Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

murfinho wrote: »
    I think this is quality - great use of colour

http://pinterest.com/pin/256986722457584309/

WOW :O I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 allheart

Hi All

Names is doug. been hanging around here for a while .
    got a load of Tattoo work in my early teens and now going back into it again with vengence to get cover up work done and add to them.
    some good chat and banter on here and sure I can get the help I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FireFoxglove

My name is Laura. I joined this forum yesterday, haha. I have four tattoos. An Om symbol on my left wrist. Kanji symbols on the back of my neck, which mean Fire Tiger. I have a triskelion on my right ankle.

My pride and joy is my tiger tattoo on my right arm. I waited four years before I got her done because I wanted to make sure it was something I wanted. She is not finished though. I need to get some sort of background to put with her because she feels naked, haha. I have not decided what I want though. I was thinking rocks and a waterfall with a moon in the night sky. Any suggestions on what would compliment the tattoo are welcomed. Thanks!

039.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I've been lurking in here for a while, but should probably introduce myself if I'm gonna start posting.

I'm Lyn, 23, Dublin. I've only got three tatts, plan to get loads more though. Piercings scare me, so I don't even have my ears pierced! :pac:

So yeah. Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Been using this site for a long time, best Irish forum for some good old fashioned common sense. Good to be here

No tats, 2 new houses.

Hahahaha I just realized this is a tat thread right here, I was here introducing myself as im from a long line of plonkers, its genetic you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

niamhmw wrote: »
    Helloo just happened upon this thread accidentally!

Looking for a tattoo artist in Dublin that likes doing colour work. I have a cool idea but looking around I noticed a lot of artists like dark, black and grey generally more masculine topics which I'm all for but not interested in that for myself yet!

Also I booked an appointment with a studio in town not going to say which one but basically the guy didnt do anything I asked he drew something terrible and I felt he just didnt bother putting any effort in as he thought I was just some rookie looking for a stupid little tattoo. Anyway didnt end up going back let him keep the deposit.

Anyone have any recommendations or if you want to swap tattoo pics etc that'd be cool!

Niamh

Did you try Connected Ink in Temple Bar? Tara does some really nice colour pieces. Some of her work is on their facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Did you try Connected Ink in Temple Bar? Tara does some really nice colour pieces. Some of her work is on their facebook page.

Zulu do some lovely colour work too, Sean is good for it. Colour Works does nice work, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

welcome to the forum.

If you're in waterford then you have to check out these guys : http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/

They do some amazing work. Don't know about any female artists though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 margara

Orim wrote: »
    welcome to the forum.

If you're in waterford then you have to check out these guys : http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/

They do some amazing work. Don't know about any female artists though.

tkx, orim!
    they are pretty cool though!
    it's always difficult find a girl to tattoo you :/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

margara wrote: »
    tkx, orim!
    they are pretty cool though!
    it's always difficult find a girl to tattoo you :/

Honestly, do not worry too much about the gender of the person tattooing you, and more about the talent, and professionalism of the person tattooing you. You won't go too far wrong with Joe Myler in JMDs.

• Advertisement

margara wrote: »
    hey sweetie diablo, I'm not worried.. It was just a question to know about the tattoos guys here..
    but i'm pretty sure you have some fetish with tattoos tough.. ;)

Um... what? O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tripple P

Hello all, My name is Pete, I'm 31, I have just finished working for a major Irish bank, I have started in Art college in the hope of gaining a Tattoo apprenticeship. Ye I do know how hard that's going to be, unbelievably hard. I hope to get good advice or ideas and help from this site. I have never posted on any type of forum before, so a bit nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Tripple P wrote: »
    Hello all, My name is Pete, I'm 31, I have just finished working for a major Irish bank, I have started in Art college in the hope of gaining a Tattoo apprenticeship. Ye I do know how hard that's going to be, unbelievably hard. I hope to get good advice or ideas and help from this site. I have never posted on any type of forum before, so a bit nervous.

