Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

kilmac14 wrote: »
    I think Cuthbert deserves as much support as possible. He has to built almost a brand new team and has some of the best young talent in the country to work with. If he gets his system right and gets the players to buy into it then you'd never know what might happen.

Look at Donegal and Jim McGuinness. When he took over they were a disgrace of a team, but with a lot of hard work and a system that the players bought into he delivered an All Irealnd, with lets be honest a fairly average footballing team (apart from Lacey, McFadden and Murphy) the rest were work horses who worked their socks off for the manager.

If Cuthbert can get the young players to buy into the way he does things then I think we are more that capable of challenging for the All Ireland. If Cuthbert can get the team primed and ready for a Munster Final down the Pairc against the crowd next door then I think we might be looking at the very least an All Ireland semi final (depending on other provinces that is and the qualifiers)

Thats valid and fair enough,and i will go to games,but it's hard to have any real confidence in the management,its based on hope.

I dont think many within are cork are confident and from what i heard the last week ,cuthbhert was not the players prefferred choice,they wanted cleary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I was only talking to a buddy a few days ago and thought it was a joke that Ballincollig were not challenging at both codes. They have a ridiculous base of potential players. And they are right to get into the primary schools - that's where the future of any club is.

Cobh is another place that will make good progress in the years ahead. They are sending coaches in the schools there for the last few years and doing very good work indeed. One of the schools in Cobh hadn't been in a Sciath na Scoil final in years, 2 last year and are in 1 next week aswell. Coaching kids at that age is how a club can develop in later years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mallow are the biggest laughing stock of all in Cork imo.

No Senior in anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mallow are the biggest laughing stock of all in Cork imo.

No Senior in anything.

Mallow's mantra......Build It And They Will Come !!

On the week it has been with 3 all stars ,One cork coach resigns, another returns to coach,what he hopes is the promised land, their are two huge games on Cork county u21 hurling championship saturday night and sunday morning.

Their is stars already,stars of the future,lots of cork development players,minor ,and u21 players on here.Some great talent on show.

The blackrock douglas game was going to be epic anyway,a derby game,but they have the way the games have went with all the delays ,decided that Blackrock who were nominated to represent the city,now put douglas back in to the fray ,and the winners of sundays city final at ballinlough will go the county final.

It all worked out in the end as both these teams are hughely talented.

In regards the ist game tommorrow night in pair u rinn is midelton and Mallow.

Midleton team i expect (may be odd)change or two

T.wallis, E.mulchay,patrick o mahony, N.o reagan,D.quirke,finbarr o mahony,L.coughlan,C.walsh,s.o farell,p.nagle,b.o sullivan,p farrell,lehane,(captain)s.moore,M.Aberneth

Pat hartnett,manager,denis mulchay and Ger fitz floating around their.

Mallow (again may be a change or two)
    P.BUCkley ,j o hanlon,k o connor,d sheehan,p buckley,c murphy,a luttrell,p healy,c hannon,a sheehan,k sheehan(captain)p herihly.b murphy ,yassin browne and s.hayes
    Ryan harkin may start

Tadhg O Riordain Manager,John Foley,and Johnny Walsh selectors.

Its meant to be dry tommorrow.Up to last week i would of said Mallow had a great chance ,but with Lehane (2-10 last week,1-13 against bishoptown ,even troubled shane o neill at times, and 5- 48 in the senior championship)if he is half that form could blow Mallow away.

Hes goal,in the all ireland final where he started 40 yards out ,and scored one of the best ever to grace a final proved ,on he's day the best in the country not to mind the county wont hold him.

They are a serious team even without their "superman" ,won the last three east cork titles ,beat a very good duhallow in the county in 2011,have around six of that panel, and have the wallis ,,the two o mahonys,cormac walsh (played like many of last weeks team senior in 2011.)lehane and Bud Hartnett.

They have blized everyone they met so far.People wonder are they tired with a lot of the senior lads,i doubt it,as those lads are in top fitness due to David Geary at senior,and are on such a high after sunday ,with the six day break they will be fine.

Theres huge expierence,with this team,Mallow are a fine team,but are very young in that they have 13 of the team avaible next year and a lot of their team lost a close county final to the rockies who dont loose many at that grade.

This should be fast open hurling.

The key is who marks lehane,he has to be man marked,in he will drift from the half forward line in to full so mallow to have any chance must mark him.

I was told wednesday night,Cormac Murphy(u21 and played waterford crystal at half forward for cork this year)is with Alec luttrell the only two that will do it.

They probaly will go with murphy as he has more expierence than lutterll,still a novice at this grade.

I personally would put Alec luttrell on him.A cert for minors next year,should of started this year.

The key is that if luttrell is being cleaned out,to move him fast,and also to tell him if hes a bad game he wont be judged on it,as lehane is physically,and expiernce wise further down the line and at different stages in their career.

The message should be do what you can,its a learning curve,and whatever happens,they will be better days ,and you wont have to mark lehane every game.

Of all the team,i feel he has the best talents to do it,pace,hurl both sides,great under the high ball,but not a dirty player but has aggression and never takes a step back.Born in tippereary,he is a real real talent.

Stephen Moore or bud hartnett on killan o connor(dual minor)is a mouthwatering tussle.

Pat Healy is a great worker ,and with connor hannon wont give much away,but o farell is much the same for midelton.

But Cormac Walsh is the standout player here ,a future cork senior,is similar to Mickey O 'Connell in that he can arrow points anywhere from half way.

Real pace,a senior the last two years,would have started at half back for cork u21 bar a shoulder injury in may.

Since he came back,he has been pheomomal ,started with two junior games,was on fire ,came on against na piarsaigh got 3 points in the senior semi final.

Came on in heavy conditions last week,and showed real,bite,and stamina.

If Midelton get a run in Munster i expect him to start sooner than later.

The battle betwee kevin sheehan and finbarr o mahony is well matched.

Aron sheehan and darren quirke another good match up.

Pa herihly,hampered by injury ,could cause lesile coughlan problems as herihly on hes day is a handful.

Sean Hayes on Patrick O Mahony ,will be very interesting to watch.

Patrick is a fine corner back as shown by a great second half last sunday,but hayes,is big,and strong,a great hand ,is the type of player that causes mahony problems.

Hayes is inexpierenced though at this level,a minor for cork next year,compared to o mahony who has a county medal,two years of senior club behind him,may give him the edge.

Mallow beat a very good fermoy team trained by Denis ring,and beat duhallow also, there an excellent team,but i feel,Midelton with their expierence,the highs of last week and also the buzz with the school in both the harty and dean ryan cup doing well,still in the senior hurling league semifinal ,are on the crest of a wave at the moment and will win .

Then you add in lehane and that influence may decide by how much.

But mallow will have their day at this grade in the future.

I do not mind who wins as both teams have a lot of very good players ,and potential on different cork teams in the future.

May the best team win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Thats valid and fair enough,and i will go to games,but it's hard to have any real confidence in the management,its based on hope.

I dont think many within are cork are confident and from what i heard the last week ,cuthbhert was not the players prefferred choice,they wanted cleary.

Sher we hear everything, I heard it that they didnt want cleary.truth be told different players are bound to have different preferences and anyway is there any point in talking about it now

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I was only talking to a buddy a few days ago and thought it was a joke that Ballincollig were not challenging at both codes. They have a ridiculous base of potential players. And they are right to get into the primary schools - that's where the future of any club is.

Cobh is another place that will make good progress in the years ahead. They are sending coaches in the schools there for the last few years and doing very good work indeed. One of the schools in Cobh hadn't been in a Sciath na Scoil final in years, 2 last year and are in 1 next week aswell. Coaching kids at that age is how a club can develop in later years.

Absoultey ,spot on.

Douglas done the same with eddie murphy doing great work in the schools down their.Won the minor football,u21 hurling semifrnal.

They are the coming team in hurling in a few years.

Douglas and The Rockies in the City divisonal final sunday morning,and winners play in the County final against Mallow or Midelton.

Blackrock

P delaney,j ryan,a hayes,e maccarthy,e smith,a murphy,n cashman ,l conway,d o farell,s murphy,s o keoffe,b dineen,A nolan,,A o Callaghan,K o keoffe

Dylan stokes may start along with crowe.
    Coached by wayne sherlock ,a great coach for the future and a great thinker of the game.

Should be involved with cork underage teams in the future

Douglas probably along the lines of

E dolan,d sheehan,d quirke,l maccarthy,d hanahrahn,p fitzgerald,s fogarty,c kingston,s collins,p beale,c o brien,m dolan,A cadogan,m o connor ,A ward .

Blackrock are the defending champions and county champions and highly favoured to win.

Douglas have had great work put in at schools down the years and it helped.They had colin doyle,goalkeeper in uk,with luke fitzgerald rubgy help set up a coaching program to develop coaches etc. In the past.

Mark o connor is in top form 2-3 against the barrs last week and around 2 -6 for rocehstown in the harty cup agarnst nenagh during the week.

He will come up against hes school teamate in niall cashman for the rockies.

Eoin dolan has a great puckout bv paul delaney is just as good a keeper.

David hanahran cork u21 footballer keeper ,a strong presence at half back will have
    hands full with stephen murphy or paul fitzgerald may mark him.

Murphy is and will be cork u21 next year.

Sean collins is fast and tough but luke conway is just as good and a great engine.

Niall cashman is a good prospect for the rockies,good under aerial ball and a great delivery ,and it should be fasinating against mark dolan who is a flyer and a super first touch.

Conor brien is just as fast at centre forward,they may switch alan cadogan out as cashman may swap with murphy at centre back.

Its hard to know what way douglas will set up ,front wise as mark o connor,aron ward,cadogan,dolan ,o brien ,are all very fast and very fast,seven goals against the barrs show how lethal they are.

Cadogan ,is very strong,and not very tall but wins high ball when he has to.

Theirs a big score in that forward line.

Andrew hayes is a tough full back and may mark o connor on the edge of the square.

Eoin mccarthy is a fast tenacouis corner back and would be suited for ward or o brien

Blackrock have kevin o keoffe who at full forward could cause huge damage to douglas and with shane o keoffe at centre forward also and alan o callaghan along with stephen murphy can get a high score.

Douglas are just as lethal but blackrocks defence may be slighty stronger and may edge it for them,at the same time douglas i wouldnt be suprised if they won.

A local derby,all the pressure on the rockies a potential banna skin.
    Unlike the midelton gawe,where lehane is the only likely player that could get one ten etc,both blackrock with kevin o keoffe and murphy are proflic,douglas with any of their forwards like cadogan or o connor could on their day hit a match winning total be main scorer.
    Two well matched teams .
    Like the othe game,any of these teams would do a final justice.

keep going wrote: »
    Sher we hear everything, I heard it that they didnt want cleary.truth be told different players are bound to have different preferences and anyway is there any point in talking about it now
    Thats fair enough ...how long is a piece of string.

Perception of somebody is different with different folks.
    But cleary had the better record,all hes teams could play fast open brand of football.

Youre right in that theres nothing we can do now but wait and c,but theres talks in some circles that this set up is a dream team.

It could prove to be but we have nothing to base it on.

Unlike irish soccer and rubgy where there is two managers proven at the elite level ,we are a team going in on hope.

While limerick set up looks far from golden,they have o grady proven at that level.

Fermanagh appointed peter mcgrath as manager.

Cork must surely be the most inexpierenced set up in town,definetly among the top 8.

On a slighly different topic,i read michael deasy,kilbrittain hurler ,playing up to a few years ago,i remember seeing him with ross cashman and jamie wall,is the strength and conditiong coach with western samoa rubgy.

He said hurling is he's first love and will always be,he is just 25, and would love to be a strength and conditiong coach with a team ,he would come home in the future.

Its guys like him Ed coughlan,eanna falvey from the lions ,should be earmarked and put on the radar within cork that if they do come home,with their expierence of coaching professional teams ,it would be of immense benfit to cork if they were used as fitness,strength coaches etc down the line.

Michael must be highly regared,as samoans renowned for their strength wouldnt take just anyone.
    Jerry flannery and johnny o connor are doing the same with arsenal youngsters,and soccer like hurling,the way arsenal play is a game of speed.

But their expertise can be used also.

I said it many times here cork have top top people,in different sports aeras that have proven themselves with other teams furthe r afield,we don't need to get in men from outside ,most of the time.

Deasy is a classic example of a cork guy learning hes trade,broadening hes expertise in another field,but wont be gone for too long at all.

I d say in a few years don't be suprised to see him with an intercounty team ,as unlike us,other counties will be aware of him.

Cork people are supremely talented,very unique and can match the best in any field,and we have proven that down the years.
    Their in cork,we must just look hard enough and give them the chance.
    Fair play to him.

Its not just talented players Cork loose to proffessional sport.

• Advertisement

CORK MINOR HURLING 2014 2013-11-09
    Notice from Cork Minor Hurling Management:

As the incoming Cork Minor hurling selection committee for 2014, we hope to ensure that the best players are part of our panel at all times and that an opportunity is presented to all players throughout the county to put themselves forward for selection.

As a significant number of players in this age range have been part of the Cork development squad system for the past four years, we have identified 63 such players (listed below) who are currently attending internal development squad games with us.

This group have have been recommended to us by development squad mentors, based on their performances with various Cork underage teams over the past few seasons.

Should any club feel that they have players of inter-county standard who are not on this list, please do not hesitate to contact us, as follows.

Please supply the following details for the players identified;
    Name
    Address
    Date of Birth
    Contact details - mobile no.
    Best playing position
    Please return the above details, by email only, to Denis Ring at d.ring@live.ie before 9pm on Wednesday, November 13th next.

As a selection committee, we would ask that each club is realistic in putting forward a player for trial.

Clearly, it will make the selection process more credible and realistic, if players with a high level of ability are put forward.

We sincerely thank you for your support and cooperation on this matter.

Mise le meas,
    Donncha O Rinn.

Manager; Denis Ring (Fermoy)
    Coach; Mark Landers (Killeagh)
    Selectors; John Mortell (Ballyhea), John Dwyer (Ballincollig) & Liam Martin (Glen Rovers)

Aaron Stafford Aghada
    John LooneyAghada
    Kevin O’Donovan Ahan Gaels
    Patrick CollinsBallinhassig
    Joseph O’Sullivan Ballygiblin
    Alan O'Callaghan Blackrock
    Conor O'Brien Blackrock
    Daniel Meaney Blackrock
    Michael O'Halloran Blackrock
    Cian O’ConnorBride Rovers
    Shane Walsh Bride Rovers
    Brendan McCarthy Carrigtwohill
    Darren Casey Charleville
    Jack Barry Charleville
    David Lowney Clonakilty
    Seamus Ronayne Clyda Rovers
    Jerry O’Neill Courcey Rovers
    Sean Og GatelyCourcey Rovers
    Daniel O’Sullivan Douglas
    Mark Dolan Douglas
    Shane Kingston Douglas
    Sean Howard Dromtariffe
    John Mullins Eire Og
    Robbie O'Flynn Eirns Own
    Billy DunneFr. O'Neill's
    Cillian Broderick Fr. O'Neill's
    Declan Dalton Fr. O'Neill's
    David Dooling Glen Rovers
    Evan O'Connell Glen Rovers
    Shane Milner Glen Rovers
    Sean Bourke Grenagh
    Sean O'Donoghue Inniscarra
    Tomás O'Connor Inniscarra
    Daniel Landers Killeagh Itas
    Darragh O'Brien Killeagh Itas
    Eoghan Keniry Killeagh Itas
    Alec Luttrell Mallow
    Sean Hayes Mallow
    Darren Hayes Mayfield
    Seadnaidh Smyth Midleton
    Darragh O'Connell Na Piarsaigh
    Dayne Lee Na Piarsaigh
    Eddie Gunning Na Piarsaigh
    Eric O'Keefe Na Piarsaigh
    Luke Meade Newcestown
    Cian Power Passage
    Cian Daly Sarsfields
    Eoghan Murphy Sarsfields
    Killian Doyle Sarsfields
    Luke Hackett Sarsfields
    Paul Leopold Sarsfields
    Darragh Browne Shandrum
    Diarmuid Buckley Shandrum
    Eoin Healy Sliabh Rua
    Shane O’Brien St. Catherine's
    Ian Cahill St. Colman's
    Billy Hennessy St. Finbarr's
    Cian Walsh St. Finbarr's
    Martin Collins St. Patrick's
    John Good Tracton
    Christopher O'Leary Valley Rovers
    Denis O’Farrell Watergrasshill
    Ollie Dempsey Youghal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

thinkstoomuch1, is there any particular reason why you start a new paragraph for every single sentence that you type? It makes your posts very, very long and makes the thread in general rather difficult to read.

Judging by that panel,im extremely positve,a lovely mix of small,tappy wristy hurlers ,but also big strong lads that have oceans of hurling and lots of pace,with good tough defenders there in central posisitons.

Very hard to find fault with that panel.Everyone whos their is their on merit,really been standout for club,and a lot of these guys have even played harty cup ,and u21 and in some cases intermediate hurling for the club and even been on senior panel.

I know theres a few from the B panel and around will be naturally upset they didnt make it,but particulary up front their is a lot of serious competition.

Its nice to see u16 lads like dalton,dunne and Michael o halloran (2-3 yesterday and fine form two games county u16 final against fr o neills)in the panel ,considering the changes may be brought in next year changing the age to u17,the expierence will help them.

Be interesting to see how the panel is shaped up when its revised over the months.

The way this was announced,and even option you think seriously you have a player we missed ,contact us, is very positive,total professional approach,and a good continuity from the development squad.

A nice share of these guys are involved with clubs in the big u21 games the weekend.That can only benfit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭zetecescort

U21AHC SF: Mallow 1-5 Midleton 0-6 (HT)

U21AHC SF: Mallow 1-5 Midleton 0-6 (HT)

Nasty night for it. I'd expect Midleton to pull away and win it.

