling the m8 and reckon having the 3 rom on it would possibl make it more accessible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I acciently wiped my original rom without a backup while experimenting with s-off ,bootloader for the first time. I'm now running Venom but am thinking of selling the m8 and reckon having the 3 rom on it would possibl make it more accessible

A stock European rom would do the job no?
    Just reset the tamper, lock the bootloader and flash back the stock recovery.
    It will be as new and receive updates as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So i went ahead and got s off today. Sorted super cid and then updated to the latest version of Viperone.

Now im thinking what else can i do now that im s off ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

4.4.4 is out on Three now. For anyone who hasn't checked for it yet.

So i went ahead and got s off today. Sorted super cid and then updated to the latest version of Viperone.

Now im thinking what else can i do now that im s off ??

Main benefit would be flashing firmware, but with s-off you can flash the Harman-Kardon sound mod, change your splash screen and remove the red warning text when your phone boots up. Just be careful you know exactly what you're flashing.

I think one huge benefit is that you can do full conversion to gpe for when lollipop is pushed out for gpe devices in the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've done most of that ill have to keep looking threw some other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

Hi lads
    I'm wondering can anyone help me I put a gpe rom to try it on my m8 I had viper rom on it and twrp but when I try get back into recovery it won't let me it says entering recovery but just boots up the gpe rom, and when I connect it to my laptop it won't install the drivers,
    I probably have not explained great by its a weird one

• Advertisement

kevez wrote: »
    Hi lads
    I'm wondering can anyone help me I put a gpe rom to try it on my m8 I had viper rom on it and twrp but when I try get back into recovery it won't let me it says entering recovery but just boots up the gpe rom, and when I connect it to my laptop it won't install the drivers,
    I probably have not explained great by its a weird one

Are you going from or to gpe? Would the different partition sizes be an issue?

It has gpe rom on it now but its just a rom its not converted to gpe, but I want to go back to viper but can't get back into twrp to flash the viper rom back onto it.
    And it won't connect to me laptop to try and reinstall twrp

It has gpe rom on it now but its just a rom its not converted to gpe, but I want to go back to viper but can't get back into twrp to flash the viper rom back onto it.
    And it won't connect to me laptop to try and reinstall twrp

Just to be sure you can boot up and use the phone?
    Even though I only just got rid of my M8 I'm slightly fuzzy so bare with me.
    Is the quick boot turned off in the power settings?
    Can you get to fastboot? You could just reflash a recovery image from there using the 'fastboot flash recovery....img' command.

54kroc wrote: »
    Just to be sure you can boot up and use the phone?
    Even though I only just got rid of my M8 I'm slightly fuzzy so bare with me.
    Is the quick boot turned off in the power settings?
    Can you get to fastboot? You could just reflash a recovery image from there using the 'fastboot flash recovery....img' command.

Yes I can boot up and use the phone, there is no quick boot option in the power settings. I can't seem to get fastboot to work. I don't really know how to use it so haven't tried it that much

Yes I can boot up and use the phone, there is no quick boot option in the power settings. I can't seem to get fastboot to work. I don't really know how to use it so haven't tried it that much

Can you adb?
    Also power and volume up simulates a battery pull, try that quickly followed with power and volume down to see what you get.
    I might not be explaining myself right as I'm after quite a few and posting from a mobile.
    If you're up late check xda, you will slove it eventually tis only something simple were not thinking of so don't worry.

Simple solution is to install an app called quick boot from the play store. You should be able to use that to boot to recovery if your current ROM doesn't have apm.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Hi I have the M8 with Three and I have not rooted it yet. Would like to get Lollipop but not have to wait months! If I root/CFW do you know when I should be able to put Lollipop on it?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

jenno86 wrote: »
    Hi I have the M8 with Three and I have not rooted it yet. Would like to get Lollipop but not have to wait months! If I root/CFW do you know when I should be able to put Lollipop on it?

Thanks in advance

Have a look on xda developers

jenno86 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Timeline for Lollipop is Nov/Dec for GPE ROMs, Jan/Feb for Sense ROMs.

You will need to s-off your device also (at a cost of $25) here:

http://theroot.ninja/

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

I recently got the M8, previously had the M7.

I remember reading about the M8 when it came out and the duo camera and wondering what it was all about. So from doing a bit of research its features are only used when editting photos and adding effects.

Does anyone actually think it will appear on next model, anyone actually think its good/useful ?

• Advertisement

I recently got the M8, previously had the M7.

I remember reading about the M8 when it came out and the duo camera and wondering what it was all about. So from doing a bit of research its features are only used when editting photos and adding effects.

Does anyone actually think it will appear on next model, anyone actually think its good/useful ?

The rumour has always been that this is the way the duo camera is going:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/26/corephotonics-dual-lens-smartphone-camera/

Dual 5px camera or similar with upscaling and zoom capabilities.

In its current guise, it's ok, but disappointing it hasn't been further developed, considering HTC opened it completely up for other developers to work on it.

so does the dual camera in the M8s case have any impact when taking photos, similar to the corephotonics dual lenses. More googling me thinks.

so does the dual camera in the M8s case have any impact when taking photos, similar to the corephotonics dual lenses. More googling me thinks.

No, one camera is used for the photo (the 4UP lens), and the other is purely for depth perception which is used for uFocus post processing etc. It's meant to make the fake bokeh effect much better with the extra info on depth, but to be honest I don't think it's much better than a lot of other picture processing software out there.

Still praying for the corephotonics setup in the M9, would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Has anyone ever had trouble with the HTC backup not running until completion?

Mine gets stuck on 48% every time. I tried clearing the data/cache for the HTC backup task but no luck. Tried turning off/on backup but that didn't work either.

Caliden wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had trouble with the HTC backup not running until completion?

Mine gets stuck on 48% every time. I tried clearing the data/cache for the HTC backup task but no luck. Tried turning off/on backup but that didn't work either.

I know it's a fairly common thing, don't know what causes it though. You have HTC Backup up-to-date from the Play Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Who the hell is Ben Carter? And why does my phone want to call him?!

Has anyone got this on emobile and have received 4.4.4 ota yet?

I have the m8 on emobile since about 2 weeks ago. When I turned it on for first time it prompted me to update to

• Advertisement

I had viper Rom on my m8 and restored it to stock with stock recovery and would only update to 4.4.3 then says phone is up to date😠 can anyone help with this pls

Advertisement