Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ghost Rider, Doom, Firebrand Chun and Hulk all look interesting to me right now.

I should be able to cobble a team together out of that lot, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

They seem to be taking a lot of complaints into consideration.

I had thought the rush down characters were going to get nerfed across the board after seeing mags speed nerf but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also can phoenix super cancel in the air now after an air fireball? Seeing as she only has one action.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Also can phoenix super cancel in the air now after an air fireball? Seeing as she only has one action.

I don't think it works like that, doom can do 3 plasmas and 1 finger laser in a jump, but the order doesn't matter (like, after a finger laser you can still plasma).

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I like the look of She Hulks new stop sign swing thing. She should have an armoured move tbh and i'm glad she got one.. she IS a hulk after all...

Her Run stance B (Clothesline) is already an armoured move.

Morrigan's new meter draining fireball sounds interesting. If she can fly cancel this fireball as well she could be really useful against Phoenix teams.

Onion you dropping She-Hulk? She doesnt seem to be getting many nerfs, and the TAC glitch being removed doesnt affect her that much since she has combos that can do just as much damage without it.

Cant remember where or who but someone said Tron is in serious need of buffs if her assist got nerfed but I think she'll be grand, with her assist nerfed she makes a good point character now, with assists to cover her approach and actually combo off her command grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Time to start learning super skrull again I think. Meteor smash in air whould allow for some pressure/get out of jail free card from a messed up move.

And Sent drones being faster so it a proper block string is a god send

edit: WOW, Wesker losing 200k health. That has to be a kick in the teeth for wesker players. But then again I'm learning sent atm so I know the pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I don't think it works like that, doom can do 3 plasmas and 1 finger laser in a jump, but the order doesn't matter (like, after a finger laser you can still plasma).

Pheonix can't though.

They've nerfed her so she can only do one action. So I would assume this would prevent her from super-cancelling.

Also Hardter are sent drones faster? I thought it was startup that got buffed not the drone speed?

Well it says creates a proper block string so i guess the drones are faster

Faster drones is more of a nerf than a buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

GorySnake wrote: »
    Faster drones is more of a nerf than a buff.

Is it a proper blockstring now??? That would just ruin the assist..

I heard it was just faster startup. And it looked that way from the stream.

Im pretty sure I saw strider mixup between drones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah if the drones are a proper blockstring that's a pretty clear nerf imo.

• Advertisement

Is it a proper blockstring now???

According to that Neogaf link, it is

Man that sucks. Thats all that made his assist good.

Clear nerf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sentinel has slightly less health. Very slight, probably dropped him down from 910,000 to 900,000

That made my day off event hubs
    I thought he needed a buff but we'll see what happens before launch

Very curious to see how Nemesis develops

Heres the link if yeas haven;t seen already

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/30/new-strategy-guide-umvc3-works-character-changes/

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

GorySnake wrote: »
    Her Run stance B (Clothesline) is already an armoured move.

Onion you dropping She-Hulk? She doesnt seem to be getting many nerfs, and the TAC glitch being removed doesnt affect her that much since she has combos that can do just as much damage without it.

Run stance B is indeed armoured but because it hits high it rarely actually does anything cause if people see you running across the screen at them they generally couch block for fear or A slide. I still haven't come up with a legit non-combo use for that move.
    Cant remember where or who but someone said Tron is in serious need of buffs if her assist got nerfed but I think she'll be grand, with her assist nerfed she makes a good point character now, with assists to cover her approach and actually combo off her command grab.

Dwy already tried this approach and he didn't get very far. I'll still be looking to play the now better She-Hulk up front so she doesn't look like she'll be getting back onto my team. Which is a pity because I do really love playing her and she's made some mad comebacks for me. Ask Doyler :P

Some UMvC3 footage from Comic-Con.

Akuma assist looks crap. Being able to do demon flip during a jump and the new demon flip throw dont make up for the assist nerf and his health nerf, which is also dumb since his health is already the lowest in the game, besides Phoenix.

I suppose with Wesker possibly getting the only nerf I expected him to get, and Trish and Storm actually getting buffed, I cant have everything :)

I'll probably switch to Doom when UMvC3 is released, or one of the new characters. Raccooooooon

Hulk has 3 levels of super armour on HP AND he has speed boost in x Factor?

Look how dangerous Ross was with that... might have have to bring him back.

the lame potential of Maggie as well with that push back...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is it just Stephen Strange videos today or any other characters?

Want to see some Nova and Rocket Raccoon videos.

Hopefully Gamora, Drax, Ronan, Thanos, Quasar, Silver Surfer or Annihilus are announced too.

The sorcerer supreme looks beast.

Wasn't too impressed by Nemesis

But Doctor strange seems bad ass

like a mix between Magneto and Modok

Nutrient wrote: »

like a mix between Magneto and Modok

fry.jpg

• Advertisement

Nemesis seems to be like hulk with projectiles. Looks like some of his attacks have armor.

Strange seems to "precise" for me. I prefer big slow characters that I don't have to think to play

Fine just Magneto then

Just from first glance that's what I got from him

Nemesis seems to be like hulk with projectiles. Looks like some of his attacks have armor.

Strange seems to "precise" for me. I prefer big slow characters that I don't have to think to play

Nemesis seems interesting

He utilizes an air grab in the video like hulk but, the tentacles give him quick ranged pokes it

So he seems seems like an up in your face character but a bit harder to zone out it would seem, the rocket laucher also seems great from far away as he can also use it in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And his rockets seem to have massive durability. One goes straight through Dormammu's Dark Hole towards the end.

EDIT: No, actually, the rocket explodes when it hit the Dark Hole - going through the video slowly shows that each rocket has a massive blast radius when it explodes.
    Diameter of the explosion looks to be almost half screen.

It's hard to tell from the low res video, but the direct hit rocket seems to do very slightly more damage than the blast radius one.

Sairus wrote: »
    And his rockets seem to have massive durability. One goes straight through Dormammu's Dark Hole towards the end.

Didn't notice that but wow

How in gods name do you counter him effectively I wonder?

He's the only character with super armor AND air projectiles

Dr strange is gonna have crazy loops, guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Nutrient wrote: »
    Didn't notice that but wow

How in gods name do you counter him effectively I wonder?

He's the only character with super armor AND air projectiles

I actually was looking at the video wrong - they don't go through the Dark Hole. See above.

A major weakness he'll probably have is his height, and his health doesn't seem great. Those rockets also take an age to actually fire. She-Hulk's lamp post does a decent whack of damage to him before he hits with his Hyper.

Sairus wrote: »
    I actually was looking at the video wrong - they don't go through the Dark Hole. See above.

A major weakness he'll probably have is his height, and his health doesn't seem great. Those rockets also take an age to actually fire. She-Hulk's lamp post does a decent whack of damage to him before he hits with his Hyper.

True, He's taller then sentinel

I'm not sure about the footage with the dark hole though

It seems like it hits the hole and since it was close to dorm the radius is what caused the damage

Also some new stages shown. The one that looks like an aircraft carrier in the day looks nice

Also some new stages shown. The one that looks like an aircraft carrier in the day looks nice

The second variation of the lab is nice

Wonder where the Tyrant is??

More footage!

loled at the air throw at the start

Also, the updated hud is featured in this, notice x factor has calmed down a bit, very slight change though

• Advertisement

Can't link on phone but maximillian has done a nice analysis of the new guys. Really liking tyrant. That punch super is not invincible but has armour, seems to have at least 5 hits as I see from him going through chun Li kirokon super thing.

But hulk charge style attacks will really change my game style. Might drop sentinel for nemesis once I get my hands on him.

Advertisement