No need to be nervous its mostly a friendly bunch :), and im sure if possible peoplewill help ya out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

Tripple P wrote: »

Banking to tattooing. That's some switch, man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Banking to tattooing. That's some switch, man!
    Most bankers give me the needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ctaf

Hi all, Kitty here. Loving the forum and tattoos. No tattoos yet, planning to get a feather with a 3D effect soon, but really need advice on where to go, who is the best. If anyone has a similar tattoo, I would love to see the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tripple P

dinorebel wrote: »
    Most bankers give me the needle.
    That it is Captain, I was never made for a shirt and tie job, just kind of feel into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ladywhiteraven

Hi, I had no intention of being a regular on this forum, just a one-off poster but I am finding it hard to leave so I might as well say hello.

I am female, 28 years old and live in north of england, love tattoos, motorcycles, dogs, nature in general, shooting (I'm ex Army) camping and art (drawing and painting mainly)

I was until recently a hospice nurse but got tired of all the bull cr*p and am now self employed.

I live on a site in a showman's waggon, with 10 dogs (crazy dog lady alert) lurchers, salukis and a jack russle among them.

Not a lot more to say about me really, so hi to everyone on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Manta400r

Hello everyone,

My names Shane and I go my first tattoo on Sunday in the Razors Edge in Naas, Co Kildare

Norbie done up the design in line with my reference pictures etc and done the tattoo for me, I couldn't be happier he was an absolute legend!! was only booked in for 4 hours but it took 5hrs 15mins and he kept suggesting we stay to get it finished, what a gent!!!

anyways thats me,
    chat to ye soon
    Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Trisha XxX

Hey everyone Im new to this whole thing. I love tattoos I have 3 already and hoping to get my 4th in a while. Its very addictive, lol. Most of my family has tattoos also, we're a tattoo family lol. Im hoping to get my next tattoo in snackbite on Abbey street in Dublin anyone been before what can you tell me about the place?

• Advertisement

Got three of mine done there, and my piercing. It's a good place, and they do tend to get pretty good artists. Sean and Denise have been turning out some really nice stuff.

Got three of mine done there, and my piercing. It's a good place, and they do tend to get pretty good artists. Sean and Denise have been turning out some really nice stuff.

Ok cool cant wait now, yeah I have heard about Sean. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

hey all Im a long time lurker first time poster in the forum. No ink yet but booked in for my first work next month for my birthday.

excited and nervous all at once. Only took me 15 years to finally book in to get work done :D:D

go easy on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

D3PO wrote: »
    hey all Im a long time lurker first time poster in the forum. No ink yet but booked in for my first work next month for my birthday.

excited and nervous all at once. Only took me 15 years to finally book in to get work done :D:D

go easy on me.

Good luck with it and try not to worry too much, it's not too bad.

What are you getting done?

Orim wrote: »
    Good luck with it and try not to worry too much, it's not too bad.

What are you getting done?

its a sunset with a flying dragon and the phase noli unquam respicere (never look back) incorporated into it on my left arm.

not too worried about the pain ive a pretty good threshold for pain. Guess I just want it done and a bit anxious having to wait lol

go easy on me.

After your first one you'll want more, its addictive. Good luck! :)

Trisha XxX wrote: »
    After your first one you'll want more, its addictive. Good luck! :)

I imagine so. im already thinking about more and the first one isnt even done yet :D

I imagine so. im already thinking about more and the first one isnt even done yet :D

You'll love it, yes they will hurt but they're what you want once your definite on what you want as well its awesome. Its funny people have asked me don't you regret any of your tattoos I don't and I can't wait to get more. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I'm Jenny, have been on here years ago! and now I'm back!

Got my first tattoo today, a large hip piece of an Arabian horse! Love it! :D

Also have my belly button pierced twice, ears 5 times and used to have my nose done and have more ear piercings but took them out!

Already planning my next tattoo :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 jambosambo

Hey folks. Im jambo, im 22, A college dropout, working night's in a shop. Hate it, Woud love to get into stock's. To be self-employed.

I have 4 tattoo's, Simba the tiger, Lucy the dragon and some tribal on my leg. I got some arabic on my ribs thats my most recent tattoo. I'd love a back and chest piece done.
    Have no idea how to share or show my tattoo's but I'll figure it out at some stage.

Thanks.
    Jambo

Advertisement