Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big scary training log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Guess who's back....Whoops is back...

:D

Super easy tonight

Hang snatch.

2 x 15kg
    2 x 20kg
    2 x 22.5kg
    5 x 2 x 25kg

Had a little niggle in my shoulder so left it at 25.

Metcon:
    1,000 skips for time
    5 burpees every minute

Time 8:51 so 40 burpees >.<

1 hour of yoga

Yoga was the hardest!

10 minutes to get max thruster. That niggle in my shoulder meant I struggled locking out my left arm. So 40kg Max only.

3 x 3 x 20kg
    1 x 25kg
    1 x 30kg
    1 x 35kg
    1 x 37.5kg
    1 x 40kg
    Failed on 42.5

Metcon
    5 x 30kg Power Hang Clean
    90 skips

5 rounds in 7:01

Too easy. Should have gone heavier on the cleans.

5km run commencing in 5...4...3...2...

60 minute metcon which I couldn't complete because my poxy back started to spasm :mad: :(

15 sit-ups on the minute every minute for 10 minutes
    10 x 35kg deadlifts on the minute every minute for 10 minutes
    10 x 35kg backsquats on the minute every minute for 10 minutes
    On my 9th set my back went. Stretched out for 2 minutes. Went into next workout 1 minute late.
    6 x burpee box jumps every minute on the minute for 10 minutes
    20 x 20kg kettlebell swings every minute on the minute for 10 minutes
    Got to 4th round and back gave in. So that was me done. Never got to last workout. Raging.

So total of:
    150 sit-ups
    100 x 35kg deadlifts
    54 x burpee box jumps
    87 x 35kg back squats
    70 x 20kg kb swings

In 47 minutes.

Alright I suppose. Just pissed I didn't finish. On the brightside I now have a stretch named after me in the gym.

90 minutes of hillwalking/climbing with the mutt means that run I planned for later may not happen. My poor quads!

• Advertisement

Oh god. My poor abandoned training log.

I've done NOTHING bar walk the dog and yoga until this morning :o (unless you count a whole lot of dancing!!)

I was on a hen in Galway and there was an awful lot of alcohol involved so a small amount of cardio this morning would have been just lovely. But no. No. There were sprints and burpees. Sprints and fcuking burpees :( I actually puked on the last round :o

Also I have never done Bulgarian Split Squats before. They're good craic aren't they? >.>

Bulgarian Split Squats

8 x BW
    8 x 10kg
    8 x 12kg
    8 x 16kg
    8 x 16kg

Could definitely go a hell of a lot heavier there but was more about form than weight.

Metcon

10 burpees
    200 metre sprint (heh, the last few were more like light jogs)

10 rounds.

So 100 burpees and 2km took me 19 minutes and something :pac:

OOOOOOPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Bulgarian Split Squats

So 100 burpees and 2km took me 19 minutes and something :pac:

OOOOOOPS.

BSS are satanic. Hate hate hate them - even prefer burpees!

I think 100 burpees and 2k in 19 mins is good going - would take me longer for deffo I'd say.

Oh no. Noooooooo. How can anyone prefer burpees to anything?!

My timing was actually alright by the end of the day, I was last in the 6am class but throughout the day it became a fairly ok time and I had a heaviest female spilt squat of the day (along with a couple of others) so not so bad I guess :)

I wanted to run last night but bit of a disaster in work meant I ended up there til all hours and left starving. Really disappointed. I'll run today but I expect my ass and hamstrings to be pretty ouchies later and they're already fairly tender!

Onwards and upwards.

Is it competitive? Would people be constantly trying to pass each other out?
    I think I'd like that :p

libelula wrote: »
    Is it competitive? Would people be constantly trying to pass each other out?
    I think I'd like that :p

I would be more competitive in crossfit than I would in running, but I think that's because I know I'm much more capable at crossfit than I am at running.

It's hard to explain, it's not competitive in the traditional sense, and it's not meant to be and I know I'm not as fit as most people there. It's like I'm not trying to beat the people on my level. I'm trying to catch the people who are fitter, faster, and stronger than me.

Does that make any sense?

• Advertisement

Yes. And you will catch them, it's only a matter of when :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I had a heaviest female split squat of the day...

