Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

C-J wrote: »
    Im a bit of an attention to detail freak too! My brother is a store developer for a major irish brand and he'd be in charge of every aspect of the reopening of a new store, layout, design, lighting, paintwork and whatnot, and they employ their own builders. Once you sign up to a major brand, you lose all control. So watching damien and the other dude bumbling around the place was unrealistic, but i'm just being ridiculously pedantic :p

It may be unrealistic but it is a way of including Damien and Pete on this storyline, rather than not showing the shop at all being done up (if it had have been someone else). I think it is also a way of bringing Suzanne into the storyline (bearing in mind, it used to be her family home)

I have just noticed, they have added some good videos on the Fair City website.

See behind the scenes on how an episode of FC is written and give new writer tips on how to get involved and episode teasers are now held on this section of the website!

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/videoextras.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Just passed Christy walking down HSQ wearing a bandana!!! Burn my eyes!!!

I find it unrealistic that the likes of Caoimhe and Neasa would still be living at home, surely they would have left home by now and be renting their own place or maybe living together?

In Fair City, too many adults like Caoimhe, Neasa, Zumo, Decco etc all still live at home when the likes of them would have left home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Bazzo must be out on bail. Saw him walking past Cafe Mocha on the Quays in Dublin heading in the Jervis Street direction last Thursday at lunch time. :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Fair City are hiring writers. If I was done in college, I'd have a go at applying. Probably wouldn't get very far, but still. :D

Damn them for not waiting two more years to hire new staff! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Fair City are hiring writers. If I was done in college, I'd have a go at applying. Probably wouldn't get very far, but still. :D

Damn them for not waiting two more years to hire new staff! :D

Is there a link to their job advertisement?

I think there are many of us on here who could apply for that job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Didn't know there are clinics inside the RTE grounds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Fittle wrote: »
    Is there a link to their job advertisement?

I think there are many of us on here who could apply for that job!!!

It's on the website. There's a vid about the writing process in Fair City. At the end, there's a mention of an email address to submit CVs to.

I'd love to apply if I wasn't still in college - even just to see how far I'd get. :D

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    It's on the website. There's a vid about the writing process in Fair City. At the end, there's a mention of an email address to submit CVs to.

I'd love to apply if I wasn't still in college - even just to see how far I'd get. :D

I posted that but it appears I am still in Fittle's ignored users! Oh what a shame! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,038 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looked like Jo still wanted to jump Tommy last night

• Registered Users Posts: 85,038 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sunday 13/11

A stressed Tommy meets Jo and warns her that Dearbhla is on to them. He tells her to let Dermot know that she was at the ploughing and to cover all bases. Later, Jo meets with Dearbhla in the park. Dearbhla quizzes her and Jo says too much, making Dearbhla realise that they were at the ploughing together. Dearbhla demands to know how long it was going on and Jo begs her not to say anything to Dermot. Jo tries to backtrack, but Dearbhla leaves - telling her she makes her sick.
    Dearbhla then meets with Tommy and issues an ultimatum to him - either he tells Judith that he cheated or she will. He tries to tell her that nothing happened, but she screams at him to stop lying. Backed into a corner, Tommy calls Jo and asks her to meet with him. They go to the park and he tells a distraught Jo that he has to tell Judith the truth…
    Meanwhile, Pete accuses Paul of bringing the boy racers to Carrigstown. He then tells Val that he is going to start a petition against them. Christy arrives into the community centre and begins to slag off Val, not realising that she is right behind him. He laughs as he tells the lads that he would rather work with Bob than look at her 'moaning face'.
    Later, Christy asks Deegan to look over all the CVs and suggest who would be best for the job. But when Deegan thinks that Val would be the best, he objects.
    Elsewhere, Sean begin to resent being treated like a lackey by Louie, while Finn inspires Keith and Ray to do a 'Sup for Safety' campaign.

Tuesday 15/11

As Judith leaves for work, Dearbhla warns Tommy that if he doesn't tell her about the affair today she will. Later, Tommy asks Judith if she can come home for lunch. When he tells her that he needs to talk to her about something, instinctively she knows that he's about to admit he had an affair. He is then forced to admit that Dearbhla knows as well, which sickens Judith. It dawns on Judith that she must know the person and Tommy admits it was Jo.
    A distraught Judith screams at him, but their argument is interrupted when Neasa walks in and they have to pretend that all is okay. Judith then heads back to the surgery and asks Jo if she can see her in her office. Judith confronts her straight away and Jo crumbles, telling her that it meant nothing. Judith continues to rant, but ultimately tells her that she won't say anything to Dermot.
    Meanwhile, at the community centre, Christy suffers through more painful interviews, knowing that no-one can replace Sean. He is then embarrassed when Val calls in asking when she will hear back about the job and if she got it. In McCoy's, Sean is delighted to learn that Christy is having difficulty replacing him.
    Later, in the community centre, Sean arrives to meet Christy with the pretence that he is going to help him interview people. But he sits opposite Christy and tells him that he was foolish not to see what a great opportunity it would be to become a partner in Phelans and asks if he could have the job. A delighted Christy agrees. To Christy's relief, Sean takes control of the shop's staffing problems.
    Elsewhere, Finn gets Wayne's back up when he mocks his lack of success with the ladies, while Pete and Paul's argument about the supped up cars continues.

Wednesday 16/11

At the Dillons' house, Tommy sleeps on the couch but his sleep is interrupted when Judith charges in, shouting that she needs to know the truth. At the same time, over at the Fahey house, a sleepless Jo searches for jobs online and does her best to conceal it from Dermot. Later, Dearbhla finds a sick satisfaction in seeing her father so uncomfortable as Tommy pleads with Judith for a chance to save their marriage.
    As the day continues, Judith and Tommy try to talk about what happened and when she looks at her jacket, she realises that the brooch she has on it really belonged to Jo. Judith soon realises this was more than a fling. Later, Judith arrives into the surgery and is shocked to see Jo there. She fires her on the spot.
    Towards the end of the day, Dearbhla tells Judith and Tommy that there must be consequences for Tommy's behaviour and that he should move out. Not long afterwards, Dearbhla lands Jo in it by telling a shocked Dermot that Judith fired her.
    Meanwhile, Sean and Christy have breakfast outside Vinos and Sean convinces him that he needs to hire Val as she has the best experience. Sean then offers a delighted Val the job in the shop. Val confirms she is interested, but insists that Christy has to ask her himself. Christy stiffly offers her the job of assistant manager.
    Elsewhere, Finn plays a trick on Wayne, telling him that Yvonne is delighted he will be waiting in Vinos and to be careful as she might try to seduce him like she did to Dean. He wishes a frightened Wayne good luck.

Thursday 17/11

Jo does her best to make excuses about her falling out with Judith and begs Dermot not to talk to Judith about it. Soon afterwards, Tommy calls to Jo's and she is hurt by Tommy's insistence that their fling was meaningless. He begs her to go to Judith and reassure her that it meant nothing. As the day continues, Dermot tries to talk to Judith, much to Jo's horror, but Judith refuses to discuss it.
    Later, Jo goes into the surgery to chat to Judith and tells her that the fling meant nothing. However, Judith realises what's going on and is furious that Jo and Tommy are still conspiring together. Jo is also shocked to learn that Judith is aware of Tommy's previous flings. Back in Dermot's, Jo is shocked when the brooch is pushed through the letter box. Zoe sees it and cuts her hand while trying to retrieve it.
    Meanwhile, Neasa finds herself alone on the morning of her birthday. She's later upset when she meets her mum and again her birthday is ignored. Neasa wonders whether they actually have a surprise in store for her, but she's devastated to realise that everyone has forgotten about her birthday. Judith tells Tommy he is a useless father.
    Elsewhere, Yvonne and Wayne they have been stitched up by Finn and decide to turn the tables on him; Paul tries to rent his apartment to Val but she decides to take Barry's instead; and Dearbhla shares a kiss with Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

ah jaysis don't tell me we're going to have to see val's face behind the shop counter from now on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

ah jaysis don't tell me we're going to have to see val's face behind the shop counter from now on :(
    I was thinking the same. If this is so, then I really will switch off. Or at least fast forward her scenes. Thank God for sky+. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the interior of the new shop. Pete and Damian have to be the most quiet of workers. No noises and sounds that one would expect from a building site eg. hammering, drilling, sawing etc. In reality they would never get that job, proper proffessional shop fitters would be hired by Spar, if not by Christy. Now, if only Louie and Carole would revamp McCoy's! It could remain open for business during the revamp, as Pete and Damo would be oh so quiet:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Has Dearbhla twigged that has Tommy been giving Jo more than a helping hand.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Did anyone else notice the mistake that the announcer made over the closing credits when she said that tonight's show would see Judith inviting the Dillons over for dinner??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Yes, one of her friends from Kilkenny sent her a photo of Tommy and Jo playing tonsil tennis. Looks like the photo was taken when Tommy and Jo were at the ploughing championships.

I heard Malachy on the radio this morning doing a voice over for an ad for pensions. It made me realise that I miss him in FC. Others I also miss are Duncan and Doug. I wonder will the new scriptwriters bring them back?

What's happening with Bob? Haven't seen him doing anything as the mayor of Carrickstown. I thought with his mayoral power we were going to see him getting up to all sorts of dodgy shenanigans.

dearbhla saw a photo of them snogging at the ploughing championships. though i got a phone call at that time so i didn't know where she'd got the photo from (i just saw her looking at it on her computer)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

angel01 wrote: »
    I posted that but it appears I am still in Fittle's ignored users! Oh what a shame! :D:D:D

I dont know what you're talking about...I wouldn't know how to ignore anyone here, in fact, I still can't even multi-quote...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I cant wait until Jo is written out. Just listening to her voice irritates me. Definitely, my most irritating character in Soapland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

max life wrote: »
    I cant wait until Jo is written out. Just listening to her voice irritates me. Definitely, my most irritating character in Soapland

"Ah but sure look it!!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

leahyl wrote: »
    "Ah but sure look it!!":D
    She says that in every scene she is in :D:D

did you read the questions answered with her on the rte site? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭FionnB

dearbhla saw a photo of them snogging at the ploughing championships. though i got a phone call at that time so i didn't know where she'd got the photo from (i just saw her looking at it on her computer)

You didn't miss anything - they just didn't bother to explain it!

did you read the questions answered with her on the rte site? lol

Talk about plugging her own company...
    Do you have any tips for aspiring actors?
    Go to the Irish Film Academy in Cork or Dublin - l hear it's fantastic for acting for camera training.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

I cant find her interview on the website can someone post a link??

Anyone remember Leo had a daughter she was in it a while back now for a short time, there hasnt been any mention of her since has there??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I heard Malachy on the radio this morning doing a voice over for an ad for pensions. It made me realise that I miss him in FC. Others I also miss are Duncan and Doug. I wonder will the new scriptwriters bring them back?

Bring back Mondo too. Saw him in the audience of 'The Apprentice - You're Fired' show a few weeks ago. Lookin scruffy. Looks like he could do with the few bob! :D

And bring back Rita. She was the best laugh in it - for all the wrong reasons!

blondie7 wrote: »
    I cant find her interview on the website can someone post a link??

Anyone remember Leo had a daughter she was in it a while back now for a short time, there hasnt been any mention of her since has there??

Here you go:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/mtarachelsmurphy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wonder how Jo will be written out when she goes off to have her babby? The Fair City scriptwriters have always been a bit dodgy when it comes to writing people out for a while, such as Una suddenly upping sticks practically overnight and going off to Africa to help the starving babies, as you do :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

angel01 wrote: »

Thanks angel!
    Do you have any tips for aspiring actors?
    Go to the Irish Film Academy in Cork or Dublin - l hear it's fantastic for acting for camera training.

Is this not her own company?? Interview was very boring compare to most of the previous ones

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement