Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Here are some prints of my story so far

Currently leading the league by seven, comfortable I can close it out.

I'm playing a rather offensive tactic that has lulled a little in recent weeks, but it is still the strongest I have.

Anderson has been brilliant this season, and making Hamsik look a poor buy.

Hamsik, just wasnt worth the money I paid, big regret, very injury prone.

Marin, has developed nicely and stappled the left wing as his

And Rooney, the talisman

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MU_1878

Where can I get the editor? A link to badges would be great too!

Thanks

Well wrapped up the league last night with one game to spare.

Liverpool and Arsenal were in a constant tussle for the title with me. It was a really enjoyable and tough season.

I needed two wins from my last three games.

I beat Sunderland comfortably to need one win from my last two games.

Arsenal away and City away. No guarantees this was going to happen.
    I got hammered by Arsenal 5-1 and was very nervous.

The following weekend was City. City are languishing around fifth but are looking to payback after an earlier 6-0 demolishing.
    Arsenal were playing Liverpool and it was a constant check of the current scores while my match was going on.

I went 1-0 down with Aguerro scoring a belter, to level it up before half time, Hernandez with a cool finish on the break.
    At half time Arsenal were 2-0 up against liverpool and it was not looking good.

It went to worse as Arsenal went 3-0 and Toure fired City ahead 2-1 with 15 minutes to go.
    As I glanced to the league table, things were not looking pretty.

But Liverpool started to claw back, and were 3-2 with 5 minutes to go.

89th minute Rooney scored a header to level the match, just as Carroll did the same for Liverpool for a 3-3 draw at Anfield.

Title is mine, and what a way to win it, felt like it was end of season last year I was so engrossed!

All thats left is a CL final with Ac Milan.

Unfortunately Fabio and Valencia got sent off in the semi final against Inter, and Rooney got booked and misses the final. So I'm fearful of how it will go, but I'm hopeful of a victory to cap off a succesfull season.

Then its straight into strengthening the team for next year.

I'll be looking to offload a bit of deadwood and bring in some good backups and maybe one new quality signing. Valencia is turning into a little beast so I've cooled off on the thought of a new winger.

I'll throw up some pics tonight

Absolutely delighted

To do it without Fabio, Valencia and Rooney was immense

• Advertisement

Very happy with my summer dealings

Rafael out for £10m
    Vidic out for £20m

Cant shift Lindergaard, ji sung park of Ferdinand

In. (attached)

And two more good signings shortly , hopefully ;)

Chico , three hatricks in three games

Holy...****

And he is still going.

Rooney is out injured, first game of season he will be out for 5 weeks.

Chico has stepped up with three hat tricks and then another brace in 4 games.
    Fierro scored and outragous lob and has 1 in 4, but has 5 assists :O

I also picked up finally, Lucas Moura, who went and got himself busted up and out for a few weeks :/ good 35m investment. I love how the board and fans are not happy with the signing : /

Hamsik, thank ****, has had a fiery pre season and hit the ground running. Two goals and a number of assists.

I've had to do a little cull to fit in my new signings.
    Fletcher, Giggs, Cleverly and Scholes were left out of squad registration. I also ommited Yaya Sonago with the hope of getting him a loan move.

This game is stupidly difficult and unrealistic in the transfer market.

I have offered Fletcher and Sonogo on loan paying 90% of their wages, and still no one wants to take, them, selling players in this game, where they are not being hounded by top clubs, is stupidly difficult.

Ji Sung park took a year to shift and ended up leaving for £1m.
    I cant shift Ferdinand, even at 250k.

My new defenders, Romario from last season, Kurt Zouma and Cissoko have settled in nicely and relegated Fabio, Smalling and Jones to the bench. I had planned to play Jones but Johhny Evans has put in three 8+ performances in a row, so tough to drop.

Feeling confident of securing the league this season, my squad feels alot stronger and has good depth and cover in all areas. I want to make a push for the domestic cups that I got shockingly knocked out of last year.

I've already tied up the charity shield and the Euro super cup, and have got a favourible CL group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

New season and 10 games in, I have finally dropped some points. Drew 1-1 with Limerick. :mad:

Finding it really hard to get players to sign contracts as they want to move to bigger clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gwan Limerick!

• Advertisement

I have a central defender that is a beast in the air and scores loads of goals for me. He can play in either full back position too which is very rare. He's worth 1.1million but I have a 2.5 mil release clause. Norwich put in a bid of 1.6mil up front and the board thought it was too good to turn down. :( I think I could have got some more out of him.

A bid of 1.8 just came in from Velez. 1 mil up front with the rest paid off over 12 months.

Let the bidding war begin!

And now I'm gonna lose my 20 year old star striker to my parent club Hibernian for 1.4 mil. There's a possibility of losing my decent midfielder also.

Names? I need names!! Unless you are gone a good bit into the game. Finding it very hard to attract decent players to the squad. The IPD dropped a load of places in the standings so that isnt good.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Names? I need names!! Unless you are gone a good bit into the game. Finding it very hard to attract decent players to the squad. The IPD dropped a load of places in the standings so that isnt good.

I'm at season 2019/2020. All these players were brought in on free transfers too so I've made a profit of almost 3 mil in one month!

Sergio Parente was the CB.
    Radim Duda was the striker.
    Lubos Jursa will be the mid I'll lose.

I'll lose Marc Pelosi on a free so I will but he's worth at least 1 mil.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Well I just had one of the worst endings to a season in a while.
    I'm currently undertaking the San Marino challenge,haven't taken over the national team just yet.
    But anyway coming up to the last game of the season versus Roma all I need was a draw to clinch the title but I ended up losing to an 85th minute winner which left the league like so.
    serie_a.png
    Then I went on to play Roma again in the Italien cup final where I was soundly beaten
    cup.png
    But it would have been all worth while if I could beat barca in the champions league final.....I didn't
    champion_league.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Have you won the league yet or was that to be your first time? Fair play for getting to the CL final in under 20 years.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Have you won the league yet or was that to be your first time? Fair play for getting to the CL final in under 20 years.

I've won the league and italien cup and europa league before but that was my first champions league final appearence.
    Killing thing is with some of the players still the board are still stepping in to accept offers which is annoying as hell.

Finished my second season with Limerick after gaining promotion to the Premier Division. I had been predicted to finish dead last in 12th and with the opening game against Derry result in us losing 2-0 i didnt hold much hope however I was soon to realise we might have a fighting chance coming very close to actually ending up at the top of the table and nearly winning it.

I finished second (1 point behind, needed them to lose their last match and they drew) to a very good Cork side who had the better of me throughout the season, however I did manage to beat them 4-1 in the league at home.

Lost to Cork in the Munster Senior Cup final 3-2 (put out a weak side as Munster Senior Cup not a priority)

Lost 7-2 to Vojvodina in the Europa League 2nd Qual Round

Lost 5-0 to Sligo Rovers in the League cup final (put out a weak side as League Cup not a priority)

Won 2-1 against Cork in the Senior Challenge Cup final (Two in a row)

Here is my star player and striker that I have lost due to the WP issue:

JhonPrezOverview_Profile.png
    IrishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

McLove my friend.

It was from you I grabbed Fierro.

6 goals in 13 appearances, mainly playing backup to Chico and Rooney. 8 assists.

Looks a tremendous buy

I have Sonago in the reserves I've so much striking power :O

• Advertisement

Sounds like you may have too much power :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What happened to Rovers? They usually walk it in mine.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Sounds like you may have too much power :D

Unfortunately Hamsik is constantly in a foul mood and he is making me want to sell him : /

Two new signings contributing well with two previous

r1zgX.png

acJEt.png

ETiX9.png

l0dLY.png

Well, I made a killing on transfers and I beat two teams in the Champions League play off and am leading on aggregate against Red Star Belgrade so I should make a bit of money from that.
    The board are pumping in 4.2 million into training facilities for me.

546608_10152046078290307_1742349206_n.jpg

In negotiations with another team about another player. They want him for 1.9 mil but there's a 2.5 mil release clause so if they don't meet that then they are not getting him.

I hate the thought of scouting loads for new players! There are very few good Irish players out there too.

Bet Red Star Belgrade! :eek: Awarded €7.1 million! :eek:

WATERFORD UNITED ARE RICH!

Bet those bastards who wanted to move coz the "club isn't big enough" wish they had stayed now!

309288_10152046216940307_1022350935_n.jpg

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Bet those bastards who wanted to move coz the "club isn't big enough" wish they had stayed now!

309288_10152046216940307_1022350935_n.jpg

Thats some draw,champions league money is unreal when you get there with a small club.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Thats some draw,champions league money is unreal when you get there with a small club.

gonna get hammered with the bare bones of a squad I have left and I'm making silly free transfers just to tick over.

The prize money should be enough to allow me to clean out my squad and start fresh. Hopefully I can attract some pretty decent players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

After 8 years or so, and winning everything in Ireland with |Finn Harps, I decided to leave, and applied for jobs all over the shop. Got the Brighton job mid season, as they were languishing in midtable league one. Finished alright, and started my first full season with them in L1, currently 2nd in January 2021.
    However, the same news story keeps coming up about me going off to barca to replace avb, with my multiple LOI titles and L1 experience, and now Benfica have just offered me the managers job! Do I stay with brighton to try and work my way up or decamp to portugal to try and make benfica big again?? (they're currently 7th in the portuguese league).
    Ah the tough career decisions of a sunday league footballer

Advertisement