Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tara2201

Get over yourself u prat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

tara2201 wrote:

This sums up perhaps why you've had no response from RedC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

dee_mc wrote: »
    Has anyone else had issues with MySurvey lately? The last 2 surveys I've done for them, I've had an error message after clicking the submit button. I don't actually know whether I've been paid for either of them, and haven't received a reply to either of my emails to them in relation to the problems (in fairness, the second one was only sent 2 minutes ago!).

I had this same issue a few weeks back. Every survey I did I got an error message. Emailed but no response. Was going to give up but about a week later I got credited for all the surveys (while no direct response) and have had no issues since..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

tara2201 wrote: »

Moderator Prat, thanks.

Feel free to return if you wish to discuss this civilly and without baseless accusations which could endanger Boards as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Conchir wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the Easons e-voucher no longer available as a reward? Disappointed, it was the only one I ever chose.

I wouldn't usually quote myself or ask the same question twice in so short a time, but I'm thinking this might have gotten lost in... well, whatever that was.

Has anyone else noticed this? Have Irish Opinions and Easons ended their partnership?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Definitely gone - you could email them to ask, but I wouldn't be confident of a reply. Their UK division offers a much larger range of options: https://www.valuedopinions.co.uk/rewards (although multiple of those are just 1 - an Arcadia card) and the US version even more so they really do neglect Irish options.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

L1011 wrote: »
    Definitely gone - you could email them to ask, but I wouldn't be confident of a reply. Their UK division offers a much larger range of options: https://www.valuedopinions.co.uk/rewards (although multiple of those are just 1 - an Arcadia card) and the US version even more so they really do neglect Irish options.

Ah such a shame. It was great getting books for close to nothing, Easons even give you free postage on orders over €10 so it really worked well.

Wow, they really do have way more options in the UK and US. I take it living in Ireland means I can't sign up to the UK version.

I take it living in Ireland means I can't sign up to the UK version.

Yeah, need a UK address/postcode as would the vast majority of the surveys.

I have tried to discuss this civilly, with you but you continue to insinuate that I am lying - that I 'must' be doing something wrong to deserve the treatment I received by RedC surveys. I am in no way a liar, and will not accept accusations/insinuations suggesting/ amounting to this. Please PM me an official warning for my infraction/ban, as I will be appealing the decision with your peers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Well, several ppl on here, including yourself, told me to ring them when they wouldn't answer my emails!! You said that yourself a few posts ago. Make up your mind!!  Can't have it every way..........
    Who is this directed at?

• Advertisement

Sorry it wasn't aimed at u - it was aimed at L1011. Apologies.

I have tried to discuss this civilly, with you but you continue to insinuate that I am lying - that I 'must' be doing something wrong to deserve the treatment I received by RedC surveys. I am in no way a liar, and will not accept accusations/insinuations suggesting/ amounting to this. Please PM me an official warning for my infraction/ban, as I will be appealing the decision with your peers.

Do not discuss moderation on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Let me step in here. On thread arguing against mod instruction is not allowed. You have been beating a lone drum here for quite a while now and you have ignored instructions from mods to desist.

Continue and the next action will be a forum ban.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Ah such a shame. It was great getting books for close to nothing, Easons even give you free postage on orders over €10 so it really worked well.

Wow, they really do have way more options in the UK and US. I take it living in Ireland means I can't sign up to the UK version.

Are Easons one of the shops that have gift cards in tesco? Might be worth a look, if they are you could choose tesco from IO and purchase easons gift card then

Don't want to get involved in anything here but just wanted to add a suggestion.

I have used redC very successfully for a long time now (except once when i put number of people in the house in incorrectly)

Anyhow, as others have suggested there is probably something weird going on with your account,

If I were you I would close down the account (if you dont have any money in there that is), and maybe re open it then and hopefully whatever bug/issue/inconsistency is showing might be gone and you can then use the site again?

Just a suggestion.....

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Are Easons one of the shops that have gift cards in tesco? Might be worth a look, if they are you could choose tesco from IO and purchase easons gift card then

Don't think so - Eason would be seen as a direct competitor for everything they (Eason) sell - they also had some sort of joint venture with Supervalu in the distant past as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I ordered a €10 Tesco voucher from Irish Opinions last Monday 28th November and it came this morning, happy Xmas to me!

An email from RedC yesterday tells me that a €50 cheque (2nd this year) will be on its way in 2-3 weeks - another Christmas present sorted!
    :D

New IO Tesco vouchers don't come with the superglued on wallets.

Did anyone get the 'Watermelon' transport survey about Hailo? It mentioned a €20 7-day follow up survey, but didn't ask for email address. I wonder if they are just going to coordinate this through IO?

Did anyone get the 'Watermelon' transport survey about Hailo? It mentioned a €20 7-day follow up survey, but didn't ask for email address. I wonder if they are just going to coordinate this through IO?

I was screened out of that. Presume because I dont use taxis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I've only ever had 2 issues with RedC, one where I misread the question re number of people in the house and that resulted in a mismatch and I was thrown out of the survey. The other the one I mentioned above. I emailed RedC and they replied within 2/3 days stating it was a technical error on their partners site and credited the €4.
    Ordered a Tesco voucher from IO on 26/11 and received it today - they seem to be back to normal speed of delivery now :D Yep, superglued Tesco wallets from IO are gone!

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I was screened out of that. Presume because I dont use taxis.

Ditto. Quite far in for a screenout which is annoying. Similar surveys often have a 25c/50c inducement for going that far.

Spent the last of my IO vouchers that are going to arrive this year today. Doing a quick tot up of what I got this year, not counting pending

IO - €180 (€190 2015)
    Shop and Scan - €121 (€116.50 2015)
    RedC - €100 (€150 2015)
    Acumen - €60 (€110 2015)
    OpinionWorld - €45 (€40 2015)
    Toluna - €15 (€15 2015)
    iReach - €15 (only started 2016)
    Userneeds - €10 (only started 2016)
    Various Cint sites - €32.84 (€41.84 2015)
    Tesco Opinions 875 clubcard points (550 2015)

Significant reduction, then. Acumen fell off a cliff halfway through the year, the rest are likely down to a new job with less time to do surveys during the day.

Mine
    IO 200
    RedC 150
    Opinion World 50
    I think Acumen is 43.50 inc pending and Ask me Pay me is 15.30
    There's another 50 euro I received during the year in my All Gifts account from one of the above but I'm not sure which.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Signed up for this, seems too good to be true.

cbreeze wrote: »

Did it ask you for email address or anything? I meant to sign up for it, but I didn't get asked for contact details.

I completed this survey also and signed up for the follow on for €20, fingers crossed we hear something back

Cork2015! wrote: »

I completed this survey also and signed up for the follow on for €20, fingers crossed we hear something back
    Did it ask you for email address or anything? I meant to sign up for it, but I didn't get asked for contact details.

As far as I remember it was just would you like to be involved in the follow up... and yes/no boxes to tick and I ticked yes.

I'm 99% sure it didn't ask me for any details or email address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just received my shop and scan pack. It looks like an awful lot of work. Does anyone on here do it? What's it like, are the rewards decent? What are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

L1011 wrote: »
    What did you think they were paying out at?

I mistakenly taught 1 point equalled a cent. :p

Advertisement