Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,886 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Be a bit of a scary experiece if axel sees you taking a picture or recording a video on your phone or camara.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I wish Ticketmaster would say that on their site, rather than leaving the "Find Tickets" option available and you search like an idiot and only realise when none of your searches return any tickets, that the thing is sold out.

Drives me bloody mad that!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Be a bit of a scary experiece if axel sees you taking a picture or recording a video on your phone or camara.

Eh...no. The infamous incident years ago involved a guy with a professional shoulder mounted videocamera. Not a camera or phone. In fact when the band played an intimate acoustic gig in New York recently people were waving camera phones in Axl's face and he didn't blink an eyelid. There are tons of front row videos of the band on youtube many of which feature Axl looking right at the camera without a care in the world. Most of the stuff about Axl in the media is quite frankly, bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Really not that bothered what others think. I am going to the show because I love their music from the begining to Chinese Democracy, I am a fan of the band. For one reason or another I have not seen them live since Slane so I am looking forward to going and bringing my daughter with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

rednik wrote: »
    For one reason or another I have not seen them live since Slane so I am looking forward to going and bringing my daughter with me.

Was at Slane also, but don't remember a thing as I was a foolish teenager who thought it was clever to drink a bottle of JD and ly in the sun.

I was like a lobster for the rest of that week :p

I'm definitely, couldn't forgive myself if it turned out to be a cracker and I never went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

RonMexico wrote: »
    Eh...no. The infamous incident years ago involved a guy with a professional shoulder mounted videocamera. Not a camera or phone.

Ah the St Louis Incident, part of the reason Axl was so upset, was because the band themselves were taping it professionally - they were gonna use the finished product for a DVD - and then this guy ruins the experience

As you can see from here, all professionally filmed, and it looked well before this incident happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Was at Slane also, but don't remember a thing as I was a foolish teenager who thought it was clever to drink a bottle of JD and ly in the sun.

I was like a lobster for the rest of that week :p

I'm definitely, couldn't forgive myself if it turned out to be a cracker and I never went.

According to ticketmaster no ex lobsters allowed.:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Every single time there is a thread on boards about GNR it is derailed by trolls who turn it into an Axl and the new line-up bashing thread. I don't mind if the thread is about the break-up of the old band but you can't even start a thread here to discuss an upcoming gig or their world tour (Rock&Metal forum) and it gets derailed by people who have nothing to add to the actual thread topic other than bashing the band.

I don't like Metallica but that doesn't mean I post in every Metallica thread that they suck etc etc.

It gets old real fast.

If you don't like this line-up fine, go start a thread in the Rock forum about it and do your bitching and whining there and let the fans of this line-up have a discussion for once without all this negative crap.

If you claim you dont like Metallica, then you must be a troll :P

This is great news. The 2006 Gig was Superb fun. I caught a drumstick which Axl tossed into the crowd after "Your Could be Mine". Sunny day, got to see three bands, and GNR played for over two hours. I think they would certainly be worth a look this time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah the St Louis Incident, part of the reason Axl was so upset, was because the band themselves were taping it professionally - they were gonna use the finished product for a DVD - and then this guy ruins the experience

As you can see from here, all professionally filmed, and it looked well before this incident happened

What a complete cock, could have handled that WAYYYYY better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Just seen this advertised on Ticketmaster. What was their RDS show like a few years ago?

I thought it was quite poor and I'm a big Guns n Roses fan. It was more to do with the early start time (I missed the first song or two), gig played in daylight, Axl running off stage every couple of minutes, it was quite disjointed. Hopefully indoors will be better.

Does anyone have any idea on the popularity of this concert - do you reckon its likely to sell out - or should I be ok to wait over the weekend until the next pay packet comes through.

I don't think it's gonna be another Pearl Jam, and to be fair, they didn't sell out the RDS

I'm a huge fan and I'm seeing them in Leeds as well but I just dunno whether I should be getting a ticket first and foremost Friday morning or whether I can wait a little while. What do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

im gonna get them to be on the safe side with the o2 presale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Screw it I'm going. Booked time off work today. This, then a day break, then Electric Picnic I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Does anyone have any idea on the popularity of this concert - do you reckon its likely to sell out - or should I be ok to wait over the weekend until the next pay packet comes through.

I don't think it's gonna be another Pearl Jam, and to be fair, they didn't sell out the RDS

I'm a huge fan and I'm seeing them in Leeds as well but I just dunno whether I should be getting a ticket first and foremost Friday morning or whether I can wait a little while. What do people think?

Crue - this one is more difficult than most to gauge - they had such a cross the board following and again people are just going to go to see the songs they know being sung by Axl........indoors with a limit of 14k people it's quite possible that this will sell really well, having the Belfast show will take a little of the pressure off it though I think....

I think this will sell quite quickly. GnR have appeal to the masses that won't have a clue that Slash isn't in the band until they see he's not on stage.

It won't sell as quickly as AC/DC but quicker than Iron Maiden. I'd expect standing to sell within a couple of days and seats to eventually sell out. Get in quickly if you don't want to miss out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ozzy jr wrote: »
    GnR have appeal to the masses that won't have a clue that Slash isn't in the band until they see he's not on stage.

I would think it is pretty safe to assume that anyone who will be going to this will know about the lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

The RDS wasn't a great gig Axl kept leaving the stage alot, just leaving the band to do some instrumental stuff which is fine to a point. I'd love to go but you would never be to sure about Axl.

I think this will sell quite quickly. GnR have appeal to the masses that won't have a clue that Slash isn't in the band until they see he's not on stage.

Are you ACTUALLY a GNR fan? U've done NOTHING but troll this band time and time again on this thread, everything is 'GNR suck...' and 'Chinese Democracy blows...'

Are you actually a fan, because you seem to REALLY hate them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Are you ACTUALLY a GNR fan? U've done NOTHING but troll this band time and time again on this thread, everything is 'GNR suck...' and 'Chinese Democracy blows...'

Sounds like a lot of people, including me, a fan of Guns n'Roses, the pre 2000 line ups, just not a fan of Axl

Eh, 2 posts. No mention of sucking or blowing! For the record, I quite like "Chinesse Democracy" in particular "Madagascar".

Did you really mean to quote me there?

• Advertisement

Eh, 2 posts. No mention of sucking or blowing! For the record, I quite like "Chinesse Democracy" in particular "Madagascar".

Did you really mean to quote me there?

Both of your posts were negative about the band despite the fact that you said you were a big fan...I was just confused, because you didn't strike me as someone who was a fan of Guns N Roses currently

Jeez, I said the RDS gig was poor which it was (for the reasons I stated). That means I'm not a fan? Can I only be a fan if I say positive opinions all the time. My second post wasn't negative at all :confused:

I must take a photo of my GnR collection and show you how much of a fan I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

You two are worse than Axl & Slash :p

I thought it was quite poor and I'm a big Guns n Roses fan. It was more to do with the early start time (I missed the first song or two), gig played in daylight, Axl running off stage every couple of minutes, it was quite disjointed. Hopefully indoors will be better.

What a ridiculous post.

You thought it was poor because YOU were LATE and the band hit the stage ON TIME.

You thought it was poor because the gig was played in DAYLIGHT.

Axl left the stage during solo spots not ever couple of minutes. He ALWAYS did that even back during the Illusions tour.

Big fan my hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

Hands up who is going for standing tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Axl left the stage during solo spots not ever couple of minutes. He ALWAYS did that even back during the Illusions tour.

Doesn't mean it isn't annoying. I've never seen anyone need so many breaks. And solos are boring, whether they be drum, bass, guitar or piano, they're boring. End of story!

And wasn't one of the solos done that night a Christina Aguilera song? Can't really do the Dio devil horns to that now can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

What a ridiculous post.

You thought it was poor because YOU were LATE and the band hit the stage ON TIME.

You thought it was poor because the gig was played in DAYLIGHT.

Big fan my hole.

In fairness playing in daylight, while minor, is a legitimate complaint. I saw AC/DC in both the o2 and punchestown last year and the o2 gig was quite a bit better, one of the reasons being it was dark when the band came on which added to the lighting and atmosphere, wheras the punchestown gig, it was still fairly bright when they came on (which obviously couldn't be helped since it was outdoors).
    Also during the illusions tour, I don't think people would have minded as much with axl's breaks as you would have been seeing the original line up wheras nowadays you're really just going to see Axl

I was at the AC/DC gig in Punchestown and had a great time. I couldn't give a toss whether it was day or night. Hell it was lashing at that gig and it was still brilliant.

I don't mind Axl going off the stage. The gig was brilliant regardless and their latest tour is getting great reviews.

People used to moan about the solo spots back in the day too you know. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I was at the AC/DC gig in Punchestown and had a great time. I couldn't give a toss whether it was day or night. Hell it was lashing at that gig and it was still brilliant.

Oh so did I, it wasn't a bad gig by any stretch of the imagination. Just the smaller O2 gig had a better atmosphere. But then I do think indoor gigs are generally better than outdoor (90% of the time anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭sabrewulf

Was the RDS sold out during on their last gig in Dublin?

• Advertisement

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Was the RDS sold out during on their last gig in Dublin?

No but there was a pretty big crowd all the same. They should sell out the O2.

Can someone pm me a presale code if they're not planning on using one, I might not get to use it before the presale ends, but if I could have one from a kind soul I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

doubt it, crowd wasn't that big at the RDS, i was in the stands looking down on it...I seen them in 1992, now that was a big crowd. And considering how badly they sucked the last time they were here i doubt it will sell out. Axl is more like Simply Red now... R.I.P G.N.R.

doubt it, crowd wasn't that big at the RDS, i was in the stands looking down on it...I seen them in 1992, now that was a big crowd. And considering how badly they sucked the last time they were here i doubt it will sell out. Axl is more like Simply Red now... R.I.P G.N.R.

i doubt it will sell out.

It probably won't sell out but not for the reasons you gave. There is no hype around the gig because gnr has no proper marketing behind them , no publicity in the media , no promotion ,no singles , no radio airplay etc etc .You need these to sell out gigs. Hype sells

Haters gonna hate. You are trying to compare the crowd at Slane to a crowd at the RDS :rolleyes:

There was plenty at the RDS. Is this what you call a small crowd?

sxt wrote: »
    It probably won't sell out but not for the reasons you gave. There is no hype around the gig because gnr has no proper marketing behind them , no publicity in the media , no promotion ,no singles , no radio airplay etc etc .You need these to sell out gigs. Hype sells

no marketing? I just heard an add on news talk 106 every hour for the gig. There are also full page adverts in nearly every paper and competition to win tickets left, right and centre...if that aint marketing, please explain what is?

Haters gonna hate. You are trying to compare the crowd at Slane to a crowd at the RDS :rolleyes:

There was plenty at the RDS. Is this what you call a small crowd?

There was "plenty"...yeah far from a sell out, and nice big gaps from what i could see...i'm not a hater, just a ex-fan who felt robbed after that gig...dodgy vocals, massive pointless solos, worst gig ive been to.

no marketing? I just heard an add on news talk 106 every hour for the gig. There are also full page adverts in nearly every paper and competition to win tickets left, right and centre...if that aint marketing, please explain what is?

I presume that is the mcd promoting their event ,not coming from Gun n roses.

• Advertisement

who do you think promotes the gigs? Haha! The band? Did you expect Axl to hand out flyers for the gig? MCD promoted the last two aswell. Where is the lack of marketing you are talking about? If GNR dont sell out it's down to the bad press and word of mouth of their performances...even on the bus back from the RDS the last time i heard fans complaining about it.

There was "plenty"...yeah far from a sell out, and nice big gaps from what i could see...i'm not a hater, just a ex-fan who felt robbed after that gig...dodgy vocals, massive pointless solos, worst gig ive been to.

It was very near to being sold out actually. Maybe it was a mistake to get seated tickets at a GNR concert. I was standing near the front and people were having a great time. Quit whining like a baby.

It was very near to being sold out actually. Maybe it was a mistake to get seated tickets at a GNR concert. I was standing near the front and people were having a great time. Quit whining like a baby.

haha sorry i upset you... No glad i had seated tickets, it was grand when Axl was doing his Elton John impressions, and when there were endless solos by guys who weren't in the original line up, i got to take a nap! "very near to being sold out"? Like its "very near to being the original line up"...there was loads of room at that gig!...i think my granny was up the front on her deck chair doing air guitar.

...even on the bus back from the RDS the last time i heard fans complaining about it.

It's easy for people to complain. They are promised this great gig, given little information about the band....when fans who post on GNR board sites are the only ones who know anything about the current line up etc...and then pay over the odds to see a band they vaguely want to see not perform to their personal expectations

I would be pissed myself, if I wasn't a Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose fan, if I didn't apprichate everyone in that band from Dizzy Reed to Chris Pittman. I would be pissed if I didn't even know the band have actually replaced two members since they last played in Dublin - but I do know this, and I hand over my money willingly, because I want to see this lineup perform this material - if you personally don't, you have the free choice not to go. And I support your decision.

All I ask is you stop trolling these boards with posts of disatisfaction saying that you felt betrayed, or let down, because Axl's performance was not up to standard - that this is NOT Guns N Roses because Steven Adler isn't behind the drums or because Duff McKagan won't be playing bass.

Legally, this band is called Guns N' Roses, end of story....if you don't want to go, don't, just don't ruin it for everyone else who does want to go:)

haha sorry i upset you... No glad i had seated tickets, it was grand when Axl was doing his Elton John impressions, and when there were endless solos by guys who weren't in the original line up, i got to take a nap! "very near to being sold out"? Like its "very near to being the original line up"...there was loads of room at that gig!...i think my granny was up the front on her deck chair doing air guitar.

Quit trolling. You made it clear you are not going and are not a fan of Guns N Roses.

This IS Guns N Roses. Axl owns the name legally. If you don't like that tough. The door is that way
    >

who do you think promotes the gigs? Haha! The band? Did you expect Axl to hand out flyers for the gig? MCD promoted the last two aswell. Where is the lack of marketing you are talking about? If GNR dont sell out it's down to the bad press and word of mouth of their performances...even on the bus back from the RDS the last time i heard fans complaining about it.

Axl doesn't do press or media in any form ,doesn't appear on tv shows ,doesn't promote his own album... A flyer or an add on the radio will let people know there is an event on, but it will not pursuade them to go to it.

I was at the front of that bus and all I heard were good things:p

• Advertisement

It's easy for people to complain. They are promised this great gig, given little information about the band....when fans who post on GNR board sites are the only ones who know anything about the current line up etc...and then pay over the odds to see a band they vaguely want to see not perform to their personal expectations

I would be pissed myself, if I wasn't a Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose fan, if I didn't apprichate everyone in that band from Dizzy Reed to Chris Pittman. I would be pissed if I didn't even know the band have actually replaced two members since they last played in Dublin - but I do know this, and I hand over my money willingly, because I want to see this lineup perform this material - if you personally don't, you have the free choice not to go. And I support your decision.

All I ask is you stop trolling these boards with posts of disatisfaction saying that you felt betrayed, or let down, because Axl's performance was not up to standard - that this is NOT Guns N Roses because Steven Adler isn't behind the drums or because Duff McKagan won't be playing bass.

Legally, this band is called Guns N' Roses, end of story....if you don't want to go, don't, just don't ruin it for everyone else who does want to go:)
    how is it trolling to express a point of view??? You just said you would be pissed if you didn't know who the line up was you were going to see...discussions like this might bring the negatives to some peoples attention who may feel its a waste of their money, ta-da! "Legally" they are "Guns N Roses"? What does the legality of trade marks have anything to do with it? Oh you missed Slash by the way.

I have a ticket to see Slash. Have you? This is a thread about this gig. If all you are going to do is moan then do it somewhere else.

sxt wrote: »
    Axl doesn't do press or media in any form ,doesn't appear on tv shows ,doesn't promote his own album... A flyer or an add on the radio will let people know there is an event on, but it will not pursuade them to go to it.

I was at the front of that bus and all I heard were good things:p
    so if tv, radio and all other media doesn't persuade people to go to gigs why does a very shrewd individual like Axl bother with MCD? how does Prince sell out shows? He doesn't do interviews either.

I have a ticket to see Slash. Have you? This is a thread about this gig. If all you are going to do is moan then do it somewhere else.
    Nope i don't have tickets for Slash, don't like his stuff. Yeah the thread is about the gig, i'm talking about my previous experiences of their gigs, so what? "moaning" "crying" whatever you want to call it:) you are the only one getting upset. Debate is healthy, try a little PATIENCE...did you like what i did there?:)

Nope i don't have tickets for Slash, don't like his stuff. Yeah the thread is about the gig, i'm talking about my previous experiences of their gigs, so what? "moaning" "crying" whatever you want to call it:) you are the only one getting upset. Debate is healthy, try a little PATIENCE...did you like what i did there?:)

You don't like Slash. You don't like this band. What are you doing in this thread then? Someone exactly like you was posting in a chat with Axl Rose over at mygnrforum.com a while back, constant carping and moaning. This was Axl's response.
    Axl Rose wrote:
    "Might as well start here... You're a little **** and since you've been posting you've pretty much always been a little ****. Blind accusations and insults by an anonymous coward and whiny **** stirrer aren't impressive or needed by anyone."

• Advertisement
Advertisement