Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Best episode in a long while Roise was BRILLIANT in that scene. have to say the quality of the acting is superb its almost a pity more people don't watch it as its in the Irish language....

if it was in english it would be rivaling Corrie and Eastenders in the soap awards...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

You know it's good acting/writing when you're feeling really uncomfortable watching it. The build-up has been brilliant (except for last Thursday's episode, which was fairly pointless) - the tension (for the viewer, I mean) when Ciarán was in the same room as Róise has been unreal.
    So... should we take it that Katy was telling the truth months ago, then?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Yup Linda Bhreathnach has been great as Róise this past few weeks. Credit to the guy that plays Ciarán too - I'm not familiar with him so I'm guessing it's his first tv job.. I can't understand why they cast him as a 16 year old though - I suppose it fitted with the Katy storyline, but they could have pulled it off with him being a little older..

You can do gritty soap operas based around very real and current issues without everybody being involved with drug dealers or gangsters, ala Fair City or Eastenders..

Yup Linda Bhreathnach has been great as Róise this past few weeks. Credit to the guy that plays Ciarán too - I'm not familiar with him so I'm guessing it's his first tv job.. I can't understand why they cast him as a 16 year old though - I suppose it fitted with the Katy storyline, but they could have pulled it off with him being a little older..

maybe due to the nature of the story-lines they had to get an older actor..

It would be a great twist if it turned out Ciarán was really in his thirties :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Could Ciaran be labelled as a psychopath?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭con1421

Ciaran was brilliant. I enjoyed his story and hope that he stays in Ros an Run. I think that the creep in Gaudis had something to do with it

I rarely say anything negative about RnR, but I thought that was a major letdown..

There was more or less no suspense, the Guards arrived and he was gone within 30 seconds. Was hoping they'd hunt him down in the Connemara wilds and the locals would ring his neck or something.. Maybe that's just me?

I would focused almost the entire episode on Ciarán.. Fair play to the actor, he was great.

I guess budget plays a big part of it..

It would be a great twist if it turned out Ciarán was really in his thirties :p

I would be all for that.. Introduce a back story of him being a serial attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

i prefered it wasnt dragged out. other soaps do that. i think with tina staying and going, staying and going, thats dragged out.

anyone who watched fair city tonight will know how much better ros na run is. not checking cctv is basic mistake.

ros na run all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

swiftman wrote: »
    i prefered it wasnt dragged out. other soaps do that. i think with tina staying and going, staying and going, thats dragged out.

anyone who watched fair city tonight will know how much better ros na run is. not checking cctv is basic mistake.

ros na run all the way

I too was surprised by how fast he was found out. Didn't see that coming but then again RnR surprises us a lot :)

I too was surprised by how fast he was found out. Didn't see that coming but then again RnR surprises us a lot :)

In fairness, they dragged it out the last time (with Katy - we've only found out months later that she was telling the truth). That said, I really hope this isn't the end of the storyline, either. Another twist or two would be good.

Speaking of dragging things out - could Dara and Tina just feck off?!

In fairness, they dragged it out the last time (with Katy - we've only found out months later that she was telling the truth). That said, I really hope this isn't the end of the storyline, either. Another twist or two would be good.

Speaking of dragging things out - could Dara and Tina just feck off?!

roise will more then likely be pregnant with her 3rd child.

and maybe for some reason she will keep it, bit like catriona. thats my guess.

maybe it will turn out that ciaran's dad is from ros na run. maybe tadgh or mack's from some drunken night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

maybe it will turn out that ciaran's dad is from ros na run. maybe tadgh or mack's from some drunken night

Doubt if it would be Tadhg , its been done already with him and Jason.

It would be good if his mother turned up and she was an character who'd been in it before.

Damn Squeaky toy i was so looking forward to Mack and Caitriona getting it on! :(

they are the cutest family and he knows the full truth about maeve doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

As far as I remember, they gave her the morning after pill in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Great to see Tina back to her old ways. She'll only get more devious as time goes on.

Wouldn't like to see Mack and Catriona together though. They don't seem like a couple to me. Had to laugh at his date with the lady studying placenames. She was a right bore!

Frances is heading for a real fall. Aine's all growed up ,what age is she supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Donall4

Where did Evan and Niamh disappear too?? Thye should have them in more i they need more teenagers and younger people in Ros na Run. Its just Katy and Evan really who are the main young people and they are in it only half of the time

Vince walking in on Roise in the bath...morto for her! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Does anybody else notice that every actor constantly use this word "thou" (not sure about spelling) which they translate as "fine".I never remember this word from my school days and i cant find it any online translation.It must have been used 20 times tonight.

• Advertisement

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Does anybody else notice that every actor constantly use this word "thou" (not sure about spelling) which they translate as "fine".I never remember this word from my school days and i cant find it any online translation.It must have been used 20 times tonight.

Tá mé togh is another word for fine in irish i think its a nath cainte really i tend to use it too when i speak irish instead of Tá mé go maith/ceart go leoir...

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

cant wait for nxt week cos my son a few of Gaelmuirescoil in Athenry had a tour back in january and they were told to watch out around easter to see themself in their walk on part. he had the bested day cos they took them under their wing to look after school kids. they didnt see Thaig though.

cats.life wrote: »
    cant wait for nxt week cos my son a few of Gaelmuirescoil in Athenry had a tour back in january and they were told to watch out around easter to see themself in their walk on part. he had the bested day cos they took them under their wing to look after school kids. they didnt see Thaig though.

Sure Thaig would scare them away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

:eek::eek::eek:
    Tina and baby dies
    :eek::eek: read it in magazine .

thanks for using the spoiler button :( :eek: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

the spoiler above was incorrect

according to the tv guide on Sky
    Dara and Tina are inconsolable at baby oisin's funeral

so im guessing Tina
    just loses the baby

ya after the programme tonight, the presenter said
    that one of them dies

Ros Na Run was 11/10 tonight, brilliant swopping between Tina & Dara, Roise and Grainne, Tadgh and Francis...three very serious storylines and they handled all 3 perfectly imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ugh Tina acting like she has a heart! Can't stand her!

• Advertisement

jjf1974 wrote: »

Tá mé togha is very common in Connemara Irish.. Like cow :)

Tina and Dara are pissing me off.. I love Lee.

Advertisement