Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

AudiKid wrote: »
    They're the exact same. You should just do the exam. You'll feel better once it's over

I disagree, these tests are pushing up the bar.

I couldn't say out of 10, but if it was a game we would be on level 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

TallGlass wrote: »
    I disagree, these tests are pushing up the bar.

I couldn't say out of 10, but if it was a game we would be on level 3 now.

Did you do the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

Did anyone who's completed the test receive a confirmation email? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

Mark.. wrote: »
    Did anyone who's completed the test receive a confirmation email? Cheers

I didn't anyway. How did you find the test?

AudiKid wrote: »
    I didn't anyway. How did you find the test?

Great, I wanted to make sure because I never received one! Yeah it was ok, not sure to be honest. I don't think I've ever taken a test and said that was handy, so I won't start here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JoeyJoe93

Mark.. wrote: »
    Great, I wanted to make sure because I never received one! Yeah it was ok, not sure to be honest. I don't think I've ever taken a test and said that was handy, so I won't start here.

Just came here with the same question. No confirmation for me either.
    Good luck to ye anyway. Back to the waiting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Did my verbal test. Don't know how to feel about it. Best of luck to all who have yet to sit it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Champagne Charlie

Hi everyone, quick questions to anyone who has done the stage 2 aptitude at this stage
    how many questions are there ? and how much time are you given in total ?

thanks in advance guys and best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Hi everyone, quick questions to anyone who has done the stage 2 aptitude at this stage

All explained within the instructions that were issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Champagne Charlie

mycro89 wrote: »
    All explained within the instructions that were issued.

Great thanks for the reply Mycro 89

• Advertisement

They are a fair bit longer than the practice tests if you did them. The verbal anyway takes solid concentration, it isn't hard but don't allow any distractions, for example a car alarm went off outside during mine and it threw me off in the verbal a bit. That time limit is the only challenge there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Did mine tonight found it okay so here hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lady Kitkat103

I found it alot easier then the practice link they sent out.... anyone else feel the same way???

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Ya I did to when do you think we will get the results cause I might have to cancel my travelling plans.... This is Wannabegard btw I deleted the account for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

I have a quick question for anyone who has already carried out Stage 2, are the actual tests similar to SHL material practise tests? As these can be tricky enough so I am bit apprehensive before I carry out my stage 2 tests. Best of luck to everyone :)

VicMack wrote: »
    I have a quick question for anyone who has already carried out Stage 2, are the actual tests similar to SHL material practise tests? As these can be tricky enough so I am bit apprehensive before I carry out my stage 2 tests. Best of luck to everyone :)

The tests are more or less the same. When you log in to it, and it is SHL, you can try the practice tests there as much as you'd like to familiarise yourself with the layout, which is the only real difference from the practice ones.

From what I'm picking up here the general consensus is that the tests are a little easier than the practice tests you've been doing. I could see no bump up in difficulty and thought the inductive reasoning was very logical.

In my opinion, practicing won't help you too much here, aptitude is aptitude at the end of the day. So I'd be getting it done very soon if I were you, just like pulling off a bandage. You'll feel fine when it's over. At this point we're all really just counting on luck mostly anyway so don't over think it.

Ya I did to when do you think we will get the results cause I might have to cancel my travelling plans.... This is Wannabegard btw I deleted the account for a while

Sometime mid/end sept

JoeyJoe93 wrote: »
    The tests are more or less the same. When you log in to it, and it is SHL, you can try the practice tests there as much as you'd like to familiarise yourself with the layout, which is the only real difference from the practice ones.

From what I'm picking up here the general consensus is that the tests are a little easier than the practice tests you've been doing. I could see no bump up in difficulty and thought the inductive reasoning was very logical.

In my opinion, practicing won't help you too much here, aptitude is aptitude at the end of the day. So I'd be getting it done very soon if I were you, just like pulling off a bandage. You'll feel fine when it's over. At this point we're all really just counting on luck mostly anyway so don't over think it.

I disagree lad. I admit that myself I am completely useless at aptitude tests. That being said I am confident that I did well in the test. The reason for this is because I worked my ass off! I looked at these tests for about a month before the test and praticed for hours. By the time I did the test, I was so used to them it was no hassle to me at all. It's my opinion that if someone cant do them in your head, you can get used to them and get to know the patterns. My brother is an science graduate and he could not do those tests. I gave him a Pratice one after to see how he would do.

I disagree lad. I admit that myself I am completely useless at aptitude tests. That being said I am confident that I did well in the test. The reason for this is because I worked my ass off! I looked at these tests for about a month before the test and praticed for hours. By the time I did the test, I was so used to them it was no hassle to me at all. It's my opinion that if someone cant do them in your head, you can get used to them and get to know the patterns. My brother is an science graduate and he could not do those tests. I gave him a Pratice one after to see how he would do.

Practice makes perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gardagirl2015

Doing mine at 2:30pm! Wish me luck guys!

• Advertisement

Good luck take your time and don't panic it's more important to get them right than to get it all done

There's practicing and there's procrastination.
    For me, I'd say get yourself in the right frame of mind and be familiar with the way it goes and just do it when you feel a bit comfortable.
    But one thing is right. There are set patterns when it comes to the inductive. You can learn these patterns as the same few rules follow. I'm sure these expensive courses teach that. Which is a bit of a flaw for an aptitude test wouldn't you think?

Sure don't bother with the courses get the home study packs and figure it out yourself. Thats what i did

And how do you mean procrastinating. I'm telling you what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Doing mine today, hopefully all will go well, will feel a lot better when it's over! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 wispa4

Did mine yesterday.seemed to go ok.answered all questions. I passed all stages in 2008 but due to the recruitment freeze didnt get to start.got a letter pre this campaign saying i needed to re apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gardagirl2015

Did mine, don't think I did so well I'm inductive reasoning and along with negative marking I'm not feeling confident!
    Hopefully bring up marks in the verbal

Did mine, don't think I did so well I'm inductive reasoning and along with negative marking I'm not feeling confident!

There is no negative marking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

You also need to get a pass mark in both tests.. If you get 100% in one and 40% in the other you do not pass

• Advertisement

You also need to get a pass mark in both tests.. If you get 100% in one and 40% in the other you do not pass

What is the "pass" percentage?? How many do you need right in each test

Advertisement