Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

FrostyJim wrote: »
    To know exactly where you stand you could always go pay as you go for a month and then switch to bill if it works out.
    Good point. might be the best option... cheers!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Get a prepaid sim and try for a month. Test everything. Shortcodes etc were an issue. The port was awful. Left in end. Maybe things have improved, but look before you leap into a contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macdavi

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Vodafone customers had a similar issue calling Meteor Customers at the start of December also, don't think this is down to iDMobile in this case.

Fixed today (Tuesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Are there any affiliates that offer rewards for switching to iDmobile?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are there any affiliates that offer rewards for switching to iDmobile?

Groupscheme members. €29 plan for €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

Ok here are my problems with iD. Firstly the people on the phone are very helpful. I ported my wifes number from Metor to 3. Because if 3 very poor customer service i then ported it to iD. I signed up to the full service and got an S6 for her Christmas week. The problems started straight away with my daughter who is on Meteor with a iPhone 6. She was sending text messages to my wife but my wife could not recive them. My wife in turn could send messages to my daughter. St Stephans day my wife got all the text messages together all in one shot. Then she couldnt recive texts again from my daughter. Last week she could sudenly recive texts and then this week it stopped again. I have a S6 on Meteor and up until this week did not have any issue sending texts until this week when for no reason my wife cannot recive text messages from me. This on top of the fact that iD do not currently have the ability to send or recive MMS outside of its network except i think to Tesco. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? iD's response is that they are currently working on the MMS issue and cannot find a reason why the text messages are not been reciced. A bit frustrating.

PopIT wrote: »
    Ok here are my problems with iD. Firstly the people on the phone are very helpful. I ported my wifes number from Metor to 3. Because if 3 very poor customer service i then ported it to iD. I signed up to the full service and got an S6 for her Christmas week. The problems started straight away with my daughter who is on Meteor with a iPhone 6. She was sending text messages to my wife but my wife could not receive them. My wife in turn could send messages to my daughter. St Stephan's day my wife got all the text messages together all in one shot. Then she couldn't receive texts again from my daughter. Last week she could suddenly receive texts and then this week it stopped again. I have a S6 on Meteor and up until this week did not have any issue sending texts until this week when for no reason my wife cannot receive text messages from me. This on top of the fact that iD do not currently have the ability to send or receive MMS outside of its network except i think to Tesco. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? iD's response is that they are currently working on the MMS issue and cannot find a reason why the text messages are not been received. A bit frustrating.

Quick update. My wife received all the text messages from both myself and my daughter today and we are both able to send her text messages and she can receive them. So what ever iD have done, thank yiou. Now here's hoping they can sort out the MMS issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

I'm able to send MMSs to my wife's phone which is on 3.

It only worked after I manually set up the MMS settings.

5xxxx short codes still not working...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anybody receive their free cinema tickets from the giveaway before Xmas?

https://www.idchristmastreat.com

No sign of mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

No sign of mine yet.

No sign of mine either. They can bloody keep them. Had enough of this poor excuse for a network. Have had a max of 0.15mbps speed since sunday morning. All iD will say is get a new sim. They use the 3 masts and loads of 3 customers have complained of bad or no service since sunday as well. Surely they know this and are just refusing to admit they are also experiencing the problems.

It's been so come and go that most of the time i'm getting no data coverage at all. Add this to the fact i had no coverage in the UK the first 3 days i was there and this is the last bill i will be paying with the network. Atrocious......

• Advertisement

malcy wrote: »
    No sign of mine either. They can bloody keep them. Had enough of this poor excuse for a network. Have had a max of 0.15mbps speed since sunday morning. All iD will say is get a new sim. They use the 3 masts and loads of 3 customers have complained of bad or no service since sunday as well. Surely they know this and are just refusing to admit they are also experiencing the problems.

It's been so come and go that most of the time i'm getting no data coverage at all. Add this to the fact i had no coverage in the UK the first 3 days i was there and this is the last bill i will be paying with the network. Atrocious......
    Not the only one then to no get my tickets.

I see loads of posts on here about people having issues with x, y and z but I have go say they've been fine for me. I would like to be able to text short code numbers but it not a deal breaker. Saying that I wouldn't be with them only for the half price offer I'm on. Would have stuck with 3 other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Got those free cinema tickets.. Selected Blackpool Cork cinema on the form.. yet the tickets I got are for IMC cinemas in Dublin and way up the country? Same applies for my other two family members! They all got IMC tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ring them, demand they fix it immediately and request compensation for the extra amount of time it took.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Got those free cinema tickets.. Selected Blackpool Cork cinema on the form.. yet the tickets I got are for IMC cinemas in Dublin and way up the country? Same applies for my other two family members! They all got IMC tickets too.

They really can't get anything right can they. Its not too reassuring when they are a mobile network and don't know how many megabytes in a gigabyte. If their online counter is anything to go by they are charging out of bundle data rates when you go over 20000MB, so they are overcharging for the next 480MB.

They really can't get anything right can they. Its not too reassuring when they are a mobile network and don't know how many megabytes in a gigabyte. If their online counter is anything to go by they are charging out of bundle data rates when you go over 20000MB, so they are overcharging for the next 480MB.

When i got a txt saying i had hit my data limit and saw that it was 20000mb i had the same thought. What kind of network doesn't know how much it really is?!?! I got my cinema tickets in yesterday. It says i can redeem it in Blackpool on the list of cinemas it can be used in, which i think is what i selected. Is that Mahon Point?

PopIT wrote: »
    Ok here are my problems with iD. Firstly the people on the phone are very helpful. I ported my wifes number from Metor to 3. Because if 3 very poor customer service i then ported it to iD. I signed up to the full service and got an S6 for her Christmas week. The problems started straight away with my daughter who is on Meteor with a iPhone 6. She was sending text messages to my wife but my wife could not recive them. My wife in turn could send messages to my daughter. St Stephans day my wife got all the text messages together all in one shot. Then she couldnt recive texts again from my daughter. Last week she could sudenly recive texts and then this week it stopped again. I have a S6 on Meteor and up until this week did not have any issue sending texts until this week when for no reason my wife cannot recive text messages from me. This on top of the fact that iD do not currently have the ability to send or recive MMS outside of its network except i think to Tesco. Is anyone else experiencing these issues? iD's response is that they are currently working on the MMS issue and cannot find a reason why the text messages are not been reciced. A bit frustrating.

So after last weekend when were able to send to texts to my wife midweek this week my daughter is now again not able to send her texts. iD are now saying the issue lies with Meteor.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm glad I didn't stick around so.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It really is one step forward two steps back with iDMobile, they can't seem to get the basis things right at all.

My daughter is now back to been able to send text messages again to my wife. Meteor to iD. I rang Meteor and they can see the text messages leaving their network. Buy after that tey cant say.

https://www.idchristmastreat.com

No sign of mine yet.

Well after receiving mine last week as I already said, i came home to find a letter behind the door today. With two tickets and a letter saying here's your tickets! I now have 4! First envelope was just two tickets with no letter attached. Anyone else get extra?

• Advertisement

Well after receiving mine last week as I already said, i came home to find a letter behind the door today. With two tickets and a letter saying here's your tickets! I now have 4! First envelope was just two tickets with no letter attached. Anyone else get extra?

Yes. I got extra also. Different tickets though. They are from a different promotion company.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Yes. I got extra also. Different tickets though. They are from a different promotion company.

Strange, mine are all identical. From Sweete Promotions.

Strange, mine are all identical. From Sweete Promotions.

I got some weird IMC corporate tickets first.

I just contacted iD through their online chat service regarding the 20GB only being 20000MB. I was then told -
    20,000mb is in fact 20gb so the online account is actually correct? Is this your first month with iD?

I then explained that it wasn't 20GB, there's 1024mb in a GB etc and i know it was a minor complaint but it was just another complaint in many that i have had since i joined. She said this was out of her expertise and she would have to get a second opinion from a more experienced colleague. She gave me an email address to contact them directly with my issue, so interested to see what the reply will be!!

I just contacted iD through their online chat service regarding the 20GB only being 20000MB. I was then told -

I then explained that it wasn't 20GB, there's 1024mb in a GB etc and i know it was a minor complaint but it was just another complaint in many that i have had since i joined. She said this was out of her expertise and she would have to get a second opinion from a more experienced colleague. She gave me an email address to contact them directly with my issue, so interested to see what the reply will be!!

What's the email address?

If someone went to comreg iD wouldn't have a leg go stand on, can see them having to pay back customers when they get challenged. What a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

If someone went to comreg I'd wouldn't have a leg go stand on, can see them having to pay back customers when they get challenged. What a shambles.

How you mean?

What's the email address?

Customer.direct@idmobile.ie

How you mean?

I would assume one aspect and it is something i will challenge them on when they contact me back is the fact that I have paid for a service I didn't receive. Not to mention the countless other problems experienced. You only have to look at their Twitter feed to see how many complaints there are....

• Advertisement

How you mean?

They start charging people out of bundle data rates at 20000MB instead of 20480MB. So anyone who goes over 20000MB in a month is getting overcharged even though they were told they had a 20Gb limit.

If someone went to comreg and complained I'd imagine iD couldn't really argue it, they are in the wrong here. Overcharging. Simple as.

Advertisement