Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Kilmac beat Tallow in the Junior Football County final, and Butlerstown beat Geraldines in the Hurling, both were quite comprehensive.

Fourmilewater beat Ballygunner comprehensively in the Junior attached, and Clashmore beat Gaultier but I'm not sure what the margin was in that one.

So they were given the option to go up if they wanted to, but didn't have to.

So theres actually no protocol in place for deciding whether they go up or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

So theres actually no protocol in place for deciding whether they go up or not?

I'm not a 100% sure to be honest. The two Junior proper teams lost the West finals whereas the attached teams won the County, so I'm thinking they got first preference but I'm not sure.

I'm not a 100% sure to be honest. The two Junior proper teams lost the West finals whereas the attached teams won the County, so I'm thinking they got first preference but I'm not sure.

I wouldnt say the 2 Junior proper teams who lost the county finals ever had the option of going up. You have to win the county finals to go up. Would be very interesting, what would happen if both the junior proper teams in both codes in the west lost the county finals, ie no West team was entitled to go up intermediate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

They wont the Junior (Senior Attached) County last year, so it is indeed their second string team. Their Senior team made the County Semis having topped their group.

No it was Gaultier who won the County.

Brianne wrote: »
    No it was Gaultier who won the County.

Well that really throws a spanner in the works if true

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

Gaultier won the county last year... and AFAIK have gone up intermediate similar to FMW in the hurling... leaving Saviors and Rathgormac to battle it out in eastern snr attached junior champ 2013.. unless revamped

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭zol 2

Following a certain name being allegedly connected to this forum user last week,i feel it only fair to that person and to members of his family that i refrain from any further posting of my views on this forum. I did believe that privacy was of the utmost importance on this forum but as a man's name was wrongly connected to this user i feel any further posts may cause further harm and upset to this person's family.

wadefuq wrote: »
    Gaultier won the county last year... and AFAIK have gone up intermediate similar to FMW in the hurling... leaving Saviors and Rathgormac to battle it out in eastern snr attached junior champ 2013.. unless revamped

Apologies. Wow, that really is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

wadefuq wrote: »

As far as I know, there are two groups of six in the east intermediate football 2013.

I think that all of the senior attached teams went up to intermediate. I know that Gaultier and Rathgormac have done so, so I presume that this three, along with Kilmacthomas who won the junior proper in 2012, all go up to intermediate along with 8 teams from last year if that makes sense?

There is also an intermediate league which started last year which should offer extra games, which is a progressive move in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

zol 2 wrote: »
    Following a certain name being allegedly connected to this forum user last week,i feel it only fair to that person and to members of his family that i refrain from any further posting of my views on this forum. I did believe that privacy was of the utmost importance on this forum but as a man's name was wrongly connected to this user i feel any further posts may cause further harm and upset to this person's family.

Fair enough Zol, your views are interesting and you provide fairly accurate information near the panel. You can always set up a different domain user name if you want.

• Advertisement

hardybuck wrote: »
    As far as I know, there are two groups of six in the east intermediate football 2013.

I think that all of the senior attached teams went up to intermediate. I know that Gaultier and Rathgormac have done so, so I presume that this three, along with Kilmacthomas who won the junior proper in 2012, all go up to intermediate along with 8 teams from last year if that makes sense?

There is also an intermediate league which started last year which should offer extra games, which is a progressive move in my opinion.

The intermediate league that was started last year was good. For years intermediate teams were abandonded and spat at by the western and eastern divisions thus confined to playing a maximium of 5 competitive games per year. They should aim to get the eastern league wrapped up before the eastern championship final as in the west the league was finished in advance of the closing stages of the western championship for last year and this gave An Ring a competitive advantage in the championship after winning the western league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

alllcounty wrote: »
    The intermediate league that was started last year was good. For years intermediate teams were abandonded and spat at by the western and eastern divisions thus confined to playing a maximium of 5 competitive games per year. They should aim to get the eastern league wrapped up before the eastern championship final as in the west the league was finished in advance of the closing stages of the western championship for last year and this gave An Ring a competitive advantage in the championship after winning the western league.

Absolutely - and I think junior players are in the same boat. The lack of games is offering them very little incentive to make themselves available.

They should be starting games in February. Clubs should be able to use this as an opportunity to get fit and ready for Championship.

By starting early, they'll have a lot of games played before Championship kicks in. The remaining league games can be played over the summer when the inevitable gaps appear in fixture lists when the county teams are in full flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kerrrBLAHHH

Fair enough Zol, your views are interesting and you provide fairly accurate information near the panel. You can always set up a different domain user name if you want.

whats this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 scoring forward

Zol you named a man who has nothing to do with me and who is not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭soggy biscuit

Anyone know what time the draw for the senior hurling and football championships are tonight?

SB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

My issue is with the points you are trying to make. Abbeyside have had an Intermediate team since at least 2009, Lismore had one up until last year. Your writing off a team to try and enhance your argument when all it really does is take away from it because it's clear enough you don't really know what your talking about. If we look back it what you've said the last few days:

-Apparently you need to be Kilkenny to survive in the West Waterford intermediate championship

-You made a definitive judgement on a team you haven't even seen play, which you have continued to blindly defend using arguments that I'm biased despite somebody always claiming they were handy enough.

