Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cormac... wrote: »
    How does one check which of the side quests you have actually done?
    I'm talking about this Kyrat Races, I can't see anyway on the map of identifying which ones I've actually done compared to which ones are outstanding.

The Kyrat Races, because they're replayable don't disappear off the map (as you know), which is a pain. The only way to see which ones you have done is to spawn at the outposts, walk over to the table and if there are ticks next to the gold, silver or bronze, it means you've completed them already.

That's the only way unfortunately. I blitzed all the Kyrat races and survivals in one go (had to spawn at camps from North to South to keep track of which ones I'd done). Had them all done in an hour thankfully.

Just have to get those stupid co-op trophies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Far Cry 4 is very enhanced game. The forum show you very important news about the Far Cry serious .It is the best game i ever play...

huhh???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

thorbarry wrote: »
    huhh???

check out his other posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have a code for Hurks Redemption from the Limited Edition that I never used. First one to PM me gets it, must have over 100 posts. It's the PS4 edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

Almost finished this i'm on north side of the map and have 2 story missions left AFAIK. As others have said its a funny game, it looks and plays great (there's times where the graphics are jaw dropping) but there's just something missing. I loved FC3 and i think the thing thats missing is the story or lack there of. In saying all that i stopped playing this and sunk 70 hours into bloodborne and now going back i'm actually enjoying it more not really sure why.

I do think they threw a little too much stuff on this game there's literally too much to do the amount of collectables alone are insane. Here's hoping they work on the story more for the inevitable FC5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm actually forcing myself to finish it and finding it a tad painful. Not sure why, but I'm just not looking forward to unwinding on the couch and playing an hour or two on my off days as I would with other games... but I can't put my finger on it. I think it's because once you've done one assassination, or fort, or mission... well, there's no variation I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »
    I'm actually forcing myself to finish it and finding it a tad painful. Not sure why, but I'm just not looking forward to unwinding on the couch and playing an hour or two on my off days as I would with other games... but I can't put my finger on it. I think it's because once you've done one assassination, or fort, or mission... well, there's no variation I guess.

Same here..... it's just too big.... Like I'm pretty much max level and haven't even done this Key to the North Mission the game keeps harping on a bout

Also the guns make this game a piece of pi$$ compared to the last one. Getting those signatures and 1 arm grenade launcher means to can just go into Besereker mode if you miss an Arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Would it be because of the characters in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Same here..... it's just too big.... Like I'm pretty much max level and haven't even done this Key to the North Mission the game keeps harping on a bout

Also the guns make this game a piece of pi$$ compared to the last one. Getting those signatures and 1 arm grenade launcher means to can just go into Besereker mode if you miss an Arrow.

that grenade launcher is a gamebreaker for sure. Pagans wrath convoy are a piece of p1ss with it. Its very rare that you actually get caught out when stealth fails, its almost easier to just rambo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I have to agree with this. Loved 3. 3 was a spectacular game and it's one of the last games I remember rushing home to get maximum gameage in. I haven't finished 4 either. I'm just after getting to the bit
    Where you 'kill' Pagan Min but it's not actually him.
    Do I have much to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not much left if you stick to the main story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Not much left if you stick to the main story

I'll power through so!

Played some more of this, just did the
    Escape from the Durgesh Prison mission
    there, that was quiet cool

Is there anything the ole 1-handed-grenade launcher/recurve bow/shredder combo cannot resolve? :pac:

Also am i just dumb or is there no silenced sniper rifles in the game? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Played some more of this, just did the
    Escape from the Durgesh Prison mission
    there, that was quiet cool

Is there anything the ole 1-handed-grenade launcher/recurve bow/shredder combo cannot resolve? :pac:

Also am i just dumb or is there no silenced sniper rifles in the game? :confused:

I can't remember tbh , Is there not a silencer as an add on that you can buy?

I can't remember tbh , Is there not a silencer as an add on that you can buy?

Not that I can see, they are all greyed out. Pffft Like I need a 4th Game-Breaking weapon anyway :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not that I can see, they are all greyed out. Pffft Like I need a 4th Game-Breaking weapon anyway :P

There is one available , you have too complete 4 armoured truck missions to unlock it but it doesn't look great :s

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

The Z-93 can have a silencer attached and is stupidly powerful. Actually kinda spoils the game because it kills everything in one hit to the body except rhinos which take 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭brady12

Only got around to playing this now .few hours in .find it a bit simplistic .familar enough mechanics .ye spend much hours getting through this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

This game is a tenner at the moment. Is it worth buying? Not just for the price but in general, I loved far cry 3! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

For a tenner? Absolutely. This was easily one of my favourite games from the last few years, spent countless hours playing it to completion.

Definitely worth it for that, especially if you liked FC3.

• Advertisement

Can't go wrong for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

For a tenner? Absolutely. This was easily one of my favourite games from the last few years, spent countless hours playing it to completion.

Cormac... wrote:
    Can't go wrong for a tenner.

Definitely worth it for that, especially if you liked FC3.

Thanks lads, yeah think I'll bite later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

farcry 3 with elephants and a decent Co-op? sign me up :D

Why do I keep letting Yogi and Reggie drug me? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This is down to €30 on Xbox digitally, might pick it up in a week or two.
    Why do I keep letting Yogi and Reggie drug me? :confused:
    Free drinks? Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Anyone interested in boosting for a couple of trophies in this on PS4? There's 2 I need.

Anyone interested in boosting for a couple of trophies in this on PS4? There's 2 I need.

I will yeah

PSN: GenericDreadHead

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I will yeah

PSN: GenericDreadHead

Sound, friend request sent.

Platinum'd it despite all my complaining :)

The multiplayer is alright actually.

Won't be 100% the main story, feck that, I had my 30ish hours of fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I got the AIM gun from Robocop from Uplay yesterday.

Bit of fun to have it, but still use my re-curve box 90% of the time.

Advertisement