Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The most stupid thing you heard in school?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

xbox36016 wrote: »
    ya about laws made in 1930s which are changed now

Ah right so they're not facts. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya had a book with 300 pages now its 1000 pages and she told us that thare is less in the new book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Dude what you do with hot assed cheeseburgers on the Isle of Wight is your own business.

Maths, damn you, not the cheeseburgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

ya had a book with 300 pages now its 1000 pages and she told us that thare is less in the new book

Your English teacher definitely did not do her job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

with a name like Donald-Duck yoou cant speak than

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 .DumDeDum.

Our JC history teacher used to write S.A.G. on everything, like homework and copies and stuff... Apparently meant St. Anthony's Guide and was so we wouldn't lose them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

My brother was ganged up on by the entire class for saying that Liechtenstein's greatest result in their 80 year footballing history was a 0-0 draw with Ireland.

Pupils and teacher were saying that Liechtenstein was a former Soviet Republic and were only playing football since 1991.

They obviously never looked at a map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Maths, damn you, not the cheeseburgers.

If you differentiate a cheeseburger what do you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

One gombeen who didn't know how long a metre stick was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

One of my teachers asked a bloke in my class what language they speak in Holland. The answer he got in return was Hollish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

A guy in my class came in without his homework after a weekend.

Teacher:Why?

Student:I was in the US

Teacher:Oh really, where did u go?

Student : Nova Scotia

(me and a few other laugh)

Teacher: That's in Canada, you idiot

(Whole class laughs)

This was in 6th Year. We were the higher level English class and all of the class were doing higher level in the majority of subjects. It didn't say much for the rest of the class also

The next week, the teacher asked him what he did for the weekend. His reply was "Yore Ma".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you differentiate a cheeseburger what do you get?
    Cheeseburger.

Troy mcClure: Partial credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Victor wrote: »
    And the answer is "no".
    Errr I hate to break it to you but that is the colours on the Irish Flag! Do you actually live in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

with a name like Donald-Duck yoou cant speak than

I can quack though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

cooperguy wrote: »
    Errr I hate to break it to you but that is the colours on the Irish Flag! Do you actually live in Ireland??

pssssst, green, white and gold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Sir, the sun is in my eyes.

No its not, its up in the sky !

In metalwork: Sir, the machine is hot.

No its not I payed for it myself !

Pretty useless. But I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

mud wrote: »
    pssssst, green, white and gold

Green, white and orange officially is it not...? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

there was a lad in our primary school class who was always telling stories like

"my da fell down the stairs, and landed on his head and bounced back to the top of the stairs"

forget other examples.. but know when we heard this, no one bothered to say anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Green, white and orange officially is it not...? :confused:

:o my bad, obviously listening to too many rebel songs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

mud wrote: »
    :o my bad, obviously listening to too many rebel songs!!

I think the orange is for the Protestant community, to indicate peace between the two. Not certain now, but that's what I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Duran Duran died in a car crash.

My initial joy was soon turned to depression:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I remember a teacher asking for an explanation for an equation and the response was " An optical illusion?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

My physics teacher asked a student if they could see air (that invisible stuff) getting into a belljar (transparent, no so much as air though), which was meant to have a vaccum in it.

She also crossed wires, and when told that she had crossed wires, carried on the experiment thinking that it didnt matter where the electricity went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

"Who's Barack Obama?" - a 6th Year on US Election Day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kipperhell wrote: »
    I remember a teacher asking for an explanation for an equation and the response was " An optical illusion?"

That's what I say to bouncers when they tell me to move at about 2 AM. I'm an optical illusion, shhh!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    In J.C french we were learning the names of sports, the teacher was writing them on the board and she would tell us 1 by 1 how to pronounce them and little ways of remembering them. After she wrote: Basketball-Basket, she turned and said it's the same at Basketball but without the ball.
    Student: "but how do they play basketball without the ball" :)

Then there was the Religion teacher who would always say he was goin to get the principle because of our behaviour and storm out of the room, only to return 10mins later wit a cup of tea. He did this nearly every class and never came back with anyone. Then one day we locked him out of his room and from then on we were on class report with the yearhead and principle paying us a visit nearly every day:)

Edit: And then there was the history teacher that used to call out notes for us to write down and she insisted on spelling nearly every word with more than 4 letters in it, and also telling us when to put in full stops/comma's. One day she was calling out a sentence and an the end she said "full stop". I asked her how do you spell full stop and she started spelling it and i pretended to write it down until every1 burst out laughing. Then i got in ****:)

Pobalscoil Iosolde by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

caught talking in class (asking about maths).

Miss : Stop talking or you'l be doing foundation level.
    me : Won't be doing foundation level miss.
    Miss: You will
    Me: No I can choose to do what I want I can go up to higher on the day if I want.
    Miss: No you can't you'l be doing foundation level.
    Me: no I wont.
    Miss: Get out.........

Hated that teacher. She was the most boring maths teacher who could not actually get her point across ever. It was only in college I began to understand it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Friend told me in school if you give a boy a bj you have the baby out your mouth.............Anyone confirm???:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Fishie wrote: »
    Oh and I forgot to mention -

Rebecca from Home and Away was killed in a car crash
    The Scatman died from a drug overdose

There were tonnes of them. Most of them in car crashes I seem to remember.

Daftest one was Johnny Knoxville dying after jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

Steve-O from Jackass was meant to have died as well.

What was the story with all of these rumours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

foxy06 wrote: »
    Friend told me in school if you give a boy a bj you have the baby out your mouth.............Anyone confirm???:pac:

oh yes definitly I've seen it :P

Advertisement