Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sunderland don't score that many goals; I'd rather a Palace mid in that bracket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You're probably right but there's likely to be a wide spread of goals/assists and competition for places in the Palace midfield. You'd think that if Johnson plays every week and hits a bit of form he could be instrumental in quite a high percentage of Sunderland goals.
    I'm only saying that I wouldn't rule him out, he could well be worth the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm hoping his modest returns fpl wise last year keep him cheap. Great fixtures punt option at least.

If he's fit and hits form of couple of seasons ago, he'll be an ideal 4th mid. What was he last season starting, 5.0 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What ye think about Adam Johnson in a team. He has scored well in last 5 seasons.

For me, he's too streaky a player and Sunderland don't create enough chances to seriously consider him for now IMO.

If you look at Johnson's detailed stats, you'll notice that he tends to go on a 4 or 5 week burst where he'll get the vast majority of his points and then it's very much unpredictable with a goal here and an assist there scattered over a large number of weeks. It was over the Christmas period last season where he got 3 of his 4 goals and 1 of his 3 assists from 21st December-1st January. There's also the fact that Sunderland created the lowest amount of chances in the league last season by quite a distance and as of right now haven't addressed the problem sufficiently. Also, his trial date is set for August 24th so it remains to be seen whether he'll even start the first two games of the season or if he'll be left out/on the bench until it's all over.

Don't get me wrong, I like his price point and I think he could quite easily score in the 130 point range and lead in that price bracket, ideally it should be he and Lens as the wide forwards every week, but I'd wait until his trial is finished before seriously looking at him.

Certainly a player that belongs in this thread though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

They'll do better this year. Aj to get England call up.

They'll do better this year. Aj to get England call up.

If Sunderland don't sign at least a creative central player and a striker, I'd be absolutely astonished if they're not one of the lowest scorers in the league and in a massive relegation battle again this coming season.

Johnson could even be playing for HMP Durham by the beginning of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    Not in fantasy terms they don't!

In terms of assessing form and performance they do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

James Chester to WBA for £8m confirmed.

Unfortunately you'd have to think he'll come in at 5m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

James Chester to WBA for £8m confirmed.

Unfortunately you'd have to think he'll come in at 5m.

Unfortunately you'll have to work out who he is dislodging as at that price he'll be a starter. So who, besides Chester, is Pulis's No.1 starting centre back ?

tomaussie wrote: »
    Unfortunately you'll have to work out who he is dislodging as at that price he'll be a starter. So who, besides Chester, is Pulis's No.1 starting centre back ?

Lescott.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Paully D wrote: »
    Lescott.

Nope. Lescott has been playing left fullback under Pulis.

Dawson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

the left of 3 centre backs i thought. McCauley the middle one and Dawson the right

WBA occasionally played Lescott---McAuley----Olsson----Cawson but a majority of the time Brunt played LB and Olsson was bench. I'd guess Chester will start over McAuley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

I think Ashley Young could be great value at 6.0 if he nails down a starting spot. LVG seems to like him and he was fantastic at the end of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    there's no way they paying 8mill for brady to keep him on bench. interesting what price he comes in at

ye one of the few players that price tag is everything-
    At 5 I would get him, but can see him coming in at 6 in which case will have hit big form and fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

MarkSRFC21 wrote:
    I think Ashley Young could be great value at 6.0 if he nails down a starting spot. LVG seems to like him and he was fantastic at the end of last season.

... would you feel the same way if he ends up at spurs? (I know that's a big IF)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

... would you feel the same way if he ends up at spurs? (I know that's a big IF)

Hmm. I don't really know. I think deep down I just don't trust Spurs in ff for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

I really can't see that happening at this point. I could be wrong, but I think he's started most of Utd's pre-season games (that's not a lot to go by) but he definitely seems to be in LvG's plans. I think at 6.0, Young is a good shout for a cheapish midfielder with the potential for good returns.

In saying that, I had Young in my team last year. I think he started at 5.5 and with LvG's tactics at the start of last year, he played Young in a wing back position, I thought Young was going to be a great bargain. Didn't turn out that way though :/

He won't be in my team for GW1, but he's definitely one to keep an eye on at 6.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Lambert going straight in my basket if he moves to WBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Lambert going straight in my basket if he moves to WBA.
    What would people prefer of the 6m strikers:
    Lambert (if he moved to WBA)
    Adebayor (if he moved to Villa)

Sherwood striker > Pulis striker

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Adebayor (if he moved to Spurs)
    Lambert 100% - villa are doomed this season.
    If WBA can pay 8m for chester they can afford lambert...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Lambert 100% - villa are doomed this season.
    If WBA can pay 8m for chester they can afford lambert...

If these 2 transfers do end up happening I smell a wager!!!

Premier League ‏@premierleague 32s32 seconds ago
    NEW #FPL ADDITION: @NorwichCityFC midfielder Robbie Brady can now be selected for £5.5m following his move from Hull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

NEW #FPL ADDITION: @NorwichCityFC midfielder Robbie Brady can now be selected for £5.5m following his move from Hull

Will he be on set pieces at Norwich?

