Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RuPaul's Drag Race

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's a shame given how popular it is on this side of the world that it isn't given a proper television run at roughly the same time as US! They complain about stealing the episodes but we've never had a proper distribution pre-Netflix and that doesn't have everything.

Paddy C wrote: »
    I couldn't watch a leak if it didn't have the full episode. It would annoy me to no end having to wait again, like someone giving you a nice plate of food and you keep the nicest looking/tasting bit until the end - but then the plate gets whipped away from under your nose just as you're about to stick the fork in!

I'll just obtain the full episode tomorrow.

The full leak is available though as I have seen it.
    I won't say anything until it is released but I was very disappointed with Ru's decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

How the hell is it leaking? This hasn't happened any other year. Possible inside job? :D

How the hell is it leaking? This hasn't happened any other year. Possible inside job? :D

Apparently the Wikipedia page was updated to show the 5th person eliminated too before it was edited back.(It had details of challenge winner, bottom two, safe etc.)
    Sasha Belle has a reddit and the episodes are leaking on reddit... Suspicious?
    She also revealed that the Ru trophies they are given upon elimination are not to keep but only for show :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Having watched the lipsync now, couldn't resist, I really am starting to question wtf Ru is thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Ash885 wrote: »
    Having watched the lipsync now, couldn't resist, I really am starting to question wtf Ru is thinking.

Can somebody please put me out of my misery and send me a link?

Someone has described it on another forum as like the Ben Delacreme and Darienne Lake situation from Season 6 where Ru definitely seems to have gone temporarily insane and sent the wrong girl home. Argh!

At this point, the only one I hope doesn't go is Ginger Minj. The rest aren't that likable/memorable enough for me yet. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I obtain the full episode. I'll just have to avoid Twitter and some other forums until I've watched it tomorrow night.

Ru is pissed off with the leaks. She had a mini rant on Twitter yesterday about it and people spoiling it for others by revealing details of the bottom two and who sashay's away on Wikipedia.

Glad I don't do much/any Drag Race related internet browsing until after I've seen the episode and long before the next episode could possibly leak.

Pissed was putting it lightly lol I knew about the bottom two a week or two ago though from a friend who said "there's a rumour going around". I never believed it given the person in question but...alas.

I think the way Logo releases all the material makes people go on twitter etc. looking for streams. It makes it an absolute must for everyone outside the US which I think is promoting all the leaks. Still waiting for Untucked!

• Advertisement

Untucked has been up since 2pm on YouTube, it goes up every Tuesday lunchtime. Just watch it on there with a proxy, no need to wait for it on the torrent sites. :)

Maybe people have seen the episode but I'll use spoiler tags just in case.
    Jayden was robbed of the challenge win; her Bianca was insanely good! I thought Kandy did better than the judges gave her credit for. Kasha is not doing it for me at all - the challenge plus dress was all a huge no and I feel like she should have been eliminated this episode in my opinion. I think Katya is being underestimated but it's nice to see her start to kill it!

My brother was saying that (and I'm not sure if he heard this as a spoiler or not) that it would be great to bring back all the queens for Snatch Game and have a twist where the already-eliminated queen who impressed the most would replace the 'still-there' queen in the competition.

Snatch game is also looking to be episode 7 as episode 5 and 6 have had their names announced; feels like very late in the season to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Surprised at the decision of who to send home, thought it was a no brainer which of those two should go. The one who stayed doesn't even seem to want to be there, she's not a winner, the girl who went had a lot of potential. Not happy Ru :mad:

Let's just call them out now. xD

I think the reason they chose to keep Pearl in lieu of Trixie is because Pearl has a "growth" storyline. The only thing Trixie could do that could show development is maybe changing drastically her look or something. Pearl will """""grow in confidence"""""" etc. which I hope is the case because I still do like her.

Trixie posted a youtue video earlier saying how she gave up her place in beauty school, spent thousands on outfits etc. and is just a small bit pissed at the decision. All the queens from previous seasons were in uproar and Sharon maintains it's the worst season yet :/

Just watched Untucked and holy *** I'm so upset she left! Especially considering Kandy was non exsistant in comparison. I hate to hear all their plans for Snatch game etc. and realising that those still left in the contest will offer nothing of the sort.

And can someone please remind Kennedy she was in the bottom 2 the previous week? Seems someone's a little bit too cocky over things now.

I can see where Pearl is coming from in fairness and she clearly wants to be there with all the sickening looks she has brought to impress - she does want to be noticed. We see a lot more of "her" in her interviews rather than in challenges/workroom. (I wanna die bring me a puppy) I think that people are seeing that she's a bit more monotone than Violet and are interpreting it as not caring. She's still one of my favs.
    I'm ready for Kasha/ Kennedy to go home.
    Ginger is being the shadiest queen there! Everything out of her mouth is "I'm not trying to be shady but..." And then she goes for someone. All of the two facedness is annoying me.
    For me at this stage Id love Max, Katya and Pearl for Top 3 with Ginger 4th.

• Advertisement

Ginger is being the shadiest queen there! Everything out of her mouth is "I'm not trying to be shady but..." And then she goes for someone. All of the two facedness is annoying me.
    For me at this stage Id love Max, Katya and Pearl for Top 3 with Ginger 4th.

My thoughts exactly! And I'm also thinking that she's being produced as the key winner insight but probably won't end up being so. Which I think is good because as much as it pains me, she's annoying the hell out of me with those subtle shadey one liners. It's like a Bianca who is going out of her way to voice her opinions.

Ash885 wrote: »
    Let's just call them out now. xD

I think the reason they chose to keep Pearl in lieu of Trixie is because Pearl has a "growth" storyline. The only thing Trixie could do that could show development is maybe changing drastically her look or something. Pearl will """""grow in confidence"""""" etc. which I hope is the case because I still do like her.

Trixie posted a youtue video earlier saying how she gave up her place in beauty school, spent thousands on outfits etc. and is just a small bit pissed at the decision. All the queens from previous seasons were in uproar and Sharon maintains it's the worst season yet :/
    Just watched the episode (and am about to start Untucked). I can't believe it. Trixie gave a much better lip-sync. By far. No way Pearl should have won that. She has every right to feel pissed about it.

I kinda also have to agree with Sharon Needles. Not that it's the worst season, (I wouldn't be that dramatic so early in), but it has been very disappointing/lacklustre so far. The changes, the similar queens... I think they dropped the ball with this one. The music video challenge is something we get near the end of the season (or its the final challenge) and Snatch Game is early on, so you have to wonder why the switch around. Unless, OulDublinHead's brother is right... there will only be 7 queens in Snatch Game if it is Episode 7 so they will try a gimmick to bring a former queen back and replace a current queen. That'd be really interesting to see.

I'm also wondering, was Ru really disappointed with the shady lyric in the song about Drag U? In all fairness, it was a low point for her career, it's the only show she did that got cancelled and the ratings and reviews for it were usually unfavourable.

My sides split when they mentioned Drag U and for a show that promotes being shadey/quick off the tongue, that was a reaaaaaaaally weird responce from Ru, agreed.

Ginger is just being a Bianca without admitting she's a Bianca. Bianca wasn't mean in interviews and nice to their face.
    I think Trixie won the lip sync but I prefer Pearl.
    I saw someone say "Ru compared them to themselves and not each other and Pearl made the biggest improvement and proved she wanted it" or something along those lines.
    When Katya was told "I like Trixie but I'm afraid she'll go early" Katya said "Well you're right and wrong" sparking rumours she'll be brought back

Ginger is just being a Bianca without admitting she's a Bianca. Bianca wasn't mean in interviews and nice to their face.
    I think Trixie won the lip sync but I prefer Pearl.
    I saw someone say "Ru compared them to themselves and not each other and Pearl made the biggest improvement and proved she wanted it" or something along those lines.
    When Katya was told "I like Trixie but I'm afraid she'll go early" Katya said "Well you're right and wrong" sparking rumours she'll be brought back

If that spoiler is true then that's probably why Ru had such a fit online re people leaking all those details. Because that could be golden.

• Advertisement

Well, they brought a queen back in Season 4 so it's not exactly new for the show, but it could be the shot in the arm the show needs at the moment as it is falling short of what I expected with all these trailers and Ru saying "You think you've seen it all... you haven't" and the series being more shady and draggedy. Nothing I've seen so far has made me think that. Quite the opposite in come cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

At people saying this is the worst season.......y'all remember Season 1 right?

Exactly

I couldn't bare to watch Season 1. The quality of it!!

Season 1 was actually great. It introduced us unwashed masses to the amazingness of Nina Flowers and the bat-shít crazy Tammie Brown. The camera lenses were dirty, but the heart was there. The contestants were mainly civil to one another and there was a real sense of family and togetherness, despite the competition. It was the launchpad for the entire show so I would certainly not say Season 1 was the worst. In fact, I've loved all the seasons as they all had stand-out moments.

Only Season 7 so far has made me think to myself that I'm kinda bored at times with this. Where is the footage of the girls making their outfits, deciding over what to wear and putting their make-up on? They have to chat amongst themselves so we can get to know them, hear their stories and then start to tell them apart and like them. We haven't got that yet this season, and it would really help considering the amount of similar looking queens. We get the challenge theme, some group chat and choreography and then its the runway. It all seems so rushed.

I like how Untucked is more honest and open and less fake-drama edited but I hate some of the style choices apart form that. Why is there some guy clapping to turn it from black and white to colour? Why is there a small guy who gets camera focus when he announces the girls have 5 minutes to get ready? Why does he have to walk backwards waving his arms to direct the queens to the door, as if they don't know where they are going. It all seems so micromanaged and attempting to be grander in scale than it is and there's no need for it. It's a simple little show, not Gone With The Feckin' Wind!

Incidentally, my friend has FINALLY got round to watching the show, intended on watching one episode to see what the fuss was about and ended up watching the entire of Season 1 in an afternoon and he loves it. He's in for a treat when he reaches the later seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm enjoying Season 7 so far but I can't quite connect with it the way I did on previous seasons and I think Paddy C has hit the nail on the head. We haven't really learned very much about any of the girls, I love the personal stories and the bit of background of them and at episode 4 we really should know more about the girls that we do. There was a bit in the episode just gone where it was mentioned that Max was a Christian, I'd loved to have heard more about that but it wasn't explored. There was just a brief mention of Sahara Davenport yesterday, I'd wondered with the names if there was a connection with Kennedy so why wasn't that mentioned in episode 1. There is so much about the contestants we're missing out on and that makes it hard to get to know them properly.

To be honest, it doesn't hold a candle to Season 6 - and I think Season 6 was exceptional in terms of the diversity of personalities they got. I'm kind of surprised at the lineup this year to be honest, very hard to find a lot of personality in these queens. In Season 6 from the first 5 mins on you instantly got a feel for queens like Gia Gunn, Laganja, Bianca Del Rio. Even Magnolia Crawford had more appeal than the likes of Kandy Ho. Especially surprised how dull Miss Fame is. Weakest season since Season 1 so far.

Granted this season has yet to hit the grandiose heights of entertainment that we have reached and surpassed for three consecutive seasons now, BUT... who amongst us can admit that we don't still be desperate for the links to come up online every Tuesday?

I had previously said that I was impressed and surprised by Mrs Kasha Davis. That was on the strength of her scat piece in the Glamazonian Airways challenge. Alas I fear that was her peak, since then she has been pretty lame and was totally cronge in the music challenge this week. Ginger hit the nail so on the head when she said that she sings like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz.

Pearl, I'm ready for you to go love - you seem nice enough, but you are not compulsive viewing.

Can somebody tell me what the hell "she done already done had herses" means? :o

I have no idea, but I also don't get the big hullabaloo about the "You've got she-mail" part either. It was there since the start and it took 6 yeards for people to find problem with it?

Just watched latest episode. WHAT THE HECK!? The bottom two was crazy enough, but the elimination??? This season is messed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Interferon Gamma

I have no idea, but I also don't get the big hullabaloo about the "You've got she-mail" part either. It was there since the start and it took 6 yeards for people to find problem with it?

I thought that it was cut in response to the uproar over the "Female or She-male" mini challenge (wherein contestants had to distinguish between trans*, drag queens and biological women) that was in the Shade the Rusical episode but removed from all later streams etc due to the very negative response it received (spearheaded by Carmen Carrara apparently). Not that people had issue with the "Ohh girl you got She-mail" joke itself but LOGO have just been err'ing on the side of caution since to avoid any bad PR.

I like season 7 overall so far and the new untucked. Although I feel they're making very obvious choices with the judging which forces more contestants into the lip sync than before which means it's harder to call a front runner. I agree that the pacing is weird but I've enjoyed the challenges.

My favourites are Max, Pearl, Trixie and Katya by a good stretch. I used to like Ginger but she's been a gotten a bit too up herself for my tastes lately. I know Violet's a bitch but I don't hate her for it oddly. I really hope Katya goes far because she's hilarious in her own shows. Sadly, I can't link videos due to my low post count but she does an amazing lipsync to the Titanic soundtrack.

This has a lot of toilet but as a cheap parody I couldn't stop laughing at it, especially at the Jasmine moments :pac::pac::pac:

OMG, the Jasmine part has me in tears... This is brilliant!!

I can't wait for Episode 3 for all the Jasmine moments xD

Now it's saying the video is no longer available because the account has been closed....?!

EDIT - never mind, I had the file stored in my cache so I'm gonne re-uploaded it to my own YouTube account.

Hallilu! Same, had it saved from before. If it's closed because it parodies Drag Race then that's very ironic given they promote using the gifs and memes so much.

Wish I had seen whatever that was!

You'll see it tomorrow, can't upload it on my work connection, it's so slow. My fibre connection at home will have it uploaded in about 2 minutes!

• Advertisement

Just thinking how disappointed I was with this weeks episode... I really hope it improves.

I have seen quite a lot of negative online reaction to Season 7 as a whole, from fans and even some queens, so I'm sure some of it has gone noticed by Ru and Logo/WoW.

Apart from a few stylistic changes, I honestly think it's just down to a bad selection of queens. No personalities, no stand-out looks, no real funny moments so far, so serious shade, no likable characters... in their own way, they are all a bit...

tumblr_nkz3ts537C1qlvwnco1_400.gif

Here's my 2 cents.

I think with other seasons you had a lot of progression and development from the queens. Ones like Phi Phi and the likes naturally fell into the bitchy role. Sharon, Adore naturally fell into the underdog etc. No one had a "gameplan" per say. I just watched the Season 4 reunion and most of them comment on how they were surprised how they were shown on the television. Now you have the likes of Violet coming in and already "has it all sussed out" on what role she'll be, what she'll be and how she'll act. Sasha even said in her opening she knows exactly how to win (clearly not...) IT all feels like they've all been brought in for specifics and there's no expectation that they'll be any different at the end.

And in each season you had natural, polished talent like Chad and Bianca to compare the rest with. I really think the only reason Ginger looks so well is in comparison to all the gimmickry of the challanges is the lack of talent present. If she were on another season she'd be slated for her runway looks. So there's no memorable skill shown as of yet. Not much glamour. Just seems like a load of goof. Most of the older queens who have experience are the worst?! Which given the challanges and assignments is not really helping them either tbh...

I think if they were to bring back a bit of the "production" and scripting it would have been a bit better. I understand that they have to change it up to be fresh but they really sacrificed a lot of memorable moments. Untucked is going for the "free and easy mode" but it's still coming across very scripted what with the camera men being shown and what not. So the idea was nice but the execution terrible because it's nice to see the natural side of things but at the cost of sheer entertainment? Right now I couldn't think of one or two one liners or any shadey wit from this season. Past seasons have influenced my ***ing English for Christ sake xD! (Oooooohhhkaaaaaay?)

And yeah it's true, if the show was terrible we wouldn't all be waiting for the streams to come on. And I am enjoying it. But there's still a little bit of disappointment because the show is held in such high regard. Snatch game and the likes will be the true testament I guess.

I just want the library to hurry up and open.

In response to the general vibe of this being poorly cast. The cynical side of me is going to suggest that perhaps that was the intention. It is possible that Ru/Logo/WoW have decided that this year a big girl is going to win so they put in 2 big girls who could take the crown. Jaidynn is very likeable and since her mini breakdown has been turning it out (plus Ru loves all that "journey" bollocks) and Ginger, despite how some find her shady, has been portrayed since day 1 as one of the strongest.

Looking through who's left I really cant pick another winner among them. I know some people love Pearl and Max but aside from the runways (which are sickening) I don't see them winning.

And sure since i'm here I may as well give my take on the elimination this week. Annoyed doesn't even come close to how i'm feeling. Yes, based on that particular challenge she deserved to be in the bottom but she should not have went against someone who barely even performed in the lip synch. I think Ru felt personally let down by Trixie as she commented that Trixie had the funniest audition tape she had seen but wasn't bringing that to the show so when Trixie fell into the bottom 2 she just let her sashay away because she was pissed with her. Well that's just my opinion anyway.

Looking through who's left I really cant pick another winner among them. I know some people love Pearl and Max but aside from the runways (which are sickening) I don't see them winning.

Pearl's runways are slaying me every week but I do agree with the challenges she's not coming out of her shell. I just hope that being in the bottom two lights a spark for her because I can see so much potential. I'm not sure what it is that has her holding back.
    Anyway my point was supposed to be that Max is slaying all the challenges (imo) and is coming off well in terms of personality. Her runway looks are very Raja to me and she is one of the strongest in the competition.

Y'all better not start hatin' on my girl Ginger - she is maaaah Qweeen!

Anyone else think a UK version of RPDR would be crap, just because transatlantic crossovers rarely if ever work?

• Advertisement

Y'all better not start hatin' on my girl Ginger - she is maaaah Qweeen!

Anyone else think a UK version of RPDR would be crap, just because transatlantic crossovers rarely if ever work?

I'm not denying her talent but her two faced personality is bothering me - either admit you're reading bítches or stop reading them.

I'd be excited to see it. The could have the token Irish queen on similar to the Peurto Rico queens :P I'd love to see how the style of the runway looks and comedy changes between the two regions.

Ginger is still my favourite queen and rooting for her all the way. I don't really think she's being shady at all I think she's just honest. I've never disagreed with any of her criticisms of the other girls and she does still try to be nice about it unlike Kennedy and Violet who just read people

I think if there was a UK version, some of the queens would behave/talk like the US ones do, probably because they have picked up sayings and the likes from watching the US version and I don't think it would come across as genuine. It may work OK as a one off series, but I don't think it could sustain itself and it wouldn't last. They could however do a pan-European one or something like that.

That new parody for Episode 3 is up btw! Equally as funny, if I can track down the link I'll post them all up for you guys.

Was at BenDeLaCreme on Friday night and my goodness she was AMAZING! I've only Alyssa to compare with, but DeLa done twice as many numbers and for the photo op she was the friendliest person you'd expect. Even after the show she came over to have a chat with us. A proper A+ performer. Even gave a little shout out to the marriage ref.

Yes, please post the link for episode 3!

• Advertisement
Advertisement