Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

pauleoin wrote: »

I would be a big fan of THL phones, recently picked up a T200 (6inch 2gb/32gb Octacore), the battery size might add to the weight of the unit and I think the battery is 'not removable' so am not sure if a replacement can be got (or if the not removable is correct).

Make sure it is available before you pay for it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would be a big fan of THL phones, recently picked up a T200 (6inch 2gb/32gb Octacore), the battery size might add to the weight of the unit and I think the battery is 'not removable' so am not sure if a replacement can be got (or if the not removable is correct).

Weight of 140g if correct is less than my current phone Lenovo A830 165g, also battery does seem to be removable, product video here see from 9:00 in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vguhGWri9oA

Probably wont buy until next month so hopefully there will be more stores selling and more definite information. DX.com have a package deal shipping after the 25/7 http://www.dx.com/p/presale-thl-5000mah-octa-core-android-4-4-2-wcdma-bar-phone-w-5-0-334403#.U843gkBdt48

Thanks

Devicespecifications has it listed as a non-removable battery, but would be suprised if that was correct.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/446a2c93

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

pauleoin wrote: »

I have been waiting for this phone to be released for what seems like an eternity.

It has been listed on Etotalk presale for a while and was supposed to be in stock mid July.

It has great spec for the money.

From what I read it is going to be released with 4.2 not kitkat :mad:

Battery is removable from what I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Barr wrote: »
    I have been waiting for this phone to be released for what seems like an eternity.

It has been listed on Etotalk presale for a while and was supposed to be in stock mid July.

It has great spec for the money.

From what I read it is going to be released with 4.2 not kitkat :mad:

Battery is removable from what I understand.

Yeah it's based on KitKat... it's probably not a good idea to buy any MTK based phones of you want updated firmware and proper customised Roms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

What's wrong with KitKat on the 5000?

accap1f8 wrote: »
    What's wrong with KitKat on the 5000?

1st link states OS: Android 4.4.2(Based on Android 4.4 KitKat)

What is the GPS like on the T200?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Just smashed the screen on my Nubia Z5s mini and I am devastated. Does any one know of any where in Ireland that would do screen repairs for this? I'm based in Waterford. I can send it back apparently and pay them to fix it but I went through hell and back getting them to deliver this phone (took 5 and a half weeks) and I don't want to go through that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Think that might be your only option tbh, I only see one place on Google selling the replacement part and they're out of stock, might be better to just buy a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Or send that off for repair, buy a new phone then sell your least favourite one when the other one comes back, Id say sending something to China, waiting for a repair and return postage will take the guts of 3 months though.

thanks for the quick reply. It will be a while before I can afford to buy another as I had just booked a holiday to Ibiza about 4 minutes before it happened.

90sBla wrote: »
    Just smashed the screen on my Nubia Z5s mini and I am devastated. Does any one know of any where in Ireland that would do screen repairs for this? I'm based in Waterford. I can send it back apparently and pay them to fix it but I went through hell and back getting them to deliver this phone (took 5 and a half weeks) and I don't want to go through that again.

Is this it?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-New-4-7-inch-ZTE-Nubia-Z5s-mini-nx403a-smartphone-touch-Screen-Touch-Panel-Glass/1883342144.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

So any idea when would be the best time to try get the Mi4 or Mi3 now? Should I still hold off? Badly in need of a new phone!

Barr wrote: »
    What is the GPS like on the T200?

Bang on, just tried it out there on a short spin and it never missed a turn, no drifting off course at all. I usually use Sygic for the satnav function, but google maps worked perfectly.

Bang on, just tried it out there on a short spin and it never missed a turn, no drifting off course at all. I usually use Sygic for the satnav function, but google maps worked perfectly.

Sweet .... great to hear the octocore is an improvement over the older MTK chips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

My Star S4 was stuck in dublin, status now changed to On Route to Customer, should it be with me tomorrow?

T-Bird wrote: »
    Is this it?

Yes that's the one - If I bought that and took it into one of the repair shops in town, they might do it? I wouldn't trust myself at all - I just watched a video on how to do it and I'd definitely feck it up!

Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Most businesses won't touch a Chinese device. Maybe try some of the rougher repair shops you see around?

Sam Mac wrote: »
    My Star S4 was stuck in dublin, status now changed to On Route to Customer, should it be with me tomorrow?

Mine arrived first thing this morning, did not even get to check the tracking this morning!!

• Advertisement

Mine arrived first thing this morning, did not even get to check the tracking this morning!!

Mine arrived today too - no customs! How about you? any customs?

phone bezel a bit scratched up bit I can get over that.

how can I remove any malware from the phone? is there a way to scan it?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Fluxfan

Hi guys,

I want to buy my first chinese android phone. I've been looking over this thread for the past few weeks but still a bit confused and don't want to waste my money as Im not very techy. I currently have an S4 but its after breaking so I need to get a new phone. However - I am moving out of the country and do therefore do not want to sign a new contract. I went to look for an unlocked phone but the prices are crazy. I wont be able to sign up to a contract in my new country as I wont have a credit rating. I really really, REALLY don't want to just go and buy a crappy slow phone on PAYG as its all I can afford, so China is the way to go I reckon.

Can anyone recommend a phone that might be similar speed/storage to the S4? My budget would be about €250 I reckon. I was looking at the cubot x6 and a couple of others but Im just getting more and more confused!

Thanks in advance, newbie would appreciate the advice A LOT!! :)

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Mine arrived today too - no customs! How about you? any customs?

phone bezel a bit scratched up bit I can get over that.

how can I remove any malware from the phone? is there a way to scan it?

No customs, no malware (scan with Eset), looks good for the price have yet to test the GPS though!!

ppcperson wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I want to buy my first chinese android phone. I've been looking over this thread for the past few weeks but still a bit confused and don't want to waste my money as Im not very techy. I currently have an S4 but its after breaking so I need to get a new phone. However - I am moving out of the country and do therefore do not want to sign a new contract. I went to look for an unlocked phone but the prices are crazy. I wont be able to sign up to a contract in my new country as I wont have a credit rating. I really really, REALLY don't want to just go and buy a crappy slow phone on PAYG as its all I can afford, so China is the way to go I reckon.

Can anyone recommend a phone that might be similar speed/storage to the S4? My budget would be about €250 I reckon. I was looking at the cubot x6 and a couple of others but Im just getting more and more confused!

Moto G ?

or maybe this :

http://www.mixeshop.com/thl-t11-mtk6592-octa-core-50-inch-gorilla-glass-hd-screen-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-android-42-nfc-otg-smartphone_p3692.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

So, where can I order the Mi4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

No customs, no malware (scan with Eset), looks good for the price have yet to test the GPS though!!

What's the build and model number on it?

did you notice that the panel on the right hand side is wider than the left (the black going around the actual screen)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hi guys,

I'd suggest the Mi3 or even wait to see how much the Mi4 will cost, I'd imagine it'll be a little more than £250 though.
    The lenovo k910 is a great 5.5 inch option.

Does anyone here have the Lenovo K910 as a matter of interest?

I would be great to hear from someone with hands on experience of the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Hi guys,

Theres alot of options for that money so rather than giving you the usual suggestions you should just look at the specs of the S4 and compare it to the chinese phones on any of the sites weve talked about

Yous should be looking at
    a screen that is 1920 x1080,(Size is up to you)
    at least 2 gigs of RAM,
    Ideally a Snapdragon quadcore processor (Or mediatek octacore processor if needs be)
    At least a 13MP back camera
    You should look for one that has Kitkat or will get updated to that.

If you've read the thread you should be able to find a few phones that fit the requirements you need

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement