Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Gaming ***No Spoilers***

• 22-05-2014 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This thread is intended to provide chat to whatever game(s) you're playing currently on the Xbox One or 360. To discuss the games in a lot more detail please head on over to the Games forum, otherwise, chat away here :)

Edit (25/9/14) - I think it might be a good idea to expand the scope of this thread, by including All multiplayer gaming organisation - so users looking to organise online matches together etc can use this thread to do so. Plus, we can use it for gaming recommendations too. So yeah, anything & everything Xbox games related goes here

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Only have Titanfall and Battlefield 4, for the Xbox One.

Big BF fan though, so will be playing that until I pick up the last COD on the cheap and (hopefully) the Halo remasters and Destiny later in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Titanfall

Getting back into Fifa 14 (had been playing the Be a Pro season, because it was a pain to get an online match, now it's easier to get online matches I might get back into that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Super Time Force and Wolfenstein , finally some new games :)

I would thoroughly recommend both. The humour and retro looks in STF are excellent and well worth it from the US store as it works out at just over €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Mostly Titanfall and a bit of BF4
    Downloaded that Powerstar Golf today though and having good fun with it lol. Might buy the full game later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

titanfall and ghosts, at least until some new games come out
    will pick up wolfenstein or what its called when it drops in price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Picked up Titanfall and Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare this week.

Titanfall - I'm really struggling with it, it's lots of fun but I am literally getting killed in 30-40 seconds after respawning most times. Then when I get my titan, I'm being rodeo'd within seconds and I have no means of getting the enemy pilot off me.

I'll persevere! PvZ: GW has been loads of fun, I recommend picking this one up if you can find it cheapish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Call of Duty, and eh, Call of Duty. Lol.
    Anyone else eagerly awaiting Advanced Warfare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

funkyflea wrote: »
    Picked up Titanfall and Plants VS Zombies: Garden Warfare this week.

Titanfall - I'm really struggling with it, it's lots of fun but I am literally getting killed in 30-40 seconds after respawning most times. Then when I get my titan, I'm being rodeo'd within seconds and I have no means of getting the enemy pilot off me.

I'll persevere! PvZ: GW has been loads of fun, I recommend picking this one up if you can find it cheapish.

Im playing Titanfall and Trials fusion a bit at the moment

@ funkyflea, add me to your friends list and jump in if you see me in a party, you'll meet a few of the regulars that way. its a lot handier when your teammates are communicating and watching each others backs. It also drives the opposition mad when they get titan punched whilst rodeoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Have Ghosts,Forza,BF4,Fifa and Peggle 2

Only really play Forza (All I do is drift online,if anyone wants to join me ) :) and started playing ghosts properly today .

I will be getting Titanfall and a few more games over the summer as I'll have more free time .

I find in hard to play Xbox with no one to play with/talk to,hence why I rarely play Fifa,BF4,Ghosts

All my IRL friends still only have a 360 so I'm used coaxed back to playing that.

If anyone wants to add me my GT is nanook5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have FIFA, NBA2K14, Forza 5, Battlefield 4 and Titanfall.

Only playing FIFA and NBA at the moment. Forza I play in patches and do still really enjoy is, Battlefield is a total mess of a game which I will trade in very shortly, and after being addicted to Titanfall for the first 3/4 weeks of its release I haven't played it since and have absolutely no desire to.

Debating whether or not I will get into Watch Dogs, next 100% day one purchase is UFC, then might be tempted by Destiny and will almost certainly give COD Advanced Warfare a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I have zoo tycoon got it free due to the disk grinding and being playing a lot of that recently.

was playing titanfall for a while but just taking a sit back in that now.

getting watch dogs on tuesday if anyones up for some MP

have fifa, forza, titanfall and zoo tycoon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Bandit 6

a bit of titanfall, bit boring tbh.. forza online, savage.. fifa online, does my head in sometimes, actually most of the time! wolfenstein, good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Just picked up an XBone on Friday. Playing mostly Titanfall, great fun and starting to get the hang of it. Little bit of Forza career mode, have yet to try online. Also have Thief but I think that is going to have to wait a while before I crack into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

mostly cod ghost
    also have dead rising 3, ryse , forza 5 and killer instict, waiting on my delivery of watchdogs

• Registered Users Posts: 12 darkstar06

Titanfall
    Forza
    Watchdogs - just picked it up, so far seems pretty good.

Ping me on xbl if anyone is playing (Darkstar IE)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Gone back to playing Titanfall the last couple of days. Hadn't really played it much since picking up NBA2k14 a few weeks ago.

I tend to drift between all the games I have at the minute.
    Awaiting delivery of Watch Dogs so if any one wants to add me on live my GT is the same as my username.

Playing Fifa, NBA, Forza, Titanfall, DR3 (not sure If I have any others :D )

Anyone tried the titanfall update today? Looks pretty big. I can't get into a lobby though since updating. Just says 'Connecting...' forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

Anyone tried the titanfall update today? Looks pretty big. I can't get into a lobby though since updating. Just says 'Connecting...' forever.

I updated yesterday and it's working fine. I dont know if its because i leveled up or the update but i can now play pilot killer

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Haven't had the chance to try it yet, will do tonight, sounds like it will be great considering all the fixes put in place and extra modes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just completed Valiant Hearts, I really enjoyed it so now I'm going onto Child of Light(finally!)

• Advertisement

I found Valiant Hears to be a bit of a let down, it's not a bad game just got a bit bored half way through it. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guacamelee. Love it.

Just traded in Titanfall and AC4. Neither were the games I was hoping them to be. I actually have no discs for my XB1.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,392 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Slowly making my way through Oblivion, never played it before and enjoyed Skyrim so I picked it up on the cheap. It's a bit dull a lot of the time tbh, since I played Skyrim I've played The Witcher games, both Dragon Ages, all Mass effect games and all the Souls games so my expectations of an RPG have changed a bit. Going back to an Elder Scrolls game after all of those feels like a pretty shallow experience.

MGS V.. Tried Guacamelee didn't see the appeal. Nice looking game though.

MGS V.. Tried Guacamelee didn't see the appeal. Nice looking game though.

I found Guacamelee rage inducing at times, mainly down to controls and movement not being responsive enough during some of the more difficult platforming sections.

Equally I found ground zeros frustrating for similar reasons , controls just didn't feel right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Mainly a mixture right now of Watch Dogs/COD Ghosts/GTA V . Saw Ghosts pretty cheap so i thought i'd take a stab at it. usually i'm fairly good at the COD games but i swear to god i die so fast in this and so much its crazy.

Huh, guacamelee is actually a lot of fun. It certainly makes a nice palate cleanser from the doom and gloom of dark souls.

Huh, guacamelee is actually a lot of fun. It certainly makes a nice palate cleanser from the doom and gloom of dark souls.

Didn't enjoy it all. I came to it right from playing Strider so I was slightly biased in terms of what a metroid-vania done well should be like.

calex71 wrote: »
    Didn't enjoy it all. I came to it right from playing Strider so I was slightly biased in terms of what a metroid-vania done well should be like.

I haven't played the newest strider game so I can't compare, but the art style, music and 'feel' of the platforming is all very well done imo. I like all the references to other games as well (look at the posters in the town's).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Working through achievements on Titanfall. Hit Gen 10 last night and now I only have 3 achievements to go.

Advertisement