Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I think she is next to go to be honest and I'm guessing her lip sync will be woeful...

There was a theory somewhere they they're emphasising her "lack of performance" experience and then she'd turn it out somehow by putting someone like Kandy or Jaidynn out. Can't see any of the other queens losing to her now. And I'm a bit disappointed tbh too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I hope this week's episode is up in a timely manner. Don't want to have to wait another few days like last week.

Also, no Ru-Up for episode 8 yet. I'll have two things to watch this week then. Can't be arsed with Untucked anymore, it's crap now. Bring back the fake drama and pink furry boxes!

Latest episode was enjoyable overall but my God the lipsync made Honey and Vivenne look exciting. Try not to drift off during it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

I really wish they'd have a few less the scripted challenges, they're badly written and boring imo. Shakesqueer in particular I'm looking at you, really felt for the queens struggling through that.

Just spotted this over on Reddit...I'm really surprised at this, it's pretty catchy!

Glad to see the eliminated queen go, has been coasting for weeks. I actually thought Ru was gonna send them both home. An uninspiring lip-sync and the winning queen pulled out most of the same moves (that arm thing) she did last time she lip-synced.

Ginger, Katya and Kennedy were all great this week. A fun challenge, nice to see John Waters on the show, but I agree, there have been too many group scripted challenges, and yet another one this week. At this point in all other seasons until the final they have all been individual challenges, so hopefully this is the last of the pairs/groups. Still wanna see more dress making and make-up chatter, it seems to be such a smal feature of the show now it's alienating people who watch it for that element. Same s Untucked is putting people off with it swapping one kind of fake drama for another kind of fake set-up where the crew get screentime like we care about them.

Hopefully some of the harsh criticisms this season has received will be rectified for season 8.

• Advertisement

Paddy C wrote: »
    Ginger, Katya and Kennedy were all great this week. A fun challenge, nice to see John Waters on the show, but I agree, there have been too many group scripted challenges, and yet another one this week. At this point in all other seasons until the final they have all been individual challenges, so hopefully this is the last of the pairs/groups. Still wanna see more dress making and make-up chatter, it seems to be such a smal feature of the show now it's alienating people who watch it for that element.

I prefer Untucked this season - love the Behind the Scenes element to it and it seems more genuine.

My problem with the scripted group challenges is that they all rely on comedy. If one queen is good the first time round, we can expect them to dominate each time. I think it's giving us a skewed view of just how talented Ginger is to be honest. Her runway looks are weak and if there were more stylistic challenges I'm not sure she'd do as well (she'd still be here but not as a front runner).
    Also, it seems she's getting her comedy from the scripts. Last year, Bianca made the challenges funny - although they didn't have to be (her rap was comedic while Adore was serious etc.) Her reading was nothing special. Pearl (in reading and DESPYs) and Violet (in reading) do have humour but they haven't the acting skills to execute any of the scripts.

Overall I love Ginger but it seems like the season is really tailored to her strengths. If there were challenges were humour wasn't handed to her and she had to make her looks I'd say she'd be gone. Dancing challenge next week may prove that (or possibly disprove it as the only dance we've seen was her attempt in Glamazonian Airways and she wasn't great at the dancing element but her lipsync/comedy shone through)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Ginger's "ugly dress" reminds me of everything Darienne Lake wore last season

Ginger's "ugly dress" reminds me of everything Darienne Lake wore last season

I thought it was a standard look for Ginger herself tbh, didn't see much difference between it and her green runway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Ru's look was so on point this episode! That lipsync was a car crash but glad about the verdict.

• Advertisement

Yes, I must also say Ru's look was one of my favourites. It wasn't just a ball gown in a varying colour like she seems to wear all the time, it was a proper outfit now. Looking through an old video I made it is clear to see that Ru's looks were fantastic in the first 4 seasons, but since Season 5 she seems to have settled in to a more plain/understated "look" that varies slightly by episode and don't seem as creative any more.

Yes, I must also say Ru's look was one of my favourites. It wasn't just a ball gown in a varying colour like she seems to wear all the time, it was a proper outfit now. Looking through an old video I made it is clear to see that Ru's looks were fantastic in the first 4 seasons, but since Season 5 she seems to have settled in to a more plain/understated "look" that varies slightly by episode and don't seem as creative any more.
    Ru is becoming a dame ;)

All I want is for her to rock something other than the same dress different colour.
    Slay me with this:
    RPDRs7-RuPaul_single-1.jpg.jpeg

I must say when I saw her outfit etc. for the latest episode I gagged. So refreshing seeing her and Mattheu mix it up a bit. It just seemed so stale that she wore the same wig and makeup on repeat every episode.

Her Despy's Bugs Bunny look was great though.

This is my video of all of Ru's "Don't F**k It Up!"'s, showing some of her fiercest looks, and some of her not so fierce looks...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kanhir

J_E wrote: »
    That lipsync was a car crash but glad about the verdict.

Honestly, I was expecting a double elimination, a la season 5. They were both woeful.

Anyone at the Alaska gig on Friday? Talk about amazing! To be honest the state I was in all she had to say was hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and I was smitten xD

Up until Ru brought the girls back in, I had no idea who was going to be in the bottom two.

When the lip-sync was over, I had no idea who Ru was going to save.

Only thing now is that the top 5 are all strong competitors in their own rights, so we are now going to see two strong potential winners go home.
    Anyone notice Ginger's tripping up of Trixie as she started getting into the groove of her lip sync? Devious move! Bottom 2 two weeks in a row for Ginger. Could we see her crumble so close to the end and not make the final? I have to say, I have gone off her a bit since the start of the season.

My guess for the next 2 weeks:-
    Kennedy and Pearl will go home, leaving a Ginger/Katya/Violet top 3. If Pearl made it to top 3 instead of Violet I think I'd be OK with that though!

Spoilers because can't work out the hiding feature on my quick reply message! ^^

I did notice the Ginger trip up! And I think it was a little unfair to see her base a lot of her dancing and comedy off interacting with Trixie who was perfectly fine on her own. Honestly didn't know who would be in the bottom and easily could have saved them all! I think this far into the contest they should really just be doing single challenges.

Thought the episode in general was great. Some nice cheap shots to other contestants, great mini challange and a great main one. I near bust a gut when Trixie said "And the winner is Kelly Mantle" though!

• Advertisement

[ SPOILERS ] and [ /SPOILERS ] without spaces for the QR's!

Yes, Kelly Mantle getting a mention and Katya's to camera pieces were good laughs for this episode.

I can easily see the surviving queen this week go home next week.

Ru said the Top 3 will not be what/who we expect, and I certainly wouldn't expect it to be made up of
    Violet, Pearl and Kennedy! - Are Ginger and Katya the next 2 to go?!?!

Ru said the Top 3 will not be what/who we expect, and I certainly wouldn't expect it to be made up of
    Violet, Pearl and Kennedy! - Are Ginger and Katya the next 2 to go?!?!

With it being a sewing challenge next week I think it could easily be
    Ginger and Kennedy
    in the bottom two with this week's surviving queen leaving. Their looks this season have not been up to standard in my opinion.

Violet said it best in Untucked:
    the queens have battled through so many acting/comedy challenges and now finally they have to do something else and Ginger is complaining because she can't act like she's better than she is and her weaknesses are showing. If she sashayed next week I think it would be justified because she may have won three challenges but it was to do with acting/comedy so we're not losing a versatile winner of three challenges.

Also:
    Ginger complainig that she can't sew or dance, well, we've seen twice now in a lip-sync that you resort of rolling around on the ground when you can't think of anything else to do, so beat it, queen! I'm pretty sure Ginger isn't going to be in the top 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I would get sick on myself if Pearl got further than Ginger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

So is this literally just a show about men who wear dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Chloris wrote: »

Don't let the door hit you on the ass ....

Chloris wrote: »
    Welcome to the planet. Enjoy your stay.

RuPaul is 54 - can you believe it looking at that outfit this ep!

That half-and-half runway was awesome, messes with your head a bit but I wish I could see more of them like that!

Ash885 wrote: »
    Anyone at the Alaska gig on Friday? Talk about amazing! To be honest the state I was in all she had to say was hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and I was smitten xD

Yeah I was at it! I don't think the venue suits it tbh but Alaska was lovely. I wish we'd seen more of her though.
    Honestly, even if they hadn't been judged in pairs this week I still would have thought Trixie and Ginger were the weakest...maybe switching Pearl for Trixie but either way I wasn't upset about it.That lipsync editing was very biased to Ginger though.

That awful country/robot mashup Trixie and Ginger were stuck with was very unfair though.

• Advertisement

The moment they did the 'where are your emotions coming from' cliché I knew Ginger is going to end up 1st or 2nd in the competition. It's just a bit predictable. I don't want her to win it...Katya deserves it more.

Advertisement