-You also seem convinced that I said they were a great team or something. I never even said they'd survive in the Intermediate championship, but I strongly doubt that they're way out of their depth.

I realize that this is a bit of a ridiculous focal point for the argument, and intermediate second string team.

But I'm basically just calling your bluff here, because while you initially made an argument I'd agree with you tried to back it up with evidence that doesn't weigh up hoping that people would be none the wiser. And it's not the first time...I'm still waiting for that list of 250 players!

im actually confused at this stage dont really know what the argument is even about anymore.

look i'll admit i was kind of saying it about FMW with tongue in cheek knowing it would spark a reaction from you but I absolutely stand by my argument that they will be out of their depth at intermediate level next year from what ive seen and know of them and definetly some of the teams in the junior proper are better than them. I dont have a problem if you dont agree but its obvious that you dont respect others peoples opinions and thats what bugs me. you will got to any lengths to discredit other peoples points if view if you dont agree and try to make them look stupid.

this message board is meant to be for all discussions on every aspect of waterfod gaa but in your eyes it obviously excludes points of view on particular area of the county... anyone who does is metwith an ambush!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

SF group 2. 1. The Nire 2. Ballinacourty 3. Rathgormack 4. An Rinn 5. Brickey's 6. Ballinameela

SF Group 1. 1. Stradbally 2. Clashmore 3. Kilrossanty 4. Ardmore 5. Gaultier 6. St. Saviours

SH Group 2. 1. Dungarvan 2. Mt Sion 3. Abbeyside 4. Ballygunner 5. Roanmore 6. Passage

SH Group 1. 1. De la Salle 2. Fourmilewater 3. Tallow. 4. Lismore 5. Ballyduff upper 6. An Rinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

Some interesting matches to look forward to in the Local Hurling and Football C/Ships !!

• Advertisement

skaface wrote: »
    Some interesting matches to look forward to in the Local Hurling and Football C/Ships !!
    looking forward to them already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dzilla

Powerful exit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 kerrrBLAHHH

Zol you named a man who has nothing to do with me and who is not me.

So Zol attached a name to you previously as well then? if thats the case I havent much sympathy for him, what goes around comes around.

on a side note what are the posters views on the following hyppthetical situation, a person with an inside line into our countys hurling team, posting details on forums like boards, be it positive or negative, for all and sundry to read?
    I dont know like if you are that close to the panel then I dont think you are doing any favours to anyone by doing that, I dont think any dressing room or panel stories should leak at all.
    A friend of mine was on the panel in the late 90's-00's and he would tell you nothing about what was going on, not a scrap of information, of course back then when things were just start to look up we wanted any bit of information we could get :) but he was right, its no-ones buisness only panel members.

Another then i found slightly disconcerting was the Examiner match report on the match against Ul, it referenced that the waterford team and backroom staff were having a robust discussion on the field after the game. You would think that they would have more cop on then to do that out in public, never mind in front of a member of the national media, all that stuff should be done behind closed doors inside the dressing room and everyone outside can guess and speculate and add to rumours and talk crap about whats going on. surely someone would have the cop on to say this may be the time but not the place.... get warmed down, get back to the dressing room and have our robust discussion there.

It just gives me the impression of lack of control

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Nowlan Park Kilkenny hosting The Boss later this year which will bring in huge revenue......Waterford end up with Jedward last year losing money. Board not doing job properly IMO. If they were, clubs wouldnt be getting screwed with huge levy on Deise draw tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Might I suggest zol3? Pretty original and nobody will be any the wiser.

Big day for Fitzgibbon colleges hurling tomorrow. WIT are away to IT Carlow. If they dont win it is very unlikely they'll get out of their group. Last two years they have failed to get out of their group but with Colm Bonner back in charge it should be a help. There will be a good few waterford players in action with the WIT team so it will be interesting to see how they get on. Some of them only this year got the call up to the county panel so playing Fitzgibbon hurling should indicate if they are good enough to make the county team later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I see WIT beat IT Carlow in the Fitzgibbon 1-11 to 1-06, who from the Waterford panel was involved and how did they get on does anyone know? Also, how did any other panel member get on with their colleges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Cake Man wrote: »
    I see WIT beat IT Carlow in the Fitzgibbon 1-11 to 1-06, who from the Waterford panel was involved and how did they get on does anyone know? Also, how did any other panel member get on with their colleges?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/oneill-ends-carlow-fightback-3371924.html

WATERFORD IT emerged deserving five-point winners of this keenly contested clash in Carlow, with a well-struck 48th minute goal from Waterford right corner-forward Martin O'Neill proving vital.
    Both defences were on top throughout an opening half which produced only nine points, four from play, with Waterford IT establishing a 0-6 to 0-3 interval lead backed by the wind.
    IT Carlow levelled in the 41st minute as a free from centre-back Mark Ellis was touched to the net by corner-forward Paul Buggy to leave the score at 1-5 to 0-8. Waterford IT finished the stronger, though, with O'Neill's superb strike past former Kilkenny All-Ireland goalie PJ Ryan being supplemented by fine points from play by Gavin O'Brien, Jake Dillon and O'Neill himself.
    Scorers – WIT: M O'Neill 1-2, E Murphy 0-4 (3f), L Harney, S Roche, M Sheedy, J Dillon, G O'Brien 0-1 each. Carlow IT: S Maher 0-5(4f), P Buggy 1-0, M Ellis 0-1.
    WIT – Stephen O'Keefe; Stephen O'Keefe, L Lawlor, N Connors; C Haugh, W Hutchinson, J Dowling; L Harney, S Roche; H Kehoe, M Sheedy, E Murphy; M O'Neill, J Dillon, G O'Brien. Subs: P Mahoney for Murphy (25); M Power for Roche (55); M Gaffney for O'Neill (60).
    IT Carlow – P J Ryan; D Buckley, D Kenny, B Harding; C Fogarty, M Ellis, S Gardiner; O Walsh, P Hally; T Carroll, J Carroll, S Maher; M Sexton, C Kenny, P Buggy. Subs: I Byrne for Sexton (21); C English for Buggy (50); P Walsh for J Carroll (54).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Anyone know if theres a challenge game this weekend or anything?
    Edit just as I say it I see one of our own tweeted
    "Senior Hurling Challenge Waterford V Offaly in Ballinakill Co Laois, (Heywood College about 3 miles from Abbeyleix) on Sunday at 2pm"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

According to Clare Fm's twitter page, The footballers will have to now travel to Miltown Malbay on Sunday next to play their national football league game. Not the first time that Clare have brought a Waterford team to the Atlantic Ocean Coast to play a game. Maybe its time when they are next to visit Waterford that we bring them to some place like Tramore, Ardmore, Passage etc as far away from the main field as is possible, or to get them to someplace that is a little off the beaten path like Bohadoon, Ballysaggart or Knockanore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 abbeysideFB4L

Best of luck to Dungarvan Colleges tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Black Suir wrote: »
    According to Clare Fm's twitter page, The footballers will have to now travel to Miltown Malbay on Sunday next to play their national football league game. Not the first time that Clare have brought a Waterford team to the Atlantic Ocean Coast to play a game. Maybe its time when they are next to visit Waterford that we bring them to some place like Tramore, Ardmore, Passage etc as far away from the main field as is possible, or to get them to someplace that is a little off the beaten path like Bohadoon, Ballysaggart or Knockanore.

Maybe micko dwyer needs to get back to kerry quickly after the match and the ferry in killimer that goes to tarbert will be easier to get to from miltown malbay. The bookies have clare as hot favorites to win but i think that clare are a very poor side and waterford could take them even with an extra 40minutes of bus time???

Best of luck to Dungarvan Colleges tomorrow!

I'd say they'll have it tough against Thurles but hopefully they can do the business. Best of luck to all involved.

Any score update in that Harty semi?

Cake Man wrote: »
    Any score update in that Harty semi?

Thurles 0-8 Dungarvan Colleges 1-4 25 mins https://twitter.com/WaterfordGAA

Cheers Mountain. Seems like they started slowly but have got back into it 1-7 to 0-9 at HT to Dungarvan. Keep it going lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

5 points up and well on top about 10 minutes into second half from last update I got, keep it going!

Brilliant, 1-12 to 0-12 to Dungarvan. Into another Harty final, the two in a row is still on for them. Well done lads, great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

Brilliant result, well done to all involved against a very fancied Thurles outfit. With Dungarvan CBS in the B semi final next week, could be a great few weeks in store for our town!

Fantastic result for them to be able to reach the final 2 years in a row!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Fantastic result for them to be able to reach the final 2 years in a row!

Copy cat :p

• Advertisement

Copy cat :p

Hey now, praise is praise! :pac:

Hey now, praise is praise! :pac:

It is?

Anyone know who they're playing in the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

ard scoil limerick are the other side versus who i dunno

It is?

Anyone know who they're playing in the final?

Shuppppp you!

Theyre playing the winners of Ard Scoil and Our Ladys Templemore

Shuppppp you!

Theyre playing the winners of Ard Scoil and Our Ladys Templemore

Thanks boi. A well of information so you are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

ard scoil limerick are the other side versus who i dunno

Dungarvan Colleges v Ard Scoil Ris or Our Ladies Templemore.

Well done on a great victory Dungarvan brilliant result.

Thanks boi. A well of information so you are :D

I know yea. Always the first to hear everything.. :)

I know yea. Always the first to hear everything.. :)

Well if that's the case, it'd be nice of you shared it with the rest of us more often :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Could it be taken that the final this year will be in Cashel again as it will be a Limerick or North Tipp Side Dungarvan will be playing. Cashel would be almost a half way venue. Maybe even Bansha if it is Ard Scoil Rís.

Good win by all counts today.

• Advertisement

Well if that's the case, it'd be nice of you shared it with the rest of us more often :pac:

Well Offaly are winning the challenge game at half time 1-13 to 2-9

On the plus side we've scored 2 goals!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement