Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've been getting some more study in lately, but today and yesterday hasn't been great for it. I'm getting a tiny bit done, but I always feel let down with myself for not doing as best I can. I think this evening is just gonna be one for chilling out and playing some games, I'm really ****ed sideways :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Our dog came home this evening finally but only for a few days. Shes needs more surgery, this time on her leg. She has managed to chip her knee and her ligaments are torn. Just wear and tear we are told. I'll go visit her tomorrow with treats, Im dying to see her :O.

Oh god that's horrible Reiketsu! :( It's heartbreaking when something happens to a dog, they're family, plain and simple.

Yeah, she only had surgery on Saturday to remove her womb and she wasn't so good coming out of the anesthetic. So to have her needing more surgery makes me apprehensive. She may have kidney damage from the infection she had (pyometra) but we dont know yet. Shes 10 and a half so getting on a bit. But she is bright enough and her mood is good, so fingers crossed really :).

I really hope she pulls through Rei

Anything else up with yourself?

• Advertisement

Thanks!

Nah, not really. Off to see Protest The Hero in Belfast on Saturday, so there's that to look forward to :D. What about yourself?

Not a huge amount, not been feeling so great today, but just generally being excited for Christmas, got most presents sorted, just need to get something for my mum now. Only 2 Japanese classes left for this term, and then I'll have to see about whether I'm free for the next ones in January or not.

Bit quiet in the chat thread these days, what's everyone at? Looking forward to Christmas?

I can't wait :D.

I'm currently waiting on a delivery of oil that hasn't bloody shown up. I'm cold and I'm hungry. Today is food shopping day so not a thing in the cupboard and I can't leave the house. Thinking of ordering in but can't really justify the cost atm!

I always keep some Aldi instant noodles for emergencies :pac:

Today was my big shopping day too, gonna make a huge pot of curry again, but my housemate really did a number on the big pot. Stuff seriously burned into the bottom of it, it's been through the dishwasher, soaked and scrumbed and now soaked again, so I'm hoping I can actually get the crap moved from the pot before it's time to cook. :(

• Advertisement

I usually have something like that but not a thing this time. I've been up since half 7 and all I've had is Space Raiders :pac:.

Ah that sucks :(. I hope you can get it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Giant pot of chilli makes about 6 servings, put it into tubs and freeze it. Defrost incase of emergency :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Been fairly busy lately, looking forward to time off at christmas already!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Me too! Or I might be cooking something else entirely...

**** it, order yourself some takeaway, sometimes you just can't beat some crispy duck :D

Merry Christmas Sciencenerd! :D

HpTwU3j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Links234 wrote: »
    I always keep some Aldi instant noodles for emergencies :pac:

Today was my big shopping day too, gonna make a huge pot of curry again, but my housemate really did a number on the big pot. Stuff seriously burned into the bottom of it, it's been through the dishwasher, soaked and scrumbed and now soaked again, so I'm hoping I can actually get the crap moved from the pot before it's time to cook. :(

What material is on the inside of the pot?

I've had my fair share of careless housemates. Had pots with something like castiron on the inside and the burnt food was never going to go anywhere. Anything that was stainless steel was always recoverable though.

What material is on the inside of the pot?

I've had my fair share of careless housemates. Had pots with something like castiron on the inside and the burnt food was never going to go anywhere. Anything that was stainless steel was always recoverable though.

No clue, some sort of black material but it doesn't look like non-stick and ain't peeling off like it would if it was non-stick. I may have to replace it.

I think I've managed to mostly get the crap off the pot... think it'll definitely need replacing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I value my cookware too much to let my housemates abuse them. I have my own large frying pan, small frying pan, three baking trays, cake tin, muffin tin, casserole pot and slow cooker. I bought them for myself and they are cared for and always impeccable.

I share the pots with them because they could survive a nuke, but thats pretty much where it ends. They can continue to abuse the already abused stuff that's in the kitchen and complain that their food sticks to everything, but that's not my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Pots are precious things! I am glad it is now only myself who can be blamed for ruining them.

• Advertisement

Well, pot seems to be holding out for now, food cooking away nicely ;)

Got some presents for my girlfriend wrapped up too, yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So both Sabaton and Behemoth are in the middle of exams I am woefully unprepared for... Might have to bail on them both :(

Ah nooo! :eek:

So to hear that Somnus. Really looking forward to them myself. Is it a history exam? If so, then going to Sabaton would be quite a plus! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Haha, unfortunately not. Science. I definitely won't be able to go to Sabaton, working a late shift in work too which I couldn't get changed. Really holding out for Behemoth though. Would love to see them live!

Hmm, now that makes me think, are there any bands who's lyrics are all about science? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Primordial were excellent last night . Mighty show. Dead Congregation were also a mighty listen. Broke and ill now though. Roll on Morbid Angel

I'm leaving for Belfast in half an hour and I'm still in my pajamas :pac:. Protest The Hero tonight :D

Awesome stuff Ronan, and enjoy Protest the Hero Rei!

1 week 'till Sabaton & Korpiklaani! :D

Cheers! It was a great gig :D. My feet and back are aching from standing though. Also thought about how I must start wearing earplugs to gigs. Getting too old for this craic :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just took a look at the ticket for Sabaton there, crikey 6 is pretty early for the doors to be opening. Meant to be in work till 8 so hopefully I won't miss any of Korpiklaani's set.

Advertisement