Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar pub?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Think it will end up the same as the rest a dump

Lol, Place hasnt even opened! Fair play Big Show ;) Great addition to proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Mad to think that Dublin 15 is go big and which such a huge population and we don't have a decent pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Yeah Bradys or Myos are probably the only pubs in Dublin 15 that have a decent crowd, and hardly local to the Ongar / Clonsilla area.

With decent pubs like the Grasshopper only a stones throw from Ongar, and the Strawberry Hall offering free pick up and drop off to Ongar/Clonsilla/Clonee, lets hope Kellys take note, or the locals will continue to spend their money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The Twelfth Lock is a lovely pub I have to say, very far to go though but for a bite to eat and a few drinks I don't think it can be beaten.

Where is Strawberry Hall?

Agree about the 12th Lock, but just find it gets packed and it's not great if you go with a group. Strawberry Hall is in Chapelizod- see below

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Strawberry-Hall-Pub/208074660218

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Thanks Ronan trust me there is a few twists in this story before the pub even opens .If people think THE PADDOCKS is bad they aint seen nothing yet.:P

Why don't we all give it a few weeks after opening and/or a few personal visits before we allow ourselves to pass judgement? How can anyone forecast what clientele will frequent a pub before it actually opens?? Is there a sign on the door that says only those wearing tracksuits and hoodies or those with a criminal record can drink here??

Anyone would think the cynics here run competing pubs and are now frightened of the competition!

Ongarboy whats wrong with trackies and hoodies, So if you saw me and my capadres at the bar you would leave ? Heres a pic of us outside the paddocks. We be doing no arm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 glowgo

i think ongarboy is completely right!! maybe you should all give the place a chance before you shoot it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

glowgo wrote: »
    i think ongarboy is completely right!! maybe you should all give the place a chance before you shoot it down!

Now you've really gone and done it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hookie07

Any news on the Licence?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Agree about the 12th Lock, but just find it gets packed and it's not great if you go with a group. Strawberry Hall is in Chapelizod- see below

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Strawberry-Hall-Pub/208074660218

More accurate description of location is the Strawberry Beds.

You'll be looking forever if you drove to Chapelizod to find it. (I know that's it's postal address though...)

Thanks Amdublin, sorry posted reply in a hurry, wasn't thinking, I thought Strawberry Beds was implied in the name but of course it's not. Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ronan45 wrote: »
    Ongarboy whats wrong with trackies and hoodies, So if you saw me and my capadres at the bar you would leave ? Heres a pic of us outside the paddocks. We be doing no arm

not at all...I'd even buy you a drink.. Dutch Gold is it?? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hookie07

Any update on the opening?

saturday i heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slaphead_

Be great if it was open for the Heineken Cup final.

Free Beer On opening night i heard!!!
    Just a rumour but it would be a good Idea > wink wink nod nod :o

its definitely open this weekend!cant wait.headin there on sat for the night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

glowgo wrote: »
    its definitely open this weekend!cant wait.headin there on sat for the night!!

how do you know for sure glowgo, been hearing "next wend" since last March!:p

because i know they guys that are opening it.i was told it was sat!!il be heading over to check it out!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Im delighted its finally open, about time too :p

Cracking, I hope

The Staff are friendly
    The Lighting is Mood lightning ie Lighting that looks like you have a tan lol ;)
    So Glow is it a two storey whats the inside like, Old style, modern? Art deco. Pool tables? jukebox? bar on both levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tried to look in about 20 mins ago and seen plenty of hoovering and cleaning going on.

Couldn't get a look at the decor only the wooden floors and the side of some seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slaphead_

I heard it was open last night. Going to check it out for the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

pub's open for business folks

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

It's finally open! The place is packed, with the Heineken Cup final on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Pics or it didn't happen! :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

In the place now, its definately open otherwise someone just robbed €10 and gave me Bulmers and Koppaburg in return, place is packed with no spare tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kenneds4

just been there...place packed and seems nice. Bit smaller than i thought it would be.
    Whats the story with the members place downstairs?? Saw a group of lads going down there.
    Apparently prices will be dropped next week

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

kenneds4 wrote: »
    just been there...place packed and seems nice. Bit smaller than i thought it would be.
    Whats the story with the members place downstairs?? Saw a group of lads going down there.
    Apparently prices will be dropped next week

Prices will be dropped :confused:

Why were they up :confused:

Advertisement