Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Increasing the pool of possible press conference questions by about 200.

A completely overhauld transfer system. (No I will not pay 144M for your very promising young CM, especially considering that's enough to buy your club.)

More player positions on the Team Screen. At the moment there's only a choice of about 15 or so, you should be able to drag a player into whatever position you want on the pitch really.

Improve the shots to goal ratio.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Frisbee wrote: »

More player positions on the Team Screen. At the moment there's only a choice of about 15 or so, you should be able to drag a player into whatever position you want on the pitch really.
    YES! Thats one thing that really annoys me and I hope they change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

ok here is my suggestions

international management-advisor role this would be a system whereby if you manage a country you don't know much about(or even if you do) u can hire an advisor to suggest players that should be called up/who looks promising/who you should consider dropping.

american regans=the land of immigrants a much larger ammount of surnames not just english and spanish sounding 1's

national academies-like clairefontaine in france or the national soccer academy that produced all donovan/dempsey/howard/najar in america

mls-make it more like real life(mls commissioner) and have expansions take place over course of game.

individual country style-ok so jurgen klinsman said that when he took over germany he went about changing the style of german football completely. i would like to see this happen in football manager somehow. at the very least a country should have a basical footballing philosophy and managers by and large should follow this style of play for example italy 4-3-1-2
    some countries would favour technique while others are more about power.

let user submit bid to host future tournaments in country

arrange random friendlies at random times-i want to be able to take an experimental national squad to play some national team in their offseason

transfer system overhaul-stop clubs changing their teams so dramatically. i hate when i see like real or man u sign about 100 hundred strikers a season. managers should target players with like intelligence buying players that suit their team(obviously some managers depending on their attribute will buy players for sake of it) also would like to see a domestic player bias attribute for managers which would mean they would be more likely to have a squad of their own countrymen

dynamic league repuations(buying high profile players will increase leagues repuation overall)

i dont know if this happens but it should be possible for a player to exceed their set ability depending on the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

international management-advisor role this would be a system whereby if you manage a country you don't know much about(or even if you do) u can hire an advisor to suggest players that should be called up/who looks promising/who you should consider dropping.

let user submit bid to host future tournaments in country

arrange random friendlies at random times-i want to be able to take an experimental national squad to play some national team in their offseason

These 3 shouldn't happen. You put work in so I will explain why

1) That's an Assistant Manager basically, he tells you what players should be called up and who shouldn't in his recommended squad, the advisor role would just be extra pointless stuff.

2) The manager dosn't do that anyway so he shouldn't in this.

3) Their is a set time that National Teams can take their players away from the Club, otherwise the club dosn't let them go. Hence why all the International matches take place at basically the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

i dont know if this happens but it should be possible for a player to exceed their set ability depending on the circumstances.

I think you dont fully understand the CA/PA in the context of the match engine. Alot of players never will reach their PA because of several factors like natural fitness, attitude, training, facilities & getting the breaks into first team football when they need to. This all reflects real life.

The flip side is that the player is professional, has all factors in his favour (like a Man United trainee) and they just dont make it. The game reflects this also with the PA being the absolute limit a player can achieve.

Playing above their ability is also reflected in the coaches and scouts by their attributes, their mentality and preferred playing styles. I've had several players that were written off by coaches but I got the best out of and changed their judgement of the player.

I think what you are looking for is being mimic'd by the match engine but yer getting hung up on what the PA means in programming terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And here we go!

anyone think we could ever like see a rugby management game with fm engine? it wud be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

anyone think we could ever like see a rugby management game with fm engine? it wud be epic
    There was a game out a while back, PC Pro Rugby Manager - the game engine was AWFUL though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

According to an interview on eurogamer dynamic league reputations are to be included in FM 2011.

My prayers have been answered.:D

According to an interview on eurogamer dynamic league reputations are to be included in FM 2011.

My prayers have been answered.:D

The guy in the above video confirms it. Also looks to be a lot more interaction options and contract options which should be good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Dynamic league reputation is a brilliant edition, they're also looking at adding dynamic prize money for the leagues too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Finally! It was so frustrating winning the Northern Irish League 20 years in a row with Albert Foundry and to be in the champions league but still have my players refuse to sign new contracts only to be snapped up by League One clubs. Can't wait for this to come out.

Apparently some of the fm team were interested in doing it, but there wouldn't be enough demand for it, so it wouldn't be feasible for them to make it :(

wow it would be incredible. they should make a game and see what reaction is and build up fanbase. loads of people would buy it in like ireland england wales france australia new zealand south africa etc.

It would be permanently be in FM's shadow though to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

I've been flat out playing the demo for FM10. Do you think should I buy it for 15 quid, or just wait until 2011 comes out this Christmas?

Jonah42 wrote: »
    I've been flat out playing the demo for FM10. Do you think should I buy it for 15 quid, or just wait until 2011 comes out this Christmas?

probably just wait till fm11 at this stage, HMV has the release date as October 29th, although fm10 is good, some great fan made databases for it on their official site. One of them lets you play the English league down to 10 levels below the Premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭simo28

What I do to enhance playing in LOI is to use the editor to change the details of the teams. I up the reputation of the league and the reputations of all teams to the same of as say Barnsley or Scunthorpe but do it so Bohs or Rovers rate higher than Cobh etc.
    I know its not realistic but its a game and it makes it more enjoyable.
    For me anyway....

I like to make a world superleage type competiton :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

there was a nations league database set up on one of the fan sites, it was good enough, although u didnt have the actual national team players on the squad,
    and there was also a league set up with the best teams in the world set up in a database, on this site,

i recently got bored with fm10 so i created my own custom database, consisting of the all Ireland championship, due to it being the season for it :L
    currently playing my 1st season of it to find probs with it to fix

• Advertisement

I'm just biding my time for FM11 with a network game with my brother. They're always great fun

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Some more features revealed
    (revealed on Friday)

Press Conference revamp – Not just a new look, and not just 150+ new press conference questions, but also all of the previous 500+ press conference questions have been fully reviewed, with possible answers revised where necessary, leading to press conferences being more intuitive and in situ.

(revealed on Saturday)

Newgen revamp – Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

Squad registration / squad number split – We’ve separated out the squad registration and squad numbering screens, so you can now give squad numbers to players who don’t need to be registered.

(revealed on Sunday)

Match analysis improvements – lots of new options available on the match analysis chalkboard, with offsides, free kicks, corners, throw ins, clear cut chances, half chances all now available to analyse via the system, as well as the option to show match actions for all the players of the team at the same time, rather than having to look at them all separately. There is also a new view for average positions of players during the match and a heat map view showing where they've spent most time on the pitch.

I like the sound of a heat map.

Some more features revealed

I like the sound of a heat map.
    Liking what I'm hearing about this more and more.

Newgen revamp sounds good for longer games too

Ye sounds like they've made a lot of improvements. I would love to see dynamic prize money coupled with league reputation also.

Ye sounds like they've made a lot of improvements. I would love to see dynamic prize money coupled with league reputation also.

They've said there will be dynamic prize money aswell :)

That's good to hear as it makes bringing a lower league team from a lower reputation league too the top a real possibility now. The only thing I'd be worried about is if reputations improved too quickly. Really it should take decades to improve reputation. It should make long career games an awful lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

That's good to hear as it makes bringing a lower league team from a lower reputation league too the top a real possibility now. The only thing I'd be worried about is if reputations improved too quickly. Really it should take decades to improve reputation. It should make long career games an awful lot better.

I think they said that you'll only notice a difference after playing through longer games so it'll probably take 10-20 seasons before a big difference can be seen.

Just gets better and better.....

Monday's New Feature

Monday's new feature is the Set Piece Creator – Much like last years tactics creator, we’ve now added a set piece creator to the game which allows you to set up your tactics at set pieces in a much more intuitive way.

• Advertisement

It sounds so good, I think I might actually go out and pay for it this time! :pac:

Advertisement