I wanted to run last night but bit of a disaster in work meant I ended up there til all hours and left starving. Really disappointed. I'll run today but I expect my ass and hamstrings to be pretty ouchies later and they're already fairly tender!

Like night follows day :)

It's sick that I like it, isn't it :P

5 easy sunshiney kilometres. My legs were tight and I was slow but my god I missed running on an evening like this :)

I just realised I have holidays in SEVEN weeks. Flippin Nora.

That's not very long at all at all. Two weddings during those holidays. Time to get serious.

It sounds to me like you're already pretty serious ;)

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy :D

Push Press

1 x 6 x 20kg
    1 x 6 x 25kg
    1 x 6 x 30kg
    7 x 6 x 32kg

Metcon

Box Jumps & Skips (should be double unders but I'm yet to do ONE of though :mad:)

So what should have been a 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 workout ended up as;

10 box jumps 50 skips
    9 box jumps 45 skips
    8 box jumps 40 skips
    7 box jumps 35 skips
    6 box jumps 30 skips
    5 box jumps 25 skips
    4 box jumps 20 skips
    3 box jumps 15 skips
    2 box jumps 10 skips
    1 box jump 5 skips.

In 6:41

Screw you double unders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

I hate box jumps. Skipping is deadly though. You are doing real well Whoopsy!

I like box jumps. I like skipping.

I don't like not being able to do double unders.

I bought a speed rope, I'm going to rip the shins off myself until I learn to do double bloody unders.

I had no idea what double unders were all along and have just now googled it. Big lightbulb moment :D

• Advertisement

libelula wrote: »
    I had no idea what double unders were all along and have just now googled it. Big lightbulb moment :D

They're bastards is what they are is what they are. Impossible little bastards.

I'm doing lactate testing today. I'm so scared >.<

On the upside:

woooohooooooo Imma be a runner again \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I like box jumps. I like skipping.

I don't like not being able to do double unders.

I bought a speed rope, I'm going to rip the shins off myself until I learn to do double bloody unders.
    Glad I saw this and looked it up! Took me ages to master the cross-over but now I can do the cross over while skipping on one foot. Definitely going to try this!:) It looks pretty difficult though!

Glad I saw this and looked it up! Took me ages to master the cross-over but now I can do the cross over while skipping on one foot. Definitely going to try this!:) It looks pretty difficult though!

They're one of those things that are a mental challenge more than a physical one. Once the penny drops its ok. Penny just will not drop for me!

Lactate testing done. Only covered around 3.5km I'll get my results and my new training plan by Sunday.

Yaaaaaaay. On the downside. Less crossfit :(

I DID A DOUBLE UNDER

\o/ -o- \o/

This morning was a four hour crossfit workshop. Focusing on form and movement. He said it wouldn't be a workout as such but there was a lot of working out and there was sweat!

Absolutely brilliant morning though. Learned loads.

Quiet week this week. A rest from crossfit to ease me back into a running plan. Only 3 easy runs this week.

Tuesday was 30 mins easy. No hassle there.

Tonight was 30 mins easy, but easy tonight was a much slower pace that Tuesday and my HR was all over the shop. 4 x 12 second hill sprints at the end and pulled my groin on the last one. Really hoping it'll be right by morning :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

It's always **** getting back into it. I feel like I'm constantly starting from scratch.

I'd tell you to take it easy but you are a stubborn bastard. Just don't hurt yourself more. But yaaay, yer back running! :)

Any halfs coming up for ya?

No races whatsoever for the moment. Just building my strength back up. I might do a parkrun to see where I'm at in a few weeks but I think I'd be pretty devastated with my times if I did one now. They were pretty abysmal before I got injured :pac:

Working off heart rate at the minute, rather than pace, it'll take getting used to but I've got one of the best coaches in the country (well, least I think he is ;)) so I'm just going to do exactly what he tells me to do and trust him to get me back to full fitness and race ready.

I'm considering moving my log over to the AR forum as it's going to be more running focused from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So you've quit crossfit?

• Advertisement

God no, I love crossfit. Just none this week and then I'll just have to do less of it for the moment! Twice a week, three times max for now.

Advertisement