Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

Anybody from Group 2 get a call about a medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Yay, good news from HR about my own background check etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chazzbucket2

How do you know whether your vetting is done or not? Do they call people to medicals without having passed vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

mickaleen wrote: »
    Yay, good news from HR about my own background check etc...

Congrats, hope everyone whos waiting gets there vetting on time.

I was in the top 200 of group 1....had everything done up to today except for background clearance...that's done now...

• Advertisement

Lojak wrote: »
    Congrats, hope everyone whos waiting gets there vetting on time.
    Thanks. Relief to finally have it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Happyturtle00

jwt22 wrote: »
    Anybody from Group 2 get a call about a medical?

I got the call to attend a medical next week. No mention of vetting progress, etc. but I also didn't ask either. Just happy to have the ball rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

I got the call to attend a medical next week. No mention of vetting progress, etc. but I also didn't ask either. Just happy to have the ball rolling

Congrats great news. Where abouts were you ranked?

Same - they didn't mention anything about vetting, I know none of my references have been called and I haven't been to meet anyone in my local station but just happy something is happening. She gave me a choice of 2 dates, I went with the 2nd so I'm up for the medical in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

jwt22 wrote: »
    Same - they didn't mention anything about vetting, I know none of my references have been called and I haven't been to meet anyone in my local station but just happy something is happening. She gave me a choice of 2 dates, I went with the 2nd so I'm up for the medical in 2 weeks.

Roughly where about are you placed in order of merit ? Has everybody in group 2 got a date for Medicals so ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Happyturtle00

kev-bt wrote: »
    Congrats great news. Where abouts were you ranked?

Thanks. I'm upper 200/lower 300s. Going off this thread, it looked like people in the 400s were being called yesterday so it doesn't looking like they're making their calls in order of ranking

From my phonecall with HR today, my understanding is they are calling people from group 1 and 2 for medicals and physicals whose vetting is already sorted. They are looking at having a class starting Dec 1st and the likelihood is whoever is in the next intake will only get 1 or 2 weeks notice.

3fullback wrote: »
    Roughly where about are you placed in order of merit ? Has everybody in group 2 got a date for Medicals so ?

I'm 320ish. Seem to be calling at random though. Maybe my vetting is back, I don't know. She said an email will follow this evening so that might have more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Im 380ish haven't gotten call about medical but I know a few who have that are behind me in merit in 400s. Must not be going by merit. Meeting with my local sergeant today and super next week. Great feeling knowing ball is rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ShadowLFC

Had my medical this morning and was told they are aiming for the 30th of Nov for a start date but that could change. Also that they will only be able to give a few weeks notice so anyone who needs more notice than that for work will miss this intake

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Just wondering if they have yet called 1200 to 1800 Band 1 or are they still working on 600-1200. They must be close to calling 1200-1800 now,----any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Brownfox15 wrote: »
    Im 380ish haven't gotten call about medical but I know a few who have that are behind me in merit in 400s. Must not be going by merit. Meeting with my local sergeant today and super next week. Great feeling knowing ball is rolling!
    How did your meeting go?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

I also haven't gotten my vetting back yet. I'm in the top 1-25 from the very first batch. Frustrating doesn't cover it. When people spoke with HRM recently (regardless of good or bad news) was there anything they seemed to be able to do to tell you what part of the vetting wasn't back/where they're waiting on information? I wish there was something I could do. Could be a matter of asking the superintendent who saw us to have a look at it again to make sure it was sent off.. Or is there any indication that they're actively pushing people to get our vetting back or are they just waiting and not bothering to chase things?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Unbelievable Jeff

I havn't heard a thing yet. Placed in the 400-450 after stage 4. Although it sounds like the first priority is to fill the Dec class so naturally those who's vetting is back will be top of the list for medical/physical. I'd say those who will be in the Jan class won't hear anything until mid November assuming vetting is cleared. Again guess work

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Brownfox15

Nidgy wrote: »
    How did your meeting go?

Great! Nothing major just to see your character bit of a chit chat! Have all your paper work there, double check all that addresses etc. Takes a few notes only lasted less than half hour building up a character analysis really! Meeting the super im the morning hopefully goes to plan too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

On the day of the medical do you have to bring anything with you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

On the info sheet I have it says; Tracksuit, shorts, t shirt, running shoes, pen, paper, bottle of water, towel, toiletries and a change of clothes for after. What day is yours? Looking forward to having it done now, roll on Tuesday.

I'm hearing possible start dates of the 17th of November or 1st of December for people that pass. I'm thinking the 1st of December is much more likely. Either way, just want to get started now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

Just know any medications you're taking and dates of any operations you might have had. The name and number for your gp. I had a letter from the Dr about a condition I have but I wasn't asked for it.

Sorry, I just realised I read that as physical not medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nidgy

Sorry, I just realised I read that as physical not medical.
    I was hoping you did.. Having mine tomorrow and was not told to bring any of that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭n32

I did my interview in september and have a medical next week. I presume it would be after christmas before I would be called to start in templemore ( providing everything goes to plan!!). Anyone in a similar boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

n32 wrote: »
    I did my interview in september and have a medical next week. I presume it would be after christmas before I would be called to start in templemore ( providing everything goes to plan!!). Anyone in a similar boat?

Fúck this. I passed the interview in May and still haven't been called for a medical.
    Load of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    Fúck this. I passed the interview in May and still haven't been called for a medical.
    Load of ****e

Same as. Really sick of waiting

I'm going to assume it is based on when our vetting comes back, I had my medical last week and I know from our PMs that I ranked behind both of ye in the May interviews...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

I'm going to assume it is based on when our vetting comes back, I had my medical last week and I know from our PMs that I ranked behind both of ye in the May interviews...

Ya bases on vetting. Annoying thing is I can't get any info from HRM. Not idea how much is left to do or what the story is. I know I'm gonna miss these next 2 intakes and after that God only knows

Advertisement