Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Mile 2015, June 13th

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So the world classic happened, winning time was 5.07 and Josh Harris ran a penalty lap...

http://beermilesf.com/

https://twitter.com/espn/status/635521909317218304

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

adrian522 wrote: »
    So the world classic happened, winning time was 5.07 and Josh Harris ran a penalty lap...

http://beermilesf.com/

https://twitter.com/espn/status/635521909317218304

Interesting that Nielsen was DQ'ed for leaving too much beer in his cans yet they were willing to accept his 'WR' last year despite no evidence of him actually finishing his drinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I think our traditional June slot may need to change next year. Just seen that they've put National Seniors on for the last weekend in June. Seems like they've structured it around the Europeans in July, rather than the Olympics in August.

Either way, we can't be acting the b0llox with this 2 weeks before Nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I think our traditional June slot may need to change next year. Just seen that they've put National Seniors on for the last weekend in June. Seems like they've structured it around the Europeans in July, rather than the Olympics in August.

Either way, we can't be acting the b0llox with this 2 weeks before Nationals.

Noted, provisional date of 2nd of July with a 4th of July (USA USA USA USA) theme.

I've promised myself I'm never running/drinking one of these again but I'll gladly officiate in the following get-up

mr-america.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

I think I'm washing my hair that evening...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    I think I'm washing my hair that evening...

I think you're not, I think we're gonna show the lads just how this is done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Firedance wrote: »

FD if I remember correctly you missed the carnage that was this event in June...? I reckon we jog a lap then crack open the prosecco and watch it unfold.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    FD if I remember correctly you missed the carnage that was this event in June...? I reckon we jog a lap then crack open the prosecco and watch it unfold.

that's what I mean by showing them how its done :D prosecco, glasses and zero froth...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Noted, provisional date of 2nd of July with a 4th of July (USA USA USA USA) theme.

I've promised myself I'm never running/drinking one of these again but I'll gladly officiate in the following get-up

mr-america.jpg

That's perfect. Just after nationals, and just before the Euros in Amsterdam. Let's lock it in.

Also why have a USA theme when the 2nd is closer to Canada Day. Dr Q may not be pleased but I say have a Canada themed event. OH CANADA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Ten months out and we're already hearing trash talk from the ladies.
    Deja vú anyone?

When the event rolls around again though, we'll more than likely get the same amount of them competing (never mind showing the lads how it's done) as in the last two years.........NONE!

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Deja vú anyone?

When the event rolls around again though, we'll more than likely get the same amount of them competing (never mind showing the lads how it's done) as in the last two years.........NONE!

yep, you're probably right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

That's perfect. Just after nationals, and just before the Euros in Amsterdam. Let's lock it in.

Also why have a USA theme when the 2nd is closer to Canada Day. Dr Q may not be pleased but I say have a Canada themed event. OH CANADA.

Is Dr. Q not Canadian anyway :p

I'm brave when he's not around to respond :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

yep, you're probably right :pac:

I am definitely in for next year! You're not going to let me do it on my own are you?

Toulouse wrote: »
    I am definitely in for next year! You're not going to let me do it on my own are you?

of course not, am planning some prosecco training on Saturday night after my pb after the dubs win after 8pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

Also why have a USA theme when the 2nd is closer to Canada Day.

Excellent point. Moosehead is also the beer of choice for the majority of participants, so it fits into the theme nicely!

Excellent point. Moosehead is also the beer of choice for the majority of participants, so it fits into the theme nicely!

You can dress up as 'The Mountie' instead.

Jacques_Rougeau.12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Deja vú anyone?

There'll be one! ;)

There'll be one! ;)

My money is on you HS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

kit3 wrote: »
    My money is on you HS !

Lol Kit.. Gotta get me gulp burb ratio down and i reckon i'll be on to a winner :D

Lol Kit.. Gotta get me gulp burb ratio down and i reckon i'll be on to a winner :D

Getting too technical for me now :) you have a bit of time to work on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

Getting too technical for me now :) you have a bit of time to work on it

The honour of being Ireland's first ladies Beer Mile Champion & National record holder for 12 months awaits. Plenty of practice over Christmas...

If there's no entries from Boards, the lads will audition potential entrants in Coppers ...

😜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Ron Gomall wrote: »
    The honour of being Ireland's first ladies Beer Mile Champion & National record holder for 12 months awaits. Plenty of practice over Christmas...

If there's no entries from Boards, the lads will audition potential entrants in Coppers ...

😜

Did meno not win the ladies prize last year?

Oh, sorry, that was at London & he defended his title at last years DCM... the big blouse.

My bad.

Ron Gomall wrote: »

😜

Think there was a ladies champion the year before last ??

Think there was a ladies champion the year before last ??

Yeah we had 2 women competing in the first Beermile but none in the subsequent 2 runnings....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Gomall

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah we had 2 women competing in the first Beermile but none in the subsequent 2 runnings....

Time for a new ladies National champion & an attempt at breaking the ladies record time !

Just checked - ladies rules have changed to same as mens and are 4 beers/ 4 laps (used to be 3 beers)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

Two sub 4:50's at the Flotrack Beer Mile Championships. Lewis Kent first and Corey Gallagher second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

mr-america.jpg
    Great gives me a few months not to train for my annual race.

Advertisement