Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Thinking about changing from O2 in galway city, anyone recommend meteor compared to 02, friends in loughrea have told me meteor data not very good at times, does it piggyyback o2's system

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

YEPeeeee got my 3rd bill from Meteor and its finally right :-) was dreading all month having to barrage them with emails and texts to get it sorted again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Just got my 3rd bill and its wrong again. They are still charging me 30 euros. I'm fuming right now.

Does anyone know where the Live Chat option is gone on their website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

TheChevron wrote: »
    Just got my 3rd bill and its wrong again. They are still charging me 30 euros. I'm fuming right now.

Email : stuff@meteor.ie. They will reply to you nearly straight away. Just make sure to include your pin code in your email.

They sorted it for me staright away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

This is what I was talking about above.
    You're signed up for Billpay 30, but that doesn't exist anymore, and the non-discounted price is now €20.
    So depending on when you signed up, if your bill is wrong, you'll either be paying €20 or €30!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Soarer wrote: »
    This is what I was talking about above.
    You're signed up for Billpay 30, but that doesn't exist any more, and the non-discounted price is now €20.
    So depending on when you signed up, if your bill is wrong, you'll either be paying €20 or €30!
    The first 2 time I rang them they halved the bill straight away and told me they were sorted.

I'm not worried about not getting the deal. I'm just pissed off that I have to ring them every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

http://www.meteor.ie/contact_us/

Here you go. The chat will just pop up after 20-30 seconds or so. They don't have set times so the arbitrary nature is a bit ridiculous. I think it's from 12-4 or 5 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

If I send a text and check the balance it s minus 1 text.same with minutes but no matter what data Ive used its still at 1gb.I'm not complaining but I was wondering is it calculated at the end of the month or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Just got my first bill and like a lot of peoples here its not right. Was on the phone to customer services who informed me that the pro rata period is not discounted. I signed up on the 28th of Jan but my billing period does not start until the 9th of Feb and so got charged full price for the period.

Has this happened to anyone else or was he just fobbing me off. Sounded like he ran out of answers and couldnt even get my invoice up on his screen.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Yep
    Sly dogs.....
    pissed wrote: »
    Just got my first bill and like a lot of peoples here its not right. Was on the phone to customer services who informed me that the pro rata period is not discounted. I signed up on the 28th of Jan but my billing period does not start until the 9th of Feb and so got charged full price for the period.

Has this happened to anyone else or was he just fobbing me off. Sounded like he ran out of answers and couldnt even get my invoice up on his screen.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Nope.... no way should the discount NOT apply to the pro-rata period, that is BS.

Are you saying you got charged the % of €30 rather than % of €15?... that is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my first bill was for 50odd euro.

they said that was right as there were two weeks added on that i get back at the end of the contract, and vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Yea same as me.rang this morning.signed up since 25th of january.bill due 9th of feb and bill is 31 euro but he said I pay one month in advance in other words 15 for jan and 15 for feb.and I, paid a 50 e deposit (which I'm told I'll get back after 7 months).lots of, little catches.but hopefully it will even out.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Nope.... no way should the discount NOT apply to the pro-rata period, that is BS.

Are you saying you got charged the % of €30 rather than % of €15?... that is wrong.

Yep.

Seems I am not the only one though. Will see how 48 pans out and maybe jump ship. I couldnt find online where it says the pro-rata period is not discounted. Maybe an email to COMREG.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I signed up and got a pro-rata discount on my first bill.

Will see if I can scan it later to show you what it should be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

they tried this to me too, in their t&c's for that deal (not meteor's general t&c's, they keep quoting these and not the ones directly for the deal so be insistent) it states the offer applies "from the date of sign up".
    i went around in circles with customer care for what felt like a lifetime before saying i was refusing to pay anything at all until i got the right bill.
    they put me onto credit control to discuss not paying the bill at all, the guy there sorted it out and got me onto the right bill amount in about 12 seconds.

Has anyone tried moving from an exisiting meteor bill that is now out of contract into this offer?

i could just ring them up, but dont want the hassle of trying to contact them after reading a few pages of this thread unless it is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Leslie91 wrote: »

i signed up at christmas for a deal like this €25 for 200mins 200texts and 2gb and the same happened to me they charged me full price for the first month stating pro rata as well so i just paid it but it seems to have come off this month as my bill is only 5 euro this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I emailed them about this after they didn't discount the pro-rata period on stuff@meteor.ie. They discounted it no problem. An important €1.50 saving.320 x 240

Yeah I have emailed stuff@meteor.ie but was also on to sales on a seperate matter. So a very helpful sales assistant is also looking into it for me. She was under the impression that is should discounted. She is to get back to me tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got my bill today with an extra 19 euro overdue.

when i phoned i was told it was a billing error and credits were being put in as debits.
    Got everything sorted in 5 minutes. hopefully the next bill wont mean another phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

Its happened to me also. I received an invoice today for the period 25/1/12 - 4/3/12 and its showing an amount of €41.32. Hopefully an e-mail will sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Aggers

Has anyone tried moving from an exisiting meteor bill that is now out of contract into this offer?

i could just ring them up, but dont want the hassle of trying to contact them after reading a few pages of this thread unless it is possible.

From what i can see order a sim online and port your number in store when you get it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Thats what i did, got overcharged and rang them, said they credited my account so waiting for next bill to see if it is so.

What is the story with them, is everyone getting overcharged and they are just hoping people don't ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

I rang them up and it's normally 30 days notice to switch to prepay but from next billing date if you are switching to another plan, I am supposed to be switched from today but it's still showing the old plan online. Going to email them now

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidannulty

I just cant understand when people sign up for the offer why are there bills not correct from the start?? If I was a normal manager in customer service at meteor I would make sure that this problem was fixed from the start. They obviously know its a major problem but are not doing anything to fix it. Id say they are doing it on purpose to give themselves something to do and look busy to keep their jobs!!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

aidannulty wrote: »
    I just cant understand when people sign up for the offer why are there bills not correct from the start?? If I was a normal manager in customer service at meteor I would make sure that this problem was fixed from the start. They obviously know its a major problem but are not doing anything to fix it. Id say they are doing it on purpose to give themselves something to do and look busy to keep their jobs!!! :confused:
    It's a software issue. A normal manager can't just fix it I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

looder wrote: »
    It's a software issue. A normal manager can't just fix it I'd say.

Billing systems............ nitemare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Ah stop, I used to work in a different company to Meteor for a while and the amount of grief we got over stuff that was out of our control was unbelievable. And the thing is, you couldn't blame the customer either as I'd be the exact same in their shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I rang them last friday to switch to this plan as my contract is up in a couple of weeks and i was told to ring back after the 20th and they'll "see what they can do then".

An excuse for customer service. Could be worse, at least they're not 3:P

• Advertisement

Well the "very nice girl from sales" that promised to ring me back today did'nt bother. Anyway I emailed stuff@meteor.ie and no reply from them either. How long do they normally take to get back to you. I have seen a lot of positive comments about them on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

I emailed them yesterday as well, haven't heard back from them yet either :-/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Anybody know how long this deal will last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

Turner wrote: »
    Anybody know how long this deal will last?

About as long as a DFS sale? Well it's said 'Hurry limited time online offer' since before christmas so I doubt it's going anywhere soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Well the "very nice girl from sales" that promised to ring me back today did'nt bother.

Nothing new there. Had an issue for a couple of months last year and was promised a phone call back at least 8 different times and didn't receive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

I emailed them on the 15th and they never replied to me, the name of the plan online has changed to the new name alright but it's say 0 text and 0 mins and 1gb data. Arghh

They are hopeless for ring back, I was waiting & waiting when trying to switch.

Doodoo wrote: »
    Nothing new there. Had an issue for a couple of months last year and was promised a phone call back at least 8 different times and didn't receive one.

In fairness she did email me back today. I had to contact customer support to port my wife over as her sim finally arrived 10 days later. While I was on to customer support the guy applied my pro rata credit back to my account. She was able to see that and just emailed me back to confirm it was applied.

Credit where its due. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Im a meteor prepay customer and signed up online for this bill plan. Got an email saying everything was approved and set up and that when I get the new sim card in the post, I should call customer care.

So, got my new sim card this morning, called customer care and was met with "ehh, i think that sim was cancelled". I have been transferred/cut off so many times. I have emailed stuff@meteor.ie and have not received a response.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Anyone know how i can contact someone who will sort this? I must say, from my dealings with meteor over the last few weeks, they have the most incompetent customer care/support team I have ever come across. It is quite simply appalling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Been with Meteor for more than 10 years, but....
    I switched to the €15 deal in mid-January but so far:
    Month 1: Rate was €20 (€5 credited after a call)
    Month 2: Rate was €20 and all calls were deducted from 200 min limit (including Meteor to Meteor calls) giving an overall bill of €85 - corrected to €17 but may not make this billing cycle...
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Im looking to jump from tescomobile as the data speeds are crap.
    I was thinking this offer from meteor is a good one, but after reading everything here i think im going to look elsewhere.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bduffy wrote: »
    Been with Meteor for more than 10 years, but....
    I switched to the €15 deal in mid-January but so far:
    Month 1: Rate was €20 (€5 credited after a call)
    Month 2: Rate was €20 and all calls were deducted from 200 min limit (including Meteor to Meteor calls) giving an overall bill of €85 - corrected to €17 but may not make this billing cycle...
    :eek:

Not making a billing cycle is not good enough and if you are paying by direct debit then you have rights which you should assert. Customers accounts are not there to be raided willy nilly due to meteors inability to provide a proper billing system.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/section/YourRightsasaPayer

In particular disputed amounts should not be debited

Originators must put in place reliable systems and which will ensure:
    o the issuance of correct advance notification as appropriate of amounts to be debited
    o that Direct Debits as issued conform to Payer instructions and the Rules of the Scheme
    o that disputed amounts are not debited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Im a meteor prepay customer and signed up online for this bill plan. Got an email saying everything was approved and set up and that when I get the new sim card in the post, I should call customer care.

So, got my new sim card this morning, called customer care and was met with "ehh, i think that sim was cancelled". I have been transferred/cut off so many times. I have emailed stuff@meteor.ie and have not received a response.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Anyone know how i can contact someone who will sort this? I must say, from my dealings with meteor over the last few weeks, they have the most incompetent customer care/support team I have ever come across. It is quite simply appalling!

A further update on this...

After spending the day again on the phone yesterday, a customer care member confirmed that a batch of sims were sent out that should not have been and that she was going to consult her supervisor and get back to me the following day.

So she calls today and said that everything would be sorted from 4pm onwards and that I should call customer care and everything should be good to go. So i did. And was met with the same response. "That sim is cancelled". I went through the whole story again and he seemed to be clueless as to what i should do. He suggested I go out and buy a new sim. he then gave me a number for someone who might be able to help me in sales. They informed me that they could not help me and gave me another number.

Please people- stay away from this sham of a "company"

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

I have become so frustrated with Meteor as well.I signed up online but before i got my sim,i rang customer care to cancel and they said "No Problem".That was late Nov.I never ported over from my current provider.

I got a bill in Jan for 26 euro,which came out of my account.I then rang customer care again and they said the would fix it.I cancelled the direct debit.

I have since got 2 more bills and "owe" them 31.85 which includes a penalty for them not being able to take the 2nd bill from my account.
    I e-mailed stuff@meteor on Tues to see if they could help but have got nothing back.I hope they don't come looking for the money i "owe" because they will have a hard tome getting it.

Received my first bill since switching from 3, and for some reason it's credited with €30.04!

No idea why, but not gonna question it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

GEM_13 wrote: »
    I have become so frustrated with Meteor as well.I signed up online but before i got my sim,i rang customer care to cancel and they said "No Problem".That was late Nov.I never ported over from my current provider.

I got a bill in Jan for 26 euro,which came out of my account.I then rang customer care again and they said the would fix it.I cancelled the direct debit.

I have since got 2 more bills and "owe" them 31.85 which includes a penalty for them not being able to take the 2nd bill from my account.
    I e-mailed stuff@meteor on Tues to see if they could help but have got nothing back.I hope they don't come looking for the money i "owe" because they will have a hard tome getting it.

Did they attempt to access your account via dd after you has cancelled it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

My contract ended at midnight on the 10th of this month, so I rang them on the 10th, asked them to switch me to the €15.75 plan. Customer care were not so helpful, so I asked to be switched to Sales and within two minutes the guy had sorted everything out for me.
    The end of last week my bill came in and everything on it was perfect. I have no idea what the people you are dealing with are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I've been on this plan for about 14 months but am charged €20 per month. Is it easy enough to change to the €15 plan and how would I go about that?

[edit] post above mine seems to have answered my question.

My account is proper messed up.

Like I mentioned above, my first bill came in the other day saying I had €30 credit!
    Just now, while watching a youtube video, I got a text saying I'm approaching my 500mb Internet Add On allowance, and I'll be charged 69c per day. So I text Balance Data to 50104 to see where I stand, and it replied to me that I have 1GB remaining, available until my next billing date of 14-03-12! Which basically means I haven't touched my allowance, even though it's told me I've nearly reached 500mb!

Gonna leave it until my next bill though and see what's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

Soarer wrote: »
    My account is proper messed up.

Like I mentioned above, my first bill came in the other day saying I had €30 credit!
    Just now, while watching a youtube video, I got a text saying I'm approaching my 500mb Internet Add On allowance, and I'll be charged 69c per day. So I text Balance Data to 50104 to see where I stand, and it replied to me that I have 1GB remaining, available until my next billing date of 14-03-12! Which basically means I haven't touched my allowance, even though it's told me I've nearly reached 500mb!

Gonna leave it until my next bill though and see what's what.

You get 500mb free bonus data when you first sign up, so you have to use all that before it starts using your monthly gigabyte of data.There is nothing wrong with your account.

yellowbear wrote: »
    You get 500mb free bonus data when you first sign up, so you have to use all that before it starts using your monthly gigabyte of data.There is nothing wrong with your account.

That's good to know, thanks.

Now as long as they leave my account in credit, they'll never hear from me!;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement