Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RuPaul's Drag Race

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Paddy C wrote: »
    Typical, I'm off work today and thought I'd get in on this weeks Drag Race early, and it hasn't been uploaded yet! Probably should have stayed in bed!

I've read the spoilers - sounds like the best episode yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Just watched it and I can confirm that it is the best episode yet culminating in the best Lip Sync I've witnessed in Drag Race history.

Yes, even better than Dida Ritz

I'm not saying anymore because this is really the episode you want to watch completely Spoiler free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

If it would friggin' appear on the site I download from then I would watch it! Been waiting all day for it to show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

An amazing episode and the best lip sync known! I had so many howls and shouts watching it xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Would disagree about it being the best lipsync but it was definitely a fun episode. It was down to Tempest or Trixie returning but it was clearly fixed for Trixie returning from the day she left.

• Advertisement

Can we just crown Katya now please?

J_E wrote: »
    It was down to Tempest or Trixie returning but it was clearly fixed for Trixie returning from the day she left.

Between Tempest and Trixie? How do you know that?

Ash885 wrote: »
    Between Tempest and Trixie? How do you know that?

Just personal opinion! Tempest got a raw deal and would have been great to see again.

Oh right haha, just I hear so much of the staginess afterwards on Reddit I thought there was something there. Really glad Tempest had a good bit of exposure this time around!

I would agree, it was a fun lip sync but it was nowhere near the best. I laughed at it, but I wasn't overly thrilled to watch it like I was with say Dida Ritz or Alyssa/Roxxxy. There was no real question that Ginger was going to survive it, I think Ginger and Katya are definitely gonna be top 3, but who the other queen is is yet to be decided in my mind.

A good episode, it was great to FINALLY see the girls make outfits and not have every episode filled with talking heads about the drama between the queens. Why did it take 8 episodes for it to finally happen?!

Interesting to see how long Trixie stays for. My guess is that she'll probably be gone next week...!

• Advertisement

Well I think it was one of the best. Agree to disagree lol. If you compare it to the likes of Dita etc., then that's unfair. I liked this lipsync because it was so different, off the cuff campy genius. The likes of Dita and Latrice's lipsyncs are obviously rehearsed given they use frequently the actual songs that the queens used to audition with, and also when it's a guest judge like Natalie or Arianna, they're given prior notice what the song is. They'd be stupid not to know their sthick. I just thought the ad-hoc antics of Ginger and Sasha really sold it, but then again I'm a Ginger stan through and through.

Agreed about the crafts side. I think the fact they had that god awful "nude illusion" task really didn't give us any idea how anyone could perform in this contest. I couldn't pick the best from any of them, though can obviously pick the worse.

Anyone else thanking their lucky stars Jasmine didn't even get a look in? 2 minutes of Untucked and I was waiting for her to get her ass out of there.

Strange, at the start of the season I would have said that Ginger is my favourite and can easily see her winning. Now I'm not so sure. I think Katya will eventually surpass her and take the crown. The effect Ginger had on me in earlier episodes has started to wear off a bit. She's still highly entertaining, but I'm liking Katya more and more now.

Until I saw Untucked I was like, wow, Jasmine may not be as c**ty as I thought. She seems less defeated and more positive. But then she lived up past opinions on Untucked. Unpleasant and bitter. And whilst I do think Kennedy is the same at least she has the actually talent to back it up and you can tell she really wants to stay.

Delighted for Trixie. Ideally I'd love to see a lip sync against Pearl and have her send Pearl home this time. I must say that kick up the hole that Ru gave Pearl has done her the world of good. I can see the change in her and she now seems like she wants this. Still can't see her winning but.

Top 3 for me are now Ginger, Katya and I think Trixie actually. And i would be happy for any of them to take the crown.

Sidebar: did anybody else download the new Drag Race emojis? I'm literally finding any excuse to use them!

I honestly think Katya is one of the best queens to come on the show.
    She's hilarious. Her confessionals alone make me fall in love with her and then she's funny in the challenges/work room/ Untucked too.
    She can dance really well. The videos springing up of her lately doing her club performances have me dying to see her in July (august 1st) for Dragged Up.
    She is absolutely gorgeous but can pull off the 'ugly' look too. Her runway looks are very strong too. I'm not gonna say they're outstanding but they're pretty solid in my opinion and she's showing a lot of versatility (plus she has made the majority of her looks).
    Plus her sobriety really shows her vulnerability and helps a lot of people connect to her and root for her.

I'm behind her 100% for the crown and if she's not top 3 it'll be the worst decision RuPaul will ever make.

Ru apparently said the Top 3 will surprise us this year, but if the Top 3 turns out to be Jayden, Kennedy and Fame, I'm gonna stop watching Drag Race! That isn't surprising, that's horrifying!

I am in rolls laughing at that ending hahah. And the sound bit of overweight they keep playing by Ginger slays me hahaha

I'm still questioning how Miss Fame has survived all these eliminations whilst having given nothing memorable at all? Unless they're pumping her up for some sort of "performance" song that she'll kill and send some front runner home idk?

And I got my tickets to Katya too! Can't wait :D Considering Trixie too, my friends in England said she's an amazing performer and great craic. Still between two minds with Max doing Pride weekend :(

Anyone going to Alaska next Friday? I CANNOT WAIT!

Pearl, Violet and Ginger all added to come to Dublin over the summer! Prices went up slightly than other contestants...not sure if there's something to be taken from that!

Pearl, Violet and Ginger all added to come to Dublin over the summer! Prices went up slightly than other contestants...not sure if there's something to be taken from that!
    See, that would normally sound plausible as a Top 3, except, y'know... Katya for the win :D

I really do think Katya has this, unless something goes seriously wrong. I would find it stranger for her to do a weekly log unless she went far in the competition. She's just hilarious, talented, and on point with all her looks. I adore her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

See, that would normally sound plausible as a Top 3, except, y'know... Katya for the win :D

I really do think Katya has this, unless something goes seriously wrong. I would find it stranger for her to do a weekly log unless she went far in the competition. She's just hilarious, talented, and on point with all her looks. I adore her!

I think I'm one of the few people who just doesn't get Katya. I don't dislike her, seems lovely but her humour is way too contrived for me. I've watched Rugrets etc and much as I want to like her...nah. I'm clearly missing something! :D Loved her in Tan with U and last weeks ep though, and she seems to have a narrator storyline in the confessionals so I'm guessing that means they'll keep her on?

Having said that, I've no favourite in this season, and she's nice so...I won't care much one way or another who wins!

• Advertisement

See I like Katya and I honestly wouldn't mind her winning but for me she didn't really hit her stride until Trixie left. But with Ginger for instance she has been strong all the way through. Well until last week

See I like Katya and I honestly wouldn't mind her winning but for me she didn't really hit her stride until Trixie left. But with Ginger for instance she has been strong all the way through. Well until last week

Sure the season didn't really get going until after that too so I wouldn't hold that against her :P

Excited for the Library to finally open tonight!

As fun as it would be to analyse, nothing can be taken from that. Their promotion/management would be crucified if they started charging more for them and were selling them as being "Season 7's Top 3" or the likes. Probably just the venue cashing in on the fact that these queens are from the current season and still on the show so will have fanbases who will likely pay more.

Paddy C wrote: »
    As fun as it would be to analyse, nothing can be taken from that. Their promotion/management would be crucified if they started charging more for them and were selling them as being "Season 7's Top 3" or the likes. Probably just the venue cashing in on the fact that these queens are from the current season and still on the show so will have fanbases who will likely pay more.

Exactly. Pretty sure Fame has the highest booking fee of all the season 7 girls anyway and I doubt she's Top 3 :P

Really though? I would have said Ginger was more safe than strong in parts to be honest.

Really though? I would have said Ginger was more safe than strong in parts to be honest.

Well in terms of her judges critiques she is usually singled out for praise rather than just sent to the back with the "safe queens" so that's what I mean by strong. But you could say the same for Katya too. My point is that since the first episode or maybe the second Ginger has been seen as a strong contender and she hasn't really faltered yet. Last week being the exception but I wouldn't hold that against anyone

Aye it was just an aside. Though all the other season 7 were cheaper and dates fall in between others mentioned.

Oh there was a hint at one of the shows we're not likely to see Fame anytime soon. Appearantly it cost waaaaay too much and she does **** all for it. Not surprising really!

Oh there was a hint at one of the shows we're not likely to see Fame anytime soon. Appearantly it cost waaaaay too much and she does **** all for it. Not surprising really!

I think she is next to go to be honest and I'm guessing her lip sync will be woeful...

• Advertisement

Aye it was just an aside. Though all the other season 7 were cheaper and dates fall in between others mentioned.

Carmen Carrera of Season 7! Except with a passion for chickens.

Advertisement