Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

hard to know how often Clowney/Lewan will spar in the games this year but this is a pretty good article

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/5/26/5751342/the-title-fight-jadeveon-clowney-vs-taylor-lewan-part-i

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Locker looks like he's packed on a lot of muscle, his arms and chest look enormous.
    Given he had a foot injury id say he was going pretty hard in the gym over the last while.

He says that he's normally sore for a day or 2 after practice but overall he's feeling pretty good.

Ayers had 2 surgeries on his knee, for minor reasons it seems.

PK is saying it looks like Tommie Campbell is going to see his fair share of action is TC and pre-season because of more man coverage schemes.

It seems Mooney is being pegged as a bit more of a hybrid back and not just a FB and will likely see a few carries, he'll compete with battle for the blocking duties.

I think its possible one of battle/mooney gets cut as we have

Mooney
    Battle
    McCluster
    Greene
    Sankey

and perhaps Leon Washington in a pinch if he wins the return battle over Mariani.

We have 3 good return men on the roster, I think Mariani sadly is the odd one out unless he can show some benefit @ WR, i think he can aslong his injuries have slowed him down too much

Colin McCarthy has been impressive so far it seems, he has a lot of talent and iirc is our biggest LB so he is well able to lay down the boom when needed but he has to be healthy, he's out of contract this year so needs a solid season to get a contract anywhere

I think we'll likely pick up a WR from cuts aswell

wow 6 weeks since i posted about the Titans, must be a record :pac:

Not much happening..
    Sankey is signed, Lewan is not.

It will be done before TC i have no doubt.

Locker seems to be progressing well, reports on the WRs seem to be ok aswell.

Sankey seems to be impressing but Greene apparently is still carrying his injury.

Battle has been tried at FB but would prefer Mooney, he's a savage blocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Mettenberger got sucker punched in a bar, it made my day when I read it!

You do realise he's now our player!?

Yep by some bama fans who then ran like pussies!

• Advertisement

You do realise he's now our player!?

Yep by some bama fans who then ran like pussies!

I do and I hate that he is more than I can put into words.

I think he'll start 2 games this season.. Betting you won't watch those!

I think he'll start 2 games this season.. Betting you won't watch those!

I'll watch them! And I hope he throws for 0/2 and that Sankey runs for 300 yards and 4 td's!

Lewan signs, levitre got his appendix out so is missing 2 weeks of pre season

Lewan signs, levitre got his appendix out so is missing 2 weeks of pre season

I like Levitre so I'm glad it's only 2 weeks. Hear any numbers in regard to Lewan?

• Advertisement

4 years 11.5 I think, not sure what the delay was about but at least he's signed pre camp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

What's the word on Locker so far this off-season?

By all accounts his foot is in very good condition, assessed at the start of camp and did some stationary throws and drills but has been doing more mobile stuff on his own.

Realises this is a big year and is playing for a contract and perhaps a nfl future, knows he has to stay healthy and will try to balance that with qb runs that make sense, knows he needs to protect himself.

On another titans site one of the lads posted lockers Grudens camp, locker smashes a line back using his throwing shoulder, on the next play he gets knocked out because he slid head first.

Also said this is the most talented offence he's played with, whiz and the team captains had the pre camp presser today, all said they fully expect to make play offs and not a team in transition

Needs to be smarter this year, the defence should keep us in games so jake needs to be sensible and on the field for the titans to win

Really just want the season started tbh!

On the first day of orectice Mariani was the best wr, however one of his Tds was against tommie Campbell but a good showing from him so far.

Locker was picked off twice both by pollard and should have been picked off again.

Warmack left the field but it's nothing serious.

Mccluster has bundles of energy and looked very explosive

We've signed Quentin groves, may be just camp fodder but given he was with the browns last year he'll know hortons defence

Never mind that, it was the texans

Dohnny you'll love this, Mett is taking reps at QB, Pollard is screaming "roll tide" from the sideline :D

Dohnny you'll love this, Mett is taking reps at QB, Pollard is screaming "roll tide" from the sideline :D

Hahaha, I might adopt 'Bama just to spite Mett :P

Quick recap.

Mike Martin has been dominating at DT
    Hunter caught every ball and made some tough catches, same with wright

Mariani, sankey, Washington all took reps at pr/kr then Washington blew chunks on the field.

Nate had a go at one of the practice squad due to holding.

Pollard has been taunting the offence but so far the offence seems to be doing pretty well.

Locker has looked very comfortable

a report from the Titans/Falcons practice scrimmage

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/8223/titans-camp-report-day-10

Very positive signs, Hunter is looking beastly

• Advertisement

On Sirius they had a 2.5 hour segment on the Titans.
    some of the main points

view that Titans are a good shout for a wildcard and could go further if D and Locker are healthy

Lot of depth on the 0-line

Lewan is likely to play TE in some jumbo packages, so we'd have 3 tackles, 2 TEs and a Greene in short yardage situations, Lewan says his hands are pretty good

Lewan also said he likes being nasty, a view to him being a great blocker with Big Country attributes, realises he needs to keep anger in check and not give away stupid penalties.

