Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Go to jobtestprep.co.uk and subscribe to inductive reasoning. It will cost you a few quid but there are plenty Pratice tests and you will improve on them

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

If you want to take orders from assholes that make no sense for the rest of your life, sit around in the barracks, then work away.

PSNI will be taking on in october.

I was just saying for experience.

Just a quick question. Has anyone been to the courses on aptitude tests and if so do they cover the missing sequence type questions i.e. you are given a box with shapes and there is one missing. They come up a lot in the pratice tests yet the guys i rang said that they would not come up and it would all be next in series questions?

What do you think, will the missing sequence come ?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

Tests are out.... Going doing mine now, best of luck peeps, see ye on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

mycro89 wrote: »
    Tests are out.... Going doing mine now, best of luck peeps, see ye on the other side

Do let us know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Good Luck Everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

thekopend wrote: »
    Do let us know

Best of luck, feedback appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 tara321

Good Luck Everyone!

Best of luck, feedback appreciated:-)

Did anyone do it? How was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The practice exams where hard as nails ! I have been purposely leaving them to this stage in the game, just to get the hang of them and then go in and knock the test out.

I am wondering is it worth the 50/60€ to do course above.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    The practice exams where hard as nails ! I have been purposely leaving them to this stage in the game, just to get the hang of them and then go in and knock the test out.

I am wondering is it worth the 50/60€ to do course above.

The ones just before the test or the material we were given a few weeks ago? Well if your finding them hard as nails then a course cant b any harm.

thekopend wrote: »
    The ones just before the test or the material we were given a few weeks ago? Well if your finding them hard as nails then a course cant b any harm.

Yeah the SHL site ones, I find some of them easy and can see them quite clearly, but others I mights aswell be looking at a firework display trying to pick out Batman in the background, it's like the adult version of Wheres Wolly.

For 50€ I might go ahead and get the course and do it over the next few days

I did stage 2 just there.

I was going to leave it until the weekend, but there's no point putting it off.

I found that practicing them online only helped so much, because its the exam that ultimately counts.

Its very straightforward. I ended up flying through them and had loads of time left.

Its a pity you cant go back over your answers.

The advice I'd give people is just do it, sand stop putting it off. You don't turn into a genius overnight. They are very similar to the practice questions and not overly difficult.

I just hope now that I get into another band, because I think they'll only bring the top 600 through again. I'd say the only way you progress to stage 3 without going into a band is if you manage to get at least 90% of them right.

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gardagirl2015

AudiKid wrote: »
    I did stage 2 just there.

I was going to leave it until the weekend, but there's no point putting it off.

I found that practicing them online only helped so much, because its the exam that ultimately counts.

Its very straightforward. I ended up flying through them and had loads of time left.

Its a pity you cant go back over your answers.

The advice I'd give people is just do it, sand stop putting it off. You don't turn into a genius overnight. They are very similar to the practice questions and not overly difficult.

I just hope now that I get into another band, because I think they'll only bring the top 600 through again. I'd say the only way you progress to stage 3 without going into a band is if you manage to get at least 90% of them right.

Good luck everyone

Hey just wondering when you say , there very similar to the practice questions, are they the ones that are provided by CEB or the ones before test. ? I went to career services for 2 course felt very confident until I did the CEB ones. I got 8/18 but yet when I did career services ones I was getting 21/24? Thanks for reply

That's the reason I didn't go to the career services course because of the ceb sample tests. What I want to know is will the grid type questions come up cause if they do I need to take another look at them. In getting 75 percent pf my sample tests right but I'm struggling with the grid questions

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

That's the reason I didn't go to the career services course because of the ceb sample tests. What I want to know is will the grid type questions come up cause if they do I need to take another look at them. In getting 75 percent pf my sample tests right but I'm struggling with the grid questions

What do you mean by grid questions?

ill pm ya lad

Hey just wondering when you say , there very similar to the practice questions, are they the ones that are provided by CEB or the ones before test. ? I went to career services for 2 course felt very confident until I did the CEB ones. I got 8/18 but yet when I did career services ones I was getting 21/24? Thanks for reply

Similar to the first stage, and you get practice questions before you do the test.

Can somebody who has done stage 2 please tell me the style they are using ? Is it like the practice question that have grids are missing sequences or is is like 4 patterns and you have the choose the next one ?

I haven't done it yet. But I'm 99 percent certain that the grids will come up. Jobtestprep.co.uk

• Advertisement

I haven't done it yet. But I'm 99 percent certain that the grids will come up. Jobtestprep.co.uk

See what confuses me is Band 1 were also giving the practice tests but the test was actually completely different....but similar mind frame to get them right

See what confuses me is Band 1 were also giving the practice tests but the test was actually completely different....but similar mind frame to get them right

Was a different company in stage 1 I think, there all the same format just these are more complex level, I got jobsprep thing for 50€ and it's not so bad. Plently of examples, mostly I click the wrong one and then when you read the explanation you can see it a mile off with most.

Some just don't make any sense to me still.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Was a different company in stage 1 I think, there all the same format just these are more complex level, I got jobsprep thing for 50€ and it's not so bad. Plently of examples, mostly I click the wrong one and then when you read the explanation you can see it a mile off with most.

Some just don't make any sense to me still.

Hey I amnt on about stage 1. What I'm
    saying is band one were sent these practice tests in stage 2 aswell but the test were different. Same family of tests but they had the next pattern type questions.

I wonder will any do stage 2 this time round ?

I wonder will any do stage 2 this time round ?

When band 1 did stage 2, 600 progressed and 2,500 were put in a band.

Maybe something similar will happen now.

I think a good few will do stage 2 because it doesn't take much effort to do at home as opposed to travelling to Dublin for stage 3.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how harder are the real tests compared to the pratice tests?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how harder are the real tests compared to the pratice tests?

They're the exact same. You should just do the exam. You'll feel better once it's over

See my scores are very low atm. i wont pass if i do it. i got 15 right and 15 wrong in the last one i did.

There is only 8 questions within the practice material?? How are you getting 30?

• Advertisement

Just did Inductive Reasoning there lads and it seemed to be straight forward enough and same type and difficulty as practice questions. no curve balls as far as i can see.

Advertisement