U21AHC SF: Mallow 1-10 Midleton 0-12 (45)

not at it but Mallow seem to be doing more than just hanging on

• Advertisement

U21AHC SF: Midleton 0-17 Mallow 1-12 (FT). 

Good win for Midleton. I would imagine the conditions evened things up a little as I would have expected an easier win, fair dues to Mallow, nearly got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Castlehaven won the minor 'A' county football final today, 10 under 16s started on the team. Castlehaven 1-11 : 0-07 M Macarthaig's. Our under 16s play their 'A' grade next weekend (not fully sure if it is next weekend or the weekend after). Itd been a very good year for the club.
    As an auld fella from macroom told me, enjoy the good years coz it could all fade away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Well done to Castlehaven on their minor success today. The 2 Junior County finals on tomorrow in Pairc Ui Rinn. I expect St Colum's to win the football. Hurling hard to call. I hope Grenagh do it for that great GAA man Tom Kenny but Kilbrin seem to have a bit of heart and passion in them this year compared to before and are grinding out victories where in the past they would have given up and lost. I'll give a hesitant vote to Grenagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

I was at both the Minor A Football Final and Under 21 A Hurling Semi Final today!

In the football, Castlehaven beat Micheal MacCarthaighs (Buttevant) 1-11 to 0-7! In the first half it looked very even between the sides with the score 0-5 to 0-3 to Castlehaven but in the second half they totally took over and I'm impressed to hear ten of their players are Under 16. Well done to Buttevant for getting this far, a small club in terms of football now showing their hard work put in at underage. Castlehaven, a football stronghold are doing well keeping the conveyor belt of talent going.

In the hurling, I thought this was a great game! Midleton 0-17 Mallow 1-12. End to end stuff! Dramatic in the finish! Lehane's second half cameo with a few scores on the trot, and two great frees were the difference. But, it was the man that was marking him I was most impressed with, centre back, Cormac Murphy. He did an excellent job marking Lehane in this game, considering Lehane's superb form at the moment and also swept up an unbelievable amount of ball and in my opinion should be offered a try out next year by JBM for Cork! Others that played well were Patrick O'Mahoney, Stephen Moore, Killian Burke and Cormac Walsh for Midleton and Cillian O'Connor, Podge Buckley, Alec Luttrell, Kevin Sheehan and Aaron Sheehan for Mallow. Mallow probably deserved a draw but in fairness to Midleton, they held on in the end!

• Advertisement

Four ladies all stars still going on by all accounts,o reilly,flynn,corkey and the one and only juliet the legend.

Kate leneghan cork munster young player of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 havent got a kalou

Hard luck to mallow and buttevant today gud matches a few if the lads where saying !! Anyone at mallow for that u.15 match bishopstown v newtown today ??

I was at both the Minor A Football Final and Under 21 A Hurling Semi Final today!

In the football, Castlehaven beat Micheal MacCarthaighs (Buttevant) 1-11 to 0-7! In the first half it looked very even between the sides with the score 0-5 to 0-3 to Castlehaven but in the second half they totally took over and I'm impressed to hear ten of their players are Under 16. Well done to Buttevant for getting this far, a small club in terms of football now showing their hard work put in at underage. Castlehaven, a football stronghold are doing well keeping the conveyor belt of talent going.

In the hurling, I thought this was a great game! End to end stuff! Dramatic in the finish! Lehane's second half cameo with a few scores on the trot, and two great frees were the difference. But, it was the man that was marking him I was most impressed with, centre back, Cormac Murphy. He did an excellent job marking Lehane in this game, considering Lehane's superb form at the moment and also swept up an unbelievable amount of ball and in my opinion should be offered a try out next year by JBM for Cork! Others that played well were Patrick O'Mahoney, Stephen Moore, Killian Burke and Cormac Walsh for Midleton and Cillian O'Connor, Podge Buckley, Alec Luttrell, Kevin Sheehan and Aaron Sheehan for Mallow. Mallow probably deserved a draw but in fairness to Midleton, they held on in the end!

A superb game,it was , this was fast open hurling,warm the blood on a freezing night.

The teams lined out pretty much as expected but hayes was a big loss.What was the story with him.
    Burke moving to midfield,with quirke dropping back.

I had said last night that midelton would win,and lehane would dicatate by how much .Thats what happened.

Lehane could be said played bad.But that would be juding him by hes own standards that are extremely high.

He played,good stood up when the need was greatest .Great players dont just rely on reputation,they build on character within.He showed plenty of it,when the team needed him.

When Mallow drew level,twice in the closing minutes,the character they showed i thought it was great.A draw would have been welcomed by all,bar midelton,and understandably as a lot of their players have a senior club munster game next week,and still have to play Na piarsaigh in the semi final of the hurling league with a possible rematch with Sarsfields in the final.