Dex expects to catch a lot in the backfield and do some trick plays.
    I expect him to do a lot of WR motion rushes

Nate says the team is really pumped and senior players like Pollard, Walker, Philips, Woodyard have really instilled a winning mentality, training is better and more intense because these guys are used to training that way and its rubbing off on other players

Also the starters will play about 15 snaps versus GB on Saturday
    Hopefully we dont get any injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Just saw a few highlights of the game last night. Sankey looked good as a receiver but didn't see any of hs run plays. Will he be behind Greene for long?

Greene played well the big question is can he stay healthy, but I expect sankey to get the majority of snaps from about week 6 onwards

Colin McCarthy is pretty much done for the season, will be on injured reserve or likely be cut and get a settlement

Mccarthy is done, had surgery last week.
    I expect we'll pick up a ILB somewhere from cuts.

Greene hurt is knee but will be fine he says.

Hunter is a bonafide beast, he is going to be our best offensive wepaon i think this year.

Mariani has been returning punts/kicks but will likely see some more time @ WR in games 3 and 4, seems likely he'll get times with the starters in game 3.

Taylor Thompson is really doing well, he's speedy and a good blocker, the only criticism seems to be that he waits for the ball to come to him rather than sticking his hands out to catch.

Wright is playing well along with Nate.

Lockers passes were for the most part of target on Friday however he still has a tendency to aim high, which caused a few jump catches, that works with Hunter and the TEs not so much with Dex or Wright.

Mett did ok, 20/25, 200+ yards, 2 TDs 2 ints, 1 of which was an awful throw, the other was the WRs fault.

Sankey did well, he's not a speed machine but he's pretty solid, i think he average about 5.5 YPC on friday behind the second string O-line.

Sadly it looks like Mooney is going to lose out to Battle for the FB position, I'm not keen on this. While Battle has looked good, Mooney was fatastic last year and iirc graded out at one of the best FBs at blocking.

Coffman who is a UDFA TE seems to have really good hands, some analysts are saying that we'll either keep 4 TEs on the roster or Stevens could be released

At kicker, it looks like Coons is edging the battle, it seems that his leg is a fraction below Bonani but he's more accurate. Frankly i'm not a fan of either and would prefer we pick up a better kicker whos cut or re sign Bironas.

Defense is now a massive concern.

We were shoved all over the field in both first drives so far, there seems to be a view that will happen then Horton will adjust as we have been better on 2nd and 3rd drives, but basically thats saying we're happy to give up points.. not acceptable.

We are not getting penetration in the middle and not coollpasing the pocket so when the dge rushers are actually making it round the tackles the QB is stepping up and making the throw.
    Da'Quan Jones looks good and i would hope he could see more game time.
    Casey is not having it easy up against the tackles with their extra one step at the time.

Our OLB pass rush is basically no existent at this point and our ILB are not stopping the run.

Sensabaugh got horribly burned twice on a deep route which is a concern, i expect BWW to get the nod there.

Griffin/pollard are doing fine, a big surprise here is Damion Stafford he's been doing well.

I hope to see Huff get some some good time at CB aswell, Wooten has also had a few snaps at Safety.

I would expect one of these to get the nod as they can play CB/Safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

This cracked me up! Goes to some length! For Heli especially

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/08/football-mysteries-the-tennessee-titans.html

The titans boards have been pissed at this, how are we more forgettable than
    The Jags, we sell out our stadium each week, they cover half of theirs cos no one bothers going

BIlls? Who? Exactly

3 years ago the Seahawks were nobodies

Broncos, manning made them relevant

remember the titans!!

So we get the W against the Falcons

Some notes on the game.

SLH played well and forced the pocket to collapse a few times, got himself a sack and was the reason Casey got his along with making Matthews look stupid

Our pass rush was a bit improved, but Ryan was really getting rid of the ball.

The secondary got torched my Hester and Jones and our bad tackling. Oddly enough Tommie Campbell got a lot of first team reps and apart from a PI call he kept a lid of Julio

I think its likely we pick up a CB after cuts, neither BWW or Sensabaugh have really excelled.

Mike Martin is still injured, some rumours we'd go after tommy kelly

WRs are beastly, nate made a great move and grab for the TD.

Sankey had a much improved game.

Locker played well and so did Mett, Mett is likely to see all of the reps in game 4.

Casey has been extended, no details on value yet

• Advertisement

4 years, 36 million, 20 guaranteed,

9 million a year, happy with that

Advertisement