Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Traffic in Galway is bonkers!!

Nothing new there then! I so totally don't miss that traffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i had my college ball last night
    it was really good....got too drunk though....the 3 course meal didnt sober me up at all!!

im dying right now.... i REGRET NOTHING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I think I'll take a trip to either either Dublin or Cork during the week. Because I can :D

sure cork is great like! :D
    Give us 10 reasons why? :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »

I don't need to give 10 reasons,It just is : ) :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I can stay in Galway either if it'll save the war between Dubs and Corkonians.. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Did an interview type thingy in college, happy enough with it, and my new shiny pretty laptop arrived! Wasn't supposed to get it til Monday or Tuesday, now I have a weekend of telly catching up! Oh, and work and projects...pff.

I don't need to give 10 reasons,It just is : ) :-p
    Pfft you can't think of any :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm tired. Just back from bf's. Bit worried about something and I can't really talk to anyone about it unfortunately and it would kinda help.

Would also like it if I could get some support from my family with this college thing but they think there's only one reason for me doing it so looks like I'm on my own.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm tired. Just back from bf's. Bit worried about something and I can't really talk to anyone about it unfortunately and it would kinda help.

Would also like it if I could get some support from my family with this college thing but they think there's only one reason for me doing it so looks like I'm on my own.
    You can talk to us, Jane x

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Haven't posted here in a while...after catching up I remembered why...you people and your descripions of food make me so hungry! All I have for dinner tonight is leftovers :(

I have my driver theory test tomorrow evening...a little nervous...any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,089 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

The theory test is pretty easy,it's the actual test that's the hard part!

There's mock tests you can do online,just go through those a couple of times and you'll be grand.Most of the theory test is common sense

Good luck!:)

I think I'll win that crazy big American lottery tonight, surely just good thoughts alone will make me win it?

Thanks Kiera. I can't really put the details up here just in case. It's not actually about me but it still has me worried. I'm stuck in the middle a little bit as of yesterday. I apologise for being so cryptic.

Thanks Kiera. I can't really put the details up here just in case. It's not actually about me but it still has me worried. I'm stuck in the middle a little bit as of yesterday. I apologise for being so cryptic.
    No worries, I understand. Hope it sorts itself out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You could post anonymously in the PI forum Jane if you're looking for some advice. Hope everything is okay

If it was my problem I would definitely talk here about it. Unfortunately it's not so my hands are sorta tied. Thanks Kiera and pixiebean, I really do appreciate it.

8 months ago a lady on my mam's road passed away from cancer. 2 months ago her 8yr old granddaughter passed away from cancer. Today her 33yr old son passed away from cancer. Fcuk you from a height cancer!! How much loss can one family take? We really have feck all problems compared to someothers :(

8 months ago a lady on my mam's road passed away from cancer. 2 months ago her 8yr old granddaughter passed away from cancer. Today her 33yr old son passed away from cancer. Fcuk you from a height cancer!! How much loss can one family take? We really have feck all problems compared to someothers :(

We've two orders this week for people who've had/have cancer, one has had it multiple times and is fighting it again, it's ridiculous how cruel it is. Mom always says about her own mother, who died 2 weeks after she got sick, 1 week after she was diagnosed, that at least she died fast and didn't suffer much, that it's much much easier than watching someone suffer from cancer for years.

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »

We've two orders this week for people who've had/have cancer, one has had it multiple times and is fighting it again, it's ridiculous how cruel it is. Mom always says about her own mother, who died 2 weeks after she got sick, 1 week after she was diagnosed, that at least she died fast and didn't suffer much, that it's much much easier than watching someone suffer from cancer for years.
    Yeah my big sister had it for 7 yrs before she passed away in Oct 2010. I get so frustrated and angry when I hear of more people getting it.

Yeah my big sister had it for 7 yrs before she passed away in Oct 2010. I get so frustrated and angry when I hear of more people getting it.

Oh I didn't even know about your sister, didn't mean to be insensitive about people who are sick long term. My Nan died so quick, they didn't get to say goodbye or anything because she never came around after the exploratory/diagnostic surgery and died a week later. It's so shockingly unfair, kills me that at home Mom has "Grandma's Photo Album" that my Nan bought to fill with photos of me when I was born, and then she died just a matter of days before it, and 27 years later it's still empty, wrapped up in it's box :(

Sorry, don't mean to bring everyone down on a Friday evening...

Wow that's awful Kiera. Sorry about your sister too. xx

Oh I didn't even know about your sister, didn't mean to be insensitive about people who are sick long term. My Nan died so quick, they didn't get to say goodbye or anything because she never came around after the exploratory/diagnostic surgery and died a week later. It's so shockingly unfair, kills me that at home Mom has "Grandma's Photo Album" that my Nan bought to fill with photos of me when I was born, and then she died just a matter of days before it, and 27 years later it's still empty, wrapped up in it's box :(

Sorry, don't mean to bring everyone down on a Friday evening...
    Ah you weren't to know hon x

Anyway I need another yes or no answer please people :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yes I will marry you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yes :)

• Advertisement

Yes :)

Woohoo beer it is so. I love my little Internet friends :)

"The internet made me drink it!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My bf is such a sweetie :) He knows how miserable I am with my back, so he brought this home for me :)

198304.jpg

"The internet made me drink it!" :pac:
    Hell yeah! I'm never to blame for my boldness :p

• Advertisement

I'd love a drink... Maybe I'll get myself some in the shop later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Pizza night :D

And I might even read a bit. A real book! Not a textbook or journal article! Actual book with a story and everything! :D:D

(I'm easily pleased, I am)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

That's true Acoshla. My boyfriend's mum, between breast cancer and arthritis and osteoporosis, suffered for nearly 20 years of agony (and never a whinge out of her). It's so horrible to watch someone suffer like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

That's true Acoshla. My boyfriend's mum, between breast cancer and arthritis and osteoporosis, suffered for nearly 20 years of agony (and never a whinge out of her). It's so horrible to watch someone suffer like that.

Cancer is truly one of the most cruel illnesses ever. My uncle had bowel cancer, received chemotherapy then got the all-clear. He was barely in remission for 10 months when it returned, terminally. He was in denial about being terminal for ages, when the time came
    to fit his colostomy bag
    he fought against it so much, he hated losing all his independence. He thought he'd have until Christmas 2010 with his kids, but he passed away in the October.

If I ever won crazy money in the Euromillions or something, I'd give loads of it to the palliative care ward in his hospital, they were brilliant. Then I'd give loads more to cancer research.

On a brighter note, we're having a Chinese later :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

A friend of mine's husband was diagnosed with cancer last year and she very nearly lost him (she was told one night he only had hours left to live). This month he finished his last round of chemo and has been given an all clear. He's considered a miracle case, very few people who had what he had and to the extreme he had it make it though.
    They're both in their early 20s and their lives were nearly destroyed due to cancer but now they've come out the other side and have gone from strenght to strenght. I'm so proud of her, she was by his bedside every step of the way and slept in the armchair in his hospital room every night.

I hate cancer and it's taken a lot of people I love from me including both my granfathers who I miss every day, but I'm so thankful for stories like hers, I just wish there was more.

My Grandad had lung cancer when I was small, Im glad I was so young coz it would have scared the crap outta me otherwise. He's so awesome, I love him so much :)

Out for pre-birthday drinkies :)

The boy is gone home for the weekend but his sister is up here for the rugby and I have to give her keys to his place. Dunno how I feel about meeting her without him!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

She's hardly going to eat you Sarahbeep!! You'll be grand!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    My Grandad had lung cancer when I was small, Im glad I was so young coz it would have scared the crap outta me otherwise. He's so awesome, I love him so much :)

Out for pre-birthday drinkies :)

The boy is gone home for the weekend but his sister is up here for the rugby and I have to give her keys to his place. Dunno how I feel about meeting her without him!! :)
    Have you met her before?

Have you met her before?

Nope!

First impressions an dall that. But she's callng into me at work...it's a Saturday....we dress up on Saturdays.... :o

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Have you met her before?

Nope!

First impressions an dall that. But she's callng into me at work...it's a Saturday....we dress up on Saturdays.... :o
    You've never met her before and your bf has fecked off? I'd kill him!

• Advertisement

You've never met her before and your bf has fecked off? I'd kill him!

He had to so he'd be back Sunday for my Bday! Sister and Husband are up for the rugby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

You just can't beat a home made pizza, they are so so so good.

They don't have that sweet/sugary/doughy taste that take-away/shop bought pizza's do.

Having tea now, might have some Aldi fruit strudel and vanilla ice cream in a while. :)

I'm going to make cookies, then drink wine, eat popcorn and watch the new Glee.. I heard it was sad.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I'm going to make cookies, then drink wine, eat popcorn and watch the new Glee.. I heard it was sad.. :o

Very sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I need to pee but I'm far too comfortable to move.

The pressure's of my life are extreme ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I just cleared out a box of clothes and a black bag full of accessories and shoes- going to sell them at a car boot sale and buy myself some much needed new clothes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My neighbor was given 3 weeks to live found cancer in his lung, liver and bones, it's been 3 weeks and his coming home, needs more chemo but his getting better each day, don't know how long it will last though.

My grandad died of tummy cancer 3 years before I wAs born, he was supposed to be really, really nice. I visit his grave in the uk when I go over.

Read this earlier made me sad, 10 year old withdrawn from school in Meath because his being bullied. Poor kid, the Irish examiner did a spot on it on Wednesday.

http://threelittledogs.blogspot.com/2012/03/parents-go-public-on-bullying-of-child.html?m=1

On other news my husband has to have a colonoscopy on Monday I have to drive him back from the Galway clinic and I hate driving him, he picks fault with my driving all the time so I'm really nervious when his in the car....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

On other news my husband has to have a colonoscopy on Monday I have to drive him back from the Galway clinic and I hate driving him, he picks fault with my driving all the time so I'm really nervious when his in the car....
    Tell him to zip it and if he's unhappy with your driving then he can get the bus/train.

Apologies if I seem cranky, it's not intended :o

Tell him to zip it and if he's unhappy with your driving then he can get the bus/train.

Apologies if I seem cranky, it's not intended :o

or tell him he can get out and walk

when i was learning to drive my grandfather was giving out "sure you had enough room there for a bus why didnt you bla bla" until i snapped "ffs i haven't been driving for 50 years like you, give it a rest"

in fairness to him he was great when some batty wan started getting aggressive at a petrol station for no reason and he just looks at her and goes "cop yourself on, woman!!"
    :D

• Advertisement

I need to pee but I'm far too comfortable to move.

The pressure's of my life are extreme ! :D

You'll regret it when you get a UTI! :D

Huh, pardon my ignorance, but do people need minding after a colonoscopy, driving them home and stuff? My other half has to have one soon, I do believe he's planning on going straight back to work after it, is that not gonna happen? :o:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement