Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Thanks everybody
    Had tracing of heart blood pressure
    Had chat with liaison nurse

Waiting to get bloods now.feel rotten.
    Dreading they will admit me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

big hugs FG. Sitting in a&e is rotten at the best of times, but worse when you're going through a tough time MH wise.

Great to hear you enjoyed your first day alaska!!

I've been having a ****ty few days myself. App with my consultant on Thursday so will see what she says. Wonder if my meds need another tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

So I'm starting on Venlafaxine tomorrow, doctor says I might need to be on it for 9 months. Hoping it sorts my head out.
    Anyone on here with experience of it?

Help!!!! wrote: »
    So I'm starting on Venlafaxine tomorrow, doctor says I might need to be on it for 9 months. Hoping it sorts my head out.
    Anyone on here with experience of it?

I was on it and it was only one that worked well.

First day done and dare I say it went great? :D

Yay delighted for you.

• Advertisement

Got bloods done there..then seeing a&e docror and then psych on call

Worn out. The staff seem to have realised that I am not fond of crowds noise etc....so while a bit lonely it's comforting.

I was on it and it was only one that worked well.

Yeah I hope so. Never had to take medication before but then again never felt like this before

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Yeah I hope so. Never had to take medication before but then again never felt like this before

Well done on going to the doc. Keep an eye on yourself for the next week or two, stay in touch with your doc too. Welcome to the thread I hope you get on ok..

Got bloods done there.. saw medical doctor (her name was Comfort)
    Now waiting to see the psych on call and blood test results.

Worn out. The staff seem to have realised that I am not fond of crowds noise etc.... am.in a room (visitors room) with a nice little shaped sofa and just me. It's a small bit lonely but reassuring at same time.

I should become one oft those nuns in an enclosed where they don't speak and only sing. You would also be away from hustle and bustle of life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope you're doing ok freudiangirl, thinking of you. I hope this makes things move for you in some way.

• Advertisement

Well done on going to the doc. Keep an eye on yourself for the next week or two, stay in touch with your doc too. Welcome to the thread I hope you get on ok..

Thanks. Yeah I think Ill be ok. Just need some peace

So had a chest x-ray. Waiting for psych on call and blood results.

Got moved to a ward for quietness.. One person snores greatly. She recommended I try to sleep but every time I lie down it feels like vertigo

Well you're welcome here Help, we're a pretty good bunch for support and stuff.

A chest x-ray, yikes. Doing the full nct with you. Glad you got a bed though..

Hey thanks again everybody. Just awake well woken up by lights. Hoping to see psch on call soon and hopefully home.

Still felling fairly rotten and. It's kinda like when you get spinners after drinking. I just feel sick and our of sorts. I know self.inflicted.
    I also feel.hungry but the thought of food makes me want to be sick

fg, I think these are questions that you need to direct at a medic... Have you found out from Pieta or citizens information whether you're entitled to a change of public psychiatrist?

Well apparently if I meet with my psychiatrist and my gp, we are under the impression that I can change then.

Well apparently if I meet with my psychiatrist and my gp, we are under the impression that I can change then.

That sounds odd. Let's hope it's a bit more strategic than that.. Hope you get some more sleep.

I have had 2 mini assessments and waiting for full one now.
    Feeling quite ill still but hoping that physical stuff came back fine.

Got two hours sleep during the night which is good for me ( lately I haven't gotten to sleep til 6/7 am.
    They keep on asking me do I feel any different to yesterday and how do I feel about staggered od now?

I just want to ggo.home and have a shower an d change into comfy tracksuit

That sounds odd. Let's hope it's a bit more strategic than that.. Hope you get some more sleep.

I think it's my gps ways of getting me to meet with current psych and getting me to understand why she handles me the way she does. He thinks she is using confrontation as a way of helping me. And he thinks by meeting her I Will understand.
    I just don't have any trust in her and as I said I went to other side of city last night for a&e.
    If they don't change , I will probably have to go private.or else just do therapy.
    Thing is gp wants me to have multidisciplinary team around me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Awful nights sleep, which seems to be regular now on the night before going back to work (bank holiday here yesterday). Woke up at 4am, wide awake but yawning like mad. Eventually dosed off sometime after 5 and woke up around 6.15am after some weird dreams. Feeling fairly tired now.

I think it's my gps ways of getting me to meet with current psych and getting me to understand why she handles me the way she does. He thinks she is using confrontation as a way of helping me. And he thinks by meeting her I Will understand.
    I just don't have any trust in her and as I said I went to other side of city last night for a&e.
    If they don't change , I will probably have to go private.or else just do therapy.
    Thing is gp wants me to have multidisciplinary team around me.

Stuff you wrote here, could you write it on paper and show every one you meet in hospital plus your doc?

• Advertisement

Stuff you wrote here, could you write it on paper and show every one you meet in hospital plus your doc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I move out today, so nervous

It'll be ok, stuff like this is exactly what the thread is for. Believe me there's more than just me rooting for you.

Medically cleared.
    Waiting to be fully assessed by psych team now

Good luck Spartacus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Good luck with that spartacus. Its a nerve racking time for everyone doing it im sure.

Just was assessed.
    Was asked would hospitalisation be an option, but I don't think so. Will have follow up tomorrow and ta weekend with option to come out to meet nurse who assessed me if I need a chat.

I need to keep telling myself .It's okay. .. It will pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Eye of the tiger, IMS. You can do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

The medication I'm on makes me so frickin sleepy. :( It's not as much as a problem now while I'm off work, but I don't know how I'll possible cope when I go back. I've to take it once at night and once in the morning, I left it til midday today because I'd a load of stuff to get done this morning, it knocked me out for a good three hours or so. Feels like half my day's been wasted. At least I got the "big" jobs done, but I've so much still to do today and I'm still really groggy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

The medication I'm on makes me so frickin sleepy. :( It's not as much as a problem now while I'm off work, but I don't know how I'll possible cope when I go back. I've to take it once at night and once in the morning, I left it til midday today because I'd a load of stuff to get done this morning, it knocked me out for a good three hours or so. Feels like half my day's been wasted. At least I got the "big" jobs done, but I've so much still to do today and I'm still really groggy.

Might be best to mention it to your GP or psych the next time you're talking to them, DD. Like your said, it's ok there now but could make you feel kinda spacey when you get back to work again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement