Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TODAY FM.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Anyone hear the Woman who had a baby at Bessborough about 50 years ago on Matt Cooper? She was very in favour of the home and the nuns in general. No hard questions were asked of her though. Found it very strange. The piece was then used as a news headline for 5 o clock news.

I found it strange as when she was asked if she would have liked to keep her baby, she replied that society wouldnt let her. When she was asked if any of the other women wanted to keep their babies, she replied no, they wanted to give them up for adoption.

It felt to me like they searched for a woman who had good memories of the home and put her on despite the majority of former inmates/residents not painting such a rosy picture. I wonder how much pull the communications clinic and Terry Prone have at TodayFm considering Anton savage is the regular Last Word stand in. It always feels so wrong when he is standing in for Matt and discussing government issues when his firm represents Fine Gael regularly.

I know that I need to stop listening to this show as it really is a steaming pile now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Anyone hear the Woman who had a baby at Bessborough about 50 years ago on Matt Cooper? She was very in favour of the home and the nuns in general. No hard questions were asked of her though. Found it very strange. The piece was then used as a news headline for 5 o clock news.

Yep I heard her. Its the second radio interview I've heard this week not slating the nuns.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

Anyone else listening to early breakfast with Teresanne these days? I haven't heard her before but I like her in that slot. Anyone know if she is doing the show full time or just filling in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

jvc wrote: »
    Anyone else listening to early breakfast with Teresanne these days? I haven't heard her before but I like her in that slot. Anyone know if she is doing the show full time or just filling in?

I'd say she's just filling in. Or maybe trying out? She left Beat102-103 for Spin a while back. She was very good whenever I heard her on Beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Teresanne was on one of the bank holiday Mondays recently, so maybe she will get a slot somewhere in time? From what I heard of her, she's very good. I'm enjoying weekends on Today FM, particularly Friday and Saturday nights (when I get to hear). It's nice not having four hours of football on a Saturday afternoon as well. It's a shame that it will be returning in the next couple of months or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Going back to the original post, I do think we should have that whipround. Not even night time escapes the day playlist anymore. The same 5 songs over and over, everyday, till you get so sick of them you begin making deals with Satan to take away your hearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have you tried changing radio station :)

Anyone know what the craic is with Tony Fenton? I've not heard him in ages, nearly every other late or weekend DJ filling in for him. I'm kinda missing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Anyone know what the craic is with Tony Fenton? I've not heard him in ages, nearly every other late or weekend DJ filling in for him. I'm kinda missing him.

He hasn't been on for ages. I believe he returned for one show a few weeks ago and was gone again the next day. Poor guy must be battling his illness again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Didn't know he was still off, I was fed up of 2 door cinema club, The Boss and the daily prostrating by Tony on the alter of U bloody 2.

Hope he's ok though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Synode wrote: »
    Have you tried changing radio station :)

I do that, but sometimes I'd have it on in the background, and I notice the same trend still there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The afternoon isn't the same without Tony. :(

I'd imagine he won't be back though. I'd say when D+D come in September his show will be given to Louise Duffy, he might be moved to weekends or something.

Really hope that if it is illness that's keeping him away that he's alright. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    +1 for Nordy and Shauna. Got a chance to listen ot the show the full way through there the last night, and for two people that have never (to my knowledge) actually presented a show before, they're doing a smashing job.

listening now to these 2. they are just crap, are they meaning to be this bad??.

they don't know half the 90s songs they are playing!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    The afternoon isn't the same without Tony. :(

I'd imagine he won't be back though. I'd say when D+D come in September his show will be given to Louise Duffy, he might be moved to weekends or something.

Really hope that if it is illness that's keeping him away that he's alright. :\

I miss him too. He's easy to listen too in work, don't mind his music choices that much (although I do agree, he does have a particular penchant for two door cinema club). I love his small talk with contestants, and most of them all seem to really like him, probably cos they grew up listening to liveline on 2FM picking their songs outta the list in the Herald... good times :)

I hope that his illness hasn't come back either, I was just curious cos I haven't heard him for ages now. I don't mind his stand ins, but he's like Larry Gogan, loveable aul soul that I grew up listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

probably cos they grew up listening to liveline on 2FM

that would be the 'Hotline'!

that would be the 'Hotline'!

Feck yeah, that's it... was just reading about liveline, was in me head.

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

listening now to these 2. they are just crap, are they meaning to be this bad??.

they don't know half the 90s songs they are playing!

I dunno, I like them. Probably helps that I've been listening to Nordy on TRFS all these years and Shauna on the short-lived NTN podcasts so I like their personalities.

I would say that the show needs polish. It sounds very... student radio-ish right now. But I'm willing to cut them some slack on that because, to my knowledge at least, they've never been lead presenters on a show before so it's going to take time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mondo 088

Any truth to the rumour that Tony has been suspended from today fm?

FFS man, shame on you

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Tony is fighting cancer again that's why he is not on Nothing to do with suspension terrible rumour to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

snip

Phil Cawley has mentioned many times he's in for Tony and is still doing all Tonys features! Total nonsence from you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wasn't creating a rumour, just Googled his name to see why he's still off and one of the top items mentioned him being arrested.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

That 'single' article that came up on the Googely search is from a 'student type' website/blog and it all looks rather a bit malicious...
    The dangers of anon/user/blog generated journalism... tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Wasn't creating a rumour, just Googled his name to see why he's still off and one of the top items mentioned him being arrested.

Seriously, I can't believe you don't realise that article was from a "joke" website. At no point does it look like a serious report.

Also, it was written by "Prawo Jazdy" ie the polish for Driving Licence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Skid X wrote: »
    Seriously, I can't believe you don't realise that article was from a "joke" website. At no point does it look like a serious report.

Also, it was written by "Prawo Jazdy" ie the polish for Driving Licence :rolleyes:

Well that's why I asked if there was any truth to the story.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Well that's why I asked if there was any truth to the story.

This is a radio forum. No more truth or rumour posts about Tony. He's other things to concentrate on at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

Is Louise Duffy been replaced on the lunchtime show. Dermot and Dave are on it now, I thought they might be just filling in but seems they have a big ad campaign around there show, which would suggest otherwise.

Dazzler88 wrote: »
    Is Louise Duffy been replaced on the lunchtime show. Dermot and Dave are on it now, I thought they might be just filling in but seems they have a big ad campaign around there show, which would suggest otherwise.

They replaced her. She's filling in for Tony Fenton for a few weeks once she's back from holidays, but it hasn't been confirmed if/when she's getting a permanent slot yet.

Dazzler88 wrote: »

She's been moved to Tonys Slot, whether that's a permanent thing or not I don't know. Hope not, I kinda miss Tony in the PMs, but maybe he want's to come back to a reduced schedule, and god knows he's be entitled to that dear love him. I think he's likely to be in on the weekends or summit. I've always have a soft spot for him, so I hope after he recovers he's back on the airwaves overplaying Vampire Weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Listen Live feature is a fcuking nightmare for me today, anybody else?

It's looping on itself all week, especially this morning, but now there is a sort of garbled interference coming through which is making it difficult to listen to.

• Advertisement

Brendão wrote: »
    Listen Live feature is a fcuking nightmare for me today, anybody else?

It's looping on itself all week, especially this morning, but now there is a sort of garbled interference coming through which is making it difficult to listen to.

Has been like that since last week. Drove me so crazy I switched to RTE

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement