Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due August 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Ahhhh that's great news llambert!!!!
    You have a definite end in sight :)
    Totally wishing I could say the same. I sound like a 90 year old tryin to stand or walk or turn I'm bed or get off the toilet! !!

Anyone else's feet sore? From yest eve I've an awful pain in both feet just under the crease of the toes from side to side. The skin is really hard too. I'm guessing it's all from uneven weight distribution. And the fact that all I have that fits me is freekin crocs. So so attractive!!!!

Wooohoooooooo for you again llambert x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

That's great news for you llambert!

My feet are very swollen today I am bursting out of my pumps.

Appointment went well everything looks good baby still head down and they are going to do a sweep next Friday at 39weeks. Apparently they now don't want me to go over my due date so going start the process next week.

Feel like getting one of those signs saying "the end is nigh"

God. Best hubby ever

This is what I'm doing right now... Bliss

Staticdoor - I want one and I want one now!

Kaylami wrote: »
    Staticdoor - I want one and I want one now!

You can have him if you want. I've got what I want now haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

So we'll be racing each other Kaylami to see who gets in first!!! I hope its you cos you've been pregnant longer :-)

Static you're a brat showing off. All I cos send is a picture of my sexy surgery socks but I don't think anyone would envy them.

Today I would have given my right boob for a lovely bottle of cold budweiser, I want sooooo badly :-(

Jealous??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Jeez it was tough in the heat today ladies! 27deg here in the west. Had a 2 hr afternoon nap, hubby had to wake me, was like a zombie for another hour!
    My feet were like elephants during first pregnancy but not really swollen this time, weird how some things are different second time.
    Finished work now, yippee! Got a cert for my last 10 days as I'm incredibly uncomfortable and sore when sitting for more than 15mins, need to be walking or lying down, pain in my ribs.

We're really on the countdown now, expecting to see baby news here any time I log on.
    How're you all doing with baby names? We have a short list of about 6 but none of them are jumping out at me. Very difficult to agree on anything between us!

Ah now ladies how can I compete with these pictures?!

Those are some seriously sexy socks!
    And oh has been informed tomorrow I want a foot spa.

Your a bad influence on me ladies normally I wouldn't make demands like this....

Cramps are really bad at the minute I can't sleep with the pain.

Llambert the race is on! No now that they have given me an end date I'm really scared! I kinda blocked out that labour hurts! Ha ha.

Hi emerb

The heat was horrendous today I'm like the elephant mans younger (sexier) brother.

As soon as I finished in the hospital I took the bra off - classy yes?

I know so exciting these little ones could all start arriving soon.

We've names picked but I want to have a look at her before we decide. Although everyone keeps sayin I'm having a boy so that could throw quite a spanner in the works lol.

• Advertisement

Awww those socks are the sexiest thING I've seen today. By far!!!

I too would also have murdered a cool bottle of Miller. Sounds divine! !! My sis is out of the piss in a lovely local beer garden. Hate her so much right now :)

Yeah it's scarey that it's all over bar the screaming so to speak. And bring it on!!!!!

We've picked noah for our boy *even tho I dreamt I had him and it was a girl...but my scan pic is pretty inconclusive* plus to sweeten the deal I recently remembered it's mister bubbleys sons name so it works for me haha plus our daughter now says goodnight to baby noah every night so it would just be unfair to confuse her :)

Washed and dried all the rest of the unisex stuff I had kept from when she was born. .. now I've a massive suitcase of girls clothes.. I'm such a hoarder! !!!!

Ha girlies I knew yee would only be jealous!!

Yes its definitely getting scary time. I need to get my head around the fact that come Tues wk we'll go from a couple to a family of 4.

We've about 7 names for girls and boys but think I'll make up my mind when I see them . We're looking at short names cos our surname is abit long to have a long first name.

Great that you're finished up work emer_ b. Try relax now as much as possible.

Oh my god I love Noah that's what I wanted if we ever had a boy and what I wouldn't do to Mr Michael buble given half the chance - I'd love to chain him up and make him serenade me.

That will be a big change llambert but you'll be fine. I'll have 3 under 6 and probably won't be able to wait to go back to work. I'll abandon himself first chance I get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I have about 5 or 6 names picked, also going to wait til baby is born to decide. Hubby is ok with all of them but he'll leave it up to me I'd say. He vetoed one a while ago alright coz it's my name in irish and apparently it's narcissistic to name the child after yourself, Hmph!
    Weather forecast for this week looks good ladies ...20 or 21 degrees most days. Sounds a helluva lot better than 27 or 28 !! I might even get to the beach this week as I'm finally after making some headway with the baby stuff. That labour bag nearly broke me! (emotionally...)

Oh 20degrees lovely and cold!

Sounds great!

I know what you mean about the bag I've been randomly putting things in the car boot that I think I might need. Sure it's close enough.

Painted my kitchen and sitting room this weekend house is all lovely now for visitors!

Oh yes bring on the cooler weather!!!!

2 weeks done, all going to plan another 2 wks and we'll be all going home.

Seriously fed up now. Today feel very uncomfortable. My hips are killing me and the weight of my bump is not fun. Sent pics to my sis who felt sorry for me for been so pregnant. Haven't had a scan in 2 wks do hoping I'll get one 2moro.

We've told family and friends that I'm been sectioned a day later then I am, don't want them worrying. Hubby thinks I'm been selfish not telling the truth. Turns out his parents are coming up the 6th (day they think I'm having the babies). He has no experience of anyone close to him having babies. I'm tried explaining that I'm going to be very emotional, sore and I need some time to try get to grips with breast feeling and I don't think its too much to have the first day just us. Plus if they end up in special baby unit I'll be in a worst state & we'll be the only ones allowed in. My mother is coming till the second day for that reason and in all honesty shes the only one I'd want.

I've said my piece but we didn't actually come to any agreement. I don't know, am I been unfair????

Kaylami I'm seriously jealous of your energy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

llambert wrote: »
    Oh yes bring on the cooler weather!!!!

2 weeks done, all going to plan another 2 wks and we'll be all going home.

Seriously fed up now. Today feel very uncomfortable. My hips are killing me and the weight of my bump is not fun. Sent pics to my sis who felt sorry for me for been so pregnant. Haven't had a scan in 2 wks do hoping I'll get one 2moro.

We've told family and friends that I'm been sectioned a day later then I am, don't want them worrying. Hubby thinks I'm been selfish not telling the truth. Turns out his parents are coming up the 6th (day they think I'm having the babies). He has no experience of anyone close to him having babies. I'm tried explaining that I'm going to be very emotional, sore and I need some time to try get to grips with breast feeling and I don't think its too much to have the first day just us. Plus if they end up in special baby unit I'll be in a worst state & we'll be the only ones allowed in. My mother is coming till the second day for that reason and in all honesty shes the only one I'd want.

I've said my piece but we didn't actually come to any agreement. I don't know, am I been unfair????

Kaylami I'm seriously jealous of your energy!!

I totally understand your feelings, especially when you're going through such a worrying time already. On my last few sections I had parents, in-laws and my granny land in on top of me before the spinal wore off at all. I remember them staring at me in the bed and me exhausted and not able to move. Not fun at all. So I sympathise completely. You will need time and rest and privacy.

Thanks morebabies.

If all else fails I'll have a sneaky word with the midwife and tell her to say no visitors. I really don't care. It would be different if we had a close relationship but we don't. They only want to get in ahead of my parents. They see it as a competition.

I laugh cos seemingly anything they can do its no bother. Our dog has been down in my parents last 2 wks. They've said they can share the minding of him but not once have they rang my parents to offer to take him, but its all so they can tell their friends. Just rattling my nerves now and making me sound very childish!!

I completely understand about the visitors. I didn't mind my own parents and siblings calling last time but I think I'm going to ask that none of my siblings partners visit this time. It's so tough trying to get started with breastfeeding and looking like sh!te without having to deal with an audience.

Some serious baby squirming going on these nights. It's fascinating to watch every time. Myself and my husband just sit there staring at my belly jumping all over the place. Must take a video of it.

Llambert your totally right as more babies said I remember them all landing to visit and I was whacked out of it tryin to breastfeed and a hormonal wreck.

Maybe tell your oh the mw recommended it?

Don't be jealous of my energy I'm exhausted but I just felt like baby wouldn't come untill it was done?

Emerb - the movements are so strange now she is giving me a awful case of lightning crotch this evening!

• Advertisement

Thanks morebabies.

If all else fails I'll have a sneaky word with the midwife and tell her to say no visitors. I really don't care. It would be different if we had a close relationship but we don't. They only want to get in ahead of my parents. They see it as a competition.

I laugh cos seemingly anything they can do its no bother. Our dog has been down in my parents last 2 wks. They've said they can share the minding of him but not once have they rang my parents to offer to take him, but its all so they can tell their friends. Just rattling my nerves now and making me sound very childish!!

If they're like that when it comes to the dog, wait til the babies arrive! Do they live a fair distance from you did you say? My in-laws are just down the road and take the kids even when I don't want them to, yes really, even when i'm standing there saying "we have other plans". Again like yours, just so they can say to their friends, "oh we are so busy minding the grandchildren you know"... :mad:

Morebabies I feel your pain we used to live just around the corner from oh family - they would just arrive and take the kids round to theirs at all hours.

I showed them in the end I got a new job and moved 2 full county's away. It's bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Hi ladies, glad all going as well as possible for everyone.

Your chat about visitors has put the fear in me. My other half has a large and wonderfully close family, all of whom are absolutely lovely but from what I can recall from their most recent arrivals, they seem to have a custom of vast gatherings of them all arriving en masse, with their partners and kids, for several weekends in a row to admire the baby and pass him/her around endlessly, saying things like "my turn now" or "did you get your go yet?" To be honest, I am such a private person that the thought of it stresses me out. I'd much rather lots of private time for us as a family of three for the first while, with minimal visiting. He is already genuinely shocked that I don't want him texting all the in laws to tell them when I go into labour (???!) so I have no idea how to even broach this one. His family dynamic is so completely opposite to mine that we are each regularly bewildered by the other's relationships with parents/siblings.

But hey, if that's all I have to worry about, presumably all has gone well so maybe I'm stressing over nothing.

And otherwise this part of the pregnancy is going great, thank heavens for the cooler weather today, blissful.

fiona-f wrote: »
    Your chat about visitors has put the fear in me. My other half has a large and wonderfully close family, all of whom are absolutely lovely but from what I can recall from their most recent arrivals, they seem to have a custom of vast gatherings of them all arriving en masse, with their partners and kids, for several weekends in a row to admire the baby and pass him/her around endlessly, saying things like "my turn now" or "did you get your go yet?" To be honest, I am such a private person that the thought of it stresses me out. I'd much rather lots of private time for us as a family of three for the first while, with minimal visiting. He is already genuinely shocked that I don't want him texting all the in laws to tell them when I go into labour (???!) so I have no idea how to even broach this one. His family dynamic is so completely opposite to mine that we are each regularly bewildered by the other's relationships with parents/siblings.

I'd be a very private person too, I very much need my personal space - maybe we should start a nationwide campaign banning in-laws from maternity wards!

Hey morebabies no they are 3 and half hours away but live close enough to my parents. They say my parents didn't ring but most normal people would ring up saying do you want me to take him for a few days.

My FIL doesn't really like kids so hoping that he'll soon tire of visiting which means MIL can't visit cos she doesn't drive. He loves to be wined and dined so won't like sitting around the house. Wishful thinking away!!

Girls put my name down I shall definitely be out on the picket line!!

Just bk from scan. No move in placenta so definite section. I'm 36+1 but definitely feel cooked!! Right big babies 6lb 5 and 6lb. No wonder I'm feeling the pressure!! More steroids thurs & Fri so fingers crossed these will be well hardy and spend little or no time in special babies unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Its hard to know what way we will stand with our families visiting! Mine are 5km away but hardly call and partners family are only around the corner but are usually really good with ringing first etc, we'd call into them more than the other way around.... this could all very well change as its the 1st grandchild on both sides!! Future sister in law has taking her weeks holidays the end of August to help me apparently, actually think she'll be the worst offender with overvisiting:) Hospital limits visits to just grandparents, think its 2hours in the evening! Really hope breast feeding works out, its an excuse to not hand baby over to a room of random visitors:)

llambert - the babies are great sizes, especially for twins, my friends twins were similar weights born at 36weeks I think and didnt have to go to SBU so fingers crossed your little bundles will be the same:)

My feet are back to normal, woohooo!! My finace wont let me walk the dog now though in case they get as bad again (had cut it down to 2miles), in fairness they were huge, but was probably just the heat & overdoing it a little... hope everyone elses have deflated a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

I'm living with my
    Mam & Dad now til Xmas. Was just saying to my mother this morn that I think it's a bit much visiting a new baby on the day it's born!! I mean I actually think that's ridiculous and shocking that anyone would even think of doing that. The mother needs to rest, it's called 'labour' for a reason like!

Girls put my name down I shall definitely be out on the picket line!!

Just bk from scan. No move in placenta so definite section. I'm 36+1 but definitely feel cooked!! Right big babies 6lb 5 and 6lb. No wonder I'm feeling the pressure!! More steroids thurs & Fri so fingers crossed these will be well hardy and spend little or no time in special babies unit.

That sounds like a brilliant weight for your pair of babies. While obv a section is not your first choice, it's probably good to have that certainty now and you can know now for sure. Hope steriods do their job and all will be well.

• Advertisement

I always thought the nesting urge was just a myth, that pregnant women only clean stuff because they won't have time to clean/organise after the birth.
    However, today I felt the need to wash the washing machine. I may have lost the plot at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

emer_b wrote: »
    I always thought the nesting urge was just a myth, that pregnant women only clean stuff because they won't have time to clean/organise after the birth.
    However, today I felt the need to wash the washing machine. I may have lost the plot at last!

Lol, you're not alone. I nearly cried over the dirty skirting boards last week.

I also completely reorganised the utility room, refolded all the towels and sheets, moved the Christmas decorations. And I have a mental list of jobs to get done before the weekend.
    I guess not a myth after all!

Hi ladies!

Hope your all enjoying the cooler weather.

That's a great weight for the twins llambert!

Judging by the pressure I'm feeling I'm estimating my baby will weigh about a ton.

I wish nesting was a myth emerb I just can't stop!

In my quest to evict little madam I have painted 2 rooms,have a kitchen floor you can eat off and just today when my poor husband was tryin to persuade me to have a little bit of loving I came out with "but what colour will we paint the hall?"

I think he's goin to divorce me....

I feel ya on the pressure. Feels like I'm carrying a whale

I also feel quite sick the last two days and just generally not myself...

Roll on d day!!!!

Staticdoor hope you feel better soon.

Is anyone else over analysing every little cramp? I'm driving myself mad thinking is this it?!?

• Advertisement

Staticdoor hope you feel better soon.

Is anyone else over analysing every little cramp? I'm driving myself mad thinking is this it?!?

Every single twinge cramp crotch shock etc... you name it I've questioned it!!!
    Your defo not alone in that drive to crazy land :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ah girls very excited for you all...I analysed every cramp and pain and think now I did have contractions on and off week before I was induced but when the real thing starts they do feel.more definite if that makes sense!

Just to say for visitors...the wards are very loud so youll quickly start running on empty so use what the visiting rules state as a genuine excuse which is that visitors should only be 20 mins!

Youll be as high as a kite but remember youll be tired, sore, very warm, bleeding heavily and if you breastfeed youll need to feed a lot(i needed help loads from midwife too with latching issues) and youll need more privacy for that!

It's emotional too...I hated my fiance having to leave at night:-(

Woke up this morning with no voice, sore ears and a tummy bug.

I'm so over being pregnant I know it's terrible but I just want my body back - I don't want to pee every 5 minutes, I want to run around with my girls, I'm tired of eating Rennie from morning till night!

I'm sorry for ranting but every day feels like a lifetime at this stage.

I'm goin to stay in bed read my book and eat my weight in confectionary and tomorrow is a new day!

Woke up this morning with no voice, sore ears and a tummy bug.

I'm so over being pregnant I know it's terrible but I just want my body back - I don't want to pee every 5 minutes, I want to run around with my girls, I'm tired of eating Rennie from morning till night!

I'm sorry for ranting but every day feels like a lifetime at this stage.

I'm goin to stay in bed read my book and eat my weight in confectionary and tomorrow is a new day!

I hear ya!!! :(

My DARLING daughter was awake from 1 am till 5am. Screaming that she doesn't like the cot any more

If all the times to start this ****. I'm in bed since 11 my sister came over to watch her

GET OUT BABYYYYYYYYYYYY

Oh ladies that's not a nice day ye are having. Just pregnancy is enough without any other crap to deal with.
    Hope you both get some rest and have a better day tomorrow x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Baby girl (unnamed as of yet as we were both so shattered!!) born last night, 10 days early and weighing 7lbs 12oz, in Holles st.

Found the experience a bit of a rollercoaster but once the epidural kicked in, it was a complete pleasure.

staff were amazingly wonderful from start to finish :D

Now trying to catch 40 winks on the post natal ward.. Hoping for rapid discharge and my own glorious leaba later.

Love and strength to you all! Be prepared for the PUUUUUUUSH at the end!

Trilogy wrote: »
    Baby girl (unnamed as of yet as we were both so shattered!!) born last night, 10 days early and weighing 7lbs 12oz, in Holles st.

Found the experience a bit of a rollercoaster but once the epidural kicked in, it was a complete pleasure.

staff were amazingly wonderful from start to finish :D

Now trying to catch 40 winks on the post natal ward.. Hoping for rapid discharge and my own glorious leaba later.

Love and strength to you all! Be prepared for the PUUUUUUUSH at the end!

Oh wow congratulations, first of the August babies, how exciting! And what a great weight. Enjoy every minute and best wishes.

Woohoo the 1st baby has arrived:) Congrats Trilogy! Hope your making a swift recovery & baby is doing well x

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

Thanks guys! Xx

Arrivals
    Trilogy Holles Street Born July 30th Girl

Ladies in waiting
    Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Kaylami Aug 8th Drogheda Girl
    llambert Aug 10th Galway Twin Surprise
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

Congratulations Trilogy, oohh how exciting the first of the arrivals x x

Kaylami hope your feeling better and over that bug. Never nice to get but certainly not at this stage of the game :-(

Static hope you caught up on your sleep and your little one had decided to like her cot. Maybe she realises there's about to be a major change??

I wish I was at home to do all the nesting. I do be sitting here thinking of all the stuff I have to do at home. I suppose though life will go on whether its done or not!!

Have steriod shots to look forward to today and tomorrow. Stingy bum!!

Talking to my doc this morning. Twins who get to 37 wks only have an 8-10% chance of ending up in SB unit so that's fairly good so big relief.

I've found my nesting instinct has kicked in enough for me to be hyper-aware if all the jobs that need to be done, but not quite enough to actually be productive and do anything! So I'm inspecting hidden corners for cobwebs but not doing anything about them. Would be better to be oblivious, I think.

Congrats trilogy!!!!! Delighted for ye :) but also so so jealous haha

Caught up on the sleep thank god. Feeling and looking a lot less like the walking dead.

Yeah she slept no problem in the cot last night. I dunno wtffffffff was wrong with her. Hopefully it was just a bad dream or something. I don't think she's ready for a bed yet. She was sideways like a star fish in my bed.. She's likeen her mother..A major sleep mover!

So I'm guessing from here on in we can expect a baby every couple of days!!!! So exciting!!!! So close to getting our bodies and ability to move without sounding 90 back :)

Good luck with steroids today llambert x

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Oh wow Trilogy! Congratulations!

Congratulations Trilogy, great news. Has got me thinking about an early arrival, I'm so not psyched up to go early!

Are any of you taking anything stronger (prescription) than Gaviscon for heartburn? Acid has just been ridiculous for the last 2 days, really bad, making my mouth water. And every food/drink makes it worse. Might ask my gp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement