Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Lambert going straight in my basket if he moves to WBA.
    What would people prefer of the 6m strikers:
    Lambert (if he moved to WBA)
    Adebayor (if he moved to Villa)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sherwood striker > Pulis striker

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Adebayor (if he moved to Spurs)
    Lambert 100% - villa are doomed this season.
    If WBA can pay 8m for chester they can afford lambert...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Lambert 100% - villa are doomed this season.
    If WBA can pay 8m for chester they can afford lambert...

If these 2 transfers do end up happening I smell a wager!!!

Premier League ‏@premierleague 32s32 seconds ago
    NEW #FPL ADDITION: @NorwichCityFC midfielder Robbie Brady can now be selected for £5.5m following his move from Hull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

NEW #FPL ADDITION: @NorwichCityFC midfielder Robbie Brady can now be selected for £5.5m following his move from Hull

Will he be on set pieces at Norwich?

I'm going to throw in Ross Barkley @ 6.5. He's having a great pre season and 'should' finally prove his potential. Everton also have very few attacking options so talk is of an advanced role for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Jesper wrote: »

I'm going to throw in Ross Barkley @ 6.5. He's having a great pre season and 'should' finally prove his potential. Everton also have very few attacking options so talk is of an advanced role for him.

Probably won't be huge interest in Barkley due to his indifferent form last year and Everton's tough run after week 1 but I agree with you that he could be a huge player this year, definitely time for him to shít or get off the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Thats a great price. This is the transfer that so far has most affected my thinking on the makeup of my team.

A great cheap 4th mid to free up Sanchez/Aguero/Hazard funds.

His crossing is superb, I'd expect him to have at least a significant share of direct and indirect set pieces. He may, may, have a chance of penalties.

And he plays for Norwich Mr P!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Thats a great price. This is the transfer that so far has most affected my thinking on the makeup of my team.

His crossing is superb, I'd expect him to have at least a significant share of direct and indirect set pieces. He may, may, have a chance of penalties.

He's definitely in my thoughts aswell. In a number of my drafts there's been a 5.5/6 space in my team to rotate with a striker on home games and Brady would save 0.5 on Ritchie if the final draft does that way. With him coming in so late there may be a question of him starting immediately. Also I don't want reverse OOP players so there's a risk there too that he might end up as merely an attacking fullback.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

I was catering for my 4th mid or my 5th mid to be a Norwich man.

I'll watch their final friendly on Saturday with great interest :)

I might try and source a few quotes from Alex Neil about him. Whether he starts GW1 is a question worth asking though.

My love affair with Norwich will never end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Jesper wrote: »

Been keeping a keen eye on him over pre-season myself. Has been taking penalties and by the looks of things Baines no longer wants them!

Since teh Mirallas debacle he hasn't taken one with both Barkley and Lukaku taken some ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Adebayor (if he moved to Villa)

Gestede going to Villa could put the skids on Ade.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Payet has another assist for West Ham tonight, top ofy watchlist this lad.

He has been doing really well pre season judging by a few Hammer Twitter accounts i follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dahat wrote: »
    Payet has another assist for West Ham tonight, top ofy watchlist this lad.

He has been doing really well pre season judging by a few Hammer Twitter accounts i follow.

Yeah serious player. Pity about the price

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

8-10 wrote: »

Tempted to try 352 to fit him in given the GW 2/3 fixtures he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hat trick for Patrick Bamford tonight. He's on my watchlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

8-10 wrote:

dahat wrote:
    Tempted to try 352 to fit him in given the GW 2/3 fixtures he has.

Have Sakho and reluctant to double up on west ham although I do have Payet in the sky sports FF where is is better priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hat trick for Patrick Bamford tonight. He's on my watchlist.

First half hat-trick no less. Though against Conference opposition so not gonna read too much into it

Any love of Janmaat? 8 assists and 1 goal last year, fond of yellow and red cards though. 5.0 so is expensive but haven't seen him in any teams so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

According to Rodgers latest press conference Ibe will feature 'heavily' this season for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Any love of Janmaat? 8 assists and 1 goal last year, fond of yellow and red cards though. 5.0 so is expensive but haven't seen him in any teams so far.

Terrible fixtures and unknown how Shteve will set up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Devia wrote: »
    According to Rodgers latest press conference Ibe will feature 'heavily' this season for Liverpool.

not surprised to hear that. has the pace which other attackers lack, and very direct. looking sharp in pre-season. a sure candidate for those setting out with a cheap mid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

manual_man wrote: »
    First half hat-trick no less. Though against Conference opposition so not gonna read too much into it

19 goals in all comps last season.
    My ideal will be him Costa and Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Panthro wrote: »
    19 goals in all comps last season.
    My ideal will be him Costa and Rooney.
    He'll be on my watchlist. 3 of his 1st 6 games are v last season's top 3. He won't play against Chelsea either in GW4. So I'd only pick him for NOR a, AVL h, and maybe TOT a. It gives me a few weeks to see how other players in that price bracket are doing. At the moment I'm on Wilson for his fixtures, but like everyone else he could be switched to a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Devia wrote: »
    Would love to have him in my team, just concerned that I'd be worried at 2pm every Saturday, is he playing or is he not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lmrda

Thoughts on Charlie Adam? Will he start regularly? A good player with good fixtures if so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Is Lambert at West Brom worth a gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Little talk of PVA. If his position is safe then I think he's worth the money. On last year's form he was like an extra midfielder who gets 4 points for a clean sheet. I don't think I ever had him last year as I always had a Sunderland keeper but I'm tempted. Any fear he doesn't play?

Little talk of PVA. If his position is safe then I think he's worth the money. On last year's form he was like an extra midfielder who gets 4 points for a clean sheet. I don't think I ever had him last year as I always had a Sunderland keeper but I'm tempted. Any fear he doesn't play?

He's as nailed as can be. I just can't justify him when money is so tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

He's as nailed as can be. I just can't justify him when money is so tight

Wouldn't O'Shea be a better option at 4.5m?

Advertisement