Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The other Special Edition that contains the soundtrack

2dbkxfm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Amazing box art!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Any idea when this will be available for pre-order? (The edition with the soundtrack)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Myrddin wrote: »
    Any idea when this will be available for pre-order? (The edition with the soundtrack)

All bundles come with the soundtrack. The boxarts for the bundles are just mockups I think. It came from the American Amazon website and pre orders were sold out within an hour or so. The boxart for the game itself is real though. As for when pre orders will be available in Europe, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Wind Waker HD and now Twilight Princess HD.
    Might need to get a WiiU for Christmas!

Buying new consoles to play old games though - what a strange industry!

• Advertisement

Here's a better comparison video between old and new.

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Head-to-Head Comparison (Wii U vs. Wii, GameCube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjP7qxsSzk

Japanese boxart.
    CTp8cIkWsAAR_7d.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That Japanese box art is like "The Spoiler Edition"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

excited for it but not blown away by any footage so far, hopefully they will keep refining it until its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I wonder if it'll be based on the Wii edition's mirrored world version with right-handed Link. So this will be the third successive Nintendo console for Twilight Princess to appear on: GameCube, Wii, and now WiiU, all in physical forms too. And I expect there'll be an ultraHD-super-4K version ready for the NX in spring 2017. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm fairly certain it's the Gamecube version HD'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It's weird, the cutscenes don't look much better but the actual gameplay sections looks considerably better (for example the Hyrule Field segment in the above video, and there is still three months to go).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

It might be the case that the videos are already rendered, so all they can do is upscale them and maybe tidy them up. Or at most re-render them at a higher resolution. Whereas the action scenes will use graphic assets that can be replaced completely with newer, higher res, better colour ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks a little too much like "Here's the Wii version without the soft visual filter and a return to the sensible controls of the Gamecube version"
    I have the Wii and GC editions, so I'm having difficulty seeing why I would buy this one too.
    I know I will, eventually, but it's hardly a must have.
    I wonder if they'll flip the world back to the proper GC orientation, seeing as they mirrored it for the Wii edition?
    As much as I enjoyed it, a real "greatest hits" of the LoZ franchise, the Wii controls shoehorned in were a pain, almost as much as the ones in Skyward Sword

Another thing, how much is this going to cost? Resident Evil 4 HD, a Gamecube game originally as well costs $20 or speaking of Cloud, the forthcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake will be $16. A lot of HD remasters are around these prices. Nintendo overcharge for games, just look at VC as an example or the Wii U, still €300. The TP/amiibo/soundtrack will be $60 according to Amazon. I can see Nintendo charging $50 for the game alone. The game is a remaster not a remake. What do people feel is fair or think Nintendo will charge? I bet it'll be €50. Nintendo are terrible with pricing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can see the appeal alright of TP and Resi4, plenty of people who gave never played them and deserve the chance to, but for me, there's only so many times I'd be willing to spend money on games I already own.
    I have OoT in 5 different ways, MM in 3, WW in 2, TP in 2, LttP I have twice, OoS I have once, MC I have twice, LA I have twice, the LoZ collecting is a sickness!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've played and finished on the Wii. Was going to replay the Cube version on Dolphin but struggling to run at times, so since this version is based on the Cube version, I'll get it.

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Analysis - Nintendo Direct Trailer (Secrets & Hidden Details)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiZG4HoimQ

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD with official soundtrack and amiibo is now up on the Smyths website for pre order. It's €64.99. It's not a great price but it's not awful either. Break it down and it's say €15 for the amiibo, €10-15 for the Soundtrack, so that leaves the game at €35-40 for the game. I'm not overly keen on the price, could be worse though so I've pre ordered it myself.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-u/p-15851/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-with-amiibo/

Wasn't going whether to put it in the bargain thread as I'm not sure if it's a bargain. I think I will and let ye make up your own mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Dont know if its been mentioned already, but the game is gonna be compatible with nunchuck and wiimote, i wonder does this mean that both wii and gamecube versions are on the same disk, with having to be mirrored for the wii, to use the wii mote.

• Advertisement

That's on the Swedish Nintendo page so it's not official yet. But I'd like Wiimote and nunchuk controls but this time with motion plus. I'd probably play the original view as I finished it on the Wii back at launch.

Honestly, the way to play the game is via control pad.
    The only games that really improved with the addition of the Wiimote were Metroid Prime games and Pikmin.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Honestly, the way to play the game is via control pad.
    The only games that really improved with the addition of the Wiimote were Metroid Prime games and Pikmin.

All the FPS games. The COD's and Goldeneye were brilliant with the remote. I hate dual analogue controls.

The only good thing about Skyward Sword were its controls minus the constant resetting.

Eh, I'll have to break with tradition and disagree.
    While I enjoyed the likes of the COD titles on the Wii they paled before the same titles on the 360, the visuals were sharper, controls more immediate. Throwing a grenade in the heat of battle shouldn't be a miming exercise, just press a button and move on.
    Even the likes of Mario Kart Wii, the digital control option was the way to go as the tilt controls just weren't precise enough.

I'm hoping for a Skyward Sword remake but with regular controls someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I don't think I've seen many people praise skyward swords controls, mainly cos they're terrible. I mean you can see the intention there and I think its commendable, but they miss it, and it pretty much ruins the game for me, even putting aside the game is a pretty weak Zelda anyway for my 50 cents.

Sure the Wii remote was in theory a great way to play FPS's, but I agree with cider, the only games that truly benefitted are the three metroid games. The other FPS's were either not much good, had technical issues, and played a thousand times better on regular controllers.

I mean that version of COD 4 on the Wii is an absolute shambles, while the PS3 version is legit one of my favourite FPS's ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I loved Skyward Sword. The only parts of it I didn't like were Fi telling you constantly about low batteries, and the occasional resetting of the motion plus controls.

Would it have been better with a more cohesive overworld? No, I don't think so, as that wouldn't have fit with the story (which I really liked!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Well with the Wind Waker remake, they revamped a good few things.
    Maybe with this Twilight Princess remake, they'll tighten up the controls and make them what they should have been from the start!

Skyward Sword should be burned at the stake. Awful Zelda game. Easily the worst I've ever played. I've played all the 3D and most of the 2D Zeldas. I enjoyed all the others but Skyward Sword, I hate nearly everything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Hang on, are you saying that you don't like the game or what's the story? It's a little unclear from your post.

• Advertisement

He earlier said the only thing he liked about the game were the motion controls, aside from the resetting thing.

Advertisement