Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saccone Joly's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'd never even heard of them until my friend mentioned them a few weeks ago, and I live in Cork!

I find them irritating, but sure leave them at it. What's the story with all the dogs though?!

Apparently they are so loaded because the woman inherited loads of money when her father passed away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How much would they make on YT revenue? A ballpark figure per month for eg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I think its pretty shameful to make money off the exploitation of your children.

I wonder how well would it hold up if it were just the two of them?

It's bad enough that we live in an age where people are pretty careless regarding their children's right to privacy.
    How scary that a person could have thousands of people 'following' them before they've even taken their first steps.

Going as far as to hold a camera in your child's face on a daily basis in order to sell your image is utterly reprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

How much would they make on YT revenue? A ballpark figure per month for eg?

Based on their current figures, they make about £9,000 a month from that channel & another £4,000 from her channel. They also do sponsored placement for £5,000 a time. Their viewership has been growing steadily & is about 10m a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

They had said that the oldest child's photos have been used on Facebook to setup fake Facebook pages of the child.

I have never found out what the wife's father did to have so much money. His wife must not of got a penny of him looking at the house.

Shaytrads is also a family vlog channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

They are exploiting their children really. Literally filming their every move, even their birth! And they are pretty shameless in their quest to make a few quid... Product placement all over the place. It's sad really because the kids will reall suffer for it down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

The American accents.... hurt me. Why are Irish people so culturally ashamed to be Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

for me the most troubling thing about them is the sheer number of seemingly normal grown women who are fans of theirs who think that they know them & that they're friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Stonedeaf 123

Another concern for me is how he posted a really disgusting card on Twitter threatening his two children ,deleted it and went on The Morning Show with Keelyn Shandly and denied he ever got death threats when it was obvious she couldn't stand him .He is a CREEP and she's no better .It should be against the law to use you kids like they do :( I hope Joe Duffy takes an interest in the dark side of YouTube .

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

In mine opinion there is just typical begrudgery going on when it comes to this family. They vlogged before they had kids and they have just continued on after they had them too. There are hundreds of similar youtubers doing exactly the same thing but for some reason this family get a fierce amount of abuse for it.( one poster on this thread has even set up an account to write their first and only post giving out about them!)

I see them as a family who have become successful and have seen huge growth in the past few months. We should be proud of this irish family who have made something of themselves.

Just waiting for the posts in response to this post who angrily disagree.....just giving my opinion though.

Zero begrudgery here. If that kind of think floats your boat by all means watch away. If they want to make their millions by exploiting their children, well that's their choice. Everyone entitled to an opinion without it being called begrudgery.

In mine opinion there is just typical begrudgery going on when it comes to this family. They vlogged before they had kids and they have just continued on after they had them too. There are hundreds of similar youtubers doing exactly the same thing but for some reason this family get a fierce amount of abuse for it.( one poster on this thread has even set up an account to write their first and only post giving out about them!)

I see them as a family who have become successful and have seen huge growth in the past few months. We should be proud of this irish family who have made something of themselves.

Just waiting for the posts in response to this post who angrily disagree.....just giving my opinion though.

But you seem to know so much about them and read threads about them both on here and on you tube and you put effort into giving out about them. It is an example of how people seem to go out of their way to complain about them or try and point out their flaws. I don't understand it.

Again, that's your prerogative to think that way. I'm entitled to my opinions, as are you. I'm sure my dislike of them "or effort into giving out about them" is not going to give them many a sleepless night!
    But you seem to know so much about them and read threads about them both on here and on you tube and you put effort into giving out about them. It is an example of how people seem to go out of their way to complain about them or try and point out their flaws. I don't understand it.

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Again, that's your prerogative to think that way. I'm entitled to my opinions, as are you. I'm sure my dislike of them "or effort into giving out about them" is not going to give them many a sleepless night!

Your right, it wont bother them at all, they are doing well for themselves despite the hate. No wonder they left Ireland where so many people cant be supportive of those who succeed. And aren't they better off for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    On a YouTube discussion board. All allegedly of course

Any chance that's the same "youtube discussion board" that is basically dedicated to hating them and any other youtuber who has become successful? :pac:
    It's hilarious to see allegedly grown women (I say allegedly because they're all self professed experts in everything so they must be at least college going age) dissecting and discussing every single thing they do even though they say they hate their guts. They seem to love to hate them, which is a bit sad.
    I hope people realise that the more you love to hate them the more money you're sending in their direction through free publicity and views ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gigi Novella

13-03-2008

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

My god

Who'd spend their time watching these cnuts when the Internet is so full of information?

Go on Wikipedia and hit random article instead far better use of time

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: If what you have to add to the discussion contains the word "Allegedly" then don't post it. The internet is rife with enough dodgy accusations that we don't need to add to them here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I read Anna's blog fairly regularly - it's in among a bunch of blogs I follow. I find her likable.

I can't watch their YouTube channel.......I find that she just goes on and on and on (which seems to be a trait of these vloggers - and it seems to be expected or liked by the viewers)

Jonathan on the other hand is too much for me.

A ledge idly .....oh dear! Well, this one was not dodgy and not really a rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

In mine opinion there is just typical begrudgery going on when it comes to this family..

I think the accusation of begrudgery should be banned in here.

Taken to its extreme (as it is in here nearly every time) it's essentially stating that any criticism whatsoever of wealthy or famous people is motivated by jealously.

It's a tedious, lazy, forelock-tugging cheap shot designed to quell discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

They are the absolute worst.

He shoves his baby into a high chair meant for older children. The poor thing was slumped sideways for weeks. Even when he was sent the newborn attachment. Like his sister he is dumped in either a bouncer or a swing chair most of the time.

Watched a vid recently where they dragged a baby and a toddler to a launch party instead of getting a sitter. They only brought them because they know they are nothing without those kids. Without his little "cast members" he doesn't know how to socialize.

His children s pics were stolen and used for role playing sites on instagram. His reaction when he was told: "There are always bad sites on the internet "friend". Any normal parent would go ape-**** if they found someone using picture of their kids

Then again normal parents don't exploit their kids for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Criticism of an Irish person ≠ Begrudgery, no matter how much those want to dress it up and limit a discussion to "Aren't they great?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Saw the thread today and just had a look at their channel aaannnnd that's as far as that went. Don't have any problem with them but I'm pretty sure I'd have to watch that for a long time before I'd be able to get into it and derive some sort of entertainment from it. Each to their own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Been subscribed to them for ages, actually chatted with them once in Aldi and they're likeable enough.

Sometimes I watch their vlogs and think they're amazing and other times I think they're the saddest people alive for documenting their whole lives on camera.

I'll remain subscribed to them as they're a likeable pair and their kids are dotes.

Sinead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Sinead!

??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I do not understand their popularity - I can't get through 30 seconds of one of their videos because of how annoying they(well, mostly him) are.

Advertisement