I'm going to throw in Ross Barkley @ 6.5. He's having a great pre season and 'should' finally prove his potential. Everton also have very few attacking options so talk is of an advanced role for him.

Jesper wrote: »

I'm going to throw in Ross Barkley @ 6.5. He's having a great pre season and 'should' finally prove his potential. Everton also have very few attacking options so talk is of an advanced role for him.

Probably won't be huge interest in Barkley due to his indifferent form last year and Everton's tough run after week 1 but I agree with you that he could be a huge player this year, definitely time for him to shít or get off the pot.

Thats a great price. This is the transfer that so far has most affected my thinking on the makeup of my team.

A great cheap 4th mid to free up Sanchez/Aguero/Hazard funds.

His crossing is superb, I'd expect him to have at least a significant share of direct and indirect set pieces. He may, may, have a chance of penalties.

And he plays for Norwich Mr P!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thats a great price. This is the transfer that so far has most affected my thinking on the makeup of my team.

His crossing is superb, I'd expect him to have at least a significant share of direct and indirect set pieces. He may, may, have a chance of penalties.

He's definitely in my thoughts aswell. In a number of my drafts there's been a 5.5/6 space in my team to rotate with a striker on home games and Brady would save 0.5 on Ritchie if the final draft does that way. With him coming in so late there may be a question of him starting immediately. Also I don't want reverse OOP players so there's a risk there too that he might end up as merely an attacking fullback.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was catering for my 4th mid or my 5th mid to be a Norwich man.

I'll watch their final friendly on Saturday with great interest :)

I might try and source a few quotes from Alex Neil about him. Whether he starts GW1 is a question worth asking though.

My love affair with Norwich will never end :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Jesper wrote: »

Been keeping a keen eye on him over pre-season myself. Has been taking penalties and by the looks of things Baines no longer wants them!

Since teh Mirallas debacle he hasn't taken one with both Barkley and Lukaku taken some ahead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Adebayor (if he moved to Villa)

Gestede going to Villa could put the skids on Ade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Payet has another assist for West Ham tonight, top ofy watchlist this lad.

He has been doing really well pre season judging by a few Hammer Twitter accounts i follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dahat wrote: »
    Payet has another assist for West Ham tonight, top ofy watchlist this lad.

He has been doing really well pre season judging by a few Hammer Twitter accounts i follow.

Yeah serious player. Pity about the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

8-10 wrote: »

Tempted to try 352 to fit him in given the GW 2/3 fixtures he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hat trick for Patrick Bamford tonight. He's on my watchlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

8-10 wrote:

dahat wrote:
    Tempted to try 352 to fit him in given the GW 2/3 fixtures he has.

Have Sakho and reluctant to double up on west ham although I do have Payet in the sky sports FF where is is better priced.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hat trick for Patrick Bamford tonight. He's on my watchlist.

First half hat-trick no less. Though against Conference opposition so not gonna read too much into it

Any love of Janmaat? 8 assists and 1 goal last year, fond of yellow and red cards though. 5.0 so is expensive but haven't seen him in any teams so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

According to Rodgers latest press conference Ibe will feature 'heavily' this season for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Any love of Janmaat? 8 assists and 1 goal last year, fond of yellow and red cards though. 5.0 so is expensive but haven't seen him in any teams so far.

Terrible fixtures and unknown how Shteve will set up

Devia wrote: »
    According to Rodgers latest press conference Ibe will feature 'heavily' this season for Liverpool.

not surprised to hear that. has the pace which other attackers lack, and very direct. looking sharp in pre-season. a sure candidate for those setting out with a cheap mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

manual_man wrote: »
    First half hat-trick no less. Though against Conference opposition so not gonna read too much into it

19 goals in all comps last season.
    My ideal will be him Costa and Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Panthro wrote: »
    19 goals in all comps last season.
    My ideal will be him Costa and Rooney.
    He'll be on my watchlist. 3 of his 1st 6 games are v last season's top 3. He won't play against Chelsea either in GW4. So I'd only pick him for NOR a, AVL h, and maybe TOT a. It gives me a few weeks to see how other players in that price bracket are doing. At the moment I'm on Wilson for his fixtures, but like everyone else he could be switched to a better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Devia wrote: »
    Would love to have him in my team, just concerned that I'd be worried at 2pm every Saturday, is he playing or is he not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lmrda

Thoughts on Charlie Adam? Will he start regularly? A good player with good fixtures if so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

Is Lambert at West Brom worth a gamble?

Little talk of PVA. If his position is safe then I think he's worth the money. On last year's form he was like an extra midfielder who gets 4 points for a clean sheet. I don't think I ever had him last year as I always had a Sunderland keeper but I'm tempted. Any fear he doesn't play?

Little talk of PVA. If his position is safe then I think he's worth the money. On last year's form he was like an extra midfielder who gets 4 points for a clean sheet. I don't think I ever had him last year as I always had a Sunderland keeper but I'm tempted. Any fear he doesn't play?

He's as nailed as can be. I just can't justify him when money is so tight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

He's as nailed as can be. I just can't justify him when money is so tight

Wouldn't O'Shea be a better option at 4.5m?

Advertisement