Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big scary training log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

How's the groin this morning?

libelula wrote: »
    How's the groin this morning?

Perfect.

How's Yer tits?

Perfect.

How's Yer tits?

Not great tbh. Strangled. I'm in work with a sports bra on. One of those days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

God no, I love crossfit. Just none this week and then I'll just have to do less of it for the moment! Twice a week, three times max for now.

Well post your updates to both places? I'm not going to the AR forum to read it...running is weird and scary to me.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well post your updates to both places? I'm not going to the AR forum to read it...running is weird and scary to me.

:pac:

Me too me dear, me too :D

I might have a running log, with details of my runs, and then just chuck "20km" in here.

I'm not ready for a running log yet in anyways cos I'm barely lifting my feet off the ground!

• Advertisement

Sunday;
    37 mins v. easy run

Today;

Mother. Of. God.

THREE
    3 rounds of the following;

30 x 25kg Squat Clean
    30 x Pull ups [with band]
    800 metre run

In 41:21

I go die now, ni night.

Box jumps & double unders.

Not ready for double unders in a metcon just yet so five times the number of skips.

5km run.

Feel like I've been hit by a flippin bus so couldn't drag myself out of bed to go to the gym at 6 :(
    Not like me not to be able to get up. I had one small glass of wine yesterday evening but that's hardly it. Really hope I'm not getting sick, I've to run later :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Feel like I've been hit by a flippin bus so couldn't drag myself out of bed to go to the gym at 6 :(
    Not like me not to be able to get up. I had one small glass of wine yesterday evening but that's hardly it. Really hope I'm not getting sick, I've to run later :/

One small glass of wine???

I'd say that's definitely it tbh - should have been at least a bottle :D

One small glass of wine???

I'd say that's definitely it tbh - should have been at least a bottle :D

I had such a bloody day yesterday so I stopped on the way home and got a bottle with the full intention of drinking all of it.

In reality, as soon as I felt the first sup on my lips my stresses melted away. It's a few weeks since so it was extra nice. I might the bottle tonight :P

Feeling a lot better, though I think I might be getting an inner ear infection which is just marvellous. I'll be good to run though.

• Advertisement

I didn't run. My blood pressure is low and my heart rate extremely low so rather than risk fainting (which I've been prone to in the past) I'm sitting and having a good dinner. I'll run in the morning.

I don't know if anyone has any interest whatsoever, but I was looking for photos for a thing for my Dad's birthday next week and I was reminded of how my body has changed. Thought it might be worth posting. Even as a reminder to myself of what I can achieve.

This week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Big bualadh bos!

Some work you've done!

And fair play for not going for a run. I'd be more inclined to make the stupid decision :)

Still a way to go but a whole lot closer than I was. It's a slow process :pac:

I would normally be fairly stubborn but I actually just don't feel right and my HR is down at 44 (and I'm not fit enough for that to be normal) made me think I'd be just stupid.

I don't know if anyone has any interest whatsoever, but I was looking for photos for a thing for my Dad's birthday next week and I was reminded of how my body has changed. Thought it might be worth posting. Even as a reminder to myself of what I can achieve.

This is my favourite post. Ever. You look fcuking amazing.

libelula wrote: »
    This is my favourite post. Ever. You look fcuking amazing.

Thank you. When I look at photos in succession like that it's easy to see the differences.

One of these days I'll stop giving myself such a hard time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

You really have worked very hard Whoopsy. That's a remarkable difference from the first pic to the recent one.

You look great and you have every right to feel great. Fantastic job, ya ride :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Thank you. When I look at photos in succession like that it's easy to see the differences.

One of these days I'll stop giving myself such a hard time :)

You look absolutely stunning!!!

Well done on everything you've achieved:)

Ah thanks lads :o:)

40 minutes easy run + 4 x 60 minutes strides.

In the absolute torrential rain. I didn't enjoy the rain today!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow, some journey!! Very well done!

• Advertisement

Found two 1kg dumbbells earlier. The type they make in pink for girls. I rolled my eyes at my stupidity for having bought them years ago, then I did 100 curls for the craic before I got bored :pac:

Off out now for an easy 10km.

Testing week this week.

I knew I was weak, but jesus I couldn't even pick up 85kg off the floor. Couldn't lift it.

And a 29kg strict press.

Oh dear.

7km run home from the gym. Was hard.

Feck sake!

You'll have days like that. 9 days outta 10 you'd nail it. This was just day 10.

Hashtag next time

What Alf said. Plus the crappy days make the great days even better :D

70kg Backsquat - didn't try for higher as my form wouldn't have held up. PB by 5kg.

42.5kg Push Press. Done with ease. Had to leave it at that as yoga was starting. Raging. Still PBS by 5.5kg.

Supposed to do 20minute easy run + 4strides. Managed 15minutes very slow but not easy at all. Had to stop, legs just wouldn't do it.

70kg Backsquat - didn't try for higher as my form wouldn't have held up. PB by 5kg.

42.5kg Push Press. Done with ease. Had to leave it at that as yoga was starting. Raging. Still PBS by 5.5kg.

Supposed to do 20minute easy run + 4strides. Managed 15minutes very slow but not easy at all. Had to stop, legs just wouldn't do it.

Just the 2 PBs then?

Disappointing.

Nice PB at the yoga :D:D

Very nice squatting \o/ Gotta start me some push pressing on of these days...

Haha yes just the two :p

Hoped to get a 5km PB this morning at Darkness into Light and was headed for it but a stitch that I could not push through caused me to actually have to stop a couple of times so loads of time lost. I was there for a good cause though and that's all that matters really.

Note to self; your tea to water consumption ratio needs significant improvement.

Rest day yesterday, recovery week.

30 mins "easy" run today. Couldn't manage to keep my HR down.

Bleugh.

• Advertisement

Wednesday:

15 minute AMRAP

10 walking lunges - 10kg
    7 push ups
    10 sit ups
    1 burpee

10 rounds + 7reps

Advertisement