Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Irish Opinion survey on utilities loaded the same question for me twice and then told me the survey was closed. I was on 55% progress, raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

NATLOR wrote: »
    Took an IO survey for €2 on supermarkets today got right to the end and clicked a submit to finish button and kept getting an error.Anyone have this happen? Sent a message, hope the are better at answering these days

Got a reply today and was credited with €2

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Got a reply today and was credited with €2

They seem to be much quicker/better to reply these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Waiting two weeks for an all gifts voucher code from Acumen. My boyfriend redeemed his points the same day and he got his code a few days later.

Annoying as we've been pooling the vouchers to get ikea vouchers and i'm waiting on that €10 to cash out €50 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Westeros wrote: »
    Just tried entering into a survey I received from RedC earlier today. €4 survey, clicked the link and was told it may look a little different as it was from one of their partners. All standard enough. Clicked 'Start Survey' and was met with the following:

Thank you for trying to complete this survey. However, on this occasion we cannot accept your answers. Our reputation, as a leading market research company, is based on the validity of the data we provide to our clients. On this occasion your answers have failed our Quality Control procedures. We have a responsibility to our clients to provide reliable research. We ask that you give careful consideration to the questions asked and in return we offer a fair reward for the time taken to complete the surveys. We hope that on the next occasion your answers will be consistent so you can complete the survey and have your reward accredited to your account.

Just had a reply from RedC in relation to this survey. It was a technical error on their partners site.
    Apologised for the error and credited the €4.

Also, Tesco voucher from IO arrived today. Ordered on 11/11. Bit quicker than last time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Do you think Gremlins is a Christmas movie?
    Possibly the best question I've ever been asked on any survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Did anyone else get an AIB business banking survey from focus vision? Im trying to work out if its a scam or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

DId anyone else find themselves dumped out to an error page right at the very end of the 75c paint survey?

That's what I got the end of the survey I mentioned above,emailed through the website and from the survey link (3 days ago) but heard nothing back yet
    Got my 75c for the paint survey back over the weekend. Didn't spend it all in one shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

L1011 wrote: »
    You are aware what a Toluna point is worth?

Their "2000 point" surveys are 50c. They are the same length as a €3 on RedC!

Crooks :mad: no €25 for me so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Crooks :mad: no €25 for me so.

What did you think they were paying out at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tara2201

Count yourself lucky - RedC normally wait until you have 90-95% of the questions answered, before throwing you out, and accusing you of 'irregularities'!!! <SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

tara2201 wrote:
    Count yourself lucky - RedC normally wait until you have 90-95% of the questions answered, before throwing you out, and accusing you of 'irregularities'!!! <SNIP>

Never happened to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

tara2201 wrote: »

No, they don't.

You are the only person reporting problems of this type here.

If you are thrown out it is because they cannot use the data - it is useless to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've never had an issue with RedC that wasn't resolved quickly and without hassle.
    I've never been thrown out of a survey for inconsistencies.
    tara2201 it's very unfair to refer to a company as <SNIP> when you are the only person reporting an issue with them - many people post on this thread and none of the rest of us seem to have found RedC unfair or inconsistent in any way. Maybe you need to be looking closer to home to find the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find it quite astounding that you are the only person this happens to. I was thrown out once, but I had misread the question while rushing to complete the survey.
    You picked the wrong company to accuse of scamming, as they are probably the most reputable out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Has anyone else had issues with MySurvey lately? The last 2 surveys I've done for them, I've had an error message after clicking the submit button. I don't actually know whether I've been paid for either of them, and haven't received a reply to either of my emails to them in relation to the problems (in fairness, the second one was only sent 2 minutes ago!).

Well, I'm just giving my honest experience with them. As I've stated here before I've answered any of the surveys honestly. When I queried what was wrong with the company they refused to answer my emails, and when I rang, they hung up the phone on me and refused to answer any further calls. And, for your info, I was not at all rude - I explained the prob to the lady who answered the phone ; she said she 'didn't know anything about survey issues'. So I asked to please be put through to someone who DID know - at which point she hung up on me. Sound like a reputable company's behaviour to you?

I would take a stab in the dark that you have something in your profile that is completely at odds to how you are answering - age or gender would be the obvious ones. Mistakes happen - double/triple check that. Or just create a new account.

You get so worked up about them on here that I would suspect you may have been curt (at the least) on the phone when you finally got the number; resulting in the hang-up. Considering you spent some time trying Consumer Affairs etc before being given the phone number on here.

I would take a stab in the dark that you have something in your profile that is completely at odds to how you are answering - age or gender would be the obvious ones. Mistakes happen - double/triple check that. Or just create a new account.

You get so worked up about them on here that I would suspect you may have been curt (at the least) on the phone when you finally got the number; resulting in the hang-up. Considering you spent some time trying Consumer Affairs etc before being given the phone number on here.

Please refer to my last post. I was not 'curt' to anyone on the phone. As far as I was concerned, I was speaking to a receptionist (the lady who initally answered the phone). Why on earth would I be rude to her - where would it get me anyway? FYI I spent many years working as a doctor's receptionist, so I know how it feels to be spoken2 like c@@p on the phone, so I wouldn't do that to anyone. I simply explained the problem to her, she said she didn't know anything about the surveys, so I asked to speak to someone who DID know about the subject. Result? She hung up, and even though I rang back several times, there was no answer. I also tried ringing several times the following day, both from a blocked number and from a mobile with called ID enabled, but no answer. I suppose now that the phone company is to blame is it, and all the phones were broken?? Hmmm??
    BTW, do you work for this crowd? Because it has been noted on here, both with myself and other users that if anyone says something even slightly negative about them, you jump down their throats!! Oh, and I don't get worked up about them - don't flatter yourself!! But I will make every effort I can to expose their practices!! Don't break out in a rash...........!!

P
    BTW, do you work for this crowd? Because it has been noted on here, both with myself and other users that if anyone says something even slightly negative about them, you jump down their throats!! Oh, and I don't get worked up about them - don't flatter yourself!! But I will make every effort I can to expose their practices!! Don't break out in a rash...........!!

I don't work for them. And I have never seen another user make an accusation of similar either. However, if I worked for every firm I'm accused of on here I'd be able to retire to the Bahamas.

You are close to the only poster making constant accusations against them - rather vitriolically and repeatedly.

There is nothing wrong with their practices, at all. There is something wrong with your account or answering style.

• Advertisement

Ever heard of private messages dear??? A few ppl have contacted me in PMs and said they have had similar experiences, but that you jump down peoples throats if any question is even asked about them, and that it comes close to bullying.

Oh, and dear boy, yes I have repeatedly made - TRUTHFUL - accusations against them on here. As I've said before I've checked and rechecked my profile, always answered the surveys honestly, and contacted the company asking for an explanation of whats going wrong with my answers. The real truth is THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY ANSWERS AND PROBABLY NEVER WAS (apart from if at 1 time I made a mistake, and answered a question wrongly, in haste or whatever, which I take full responsibility for). So, yes I will say and continue to say that it's a scam with them. And do you know what - you can't do anything about it, because last time I checked, I like in Rep of Ireland, not North Korea!! Happy Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Please refer to my last post. I was not 'curt' to anyone on the phone. As far as I was concerned, I was speaking to a receptionist (the lady who initally answered the phone). Why on earth would I be rude to her - where would it get me anyway? FYI I spent many years working as a doctor's receptionist, so I know how it feels to be spoken2 like c@@p on the phone, so I wouldn't do that to anyone. I simply explained the problem to her, she said she didn't know anything about the surveys, so I asked to speak to someone who DID know about the subject. Result? She hung up, and even though I rang back several times, there was no answer. I also tried ringing several times the following day, both from a blocked number and from a mobile with called ID enabled, but no answer. I suppose now that the phone company is to blame is it, and all the phones were broken?? Hmmm??
    Do they offer phone support? Some companies don't. Try ringing Google's office when you have a problem with YouTube, or try ringing 48 months when you have a problem with your phone subscription - and you won't get very far. I suspect it is similar to Red C - they just don't offer phone support for this service, as phone support for a mass consumer service is very, very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Is it just me or is the Easons e-voucher no longer available as a reward? Disappointed, it was the only one I ever chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

:eek::eek::eek:

In the 3 years that I have been using Red C, the only time I had an issue was one of the first surveys I completed but when asked how many people INCUDING myself live in my house I put down 0. Never had any other issue and have never had any issues with any posters in this thread. Everyone very helpful to each other.

I'm in agreement that it's a mismatch between profile and answers given..

Well, several ppl on here, including yourself, told me to ring them when they wouldn't answer my emails!! You said that yourself a few posts ago. Make up your mind!! Can't have it every way..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

tara2201 wrote:
    Ever heard of private messages dear??? A few ppl have contacted me in PMs and said they have had similar experiences, but that you jump down peoples throats if any question is even asked about them, and that it comes close to bullying.

Why would people contact you via PM when the norm would be to post their experiences on the thread?
    You are the only person here who is accusing them of being scammers.

Redc are in the survey business. If they were scamming all their members, they would soon go out of business.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So, yes I will say and continue to say that it's a scam with them. And do you know what - you can't do anything about it, because last time I checked, I like in Rep of Ireland, not North Korea!! Happy Xmas!

And the last time I checked you're posting on Boards, and if you continue to make unsubstantiated allegations of illegal activity by a company you'll find yourself having the same access to the site as you would have if you were posting from North Korea.

Invite them to post publicly.
    Oh, and dear boy, yes I have repeatedly made - TRUTHFUL - accusations against them on here. As I've said before I've checked and rechecked my profile, always answered the surveys honestly, and contacted the company asking for an explanation of whats going wrong with my answers. The real truth is THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY ANSWERS AND PROBABLY NEVER WAS (apart from if at 1 time I made a mistake, and answered a question wrongly, in haste or whatever, which I take full responsibility for). So, yes I will say and continue to say that it's a scam with them. And do you know what - you can't do anything about it, because last time I checked, I like in Rep of Ireland, not North Korea!! Happy Xmas!

Due to this being the Republic of Ireland, you have to deal with our very strict libel laws. You cannot call something a scam without proof - something you have nothing of here.

Go ahead - ask them to reply here publicly. They would want to be better at that than they were in the summer - ignoring emails, and avoiding phone calls! LMAO!!! And, oh dear - I've accused them of scamming have I?? I'll just wet the bed tonight now - you've put the fear of God into me........!!

• Advertisement

Go ahead - ask them to reply here publicly. They would want to be better at that than they were in the summer - ignoring emails, and avoiding phone calls! LMAO!!! And, oh dear - I've accused them of scamming have I?? I'll just wet the bed tonight now - you've put the fear of God into me........!!

The vast majority of your posts on here have been baseless accusations of a scam. This is your final warning on that matter.

Advertisement