But as you said Murphy was outstanding,he really tore in to him,and he was as you said unreal.I had said that hes expierence would probably earn him the role,but i would thought luttrell had the best talents for it.

Hartnett for all he's senior expierence,didnt sparkle at all.Burke moving to midfield with farell gave them an edge , he hurled a lot of ball.

I thought herihly played well ,didnt get a lot of fast ball,but hes goal was a good start.

But Murphy really was super.Hes time with ucc,is really helping him.Im nt sure if hes centre back at inter county level but midfield maybe.Midfield or half forward is he's best position.

Hes form dipped in the summer but he was top notch tonight.

I thought o conor had the better of moore overall,moore tends to fade out,but still credit due put in a good display.

Coughlan at centre back was troubled by sheehan ,and finbarr o mahony at half back had a good game.

Cormac walsh impressed me and this guy has a super touch.

Luttrell,was brillant,hes so young and learning.Really grew in to the game,and some super catches.A day when hes on the cork minor panel,it was a great display.

Three more years at u21 for him.Some talent.

I thought harkin tried hard but burke used hes expierence well.

Killan o connor showed why full back is hes best and only position.I hope the u21 management know this.

This mallow team i said would win this grade in the future,and after tonight im convinced.

A well coached,and drilled outfit.credit to them.

Midelton expierence and class of lehane ,must have got around 8 points in total was always a bonus and their a very good team that will take beating in the final.

They lost an u15 final to sars today by two poins but won the u14 semifinal.
    A long bright future ahead.

Best of luck to mallow u16 footballers in the county final against Bantry tommorrow.After tonights loss i would like to see the club get some success.

Tonight their was no real looser as in truth,a great night for mallow,and with 13 availble next year are in a great place,and Cork hurling was the real winner ,as it showed the under age talent cork has.

If Douglas and the Rockies is half as good tommorrow it will be some match.

Treble20 wrote: »
    Well done to Castlehaven on their minor success today. The 2 Junior County finals on tomorrow in Pairc Ui Rinn. I expect St Colum's to win the football. Hurling hard to call. I hope Grenagh do it for that great GAA man Tom Kenny but Kilbrin seem to have a bit of heart and passion in them this year compared to before and are grinding out victories where in the past they would have given up and lost. I'll give a hesitant vote to Grenagh.

I cant call this game at all.I wouldnt have thought either of the two would have got here.

But credit to them both.Kilbrin have showed real battling qualites ie two games i saw,newtown and castlematyr.

But it be a brave man to back against any team coached by johnny keane who has great success at this level and with cork intermediates,and Egan could dominate it if he turns up.

Id love st colums to beat mitchelstown,i think they just might edge it.

Congratualitions to Liscarolls Geraldine O'Flynn who won Ladies Player of the year and the Corks famous five,who won all stars,Valerie Mulchay, Deidre O Reilly,Briedge Corkery,Juliet Murphy,and Geraldine O Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭North Cork Star

The future of hurling in Mallow is bright after tonight! 13 Under 21 next and should make the push for the county. Is Cormac Murphy still Under 21 next year?! It would be great if he was.
    Sean Hayes was sick all week and wasn't fit for a full game, he was missed inside near the goal.
    Pa Herlihy has the potential but just didn't get the break of the ball in the second half.
    I hope to see Mallow make a big push at Premier Intermediate level with all the talent they have!

The future of hurling in Mallow is bright after tonight! 13 Under 21 next and should make the push for the county. Is Cormac Murphy still Under 21 next year?! It would be great if he was.
    Sean Hayes was sick all week and wasn't fit for a full game, he was missed inside near the goal.
    Pa Herlihy has the potential but just didn't get the break of the ball in the second half.
    I hope to see Mallow make a big push at Premier Intermediate level with all the talent they have!
    Yasin browne and sheehan are only overage.

Hayes would have caused problems for o mahony.A big loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone have the MIdleton/Mallow squads.

Orizio wrote: »
    Anyone have the MIdleton/Mallow squads.
    I posted their squads and douglas blackrock squad a page back if you look.

When i say sheehan is overage,it is the Captain Kevin and not Aron.

Mallow lost a minor to the rockies last year,and u21 final to ballyhea, in the past,if they stick with theirs the talent in the new generation to win them an intermediate.

Unlike many teams that flattered to decieve through the years,these players are different.When they have been beaten its by really good teams ,midelton and the rockies.

Johnny walsh doing good work among others.

• Advertisement

Douglas and the Rockies postponed.

It will suit Mideleton.

Weather way it is ,i think it will suit St .Colums.

This understanably with the weather will be low scoring,a battle of the wills more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Douglas and the Rockies postponed.

It will suit Mideleton.

Douglas/Blackrock match being played as we post

Douglas/Blackrock match being played as we post

Your joking..it was taken of the cork fixture list this morning ,thought it was over the weather.

Any good ?you at it?

Douglas 2-11 Rockies 3-16
    Rockies and midelton in county final.

Some final it will be.

Youghal beat whitegate

Munster intermediate final v ballin Tipp Mallow at 2 next sunday

Mtichlstown won by 2 ,credit due to them,awful game,but weather appalling.Expierence tola and Beston was the Difference.

O connor was good,tired in the end do,in a day that should suit him.Best of luck them against Keel of kerry next .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RebelAbu32

kilbrin v grenagh up next

Well done Grenagh, great to see Tom Kenny enjoy sucess with his club

Great win for Grenagh and Mitchelstown and a big well done to Youghal aswell.

• Advertisement

Great win for Tom Kenny.

Johnny Keane is a top coach,and hes record is excellent as he won with Drispey as twice with Kilbrin.As i said last night its a brave man that would back against him in a final.

This was a game that you coudnt rate any player on fairly as the weather was atrioucous , its hard enough to see the sliothar in this rain .Both teams showed great heart and stamina.
    Thats all you can ask for in the real hard rain,hard to criticise a lads touch in that weather.

O neill in this regard was immense got a great sidelinde.Egan was immense ,but Grenagh unlike castlematyr and newtown ,didn't surrender the lead and mentally were very strong.

Egan had what seemed was a point,and a fine point at that dissallowed.It would be hard to blame anyone,as like i said it was hard enough to c in this weather,Hawkeye would have struggled even.

Kenny had a fine game,two great points settled them.Will they beat ballysaggart next week?hard to tell.

They dont have any standout forwards but Seamous Bourke cork minor is a good player.

If they get to the final ,its a short spin down the N20 ,in Mallow and they will be a great North and mid cork support for them.Footballers still in cork county is bound to strain them.

Delighted for them,but i feel for kilbrin,and hope they bounce back.
    St colums will bounce back,mitchelstown had to win today,with Tompkins and been in the final before,if they dont win today,would of been a huge setback.For such a big town,should be achieving more,took ist step in rectifying it.

Pat fox nephew was playing for Mtichelstown,a relation of tipp footballer Brian Fox.They play keel of Kerry at a home venue.

Clyda rovers who have to go to Ballypooreen next week in Tippeareary ,a real chance of Munster glory,never a better chance,with Currow now beaten.
    Where is Ballypooren in Tipp?anyone know anything about their team?

Yes ,theres tough games ahead,but with Ned English a man that won a senior munster with Drom Broadford,and now the Kerry champions beaten Clyda must now have real belief to win it outright.Id love to see them do it,and for great servant Paudraig o Mullane be a great way to bow out.

Midelton and sixmilebridge next Sunday.A big game,and it would be great for Cork if they won.

Youghal and Ballina,Munster Final next sunday.Its a tough call to decide where to go.It is great to see Mallow get a Munster final,two more on Dec 8th with the Junior football and hurling finals on that day.

A superb ptich,and complex and such a central location,Mallow deserves big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Horse84

Ballyporeen is south tipp on the border with cork only over the road from Mitchelstown. Most of those lads would go to secondary school in cbs in Mitchelstown and know each other well so it's good to have 2 county champions close to each other.
    Ballyporeen have been coming strong last few years and finally made the breakthrough to senior. Have benefited from the excellent work done underage in tipp football. They have one if not 2 of the team that won a minor all Ireland the other year and Conor Sweeney, excellent footballer and tipp senior.
    Bally drew with dls last week I think not sure if that replay has been played?

I'd be very surprised if grenagh beat ballysaggart to be honest. Don't see them holding the likes of Waterford minor Stephen bennett. His 2 brothers also start, Kieran and Shane.

Sorry just to add Bally won very well against dls today. 3-08 to 1-03. Just off the phone to one of the lads who plays with em. They're a good very young side and will give clyda a right good rattle

Horse84 wrote: »
    Ballyporeen is south tipp on the border with cork only over the road from Mitchelstown. Most of those lads would go to secondary school in cbs in Mitchelstown and know each other well so it's good to have 2 county champions close to each other.
    Ballyporeen have been coming strong last few years and finally made the breakthrough to senior. Have benefited from the excellent work done underage in tipp football. They have one if not 2 of the team that won a minor all Ireland the other year and Conor Sweeney, excellent footballer and tipp senior.
    Bally drew with dls last week I think not sure if that replay has been played?

I'd be very surprised if grenagh beat ballysaggart to be honest. Don't see them holding the likes of Waterford minor Stephen bennett. His 2 brothers also start, Kieran and Shane.

Sorry just to add Bally won very well against dls today. 3-08 to 1-03. Just off the phone to one of the lads who plays with em. They're a good very young side and will give clyda a right good rattle
    Thanks a million.Just head out the motor way and turn of so.I might go this instead of the hurling,as it sounds a tough game by what you said.

Only less than a hour drive for clyda so.They sound a tough team,with a few standout players.

Not a foregone conclussion so,sounds like a tough match so next week ,very tough.

Ah thats grenagh beaten so away from home.They will put up a good show do.

Thats why i hoped castlematyr or newtown had won it as they had firepower you need in Munster.

Youghal and midelton have a good chance with home advantage in next weekend games.

Na piarsaigh dont sound unbeatable ,but their grinding out results at the same time ,so their resilant and expierenced and saw Downes point on the news,some player.A fantastic point.

If mideiton get to the final,lehane is the main man for them ,but dowling and downes can be just as dangerous for them.
    Gilligan and downes if they get that far will be a good test for Midelton at full back.
    How they cope their is key to them.

The sarsfield courcey game leauge semifinal postponed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Horse84

Yea go into Mtown and turn right at the main set of traffic lights heading out the clonmel road past Dairygold cheese plant. About a 10 to 15 min drive from there. Bally's pitch is very good, very few pitches have floodlights in south tipp supposedly, a good few teams train there.
    I'd know more about Bally than clyda. Bally tend to start very slow in games but finish extremely strong. Dara Lyons is still playing with em he was or is with cork con rugby

Horse84 wrote: »
    Yea go into Mtown and turn right at the main set of traffic lights heading out the clonmel road past Dairygold cheese plant. About a 10 to 15 min drive from there. Bally's pitch is very good, very few pitches have floodlights in south tipp supposedly, a good few teams train there.
    I'd know more about Bally than clyda. Bally tend to start very slow in games but finish extremely strong. Dara Lyons is still playing with em he was or is with cork con rugby

Sound for that.
    I did not know he played gaelic.
    He plays with cork con, a fine full back but can play outhalf.He has the skillset to be a fine footballer.

Clyda start slow at times but started well against macroom.

Ned english is with clyda,ray carey and kissane with conor crowley played with corks teams and seamus ronayne development cork hurler.

Ballina are going to be a serious test for youghal,they have pat cosgrave,at full back,thomas collins centre back and Michel breen their ace forward and have james logue also.

Michael breen along with James Logue and Steven O Brien have made the 45 man Tippeary panel .They must be very good club hurlers.
    Leigh desmond got man of the match yesterday,finally hitting the heights he is capable of.

Grace is a fine solid club full back for Youghal and has been around a while but faces a completely different test Sunday.
    Speaking of Tipperary ,they have recruited Kieran macgeeney in a mental preparation role.He is to work with Armagh still.
    I had expected Tipp under O shea to make a serious push next year but with that appointnent id wonder.Macgeeney is way over hyped and surely he wont come cheap even in a mental coaching role.
    It looks like Tipp are going down clare and corks route ,in terms of focussing on speed.Gary ryan ex olympic sprinter has joined them as fitness trainer.

An interesting shift away from physicality the way the game is evolving.

Eddie enright i thought was joining them.It seems not hopefully he stays with ucc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ballina are going to be a serious test for youghal,they have pat cosgrave,at full back,thomas collins centre back and Michel breen their ace forward and have james logue also.

Michael breen along with James Logue and Steven O Brien have made the 45 man Tippeary panel .They must be very good club hurlers.
    Leigh desmond got man of the match yesterday,finally hitting the heights he is capable of.

James Logue is not from Ballina, Ballingarry in South Tipp is he's club. Breen and O'Brien are the two key men for them as you have highlighted, Breen particularly is expected to make an impression with Tipp seniors this year.

http://t.co/azXqikHR5u

In relation to yesterdays St Colum Mtichelstown game.
    It was a joke.How in the name jesus they didnt know this was going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Beyond stupid.

Beyond stupid.
    At ground level you could pick them out,just slightly looking across the ptich.The problem for a player,on the ptich was way worse a corner back trying to pick out a half forward,had no chance.

And add in the driving rain in second half darkened the orange colour.

As you said beyond stupid ,the socks couldnt even be separated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

it was raised with both clubs well in advance of the final and both believed that there wouldnt be a problem with the jerseys.

should have been a switch to divisional colours for sure

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement